PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Lifestyle - Diet and Exercise

Notices

Old 06-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
slightly
PCOStar!

Default Dieting Diligence!!! Daily accountability chat!

Morning girls! Its Monday! The start of another week! We had a good chat going on the South BEach phase I topic for the past few months, but I thought that since almost noone is doing Phase I anymore, and since many people aren't even following S.B., maybe another topic title would be better to bring in more people!

So, I'll start this one and see if it catches on!

How was everyone's weekend? I did a little shopping over the weekend, trying to stock back up on the "good stuff". We grilled chilean sea bass last night!! It was great!! I just seasoned it with Old Bay seasoning, something I read about on here somewhere, and it was very good.

I think I'm going to try to go to a Pilates class tonight. I have to call and see if there is an open space. I kind of don't want to go cause its not till 7, so i won't get home till around 8:30 pm, but....need to work out....
Old 06-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
chickennoodlesoup

Send a message via MSN to chickennoodlesoup

I had a terrible weekend eating wise! It began on Thursday when I went to the Kenny Chesney concert. I ate a piece of pizza and french fries. Then on Friday I ate hardly anything because of a dentist appt. that about killed me, but on Friday night I ate pizza again! Saturday and Sunday was cookout food. So not good. I didnít gain any of the weight back, but I didnít lose anything more either. Today I didnít have time to pack my lunch so I am trying to think of what I can go get that wonít be terrible. I am having serious cravings today for unhealthy things.
chickennoodlesoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
slightly
PCOStar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickennoodlesoup
I am having serious cravings today for unhealthy things.
This is totally my problem!!!! I allowed myself a lot of "freedom" on my vacation and then coming back its so hard to resist the temptations. I'm trying really hard to spend the extra time to prepare meals so I can make yummy healthy things instead of eating my boring old quicky standby stuff. But, lunch is so hard. I should go to the grocery store and get a salad at the buffet, but I'm so sick of salads, i might go to Chick-fil-A for a grilled chicken sandwich.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #4
FrumWithPCOS

My weekend wasn't great either...As of yesterday morning, I had gained back a LOT of weight, though...got nervous, but then today I lost some of it, so now I'm at a decent weight...not sure what caused that weight gain to come off so quickly, but I'm not complaining!

Gotta get back on track. Although I went to a wedding last night and ate pretty well! Passed over most of the fancy dishes at the hors d'oeuvres(even the ones that I could have eaten diet-wise had red sauce - and I've learned to stay away from those when I'm wearing a lavender suit!) - instead, I went for some of the fruit and for the chicken salad. Boring, but kept me satisfied (my only "cheat" was the pineapple...not TOO bad, right?)
Boruch Hashem
FrumWithPCOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #5
slightly
PCOStar!

Frum, sounds like you did good!! Pineapple is hard to resist, its so yummy.

I haven't done great lately either. Getting "back on board" since vacation has been hard, but I'm motivated to get it in gear starting today. Lets all motivate each other!!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
Zephyra

Sorry some of you had a rough weekend. It sounds like you did well Frum. I watched my calories aover the weekend and went swimming on Saturday for the aqua aerobics class. I got frustrated because there were a couple of moves that I wasn't sure what the instructor was talking about, and she had us all in a circle at one point. This wouldn't have been bad, except we had to continue to move around here, and part of the water was 4'6", and I'm 5'3". Okay, feeling like I'm going to drown here. We also did some stretches where we were supposed to be relaxed, and again... I'm thinking I can't be relaxed when I have one leg in the air...only one foot on the bottom of the pool....I'm in deep water, and I'm going to drown. This was not a good day for me. I also cried a little because I couldn't find Dh at the gyn (he had my car keys). Turns out that he was asleep in the men's area. They have a sitting area with a tv.
Geeesh!
Zephyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #7
slightly
PCOStar!

Z - I can't believe you have to do it in that deep of water! I'd be like, "ok lady, i'll be following along from the shallow end, so talk loud". :lol:

I am sorry you couldn't find DH to get the keys when you were having a rough day!! but, I have to say I'm totally cracking up that your DH was sleeping in the men's area. I can totally see my DH doing that!!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #8
Zephyra

It was pretty funny....once he came out......up until then....not so much so.....but yeah, trust my Dh to do something like that :lol:
Old 06-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #9
FrumWithPCOS

Yipes, sorry you had such a frustrating day, Zeph...Hope today's better...your gyn has a men's area? Mine has a waiting area, but it's the same for women and men, I think...?

What was his reaction when you woke him?
Boruch Hashem
FrumWithPCOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #10
Zephyra

frum - and I can't type today either...it was gym and not gyn.....that would be funny too