PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > 40+ Forum

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
PCGeekz

Send a message via ICQ to PCGeekz Send a message via AIM to PCGeekz Send a message via MSN to PCGeekz Send a message via Yahoo to PCGeekz
Question Hysterectomy and Lessened symptoms?

I'm 54 and have a scheduled Hysterectomy for April 20th, 2012. I'm told I have large cysts on and around my ovaries. I've had laproscopic surgery at least 3, maybe 4 times to remove cysts. This time, hysterectomy.

My question is this, is there anyone here that has had a full Hysterectomy and afterwards their symptoms lessened? I know they won't go away but I'm wondering if they will improve, I'm hoping they will at least be better than they are now for me.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance
Kathy

You think terrible two's are bad?...
...wait until you have to teach them how to drive! :roll: Y I K E S ! :lol:
PCGeekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
elliep

Default hysterectomy

Kathy,

How did the surgery go? Hopefully you're recovering quickly. It looks like I'm heading down the same road you're on, so I'm very curious to see if the surgery did lessen your symptoms. Please keep me posted! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
PCGeekz

Send a message via ICQ to PCGeekz Send a message via AIM to PCGeekz Send a message via MSN to PCGeekz Send a message via Yahoo to PCGeekz

I'm 6 days post surgery. I feel pretty good considering. I'm still taking pain meds but not as often. My surgery is robotic assisted laproscopic, also known as davinci. My surgeon told me that mine was a very difficult surgery because of the cysts. My Ovaries were pretty covered with cysts, my right ovary was embedded in my abdominal wall and my uterus was attached to my bladder with scar tissue from previous surgeries.

I'm glad its over and I'm still recovering. I haven't noticed any differences in symptoms of pcos just yet but its still early. I'm enjoying being pampered by my hubby and daughter, although they don't make the dinners I do they are doing ok, and I appreicate it!!

When is your surgery scheduled? What type of surgery will you have? I had a total, meaning they took everything out. Uterus, fall tubes and ovaries. My surgery took about 3 1/2 hours.

I couldn't believe how good I felt after the surgery. I had my appendix out in January (emergency) and was very ill afterwards for a good month. I felt better after this surgery then I did 2 weeks after my appendix.

Let me know about your surgery and what you're schedule for and when. Many good thoughts being sent your way!

You think terrible two's are bad?...
...wait until you have to teach them how to drive! :roll: Y I K E S ! :lol:
PCGeekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
elliep

So glad to hear you're doing well!! I don't have surgery scheduled yet; I'm still researching. But I am having a lot of problems that hysterectomy would eliminate, and my mother had to have one by the time she was my age, and she says she wishes she would've done it earlier! Best wishes for your continued recovery and good health!!