PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Alternative Family Building

Notices

Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #11
EJ1008
PCOStar!

Anna - Congratulations on your upcoming adoption! Funny how life works sometimes, isn't it. I'm so happy for you and your DH. Hope the process goes well and your LO will be in your arms this summer.

Last edited by EJ1008; 03-21-2012 at 11:47 PM.
EJ1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #12
Anna
PCOStar!

Send a message via MSN to Anna Send a message via Yahoo to Anna

Well things are not really going the way we hoped. The mother is on the fence again. I think our chances have gone from 90% down to 10%. She is talking more like she wants to keep it. She even told me the name she picked out today. So it made me think more that's the way she is leaning. I am ok with it. It is my grandchild either way. Its a wait and see. I think she wants to know how its going to be once the baby is born. She has no idea what she has in store. She did say maybe a couple months down the road and I don't feel like I can do it then you can adopt her. I just felt like its not a doll you just play with until your bored then give the child up. But I would rather that baby be in our family then anywhere else. So I won't know anything until the child is born.

Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #13
Working Through
PCOStar!

Anna: Sorry to hear that it has been ups and down, but you're doing a great job on keeping everything in perspective!! I admire that quality. Sounds like that baby is going to be loved by you for sure, regardless.
Our Adoption Journal: http://www.anderson-ent.com/helpinga...row/?page_id=6
Working Through is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #14
EJ1008
PCOStar!

Anna - Sounds difficult for all involved.
EJ1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #15
Anna
PCOStar!

Update:

She is back to wanting us to adopt again. This time I think I am not going to get so excited about things. I am still going to think of the baby as my granddaughter until that baby is in my arms and those papers are officially signed. I think she is realizing that it will not be that easy. She won't have the freedom. Especially now that the weather is nice again. She is getting out more, meeting new people, has a guy that is interested in dating her once she decides about the baby. But things can change once she delivers that baby girl and hears her cry and holds her. She is not really bonding with her. She still calls her it. And refuses to give her a name. But it could change at the drop of a hat. I feel bad for her. But I am proud of her at the same time. Her worker has to get the parenting classes going and the home study. This ball needs to get rolling. I feel like a sitting duck. Anyway will keep you posted. She is 7 months now. Not much longer to go.

Anna

Old 05-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #16
Working Through
PCOStar!

Anna: She does sound confused, poor thing. I am sure this won't be easy on anyone involved. I am so glad to hear she has a worker involved, it has to help knowing there is an outside unbiased party who has her and the baby's best interest in mind. I think it is safer for you to think of the LO as your granddaughter until the papers are signed. Are there any steps that you can take in the mean time just in casae she does decide to place the child with your family?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #17
JessicaH
PCOStar!

I'm back!! I finally got my account to work!!

Anna - I hope things work out for you! Waiting is so difficult!

Rebecca - I've been reading all that you post and I was hoping to be able to get back here eventually. I know I've found you on facebook - sorry I haven't contacted you yet!

Things are amazing here. Annalise is the best baby! I'll have to post more later - just wanted to check in and say hi!
Angel Baby 12/17/08 (clomid 150mg)
Angel Baby 3/8/11 (femara 2.5 mg)
*Annalise 1/23/12 (adopted 2/6/12)

TTC #1 8/05 - 9/06
TTC #2 10/07 - 2/12

JessicaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #18
Working Through
PCOStar!

Jessica: Welcome back. It is great to have an adoption success member on here! It certainly brightens the mood.

Anna: Praying for peace for all involved.

AFM: Struggling today with not knowing how long "the wait" will be before I am matched with our angel, but trying to pray for patience.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #19
Anna
PCOStar!

Well things are 100% now. We have a plan in place. We will be fliling for custody once the baby is born as per the birth mom. She will be moving out in September (when she is 18). She is going back to school in September as well. Things are looking up. We also have a birth plan in place and I plan on supplementaly breast feeding the baby. We have a name, the nursery is ready, we are just waiting for her.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #20
Working Through
PCOStar!

Anna: Oh wow. My heart is warm with all the news you just shared. Those are great things. I am so glad to hear that birthmom will be moving onto POSITIVE things in her life and know that she has picked amazing adoptive parents for her LO. I can't wait to hear of her arrival and all the doting I am sure you and DH will give her.