PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Lifestyle - Diet and Exercise

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #91
impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsunshine72 View Post

We try to create and maintain a non-judgemental and accepting atmosphere here, and we need to accept that there will be people who are at different stages of the journey than we are.
Sweet, I appreciate your kind words. I am fairly new on the boards and I am often afraid to ask a stupid question or give wrong information or bad advice.

I did want to share something that Silver shared with me.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

This site is AMAZING! I made the Cream Cheese Clouds and the Chocolate Coconut Bark this weekend. Love them both. For the clouds I used Almond extract instead of vanilla (maybe but in a little too much). For the bark I could only find 100% or 60%. I used the 100% Chocolate. It made for a less sweet bark but still good. I also lightly sprinkled coconut shreds on top before I put it in the freezer.

Another personal snack idea: I go to the bulk candy isle at my grocery store (they also have bulk nuts). I get whole almonds and walnuts (only about 3-4 carbs per serving) and peanut butter chips (about 3 carbs) and mix them together for a snack. Yummy!
TTC since June 2009
Met 2000mg, Folic Acid, Fish Oil, Cinnamon, vit. D, B12, Chromium Picolinate + multi.
2 furbabies Roxey (shepherd mix) & Lil' Kitty

impatient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:43 AM   #92
robertsu

Lovely recipes, I try some of them and really test great. I like to cooking and make different dishes every Sunday. Here I like Cream Cheese Clouds too much. Amazing test and lovely dish. Thanks for sharing this nice dishes.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:00 AM   #93
saintsfan88

Default Vegetarian Chili

I found and modified this recipe and made it tonight. It turned out very yummy!

Vegetarian Chili

Ingredients:
-1 large bell pepper (green or red.. I used green), seeded, and chopped
-1 medium squash, diced
-4 oz (about 1 1/2 cups) of fresh mushrooms, chopped
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-3 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 large onion, chopped
-1 can diced, seasoned tomatoes, with liquid
-1 can red kidney beans, drained
-1 cup canned corn, drained
-Chili seasoning (I used Season All)

Preparation:
-Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add cloves of garlic and chopped onions. Sauté for approximately two minutes.
-Add peppers, mushrooms, and squash. Sauté for a few more minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring constantly.
-Add tomatoes with juices, drained kidney beans, drained corn, and seasoning.
-Stir until combined, lower heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.

Enjoy!!
2-21-11:Began taking Metformin and prenatal vitamins
3-13-11:Stop taking birth control, begin TTC!

saintsfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #94
Savannah

This is easy and healthy recipe. Is this recipe help me in
to lose the weight. should i take it while i am
in dieting.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #95
beauty1216

I like to make portabella pizza's. They are really good and a nice twist to your every day pizza. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before. It's so good and it's good for you!

4 large Cap portobello mushrooms (stem removed)
1/2 cup pizza sauce, spaghettie sauce or 1 cup diced tomatoes
1 1/2 Cup mozzarella cheese (low fat works fine)
1/4 cup diced basil
Oregano to taste
(you can add fresh veggies of your choice for a healthier and more fulfilling meal)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place the mushroom on a baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. (this helps to harden the cap as they tend to get a bit watery) Remove from the oven, and spread pizza sauce in the cup of the mushroom caps. Top with cheese. sprinkle basil & oregano on top. (If you are adding veggies, add veggies first, then cheese) Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden. Enjoy!

My fiance was skeptical...until he ate some. Now he is hooked! He is always asking me to make them on the weekends. I love them because they are low carb, low calorie and low fat. My 2 year old loves them too! It's recipes like this I love because the whole family can enjoy. I have found ways to make healthier delicious meals for the whole family and this is definitly one of them. Give it a try!
beauty1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #96
barrinomegan

I love this thread! I'm with the majority of you, especially slightly. I don't really like to cook, but I will do a little, if I have to. The recipes so far seem very doable. Thanks guys!!
barrinomegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #97
markbothas

I appreciate all the recipe you have mentioned here. Fundamentally the healthy food contain all the nutritions what a man ought to have in one full meal. For that you can eat anything healthy but it ought to be balanced by all the nutritions.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #98
pjs3902
PCOSuperStar!

Send a message via MSN to pjs3902

Sloppy Joe Meatloaf

olive oil spray
2/3C old-fashioned oats
1/3+1/4+1/4C canned sloppy joe sauce
2large egg whites, lightly beaten
1lb 96% lean ground beef
1/3C minced green bell pepper
1/4C finely chopped sweet onion
1 clove fresh garlic, minced

Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly mist a 9x5x3" nonstick loaf pan with olive oil spray.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, 1/3c + 1/4c of the sloppy joe sauce, and egg whites. Let the mixture stand for 3mins or so until the oats begin to soften. Add the beef, bell pepper, onion and garlic. Mix until well combined.

Transfer into prepared pan and spread so top is flat. Spread the remaining 1/4C sloppy joe sauce evenly over the top. Bake for 30mins. Let sit for 10mins, cut into 8 slices and serve.

Servings:4 Calories:225/serving

Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Breast
1/4C shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1/2C diced fire-roasted tomatoes (reg diced tomatoes are fine!)
1/2t red chile flakes (optional)
2T chopped cilantro
4 (4oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3T white whole wheat flour
1/4t ground black pepper
2t olive oil

In a small bowl- combine cheese, tomatoes, chile flakes, cilantro.

Place 1 chicken breast on a cutting board and hold it flat with your hand. Using a slender sharp knife, carefully cut a horizontal pocket in the side of the breast making the pocket as large as you can without cutting through the other side. Repeat for each chicken breast. Spoon 1/4 of the cheese-tomatoe mixture into each pocket and close with a toothpick.

In a shallow dish, combine the flour, black pepper. Dredge the stuffed chicken into the flour mixture, coating on all sides.

In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until just tender (about 4mins on each side). Remove toothpicks and garnish with cilantro.

Servings: 4 Calories per serving: 200

White Chicken Chili (the chicken is white meat, the chili is not white )
1lb boneless, skinless chicken or turkey or lean pork tenderloin (i've only made this with ckn)
4 1/2C cooked great northern beans (i use 3 cans of Busch's brand- just dump them in a strainer and rinse off)
2C fat free, low-sodium chicken broth
2C thick and chunky salsa
1C reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Chopped Cilantro (optional)

Cook and shred the chicken, set aside. In a large saucepan, mix together the beans, broth, and salsa. Heat through and add extra broth if desired. Stir in the meat and cheese and top with cilantro. Serve hot.

Makes 8 servings. 230calories/serving

Another simple side dish is using great northern beans and adding 2TBSP of Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce (lower in sugar than most brands). Tastes good and a lot healthier than traditional baked beans/pork and beans.

Me: 27 DH:28 Our babies:
Our first miracle: Alexaundra ElizabethJo~ bfp 8/10/08, born 4/24/09
Our second miracle: Mollie Reighnea~ bfp 1/5/10, born 9/3/10
Our third miracle: Jacob Andrew~ bfp 11/15/11, born 7/17/12

Weight loss journey~ started 5/6/13

Diagnosed in 2004, told in 2005 we'd never have kids- HA! We showed them!
pjs3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #99
pjs3902
PCOSuperStar!

Send a message via MSN to pjs3902

Meatballs-
olive oil spray
2 eg whites
1/2C quick-cooking oats
1/4C fat free milk
1/2C finely chopped parsley
1T dried minced onion
1/2t dried oregano
1/2t garlic powder
1/8t crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1lb 96% lean ground beef

Mix egg whites, oats, and milk with a fork until combined. Add seasonings and herbs until well combined. Mix in beef.

Make 32 meatballs and place on a baking sheet-greased with olive oil spray. Bake for 7 to 10mins at 400*.
8meatballs= 194cal

Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chops
4 (4oz) boneless pork loin chops
1tsp garlic powder
Ground black pepper (to taste)
8t Honey Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce (Ken's Steak House Marinade is the best available)
4 slices canned pineapple slices in juice- drained

Pre heat the broilder, Line a small baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly spray with olive oil.

Lightly mist both sides of the chops with olive oil and season with the garlic powder and pepper. Place the chops, not touching, on the prepared baking sheet and broild about 3" from the heat for 2mins. Turn the chops and brush or spread 2t of the teriyaki marinade evenly over the top of each. Top with pineapple slices. Broil for 3-5mins longer, or until the pineapple and glaze brown lightly and the pork is barely pink inside. Serve immediately

Calories- 199 and FYI- we cook our pork chops all the way thru, and that usually happens about 5mins after flipping them over...

Me: 27 DH:28 Our babies:
Our first miracle: Alexaundra ElizabethJo~ bfp 8/10/08, born 4/24/09
Our second miracle: Mollie Reighnea~ bfp 1/5/10, born 9/3/10
Our third miracle: Jacob Andrew~ bfp 11/15/11, born 7/17/12

Weight loss journey~ started 5/6/13

Diagnosed in 2004, told in 2005 we'd never have kids- HA! We showed them!
pjs3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #100
k-lady

Default Roasted Brussells sprouts--good as potato chips!

Halve brussells sprouts. Place them in a bowl and add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I like Lowry's seasoned salt) Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes. They are so easy and so good!
k-lady is offline   Reply With Quote