PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Moms

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #371
PunkinSpice
PCOStar!

Megs-We did the complete opposite. Our parents thought we were crazy. We had a free house-yup-FREE. No taxes, no insurance, no mort. It was recently updated for us, etc. It was a 3 bed 2 full bath-but only had two closets (one being extremely small) in the house and our bedroom was overloaded with dressers to put all the clothes in. It was insane! I couldn't iron DH dress shirts cuz the clothes where squished in the closets and they'd get wrinkled-so I'd have to iron every night. But we could go away anytime we wanted and I didn't have to work (but did). Anyways, we bought a HUGE house-5 bed 4 full bath-and now I still find that I don't have enough space. Anyways, we pay a ton for our house and we have hardly gone away since...except with the kids. In fact, we've only gone away the two of us once since we've had the house-for my 30th b-day last Oct. However, we are much happier with more room and it's less stressful for me with my OCDness. LOL Although I want all the projects completed yesterday so I can have my garage and laundry room back (we are storing furniture and exercise equipment for the basement in the garage and the laundry room has boxes of clothes and holiday stuff that will go in the garage and basement). There are plenty of days though that I wish we had stayed in our old house-small but simple.
Nicci: 15yrs old (foster-adopt)
K: 17yr old female (foster)

Yup-there's five of them now! LOL

PunkinSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #372
BAC38(Brittany)
PCOStar!

Dianne, that sucks about your chair. I hate waiting for something that I want really bad!

Leanne, yikes! I know human bites can get really nasty. I'm sure she'll be fine though, just keep an eye on it.

OMG about the HIV thing - that's so darn scary. I know that probably really freaks you out!!

Terra, that would suck to be the parent of a bad biter. Mason bites himself - especially when he gets angry. I think it's just teething and frustration, but he also just does it sometimes and it's weird.

Megs, hope it sells!

Punkin, I agree with the appeal of simplicity. I have a good sized house with a garage and extra storage and it would be much easier if I didn't have all that space I can fill with stuff

Anyhow, hope everyone had a good day!

LaPhotoSongerie.com
Portraits by Brittany A. Callender

Brittany (24)
Brian (29)
Mason Jäger (September 28, 2008)

BAC38(Brittany) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #373
Vero
PCOSuperStar!

Leeann -- how is Makenna doing??

We had a great time at my friend's chocolate fondue party last night except that I burnt my left index finger while melting the chocolate in the double boiler (before putting it in the fondue pot). It's quite a weird burn though... I don't have a blister, it's not even red! BUT I have lost sensation on the tip of my finger it feels like when you have a blister and the skin feels numb... except that there is NO blister at all... not sure if it has to do with the fact that my friends stove is one of those glass-induction ones... never burnt myself with one of those before

Also, this morning I was slicing my bread... and I cut the tip of my left thumb I guess it's not my week! There was a lot of blood because my bread knife is a Shun Onion, SUPER sharp. DH nearly passes out. It sucks because except for cutting and a few other things, I favor my left hand... it felt so weird to peel my mandarin and brush my teeth with my right hand this morning!

Hope you all have a great day!
TTC#2 since 04/10 ---> BFP! October 19, 2010
Sam 06/07/11 6 lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches

http://blogs.elcomercio.pe/rinconrepostero/
Vero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #374
BAC38(Brittany)
PCOStar!

Vero, EEk! It sounds like you had a rough time with your hands in the past 24 Glad you had fun though! I LOVE chocolate fondue!

Mason has a doctor appointment this morning. I can't wait to see how tall he is! He's growing like a weed We have to go out in nasty weather though. It's pouring here and VERY cold. We don't get snow much on the coast, just really cold rain.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

LaPhotoSongerie.com
Portraits by Brittany A. Callender

Brittany (24)
Brian (29)
Mason Jäger (September 28, 2008)

BAC38(Brittany) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #375
leeann38
PCOSuperStar!

Makenna is doing fine. I actually think the DCP overexaggerated, or she healed quickly because I can't see where she would have bled. Don't get me wrong, there's a red mark and I can definitely see a half moon shape, but I don't see scabs or anything. When I picked her up she said, "Isaac bit me and I cried and Miss Sandy yelled at him." LOL!! And how about 2 days ago when dh picked her up... he asked her who she played with and she named some teachers. And he was like, well what kids did you play with? And she said, "Mackie and Hailey are my friends... and I looooooove Steven." OMG!! Then when she walked in the door, dh told her to tell me about her friends and she said, "Mommy... Mackie, Steven and Hailey are my BEST friends." He was like, where the heck did she even get that from? She continues to crack us up.

Vero - I hope it heals quickly! When dh used to work at a deli, he sliced the tip of his left index finger off in the meat slicer when slicing bologna (no joke lol). He has a small flat spot there now and doesn't have feeling in it.

It truly is AMAZING how much you can get done in a day without your toddler!! I had a half day today, so dh dropped Makenna off at daycare for me. Then they ended up calling school off late (snow). So I was still in my pajamas and figured I'd just leave her there since she was already there. I have gotten so much cleaning done, it's amazing! lol

leeann38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #376
knutfugget
Tech Support
PCOSuperStar Platinum!

Lee Ann I'm so glad Makenna is doing well and healing! It's still awful she got bitten.

And I know! If the toddler is asleep (yeah, like that happens!) or not here, my productivity jumps 150%, LOL!

Britt Good luck at Mason's appt.

Vero Yikes, be careful, Lady! I take it you didn't need any stitches or anything?

Megs Good luck with the house! I know how stressful it is having one on the market. But you've worked hard and it should pay off!

Terra Right now, SO glad my kids aren't in daycare, lol. I can't imagine having to put up with them getting bitten all the time so long as it wasn't "past quota". Seriously?

The kids really like string cheese and bananas. At least it's a healthy snack.

Called the dr about the spiro - turns out the info is different than what they told me after Nate was born (2007, and different office). They say now that I only have to be off it a day instead of a month or several months. Good to know.

knutfugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #377
katydidnt1
PCOSuperStar Platinum!

Send a message via AIM to katydidnt1

Threads keep disappearing for me. Earlier I couldn't see Brooke's and now I can find the Cincinnati meetup one...any ideas? BTW, the Brooke one is back now that someone posted. And, I can see stuff that I know is older.

edit:

found the cincy thread. it reappeared.

Katie

Last edited by katydidnt1; 02-26-2010 at 02:10 PM.
katydidnt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #378
leeann38
PCOSuperStar!

That happened to me the other day!! I knew that carleigh posted after me on Brooke's thread, but when I clicked on it, I could only see my post!

leeann38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #379
katydidnt1
PCOSuperStar Platinum!

Send a message via AIM to katydidnt1

I have to admit something that I did that is kind of funny. Let me preface this by saying I know all the state abreviations (sp) as well as many airport codes from going to Travel and Tourism school.

Everytime I look at PJs ticker, I think she is from New England. Perhaps this is becuase I am such an avid football fan. It only just occured to me yesterday that, hmm, our forum probably doesn't allow you to put a "region" of the country instead of a state. I'm retarded!

Katie

katydidnt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #380
knutfugget
Tech Support
PCOSuperStar Platinum!

Katie Nothing's disappearing for me... but there've been a few times where there've been issues with viewing updated posts/threads - usually a database issue with our host server. Nothing any of us can do to fix it, other than emailing the host, and sometimes they are REAL a$$holes about it. The last time it happened, I emailed and received several seriously rude emails from them, so I emailed back proof of the problem and then they fixed it (without emailing me back). Fun times. If it were up to me, we'd switch hosts. No joke.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EDEN!!!

knutfugget is offline   Reply With Quote