PDA

View Full Version : Doctors in Denver to treat PCOS?

04-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Hi,
My reproductive endocrinologist put me on glucophage and the birth control to help with my PCOS. But then he basically told me he didn't need to see me anymore since I don't want to have more kids. So now I am trying to find a doctor that is knowledgeable about PCOS that can provide ongoing care and monitoring. The only one I have heard about -- Jacques Saari -- is not taking new patients. Does anyone else have any good references?

I appreciate the help!

Mary in Aurora
04-10-2005, 12:07 AM
I don't know what area of the state you are in. I am seeing a regular endo here in the Aurora area, Dr. Robert Rees-Jones, based near Aurora South Medical Center. I am not seeking to have kids presently, and I found most reproductive endos want to deal with you only if you are seeking to get pregnant, so I am being treated by an ordinary endo until such time as I want the kids. If you're not in this area, you may want to check on endos that aren't into reproductive in your community.

denver diva
04-12-2005, 01:32 AM
Dr. Dana Roper-Johnson is at the University Medical Center off of Colorado Boulevard. She treats quite a few PCOS patients including myself. Her office phone number is (720) 214-5332. She's absolutely wonderful and she is very flexible when it comes to your treatments. I had been to several doctors for many years and they never mentioned PCO. After just listing my concerns, she immediately picked up on it and then began testing me.

Good Luck

nansea1980
04-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Thank you so much for listing a Denver doctor who will be able to test me for PCOS. The only problem now is that I am afraid to take medications if I am diagnosed.

andrea627
05-02-2005, 04:59 PM
I have also been a patient for Dr Rees-Jones. I highly recommend him for helping with all PCOS symptoms. He has been the best doctor I have seen for PCOS because most either don't know much about it or just put you on birth control and send you on your way. It is worth the trip to Aurora to see Dr Rees-Jones.

deniselopez30
05-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Thank you so much for listing a Denver doctor who will be able to test me for PCOS. The only problem now is that I am afraid to take medications if I am diagnosed.

Nanseal1980 - there are far more serious complications that could happen if you don't get diagnosed. I have had PCOS for a long time - my mother has it too. If you are worried about pharmicutical drugs, there are also natural drugs. You will have to go to an Naturopathic physician for the natural approach. Most of all - get educated and see a doctor that specializes with endoctrinology. (sorry if I have mispelled some words)

csugrl
06-17-2005, 10:42 AM
I just wanted to thank whoever posted Dr. Rees-Jones' name on here! I was just diagnosed by my family doctor a month ago but she did not know where to go from there! I got on the COforum and saw the Dr's name and thought I would give him a try! I went two days ago and met with his nurse, Bryan, and was so relieved! What a wonderful office of people! Bryan answered all of my questions, put me at ease about taking metformin and was just overall wonderful! I get to meet the Dr. in August and I am so excited to be on my way to getting my PCOS under control!

Thank you so much for recommending him!
~Rhonda :D

ariel
08-31-2005, 01:26 AM
Hi,
My reproductive endocrinologist put me on glucophage and the birth control to help with my PCOS. But then he basically told me he didn't need to see me anymore since I don't want to have more kids. So now I am trying to find a doctor that is knowledgeable about PCOS that can provide ongoing care and monitoring. The only one I have heard about -- Jacques Saari -- is not taking new patients. Does anyone else have any good references?

I appreciate the help!
I used to live in colorado before and the doctor I used to see was
Asela russell
125 inverness dr ste 210
englewood , co 80112
303-755-0120
she basically diagnosed me with pcos

sadiespetunia
01-28-2006, 11:17 PM
I've been seeing Dr. Rees-Jones for over 2 years and love his office. His office diagnosed me after my primary just told me I had anxiety. Dr. Rees-Jones didn't quite until he had an answer for my symptoms! I highly recommend him.

sweetdwilley
04-09-2008, 10:57 PM
I also found out I had PCOS from Dr. Asela Russell. There are many different treatments, I am on Metformin and I try to control my diet and excercise and have seen results from doing so.

Also, I found out I was PCOS after my first baby and was put on Metformin through my first trimester for my second pregnancy. It worked great. I also checked with Dr. Osa, my endrocronologist in the Denver area and he said that that therapy had been very successful in keeping the mother and baby healthy and the pregnancy viable.

Andrea Lee, ND
08-08-2008, 01:19 PM
PCOS is a very complex condition and can affect any number of bodily systems. The underlying cause of PCOS in most cases seems to be Insulin Resistance. With Insulin Resistance, the body becomes insensitive to the insulin it produces, which leads to elevated circulating levels of insulin. This in turn leads to hormonal imbalances such as increased testosterone and other androgens (masculinizing hormones).

Elevated insulin and Insulin Resistance also contribute to the formation of cysts in the ovaries in part due to the hormonal imbalances and also because the ovaries are highly sensitive to the influence of insulin. In women with PCOS, the ovaries are over-sensitized to insulin's effects. Finally, the weight gain associated with PCOS is intricately related to Insulin Resistance. Losing weight helps to improve insulin sensitivity, and vice versa: becoming more sensitive to your insulin helps you to lose weight.

The PCOSA (US PCOS Association) has a state-by-state directory of doctors who are experienced in helping women with PCOS. Here is a link to their website: http://www.pcosupport.org/.

Additionally, http://www.pcos.insulitelabs.com is a very informative and useful site. They have a ton of information on PCOS, what causes it, how it affects your body and long term health, treatment research, etc. They also have a couple blogs and a team of doctors that you can write in to with specific questions.

Best Wishes,
Andrea Lee, ND

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this email is for the sole purpose of being informative. This information is not and should not be used or relied upon as medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician, nurse or other qualified health care provider before you undergo any treatment, take any medication, supplements or other nutritional support, or for answers to any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.