PDA

View Full Version : February Second Trimester (13 - 27 weeks)

alijac
01-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Welcome to those of you entering the second trimester and happy one month closer to your due date! Enjoy the time as you prepare for your new arrivals!

jessicaileen
01-31-2012, 04:05 PM
cuz - My prediction was 100% correct now!

AFM...Had our u/s today and it's another boy!!! We are so excited! Everything looked great, baby is VERY active. Baby is upright in the womb, head up by my belly button and legs right on cervix so no wonder I'm feeling those kicks! Placenta is right by my cervix so they are going to do another u/s in 4-6 weeks to make sure it moves away from cervix. Baby measured 7 ounces and 17w5d just pretty close to what I should be. I'm so relieved that all is well!

Here's some pictures from today...first is profile view of baby, second is the "money shot" and third is Camden looking at the u/s screen on the wall of his brother.

CUZUCO
01-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Congratulations on getting your prediction right Jess!!!! How exciting to be having a brother for Camden. It he excited?

We´re super excited that it´s going to be a girl. Already thinking of names...
Yesterday at the appointment my blood preassure was high and now I have to go in every day to monitor it. Today it was lower than yesterday, but still high. I'm a bit frustrated by this, because I´ve never had issues with BP before. Hopefully it will go down and I won´t have to take any meds. Any ideas about things that might help to keep it down?

jessicaileen
01-31-2012, 09:03 PM
cuz - Camden has NO clue a new baby is on the way! LOL If he was a year older he might understand but he's just too young to know right now. He has noticed my belly getting bigger though and points to it when I'm changing clothes. So happy your having a girl - I just had a feeling you would!!!

Baby Names - We're thinking of names too. We already have a middle name picked out for sure (it's in honor of a family member) but still not 100% sure on the first name we have picked out. Once we decide for sure, I'll announce it.

BAC38(Brittany)
01-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Congrats Jessica and Cuz for your awesome results!! Omg I'm so excited to find out what I have in there :D Just another couple of weeks!!

Afm, had a totally weak day and ate like 5 pieces of chocolate candy (from the candy shop-so good!), a philly cheese steak sandwich and a pulled pork asian sub!! Tomorrow is my initiation appt for my new doc I hope they don't weigh me lol - I always pig out the day before the "weigh-in" lol. Last time I had fried chicken :rolleyes:

Anyhow, hope you are all doing fantastic!

amandalisa
01-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Jessica - great u/s pics, so cute! congrats on a baby boy! How exciting!

Cuz - congrats again on a girl, so fun to be picking out names!

We throw names around, but are no where near choosing them. I think we're going to go into it with 2 boy and 2 girl names we really like and then decide when we see the baby. Or that's the plan anyway...

I haven't been feeling the baby kick as much at night as I usually do. Just a few here and there. I slipped down the stairs a few nights ago and freaked myself out. I was fine physically, just really shaken up emotionally. I hope that has nothing to do with it, I'm sure it doesn't. I always have to find something to worry about I guess...

leeann38
02-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I MADE IT TO THE SECOND TRIMESTER!!!! :-)

Hi, girls! :)

pjs3902
02-01-2012, 02:47 PM
cuz- drink lots and lots of water!! Also- ask to sit and wait 5mins before letting them take your blood pressure. Watermelon and other "melons" are also helpful since they can act like diuretics...

I was also reading one of my two most favoritest pregnancy books today. This one does a month by month with weekly "what's going on with baby" at the end of each month. Anyways- I was reading the wk 15-18 section and it talked about colostrum starting to be produced and how you can actually start leaking colostrum at this stage... ;)

amanda- there's always something to worry about when you're preggo. luckily our babies are very well protected in there and us falling is always much worse for us than baby. Very FEW babies are actually effected by a fall.

jess- I picked out a first name for your baby boy! :p but i don't want you to think I'm suggesting/giving advice so I'll keep it to myself! I highly doubt it's what you'll go with anyways!

NAMES: Ours are picked. One for a boy. One for a girl. We do have a "second-option" name for a girl if she's blonde... but otherwise we know what we will be naming Snickerdoodle!

So- my past few weeks have been completely crazy. For having a "Sat Only" job- I've been working a lot of extra days... i'm not complaining with another baby coming though... the extra hours means i'm paying for more than just diapers! But dh's grandpa passed away last week and my sister quit college and moved back to Ohio yesterday. I'm ready for some drama-free time!

MonicaPC
02-01-2012, 02:47 PM
heylo! I saw the high risk ob yesterday. She said the bedrest can be moderate, not exiled to bed! So take things slowly :) Very happy about that!
We saw Caylee too.... i was getting nervous because she was moving like a nut at night into early morning to now nothing. I flipped with paranoia and my bff gave me her doppler to check on her and she was fine!!! But seeing her yesterday was better for sure:)

Jess_ congrats on the boy!!!! Lucky duck!
Cuz_ congrats on baby girl!!
Bac_ soon enough you'll know too! AND im soooo very envious of your foods lately! Not that i dont want to eat but i just cant.... :/

jessicaileen
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Brittany – I eat so much better at work than I do at home. We went out to eat this weekend and I picked up Eat N Park smiley cookies and almost ate them all in a week’s time. Then when my mom and sister came to go to the u/s with me yesterday, they brought a dozen snickerdoodle cookies and a dozen cupcakes….ugh! I haven’t weighed myself yet this week. So far I’m up about 5 pounds, but I started my weight at 212 so I need to keep my weight gain down to a minimum.

Amanda – The baby will go through spurts when it’s really active then not so much. Also movement will slow as the baby gets less room to move. I wouldn’t be worried as long as you are still feeling movement.

Leeann – WELCOME!!!! So glad your back on the same tri as me!

Cuz – I hope they can get your BP under control. Are they thinking of putting you on BP meds? A high BP with pregnancy is something you don’t want to mess with. Sorry I have no solutions on how to lower it naturally.

Pjs – You HAVE to tell me the name your thinking of now! LOL I don’t want to go with any C or K names since we already have Camden and our dogs names are Chloe and Cooper, LOL. I hope your week slows down and you get some free time to yourself to relax.

Monica – So with your girl u/s pic, I have no idea what I’m looking for! LOL I’m too used to seeing a little thing sticking out.

leeann38
02-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Jessica - the 3 lines show the "girl" parts. LOL It's hard to see with the flash.

I'm hoping I have a little thing sticking out, too, but know I'll be getting the 3 lines. hehehe

I only have 24 weeks plus maybe a few days depending on amnio left to be pregnant! That's crazy thinking since I'm only 13 weeks preggo. So weird knowing I'm having this baby at 37 weeks!

MonicaPC
02-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Leann, what did I miss that your having her(him) at 37?

MonicaPC
02-01-2012, 04:51 PM
How much weight has everyone gained so far?
I've gained 6.4 lbs so far.... I'm always hungry but I can't eat. It's like beyond even the gastric bypass. I feel I get fuller even faster! Idk what's the deal.....

leeann38
02-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Monica... When I had my second c-section they found I had a large uterine window. The scar had separated from my first section and there was just a.thin layer holding Kelsey in. They could see her through it. If I had trialed labor i most likely would have ruptured. Because I have a history of that, I need to have an amnio at 37 weeks and deliver the next day if lungs are ready. They can't risk me going into labor because the response time to save me and baby is like 10-30 minutes after rupture. So better safe than sorry. Not common I don't think but I thank God that I opted against a vbac with kels!! Lol

pjs3902
02-01-2012, 05:42 PM
leeann- welcome to the 2nd tri! :)

CUZUCO
02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Mónica-I've gained 9 lbs so far. I'm glad you can do moderate things. Total bed rest isthe pits! In my case the pain, which when you describes yours sounded the same, the Dr. Said it was round ligament pain and not to worry.

Pjs-thanks for the info. I'll drink lots of water and have
melons. The day my bp was high I hadn't had much liquid, so maybe that why.

Amanda-I'm sure all is fine.

Today my bp was normal, so I'll keep up he liquide and hope it stays that way.

leeann38
02-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Yay for normal BP!!!

So I know this is totally dumb, but I'm SO excited. My new breast pump came today. I had a really old Ameda Purely Yours with Kelsey that I bought off one of the moms on here that either she bought from someone else or had for a few years, can't remember. Anyway, I gave it to someone after I was done pumping with Kelsey because I *thought* we were done having kids.
Anyway, I've been LUSTING after the new model, the Purely Yours Ultra. It's a $300 pump. The cheapest I've seen it go on sale since I've been watching it since getting preggo was like $270s. Well, I happened to check Target earlier in the week and they had it on sale for $254, PLUS I found a 10% off coupon code. I got the pump for $243 and that included $14 tax and the free shipping!! I was super excited!!! I figure even if BF doesn't work out (which it's gonna, mark my words), I can pump for 2.5-3 months and break even figuring in the price of formula. I have like a gazillion women for support this time that I work with, so this time is going to be different.

So that's my lame excitement for the day. A new breast pump. hahaha!!!!!

Now the only big ticket item I need for baby is the travel system and that's waiting until we know for sure it's a girl!

pjs3902
02-01-2012, 07:20 PM
cuz- glad it was normal for you today!

leeann- LOL!!! I'm dreading going breastpump shopping... i just don't know what i want... i'll probably buy from babies-r-us though... (they have a 15m return policy you can get for $15-20 so that if anything happens to your pump you can get a free replacement.) although it does sound like you got a great deal!

esarah
02-01-2012, 10:37 PM
LeeAnn- That's an awesome deal on an awesome, close system pump! I have one too and I got a really good deal on mine as well. I loved it and since it is close system I could sell or give it to someone else since I am done with it. I wouldn't buy anything but a closed system pump (so none of the Medela ones that aren't hospital grade because they are all open) because they strong warned against them in the NICU with the risk of mold an mildew so I was really happy to get the Ameda for a good deal. I get your excitement! :)

BAC38(Brittany)
02-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Busy on here! Lol

LeeAnn, glad you are finally here!! And it's totally ok to get excited about a pump ;)

Monica, I've gained 9 pounds also. Hoping to keep it there until 20 weeks (we'll see how that goes :p) -so far I've been here for 2.5weeks so I just have to keep up the good work!!
Awesome pics, too!

Cuz I'm so glad your bp was good! :)

I can't see any father back on my phone-sorry if I missed anyone!

Afm, I had my first (initiation) apt with my new OB and I love them! We totally hit it off and I felt really comfortable and welcomed :) I'm so excited to be there :)

Hope you all had a lovely day :)

amandalisa
02-02-2012, 02:53 AM
LeeAnn - welcome to 2nd tri :)

Cuz - glad that your bp is down!

Monica - I've gained 16 lbs so far, yikes! Only gained a few in the first tri and since stopping met I feel like I've really packed them on. Oh well, my dr isn't worried about it at all...

Baby has been moving a lot today! What a relief! Makes me so happy to feel the little kicks :)

Alicia Rivera
02-02-2012, 08:22 AM
YAY, I got this posted before the forums went down again!!!!

Amanda - YAY for activity, LOL.

BAC - I'm glad you like your new OB!

Monica - I'm down over 20 by now, and still trending loss rather than gain...

AFM - Sorry if I missed anyone. Doctors appointment yesterday went great!!! Doctor said I was having "the perfect weight loss pregnancy." I'm just glad she isn't yelling at me to gain weight. :) Baby is growing perfect and is right on course! The verdict is also in, we are also having a GIRL!!!

leeann38
02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
esarah - I should've just bought yours! haha!

leeann38
02-02-2012, 09:00 AM
How do you manage to lose so much weight while pg?? LOL!

pjs3902
02-02-2012, 09:02 AM
brit- good for you!

amanda- don't feel bad! i've gained too! I spent a wk in OH visiting my parents and YIKES! It was before my 1st appt so it doesn't *really* count on the medical standpoint! LOL!!

Alicia- congrats on a girl! I love having lil' girls!

leeann38
02-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Yes, weight gain before your first appt doesn't exist. hehehe

pjs3902
02-02-2012, 11:23 AM
And thank goodness for that!!! :p

I agree- I don't think there's a chance that I could lose 20lbs while preggo! matter of fact- i don't think there's a chance i'll lose 1 by next Friday!

leeann38
02-02-2012, 12:51 PM
PJS - who cares! You at least KNOW you can do it after baby is born!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Alicia, yay for a daughter!! So exciting :)

Crazy-I lost a pound yesterday! How happy that makes me is really kind of sad lol.

amandalisa
02-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Alicia - congrats on a girl :) Cute u/s pics too!

pjs - I like your thinking on weight gain before the first appt ;)

My weekly cervix check went well today and now I don't have to go in for a month! I'm so happy that everything is going well that he decided I can wait 4 weeks for my next appt. It just feels really weird since I've been going in every single week. Also, I asked him about my induction date (a little early, I know), but it sounds like it'll be right around 39 weeks vs earlier like I originally thought. So that's good, baby will get to bake longer :)

leeann38
02-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Alicia how did I miss that?? Lol congrats!!! I only know girls!!!

MonicaPC
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Alicia-congrats on the girl! How are you losing weight?! I'd like to do that! I'm paranoid about gaining after having lost so much.....I envision myself after Caylee's born with my moby wrap and Caylee on the elliptical, running/walking/skiing/whatevering lol, for dear life!
Seems girls are dominating, if I'm correct?! Wow!

I saw my regular ob, I'll be delivering at 38 weeks when the cerclage is removed so long as her lungs are good.
We put her changing table together-it looks so cute and crisp and clean! Love it!
I've been getting some contractions on and off the pass few days. High risk dr says its normal to have up to 4in an hour. Just to stop whatever you were doing when they started and relax, pee and drink water..... Well now I'm just sitting her on my iPad watching spongebob with Julianna and they're coming. More than 4 in an hour too, but quick come and go. Weird. With Julianna I started preterm at 12weeks then like every 2/3 weeks there after. That was insane.

CUZUCO
02-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Alicia-Congrats on having a girl!!!!!! Lucky you with he weight loss,
although I don't envy how sick you were wih ms.

Mónica-I hope you can get it under control-it sounds súper scary.

Bp was normal again today, so I feel htter about it. I did work too much and am totally exhausted, back hurts, stomach hurts, round ligamt pain, ect. I know i over did it, but didn't hav a choice. I'll be lying down the rest of the afternoon/evening.

pjs3902
02-03-2012, 12:53 PM
amanda- 4wks will put you into the 3rd tri!! glad dr feels things are going well enough to get to wait that long!

monica- hope you don't start ptl! if so- it's probably a good thing it's not starting as early as it did with DD#1! although it's still very scary and very unpredictable. make sure you play it as safe as you can!

cuz- glad your bp was normal! Sorry you over-did it. those days are tough and sometimes very impossible to avoid. hope you're feeling much better today!

afm- appt in one week! i'm so excited! I get to go to work for 4hrs this afternoon, and then tonight/tomorrow we're suppose to get 6-10" of snow (depending on which channel you watch! :p ) either way. i'm suppose to work in the am... but other than that I have NO WHERE to go until my appt Fri- and by then everything should be drivable!

jessicaileen
02-03-2012, 01:41 PM
It seems like I'm the only one on the 2nd tri having a boy...or at least for all the girls that already know the sex (and I'm counting pjs and leeann on that because statistics show they are probably having girls too, lol)

I'm not feeling well at all, actually leaving work here in just a few minutes to go home and rest and sleep. I have finally gotten over the nasty cold I have and now I have a stomach bug and have been so nausetaed.

monica - That is nice to know when you'll deliver so it's not up in the air. Are you doing vaginal or c/s?

cuz - Glad your bp is being kept under control...maybe you were just nervous at your appt that day when it was really high?

pjs - YAY for appt in a week! Lucky you with the snow! I love snow, it's beautiful but haven't had much. In fact, this week the high was in the 50-60s...crazy weather. Global warming?

saddiecybel
02-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Jess - you're not the only one having a boy. I've just been so busy with going back to work after being off for an entire month because of a hernia that I just haven't had the chance to post.

Btw, has anyone else had a big jump in weight gain in less than a week. I weighed myself last week and then again yesterday and I was up 6 pounds yesterday afternoon. I weighed myself again today and it's gone down by 2 pounds. My scale is alright, nothing's changed and DH tried it and it gives him his exact weight so I don't know....

pjs3902
02-03-2012, 06:42 PM
It seems like I'm the only one on the 2nd tri having a boy...or at least for all the girls that already know the sex (and I'm counting pjs and leeann on that because statistics show they are probably having girls too, lol)

LOL! We'll probably end up having boys right along with you!

We were 60's pushing 70's earlier this week... mid 40's today... tomorrow- yuck! I'm not a fan of so much at once, a little here and there is fine!

CUZUCO
02-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Pjs-staying home sounds like just the right thing to do!

Jess-I hope you feel better soon. That sounds miserable. My son got a stomach virus today (probly the same one ypu have! LOL!). I'm really praying I don't get it.

Saddie-I just gave up weighing my self! It's likely a lot of it is water weight. Drink lots of fluids and fruit.

Things aré better today-less work is always good! I am still having quite a bit of round ligament in my pélvica area, which is not fun. Other than that I can't complain!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Kind of freaking out a little ladies. I took some of this herbal resistance liquid yesterday because I though I was getting a cold. We always take this stuff and it says good for families on the bottle so I didn't think much of it. I only took a little (like a full dose over a day and a half, which isn't much). I saw today though that it had goldenseal in it, which you aren't supposed to take while pregnant. There is a chemical component on it that can cause brain damage and also one that can stimulate uterine contractions that can sometimes result in preterm labor. I really dont think I took enough to hurt but it still worries me that my baby could be damaged some how :( It says that the chemical affects the bilirubin and can cause brain damage as a result of extensive jaundice (but I'm sure you would have to take quite a bit to get to this point). I've read conflicting info on how dangerous it is, but I'm anxious to talk to an herbalist tomorrow. I hope I can be reassured that everything will likely be fine, just dont take it again. But I just needed to talk to you all about it. I mean, people take all sorts of crazy stuff that doesn't hurt their baby, so I shouldn't worry too much but it's in my nature :rolleyes: Thanks for listening.

amandalisa
02-04-2012, 03:17 AM
Brittany - it sounds like you took a really small dose, so try not to worry yourself. Do you feel any different? If it was to cause uterine contractions, I assume you would have already started feeling something, so I'm sure you're fine. Probably best to reassure yourself like you said with an herbalist.

BAC38(Brittany)
02-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks Amanda, I didn't feel any contractions and baby was moving last night just fine (I've been waiting around this morning to feel something but I just woke up so nothing too wiggly yet). I sure had some scary paranoid dreams about it last night though. I'm going to talk to an herbalist soon to get their opinion.

amandalisa
02-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Those are both good signs, no contractions and baby moving! I think you're fine!
But I understand worrying about it, I would be doing the same thing...

This is my first Saturday in forever that I haven't had to work. It's great, I love it! I really could get used to being off of the weekends :)

BAC38(Brittany)
02-04-2012, 02:14 PM
I talked to the herbalist and she said if I wasn't feeling any contractions I am fine. Also, the risk of brain damage comes if you are using it to bring on labor and taking a lot for an extended period of time. So I feel much better now and I've felt baby move this morning so that reassured me too :)

I'm a photographer and I work at home mostly so I get all my saturdays off :) Glad you are enjoying yours!

leeann38
02-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Hope everyone's Saturday is going well! Hubby and I took the girls to swim class this morning then out to lunch. Stopped at Target to get a dish with one of those hot bags because I'm making a lasagna to take to a friend that just had her second baby 3 weeks ago. While we were there, we saw there was an awesome sale on the travel system we want (Chicco Cortina). Came home and bought it online with a 10% off code, so we got it for roughly $240 from $300. So excited to have gotten a great deal on my breastpump and travel system. Thanks, Target baby sale! hahaha Now we're set for when baby comes other than some clothes once we know what it is for sure. Already have the newborn cloth diapers ready to go. LOL! So much more efficient the 3rd time around. LOL!!!

pjs3902
02-04-2012, 08:40 PM
leeann- all your super early planning is making me feel like i'm slacking!!! LOL!!
glad you're able to find stuff you're going to need at such great deals! :)

amanda- enjoy your long weekend!

cuz- how are you feeling today?

not much going on here! "fun" drives too/from work today in our newly fallen snow. glad i don't have to go back out there anytime soon! for those of you who know snow- today was one of those "turn on the 4-wheel drive and do NOT stop or look back" kinda days!

leeann38
02-05-2012, 08:50 AM
pjs - don't feel like a slacker! Don't forget, I work full time so I have to strike while the iron is hot!! I'm wondering if I won't end up on bedrest after work is done, too, but I'm hoping NOT.

I think I'm going to check out the hospital tours/classes soon. Dh wants to take Makenna on the sibling tour. I was thinking around 30 weeks, but he wants to do it sooner than that. I'm not sure why, LOL, but it's not like it would hurt. I'm also going to take another breastfeeding class.

CUZUCO
02-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Amanda-lucky you get a day offf!

Brittany-I'm glad your fine. Scary.

Pjs-I'm joining you in the slacker club. All I have for the baby is 1 teddy bear that wad given to me! Frankley I've been too scared buy anything. I
know that I'm in a "safer" zone, but I still don't feel secure with the pregnancy. It sounds crazy, but I've lost so many (even though they were earlier mc's) that it makes me too cautious and scared to get very excited yet. I want to get excited, but I'm scared to at the same time. It's almost like I don't want to jinx this.

When I'm up and about for a couple hrs my abdomen hurts quite a
bit. It also hurts in the pelvic area. How normal is it? My Dr. said round ligament pain, bt I get it quite a bit. It really freaks me out.

jessicaileen
02-05-2012, 09:18 AM
leeann - I'm debating on taking a BFing class too. I didn't get to take on the first time around because I went on bed rest the week of the class. I talked to another mom that went to it and she said it was basically useless. I saw the baby sale at Target last week while I was there and they have the Graco My Ride 65 for $110 and I was so tempted to buy it but my mom talked my out of it. She said I should wait until I need it but I know it won't be on sale once I need it. Also, I have a Britax now for Camden and do like it but hate that it doesn't have cup holders like the My Ride does....oh decisions, decisions!

pjs - I hope your roads start to get cleared soon. I've driven in those kind of weather days and it is scary! Hope you don't have to go anywhere anytime soon!

Brittany - Glad you are reassured that everything is okay. That's why I have a hard time taking any meds while pregnant, you just never know. You took so little of it though that I knew it probably wouldn't affect the baby.

amanda - What is your job that you work almost every weekend? Just curious.

I was soooo sick yesterday. I was in bed literally all day long with a bucket beside me. I never threw up, it was all diarrhea but major nausea. It's was a stomach bug that has been going around. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I was able to eat a little bit this morning but stomach is still not 100% yet. At least I'm not nauseated anymore. Thank God my mom is coming this afternoon to take care of Camden so I can rest a little more today since DH is working.

angel99mm
02-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA. I hope all is well with everyone! I've been trying to catch up literally 5 different times the last week and a half, but the boards have been down each time. Sorry for anyone I miss!

monica--I'm totally with you about the fear of a vaginal birth! I'm glad we're not the only ones, either. It was good to hear all of the different experiences and fears. But I'm sure when it comes time we'll just be able to do it. Sorry to hear about the family drama, too. Hope things smooth out soon!

saddie--so sorry to hear about your back. Hope it's doing much better. Congrats on having a boy!

amandalisa--I'm glad your registering went well. We registered for the Chicco travel system, too. When we were in Motherhood the other day, DH struck up a conversation with a woman with the set in the store and she said she loved it. About the seat/swing, we registered for a Gracco set that is both! It's a swing, but the seat detaches and becomes an infant bouncer. Thought you might be interested. I feel like we have had similar pregnancies--we both craved salt in 1st trimester, and I'm back to craving sweets lately. I gained little to no weight in the first 14 weeks or so. But at my last appointment I was up 14 lbs! It's overwhelming, but I guess we have to listen to our drs that we're on track.

CUZ--congrats on team pink!! Glad the bp came back into range--maybe you're right that you just overdid it. Try to take it easy, you deserve it!

jessica--congrats on a boy, good job with the predictions!

leeann--welcome to the 2nd tri!

Brittany--glad you are liking the new OB. Things are sooo much easier when you are comfortable with your doc. Glad that the herbalist was reassuring with the meds, too. Better safe than sorry!

Alicia--congrats on team pink! Sounds like your dr is happy with your progress--so glad things are going well for you.

AFM--a lot has been going on. Last I shared was my 1/16 appt with the cramping/contractions. I was sent to the hospital 1/20 for an u/s to check things out. It was the most painful one ever!! I think it was because I was so nervous about being at the hopsital and I went alone. I've had about 8 internal u/s before, but this time the woman asked ME to insert the wand. I was like, HUH?? I almost couldn't get through the test--I'm not sure why it was so bad but it burned like crazy. They found nothing wrong, so I was happy and disappointed at the same time. I wanted an explanation for my cramping!

Two days later I got a call from my OB's office. My lab work came back and I had an infection. I've never had a UTI before. The woman was insistent I start antibiotics ASAP, because she said "a UTI can cause contractions". I was like, "ohhhh, so that's probably what's been causing my cramping!" So I went on antibiotics for 7 days and although I still have some cramping it's not nearly as bad as before. Do you think a UTI could make an internal u/s painful??

In other news, it's been an emotional few weeks. DH's cousin announced she is pregnant with her second. This was a shock to the whole family since she already has a 5 year old and lives with her parents since she can't support herself. This is a different father than her first child, and they have had a turbulent relationship where the cops have been involved more than once. I'm really concerned for her, and am having mixed emotions about my own pregnancy after this news. *Sigh* I'm not sure if more family drama actually appears during pregnancy, or if we are just more sensitive to it. Just trying to get through one day at a time and sort through the rollercoaster of emotions.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. For anyone that will be watching the Super Bowl (for the game OR the commercials) enjoy the snacks! :)

pjs3902
02-05-2012, 12:53 PM
leeann - I'm debating on taking a BFing class too. I didn't get to take on the first time around because I went on bed rest the week of the class. I talked to another mom that went to it and she said it was basically useless.

I will be the first to admit- i don't know how much I got out of my bf'ing class--- UNTIL I was home and things that were said made SENSE! It was also great knowing the LC when i did need to get ahold of her!

amandalisa
02-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Brittany - glad the herbalist was able to tell you everything is fine! Has to be a big relief!

Leeann - wow, you're on top of things! It's great to find good deals, love it. All my bedding stuff for baby just got clearanced/discontinued so I bought most of it this weekend because it was 1/2 off plus I had additional bru coupons.

PJs - hope the driving conditions have gotten better. I'm originally from ND so I grew up in the snow and crappy driving weather. I don't miss it at all...

Jessica - hope you feel better today! Sounds horrible to be that nauseated, yuck! I'm a massage therapist in Vegas so I mainly work Sat-Sun and then some Mon-Tues. I'm fortunate that I love my job and only work part time (20ish hours) but the downfall is that I have to work almost all weekends and most holidays...

Angel - wow, you have had a lot going on. That is so weird that they had you insert the wand yourself! I've never heard of anything like that before. I've had probably 50 vaginal u/s and they've never hurt before so it probably had something to do with your uti. I'm glad they got you on antibiotics and you feel better. Sorry about the family drama, that's tough and not what you need right now. Just focus on you, DH and baby and everything will be fine. Yes, crazy how similar our pregnancies have been, and we'll probably deliver close to the same date because I'll get induced probably a week early!

Cuz - I understand your hesitation to buy anything yet. It kind of feels too good to be true to make it this far when you've had previous losses. My first purchase was when we ordered our crib/dresser at 21 weeks. We still haven't picked it up yet, but ordered it. Now I feel much more confident and I'm excited to buy things! Hope you feel that reassurance soon!

Since everyone is talking about classes. Do you guys think it's better to do the hospital birthing classes when I'm around 28-29 weeks or 32-33 weeks? The lady I talked to at the hospital said the bfing class is better the closer to delivery you are because it'll be fresh in you mind then. But also you don't want to be huge and uncomfortable sitting through classes I guess. I'm leaning towards 32-33 weeks, but not positive yet. And I'm going to take the bfing class also because I have no clue being a 1st time mom :)

leeann38
02-05-2012, 04:54 PM
pjs - I know what you're saying, but that's why I think it would help refresh my memory since I've actually done it and I can ask specific questions where I've had problems and stuff.

pjs3902
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM
pjs - I know what you're saying, but that's why I think it would help refresh my memory since I've actually done it and I can ask specific questions where I've had problems and stuff.

let me just say- i strongly recommend ladies take a bf'ing-- my only thing is: if it's your first baby- don't expect it all/any to make sense until your baby is here! i'm confident with bf'ing after my first two but am still thinking about going back to the class just to chat it up with the LC and remind eachother who we are!

as far as when to take classes: DD#1 was due in April and we did our First Aid/CPR class in Feb and all of our other classes in March. I would say that unless you are at risk for going early- wait until closer to time. If you end up with a NICU baby there will be (should be) several classes/a lot of information you receive there geared towards what you NEED as a preemie parent vs a full-term parent.

jessicaileen
02-06-2012, 11:16 AM
amanda - I think the 32-33 weeks would be a great time to take the class. I had registered for mine when I was 32 weeks but then went into PTL so had to cancel it. You won't be too uncomfortable at that point yet. The last month is the most miserable.

BFing class - It's not that a per-say want a BFing class, I just need a LC to look at my boobies to see if I would be able to BF. The LC I saw in the hospital when DS was born said my mammory glands were really small and probably the reason why when I was BFing and pumping, I wasn't getting much (literally all day of pumping for 1cc). I will ask my midwife next week what she recommends that I do or maybe she can examine me to see what she thinks. If my body isn't built for it (Thank you PCOS) then I won't even try to put myself through it again and go through all the disappointment when it doesn't work.

angel - I'm not suprised that your internal u/s burned...if you have a UTI, anything going in there can burn. And lots of places have you put the internal u/s probe in yourself - my RE's office makes you do it yourself too.

AFM...Feeling much better today - still not 100% but not nausted but tummy is still a little iffy. I was able to eat a little bit for breakfast so I know baby is happy. I didn't eat anything all weekend. Now DH has it so he's off sick today.

CUZUCO
02-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Question: how common is abdominal pain at this stage? If I am up on my feet for a couple hrs my abdomen hurts quite a bit, as well as my lower back. It also hurts if I Walk very much. I don't want to worry If I don't need to, but if it isn't normal I definitley will worry.

pjs3902
02-06-2012, 06:36 PM
cuz- it really depends on what type of abdominal pain you are having. Round ligmanet pain is very common and can be very frequent-- especially if you're doing a lot of bending/twisting. if it's a full lower abdominal pain or full lower abdominal pain with tightening- then i would worry. if it's just one or two spots in your abdomen that keep acting up- i wouldn't worry.

jessicaileen
02-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Cuz - I senond what pjs said. I had lots of round ligament pain when pregnant with DS but hardly any now. If it comes on quick shooting pain then goes away, I wouldn't worry. If it stays for awhile then call your OB.

AFM....tonight DH and I discussed names and I think we have the official name picked out but DH wants a few days to think about it. Will let you ladies know what it is when we decide on it.

pjs3902
02-07-2012, 08:55 AM
AFM....tonight DH and I discussed names and I think we have the official name picked out but DH wants a few days to think about it. Will let you ladies know what it is when we decide on it.

How exciting!!! Can't wait to hear DS#2's name!

afm- had one of those awful preggo dreams that keeps you from going back to sleep for an hr or so in fear the dream comes back and bc you have to convince yourself that the dream and reality are NOT the same...
hurry up Fri... i really want to hear baby's hb after last night!

saddiecybel
02-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Cuz - like pjs and jess said, I wouldn't worry too much about the abdominal pain especially if you've been standing for a while. Baby's weight does become heavy and your ligaments are stretching to accomodate. I actually had round ligament pain with DS#1 and I can feel it starting with DS#2.

I am 6 months today, exactly 24 weeks. It's weird because everyone told me it flies by much faster with a second one but I don't know... maybe because I was lying on the couch for a month and because I don't really want to be at work... but it soooo does not seem to be going faster. May actually seems really far away!

We also started fixing up Maxime's bedroom. Washed and put away all the baby clothes. It's so tiny compared to Roger's toddler clothes :) We are waiting for my brother to hand over their son's crib but they are not completely ready yet, which of course is understandable since my nephew is actually six months younger than DS but I am so not good at having the room half done. Isn't being a perfectionist awesome!

leeann38
02-07-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm not even sure when my next appointment is. LOL I can't remember. The card is shoved in my wallet somewhere. I think it's like February 23 or 24 or somewhere around there. I do know that my ultrasound is 44 days away. LOL!! In week 20! UGH! I was going to call to make an appointment at 17 weeks at one of the 3D places but I decided to wait. I found out with my other 2 at 20 weeks and it was fine. LOL!

I really could care less what it is and I'm about 90% sure it's a girl, but I just have bins and bins and bins of clothes that I'd like to ship off if it is a boy. LOL!

pjs3902
02-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Leeann- LOL @ the clothes! I told dh just this weekend that if this one is a boy and ends up being our last- I'm going to have a really hard time getting rid of the girls clothes!! We literally have at least 1 tote for each size up thru 3T...

saddie- time is a funny thing. there were wks of Jan that DRUG so badly-- but here we are in Feb already!!! how'd that happen! Congrats on 24wks!

interesting note: When Aundra was Mollie's current age (17m) Mollie was already 3wks old! I know I would be driving myself crazy if Snickerdoodle was here and 3wks old already!
Moral of the story: I love having my first two so close- but am glad #2 and #3 aren't AS close-- but overall still close!!

edit- Leeann's countdown made me count til my u/s-- 31days! Appt this Friday- us 4wks from this friday! :)

BAC38(Brittany)
02-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I've got an appt tomorrow and I can finally schedule my us :D Can't WAIT to find out what is in there!!

leeann38
02-07-2012, 02:02 PM
1 tote for each size? LOL I wish I had that! I just pulled out the 3T summer stuff for Kelsey because that's probably where she'll be this summer since Childrens Place jumps from 24m to 3T... THREE large bins of summer and 1 bin of a mix of fall/summer. LOL SPOILED.

jessicaileen
02-07-2012, 04:13 PM
pjs - I had one of those dreams last night too and then couldn't fall asleep so I got on the iPad for a while and played.

leeann - I have so many clothes too. I think we probably have 2 totes for each size. Once this baby starts outgrowing them, they are all going to a consignment sale! I'll keep a few of my favorites though of the small outfits.

Brittany - Do you think they'll let you do it earlier than week 20? I think your having a girl.

saddie - I can't wait to start getting the newborn clothes out and comparing how small they are to DS' clothes.

cuz - How are you feeling today?

Not much going on here...had to run to the dealership today to get oil change/tire rotation and DS actually did pretty well while we waited - luckily they have a big screen tv in the lounge and fresh cookies. Then I ran to Target to look at the baby stuff but didn't buy anything, came home, ate lunch and DS and I both took a nap! AHHHH! Feel so good now!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Jessica, I have no idea if they will let me get one early or not - I hope so! I'm DYING to know!! The chinese thing says a boy, but I'm still holding out hope! ;)

angel99mm
02-07-2012, 11:24 PM
amandalisa--you're right, my due date is probably your induction date. Maybe 2 babies on the same day?? We'll have to see! I'm going through the same questions now with classes. . . going to call the hospital to get some tips, too. Let us know when you decide to take them!

jessica--glad you're feeling better, but UGH to DH getting it. I hope that he feels better soon, but doesn't pass it back!! Thanks for the info on the u/s. Guess I've just been lucky all my docs have been "hands on" lol. Good to know for future, though, so I can be prepared! Also, can't wait to hear your name choice!

Brittany--let us know when you find out your u/s date! My chinese chart said boy, too, so there is still hope if you're wishing for a girl! I just FELT it was a girl from the beginning. Are you feeling any mother's intuition that it's one or the other??

AFM dealing with typical pregnancy symptoms. The swollen feet/ankles, sore back, difficulty sleeping. Yuck! I can't imagine how much more growing I have to do--I already feel huge :(

Since there are a lot of 2nd (and 3rd) timers, maybe you guys can help. Last night for the first time I didn't just have general soreness in my back, but I had a sudden SHARP and stabbing pain in the right side of my lower back. It only lasted a second or two each time, and it happened about 5 times. It would take my breath away! Is it possible LO was hitting a nerve? Or should I be worried it's something more serious? I go back to the OB next week, so will definitely mention it then.

Hope everyone's week is going well! Let's cross our fingers the boards stay up this week.

jessicaileen
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
angel - I wouldn't worry about the back pain. Your LO might be hitting/kicking your sciatic nerve. I've heard of women that get that pain often in pregnancy. I wouldn't worry until it comes often and consistently.

pjs3902
02-08-2012, 12:47 PM
angel- ohmygoodness... when i was preggo with Mollie-- I have no idea what she was doing but she killed something in my lower back. i could NOT sit up without a lot of help, i could barely walk. about 2 days later she moved and it was soo wonderful to be normal again. could def be baby hitting/laying against something. a lot of preggo women have back problems...

Leeann- i think we're both screwed in the clothing dept if we have boys! LOL I'm not sure where I could store more totes of clothes!!!

jess- very impressive that you went baby shopping but didn't buy! i get to go to my appt solo Fri am, but my shopping time is being cut short since I have to work in the PM... otherwise I'd probably do a bit of baby shopping myself. (although I can't think of anything I need!)

leeann38
02-08-2012, 01:35 PM
I bet it was a nerve thing, too. Didn't happen with me, but a friend I work with had to actually quit work early because the baby was sitting on her nerve and she couldn't walk. Literally. Then she said one day the baby just moved and she could walk again. Strangest thing ever! LOL! I think she even went to the chiro to try to move baby with no luck!!

14 weeks today! Only 23 more to go!!! LOL!

CUZUCO
02-08-2012, 01:56 PM
pjs-thanks for the info. Thankfully the pain went away when I rested, so I´m figuring it was round ligament pain.

Brittany-I can´t wait to know what you´re having!!!

angel-I hope you feel better. It sounds like siatic nerve pain-although I haven´t had it, I was reading about it. Sounds painfull.

leann-every day is one day less! At least that´s the way I look at it!

I´m envious of everyone that has a ton of clothes and nursery things already. We have absolutely nothing! Well not true-we have one small teddy bear someone gave us, and that's it! I would love to start to pick out some things, but have no idea where to start! At this point it seems soo overwhelming.

amandalisa
02-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Angel - hope your back feels better soon!

Cuz - I was completely overwhelmed at first too. I started by picking out the crib/dresser/changing table and once we got that ordered, I felt better. Now I've been just picking up little things here and there so I feel like it'll slowly come together.

Leann - yay for 14 weeks! The second tri has flown by for me so far, hope it does the same for you :)

Brittany - did you get your u/s scheduled?

So I think DH is going to pick up our crib, dresser, changing table, glider and another recliner for our living room today, if not tomorrow. I'm so excited! Just hope it gets done soon so I can actually start arranging things. I'm so impatient, I want it done now! Lol...

leeann38
02-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Amanda - don't forget, many of us are second and third timers and aren't having a baby shower or anything. :) I have to get what I need on my own for this baby, so finding deals while I can is important! LOL!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Angel, thanks for the speck of hope!! :p lol - This pregnancy has been way different from my son's so initially I thought it must be a girl. But now that the symptoms have eased up I'm doubting :rolleyes: For example, totally puking all the time with this one for the first 2.5 months, but with my son it was like heaven. Also, with my son I craved salty chinese food, meat and eggs. With this one it's fruit ( apples and oranges especially) and juice and cheeseburgers lol. I've also gained WAY less weight with this one. I'm ACTUALLY where the weight gain charts say I should be! It's awesome :)

As far as the pain in your back, I'd say the little wiggler is pushing on something :) Should ease up soon - maybe try some yoga! Sometimes that helps them to move into a different position.

LeeAnn, YAY! :)

Cuz, me either! I'm just about to go nuts! lol
Also, since this is your first, I wouldn't worry about the things you don't have yet - especially since you don't know the sex. You'll get a lot of things in your shower :) Maybe start to register somewhere? For the things that you will need regardless of the sex I mean.

Amanda, my appt is in an hour and a half, but I'm excited! Also, yay for arranging furniture! So fun :)

AFM, proud of myself for working a little today :) It seems like I have to FORCE myself! But once I got into it I found it was much easier. Liked the stuff I did too - I did my first decent triptych (which is three photos together as one) and I'm happy about that because the girl I did it for is really looking forward to it :) Now I have to get the photos I took at my grandma's birthday done so I can get her photo gift printed (it's like 3 weeks past her birthday lol - I'm such a slacker!!) :p

Otherwise just waiting impatiently for my appt. My boy has a cough that I'm getting - grr. But otherwise no biggie and we're doing well.

Hope you all are having a nice day :)

leeann38
02-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Amanda- I am sure it will fly by! I feel like I was just.pregnant with Kelsey and she is almost 2!

pjs3902
02-09-2012, 12:19 PM
leeann- your countdown cracks me up! I have 23wks to go-- and here you are due after me saying you have 23wks too! I always have to stop and rethink how that's possible! watch us c-section on the same day!

cuz- again- i only have a lot of things bc this is #3. And when they are so close to eachother like mine are- it's hard not to have a TON of stuff. A teddy bear is a good place to start!

amanda- was dh able to pick stuff up yesterday??? :)

girls are into trouble-- must go and play the bad villian!

jessicaileen
02-09-2012, 12:20 PM
I agree with leeann, since most of us are second or third-timers, we have most of what we already need and want to get deals wherever we can on what we do need. I actually think my workplace might be throwing me a shower this time around. I've had several of my co-workers ask me what I need for this baby. I don't expect anything but it would be nice if they do throw me one since I never got my first work shower (I was on bed rest for PTL).

Speaking of supplies - I've been really wanting to get the Fisher Price Rock N Play sleeper but really didn't want to spend the $50 for a brand new one. Well, my Craiglist had one on there in "excellent barely used" condition for $35, and I ended up scoring it for $25! YAY! I've heard so many good things about it that I really wanted to have it this time around. I might even use it instead of the bassinet at night time beside our bed.

Lastly, I think we finally have the name picked out for this baby. It's going to be Austin Jules! (Jules is after DH's great Uncle who we both greatly admire). I'm 99% sure this is the name so I'm glad that big decision is done and over with.

leeann38
02-09-2012, 03:17 PM
PJS - LOL It's not a race! hahaha I'd MUCH rather wait until 39 weeks to have this baby, but I really a) don't have a choice and b) don't want to rupture. LOL! I would feel much more confident knowing I was coming home with a 39 weeker. They just have more time for their brains to grow/develop and what not. Oh well... :)

Jessica - that's an awesome deal and an adorable name!!! I love it!!

Sooooo...

I called and scheduled the elective ultrasound for Feb 29th!! I may cancel before then, but I really think I just want to know. That would put my countdown to 20 days until we know what baby is instead of 43!! I know it's not that big of a difference, but a girl I work with is going on maternity leave March 5th and if by some miracle this is a boy, she's getting all of my clothes before she leaves!! hahaha!! AND I will be getting her son's! LOL!!

and I just wanna shop. :D:D

pjs3902
02-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Leeann- LOL!!!
1.) I know it's not a race, and I'm sure given the option- you would pick 39wks... it just throws me for a loop when i'm doing the math!
2.) My u/s isn't until the 9th- and although we don't plan on finding out that day- we def cannot find out together if you go on the 29th! :)

Jess- Love the name! glad you found something both of you like! :) and yay for getting a good deal!

The only two things I really want/need this time around are 1.) A new pump and 2.) A swing! And I'm omaha bound next weekend... may start shopping then!

leeann38
02-09-2012, 03:34 PM
PJS - Got my pump already and I actually need a swing, too! haha But I might hold off because Makenna loved the swing and Kelsey wanted nothing to do with it...

I did see on babycheapskate.com though that there's one on sale at Albee baby for $49.99 from like over $100!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Jessica, I, too, get my kicks from getting great scores on items I really want - so YAY! And you're SO lucky to have a name! This is so hard, omg. It's a great one, too - congrats!!

LeeAnn, yay for ultrasound!! :) Mine is going to be on or around the 7th of March, so that day can't come fast enough!! (I REALLY want to shop too :p)

Pam, The only thing I need this time around is a bassinet for beside my bed (with Mason we had a cool old one but it was too wobbly and I had issues with it so it's long gone). Also, some crib bedding! I've made an offer on some really cool stuff on CL that would be good for boy or girl, but they have to think about my offer because it's pretty low compared to what they're asking (which is kind of ridiculously overpriced, if you ask me :rolleyes:). Oh and we need a new monitor too - the old one took a poop and now they're more expensive for the same model. I still have the swing and I totally love it because it's the kind you can plug in - a LIFESAVER on batteries!!

AFM, that cough hit me and it SUCKS! Argh. Mason has it worse but he doesn't seem to bothered by it which makes me feel better.

I went to my appt yesterday and I was so disappointed! I waited for AN HOUR in the waiting room- RIDICULOUS. And then when I got in there they wanted to do a pelvic exam (which I totally wasn't expecting because I hadn't showered that day). I was like, um, not today. Maybe next time lol. Then they wanted to take blood to test my blood sugar (even though when I had my blood sugar done a few months ago it was perfect and I had perfect numbers with my son also). Luckily it was only a vial and it was the fastest blood draw I've ever had. She talked for a bit and used a google plug in chart to decipher how likely my vbac was to be successful (which I thought was kind of odd). I got 70% which is pretty much what all women get apparently...So yeah. I wasn't thrilled at all with this appt. Not digging the doc so much (she was nice but I didn't have a connection with her like I did with the doula/midwife who I saw at my initiation). I'm going to see what happens at my next appt and maybe switch to the other doc in that office. Ugh.

Sorry for the book ;) Hope you are all doing well!

amandalisa
02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Brittany - sorry about the disappointing appointment. Prob a good idea to check out another dr in the clinic if you didn't feel 100% about this one. Less than 4 weeks until your u/s :)

Jessica - love the name! One of my nephews' is Austin, he's a sweatheart! We call him Aus or Aussie sometimes for a nickname :)

PJs - no go on the furniture yesterday, but DH called and warned me so I didn't have my hopes up. His guys that are helping and have the truck are coming today, so yay today it is!

I love all you girls and your bargain shopping. I'm a total bargain shopper, my mom is too, so she raised me that way! I hate paying full price for things because I know that everything is marked up like crazy, especially clothing! We got discounts on everything we've purchased for the baby so far, hope to keep that trend going. My bedding and accessories were discontinued about a week after I registered so last week I went and bought just about everything I wanted from the set because it was all 50% off, score!

CUZUCO
02-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Brittany-I'm with Amanda-definitely change the Dr. If you don't like her.

Jess-I love the name! It's so exiciting that you have it picked out already.

Amanda-I'm a bargain shopper too! No point in wasting good money when you can get the same thing for half the price!

We're practically decided on the name too. It this point it's looking like it'll be Claudia Elizabeth. We're not 100% on the second name-or other option is Claudia Ann.

jessicaileen
02-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Leeann – You say that now but I bet when 37 weeks rolls around, you’ll be ready to have the baby! I know I was. LMAO on getting the elective u/s! You go girl with all your bargain shopping that you’ve been doing. I’m actually going to be up by you this weekend, I’m going to my sisters on Saturday, shopping all day in Robinson area then spending the night at her house so I can go to a baptism the next day for DH’s side of the family. I can’t wait to get there and start shopping! I don’t have any really good stores around me like they have in Robinson.

Pjs – You need a new swing? What happened to your old one? I still have mine and honestly, didn’t use it that much with Camden even though he liked it, he didn’t want to stay in it that long and it took up so much space.

Brittany – Sorry about your long appointment. It sounds a lot like how my first OB appointment went too. I had to wait an hour in my waiting room, then the midwife wanted to do a pap and I was like NO! First off, I wasn’t expecting it, secondly, I bled so much during my pregnancy with DS that I didn’t want to risk doing a pap and starting to bled so I said no. They didn’t care, they just said they’ll do a pap at my 6 week pp checkup instead. Do they normally check your glucose level this early? I didn’t get mine checked until week 28 (I believe with DS) and they’ve never said anything to me about it yet.

Amanda – Yay for getting the furniture! You won’t believe how excited you’ll get once it’s all put together. I spent so many nights in DS’ nursery room before he was born, just sitting rocking on the rocking chair dreaming and thinking of the day I’d be holding him. I’ll never forget those precious moments.

Cuz – Congrats on picking out a name too! Isn’t it a relief? WHEW! Now I have to look for AUSTIN letters to hang on the nursery wall. I love your girl name/names!

I'm going not to meet the CraigsList lady to get the Rock N Play I'm buying from her....I called DH first and said if I don't call him in 30 minutes to call the police. LOL You never know, can't trust anyone anymore!

leeann38
02-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Jessica - we should get together!!!! Robinson is 15 min from me!!!

I figured I saved $75 on my travel system and $75 on my pump, I can pay $99 to satisfy my urge to know the gender. And I work hard for my $! I deserve it. haha!!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Jessica, I didn't have to do it last time. I have no idea why they wanted to do it aside from the fact that I have pcos. I'm not overweight at all so that couldn't have had anything to do with it. And I didn't need a pap - I had my last one last summer. They just wanted to do one to look at my pelvis I guess to see how well it could handle a vaginal birth.

Cuz, love the name!! I WISH I knew what mine was!!

AFM, my ultrasound is officially scheduled for the 7th at 12:15am :D Can't wait!!

EJ1008
02-10-2012, 01:45 AM
Jessica - Good job on your boy's name. Austin and Camden go well together. Even their middle names work well, especially with both ending in "les". Even better if it's after someone special.

Cuz - Love the name Claudia. I know my vote doesn't count, but I'd go with the middle name of Elizabeth -- it's my full name. :)

CUZUCO
02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
EJ-I'll take your vote into consideration!!! We're leanin that way. I think it sounds better. I'll definitley let you know what we decide.

Brittany-less than a month and you'll know!

I'm excited some maternity clothes I ordered came and I live them! I finally have somthig nice to wear that fits really well!

amandalisa
02-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Cuz - how nice you have maternity clothes to wear now! And congrats on picking a name! That's my moms name :)

Jessica - all go well with the CL meeting?

So, we got the furniture yesterday! I felt bad watching all the guys struggle getting it up the stairs, but so glad it's all here. Now I just have to talk DH into putting together the crib and changing table this weekend! I love the room already, feels so good that everything is cleared out and I can see what it's eventually going to look like. Can you tell I'm a little bit excited?!? haha

BAC38(Brittany)
02-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Cuz, I know!! :)

Amanda, don't feel bad for those guys!! It's what they do :) So glad you got it all in and ready to set up.

Once I feel better I'm going to try to start shopping for a bassinet. Mason and I are super sick now that the cold caught up with us :( He was coughing so hard last night, poor guy, his throat was raw :( So I took him into my room. Once he finally fell asleep he got a fever (according to the infrared forehead thermometer - a lifesaver, btw, love this thing) it was around 103 (potentially up to 104 at some points). But I let him sweat it out and it was gone by about 4:30am and he doesn't have one this morning. It's so much easier to handle when he's older and he can tell me what he's feeling.

Dad went and got him some good cough syrup this morning but he won't come near it lol - he's so stubborn :rolleyes: Hopefully I'll get him to take some before bed tonight so he can get some good sleep (and me too!! I got like 1.5 hours total...)

Hope you all have a lovely day :)

leeann38
02-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Sooooooo glad it's FRIDAY!!! I need me a weekend! LOL!

Just got done listening to baby's heartbeat! It was like 146-152. I could hear her (or him) rolling around and throwing a few kicks/punches! LOL!

19 days until my elective gender scan!! LOL! Like 40-42 until my big u/s.

CUZUCO
02-11-2012, 08:11 AM
19 weeks today. I feel like every day is one less!

Have a great day everyone!

jessicaileen
02-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi ladies! 19 weeks for me today too! I'm wide awake and DS is still sleeping, this isn't right!

Leeann - text me if you wanna meet up today! I plan on being there by 1pm and will shopping all afternoon, lol! I have the shopping bug too!

Cuz - yay for 19 weeks! Are you feeling her kick more now? I feel him all the time, but he's also been kicking my cervix, not fun!

Brittany - I hope you and DS feel better soon. We had that nasty cold too and were pretty miserable for a good two weeks.

Amanda - I'm excited for you! I was just like you with DS' nursery so when I read your posts they put a huge smile on my face to read your excitement.

angel99mm
02-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks ladies for the input on the back pain--sounds like I don't have much to worry about, and I haven't gotten the sharp pains since.

CUZ--don't feel too overwhelmed! It's true that first time moms and those having 2nd/3rd children have a different approach. As other FTMs, amandalisa and I both got started around 21 weeks I think, so you're still right on track. No worries! Congrats on the maternity clothes--I remember feeling soooo much better once I started wearing maternity full-time at 20 weeks. Glad you found stuff that looks great!

Brittany--I think the appetite thing is a real indicator. I was reading that statistically boy babies have higher birth weights and they believe it's linked to the mom's increased appetite. In speaking with coworkers they were all STARVING throughout the pregnancy, and I had NO appetite until about 16 weeks. So your on-track weight gain may be a sign :) Can't wait to find out! Sorry about your crappy dr appt. Hope the next one goes better!

jessica--love the name Austin! I'm so jealous that you have your name picked out already.

leeann--yay for an elective u/s! That's cool that you're getting it done on the extra day in the year. . . must be good luck or something, haha.

amandalisa--congrats on getting the furniture! Maybe DH will surprise you and put it together while you're at work this weekend :)

I can't believe I'm almost to the 3rd trimester!! It's a bit scary that I have to start thinking about the actual birth. Ugh, so scary. I really don't want a c-section, even though a vaginal birth is scary. But my biggest fear is the dreaded tear or needing the "e" word. (I can't even say it or think about it--it makes me queasy). So I've been doing the kegels once or twice a day. . . I've heard that helps prevent tears. Anyone else heard if this is actually effective?? I hope I haven't offended anyone with this topic--but better for me to ask here than at work, lol.

DH is in the middle of putting together our new mattress right now--we needed a new one, so bought a Sleep Number bed 2 weeks ago. I've been having trouble sleeping, with the back aches and my hips have been killing me from sleeping on my side. Fingers crossed that this will help me sleep for the remainder of the pregnancy!!

Hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend.

leeann38
02-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Angel - I scheduled it and am paying for it out of pocket. My regular ultrasound isn't until march 22nd! I didn't want to wait that long!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Cuz and Jessica, yay for 19 weeks! It feels so crazy that I'm going to be 18 weeks tomorrow :) I don't look pregnant at all from behind lol - but when I turn around I'm definitely sticking out ;) Three weeks and four days until I find out!! :D And I've only gained 9 POUNDS!! I'm so proud of myself :D

Angel, the best way to avoid an episiotomy is to do perinnial massage (so basically, lol, rub oily stuff on your "taint" as DH calls it :rolleyes:). Also, you can request that you NOT get an episiotomy and be allowed to tear naturally. The healing time is way faster that way. I tear sometimes just dtd, so I'm a little anxious about vaginal birth also (for more reasons than one for me, since I'm attempting a vbac). I've not read about the effectiveness of keegals in preventing tearing, but it can't hurt!! Also, this topic is SOOOO not offensive lol - after all, babies come out of the vag (most of the time) and there's nothing we can do about it - no sense in feeling uncomfortable with talking about it when the whole world will see it!! (By the whole world I just mean the people in the room at the time, but still, it feels like the whole world lol)

Yay for a new mattress! I bet that will be nice :) You'll have to tell me how that works - I've been thinking about getting one too.

And I REALLY REALLY hope you're right about the weight thing!!! :) Still keeping my fingers crossed ;)

AFM, boy is feeling a little better today. I've been letting the fever do it's job and it seems that it is. He was joking with me today and he says his throat doesn't hurt so bad now. He's also eating again, which is great. Drinking tons of fluids also. Fever is still here but low during the day (last night it was around 104ish). I'm doing ok - just coughing and tired from watching him all night.

I hope you all have a great weekend!! Dh went out and is bringing me home a burrito which I CANNOT WAIT for! It sounds SOOO good lol.

esarah
02-11-2012, 04:16 PM
I thought I'd chime in on the tearing versus episiotomy topic. I have had one episiotomy, I tore once and didn't tear or have an episiotomy with my last two.
I tore on my episiotomy scar with my second birth and tore beyond, it was a good deal worse then the episiotomy but it was much less painful and healed faster when it tore then with the episiotomy. The episiotomy was very painful and was for many weeks. They tear was also painful but never as painful and after several days it was only occasionally that it hurt and only doing certain things (moving certain ways, doing too much ate once).
I would definitely stress that you would rather tear naturally then have an episiotomy. I would have whoever is in the room with you when you re delivering to know that and make sure they don't sneak up on you with it. You are never guaranteed to tear even when they say you need an episiotomy. My doctor tries not to do episiotomies and promised if there was any way he could avoid it, he wouldn't do one but with my oldest, she was turned sideways with her hand by her face and her face stuck above my pelvic bone so they used an vacuum extractor and thus the episiotomy.

With my last two, I did not tear at all and I am convinced that had to do with not having an epidural with those two and being able to move around and also letting my body do it's thing, I was standing most of the labor and delivery and could feel everything and let my body do physiological pushing where I didn't consciously push but let my body do what it was going to do. My doctor said that is what happens almost all the time when people do it without an epidural and being able to move around and work with their body although he hasn't seen many people do it. He also thought I was crazy for doing it that way but at least he was supportive and didn't tell me that until after my third baby was born. :) No laying flat on the bed, no holding my breath and pushing and no epidural to stop me from feeling what I needed to do. With both, I had no tearing at all and very little swelling and my birth experience was amazing. I was induced with both and it was intense and painful at times with very intense regular contractions but it was worth it to not tear and my recovery was so easy! Half an hour after my last one was born I had walked to the bathroom and cleaned myself up and then walked up to the NICU to see my baby.

BAC38(Brittany)
02-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I think the ability to move around that Sarah mentioned is really an integral part of being able to avoid such things. If you can move in such a way that releases the pressure on that area it makes sense that a difference would be made.

jessicaileen
02-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I had to have an episiotomy with DS cause after three hours of pushing he wouldn't come out and they had to use vacuum on him just like Sarah's experience. I didn't know He was cutting me when he did it. He was very discrete when he did it, of course my mom and DH that were in the room knew and they both looked away during that. I did hurt for awhile after. I remember for a good two weeks after I had to be careful to gently sit down or sit on a pillow to help ease the pain but I never took many pain meds so it was manageable. Hopefully you will just tear naturally or won't tear at all.

amandalisa
02-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Jessica and Cuz - congrats on 19 weeks! Just about the 1/2 way point!!!

Brittany - glad that both you and DS are feeling better. Hopefully you get caught up on sleep!

Angel - hopefully the new mattress does the trick to help with back pain. I've also been doing my kegels, figured it doesn't hurt to try! I agree it's a little scary to think about the delivery, I'm glad you brought the subject up.

Thanks for all the input ladies on the tear and "e" word as Angel calls it. It's nice to hear other womens experiences so I can mentally prepare for what might happen. My mom used to coach lamaze classes when I was little and she was giving me a pep talk the other day about a natural childbirth. She has lots of experience having had 4 herself and coached for many years, she made some really good points and good stuff to think about. Very intimidating though...

CUZUCO
02-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Jess-I only feel the baby move once in a while. I know that's normal, but I wish it was more. It feaks me out when I don't feel her for a while.

Brttany-I'm glad to hear DS is doing better. Not fun.

angel-Thanks for bringing up the birthing subject. I haven't given it much thought. I guess I need to start thinking about those things. It's good to hear what others have gone through so we can get an idea what to expect. Especially for those of us that aré "first timers"!

angel99mm
02-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks ladies for all the input! It was a challenge to read--I was cringing a bit but I know I need to learn, so I took my time, haha.

Brittany--I had read about the massage in the What to Expect book, and it made me lightheaded reading about it so I couldn't finish, lol. I'm such a wuss. But since you mentioned it's the best prevention, DH offered to read about it for me and that will be his job.

Initially, I thought I wanted a full epidural so I wouldn't feel anything. But after hearing some of your experiences, maybe the "walking epidural" may be a better match so I can be in more control. I definitely need to take the classes at the hospital to learn more. . . I just hope I can get through them without passing out!

amanda--you're so lucky your mom has so much knowledge, both from being a coach and having 4 kids. Hope this puts you at ease!

esarah
02-13-2012, 12:09 AM
I hope you guys don't mind me putting my experiences out there. I found that I liked hearing people's experiences, especially people who had different experiences and what was different each time so that I could make educated decisions but also realize that each person is different as is each individual experience.

chelseaf
02-13-2012, 02:29 AM
angel, you are too funny! I think most doctors now don't do the "e" word as much as they used to. I did tear with my daughter and it did suck the next few weeks, but it wasn't the worst thing ever. I think it's more common to tear with your first child. My cousin did with her first and didn't with her next two. When you are pushing the nurse will put some lube down there and help work things out, so that will help too. Try not to worry about it too much and just go with the flow. When you're in labor you won't give a damn about any of this anymore anyway! lol.

I wanted to add too that it seems like the epidural works differently with every person. I could still feel everything with mine, but I didn't have much pain. (except some of those really strong contractions!)

You'll do great!

esarah
02-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Epidurals definitely work differently for everyone and some people have a great experience with them. Some have terrible ones though. I could feel everything but since I couldn't stand or change positions because my legs were numb but nothing else it made a huge difference in being able to work with my body and let it do the work. Laying on my back and pushing while counting did not work well for me at all, epidural or not but stands and moving all through my labor and sitting up and changing positions while delivering made a huge difference and helped me not to tear.

Of course I definitely have a jaded view of epidurals since my second one almost killed me and I never really got relief from either that I had so they were definitely a bad experience for me. That is not the norm but it is more common then you would think. With my second I tore despite only having the epidural long enough to make my legs numb before they had to stop it to save my life and I couldn't move but felt all the pain and contractions and even with a 4.5lbs baby I tore badly. I do feel that moving around and being able to feel everything definitely helps avoid tearing or tearing as badly in most cases but it is definitely an uncomfortable and painful process in the moment but in my experience when it was done I felt really good after not having the epidural but recovery was longer and more painful when I did have it.

pjs3902
02-13-2012, 08:08 AM
I'll just catch up by saying- i have no suggestions on epidurals or cuts/tears. I've had 2 c-sections- and have loved having them. (let me clarify- c-sections by medical necessity- not personal "convenience"/choice

Okay- so time to update. I had my appt Friday. It started out good. My home scale had me up 3-4lbs from my appt last month- but their scale had me down 2lbs! Always a good thing in my book! Next came blood pressure. Fine and dandy! (So glad to be bp med free this time around!) Dr came in and after talking briefly he grabbed the doppler to find the HB. Three minutes later- he gave up and sent me for an US. Thank goodness baby was in there and fine and dandy!!! S/he is just way up high, off to the side, and set back some. Whew! So It started good, got scary, and ended well! And I had no problems getting an extra us... but at 16.5wks- no hb on doppler is very uncommon. And my mom-who's 3rd preggo ended in a 14wk mc didn't actually deliver the baby until wk 17-- so that did nothing to help my nerves.
Since then we had a very busy weekend. We did some shopping Saturday- and bought Snickerdoodle his/her first onesie! (I think all kids should have at least one thing that isn't a hand-me-down! :) )

My next appt with 20wk us will be 3/8. I really wanted 3/9 but dr won't be there in the afternoon which is when i wanted to go. I don't mind waiting one day less!
Can't believe I'm 17wks today! WOW!

leeann38
02-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Ok, I'm going to try this again. LOL! I posted earlier quickly from work and realized it sounded too debate-ish and I'm not that kind of person so I deleted it. LOL!

Basically, the main idea of what I wanted to say was this:

Try not to go into labor/induction/etc with a picture perfect clear idea of what you are expecting. Because then, you are setting yourself up for a let down if it doesn't happen how you are hoping. For ME, I did not go into the induction with Makenna with the idea of how it was going to go and I feel that is why I had a really exceptional birth experience, regardless of it ending in a c-section. And if you go in completely opposed to being "cut", what happens if you end up in a situation like a few girls where it was required for the vacuum? Then you will be disappointed. I just say give it your best shot, expect that some things may not happen how you originally thought, and don't think that you are a failure because you needed medical intervention, whether it be a vacuum, drugs, c-section, anything. That's all. And no, I'm not saying that I think any of you are saying I am a failure because I didn't have a vaginal birth. I'm just putting it out there that in the heat of the moment, things can change quickly and just expect the unexpected! haha And if it does happen perfectly like you expect, then that is wonderful!

I was also shopping this weekend like PJS! haha I bought 2 outfits - one for a boy and one for a girl. I fully expect to be returning the boy version in 16 days (or maybe I can give it to you Jessica! haha). I don't know what is different this time, but this is the first pregnancy where I have had a definite feeling that I know this baby is a girl. It's strange. That's why I just think it is. LOL!

I hope everyone's doing well today!! Any upcoming appointments?? I have my 16 week appointment next week someday - still haven't checked when LOL and my gender ultrasound is the 29th!!

jessicaileen
02-13-2012, 01:32 PM
leeann - I read your post from earlier (before you deleted it) and I don't think it was too debate-ish. Your totally right and I couldn't agree with you more - the main thing is to go into labor & delivery thinking you just want a healthy baby and mom at the end, don't get your heart set on having a certain experience because anything and everything can change in an instant during delivery. I certainly didn't expect my labor and delivery to go the way it did, but in the end, I ended up with a healthy baby boy and even though I was terribly sore and in pain, still was healthy and over time, you heal and move on.

I'm so up with taking that boy outfit off of you! Were you at the Costco in Robinson? My sister and I went to the Robinson mall and drove past Costco and I said to her how I'd love to go in there sometime. I've never been in one before but I love my Sam's club and have heard that Costco is even better than Sam's.

Baby Clothes - I also purchased a few new clothes for the baby this weekend! One was a Halloween outfit for next fall and the other was a cute newborn outfit for pictures in the hospital.

Epidural - I definitely had the wrong view of how an epidural would be. All my girlfriends had such great experiences with theirs. Once they got it, they felt NOTHING and even watched tv/movies until it was time to push. So of course, I was all about that kind of labor so I opted for one and what do you know, but it didn't effect me at all! I still felt lots of back labor, and vagina pain. I was miserable and with every 2-3 minute contraction, I thought I was going to puke so I kept my eyes closed literally all day while laboring. The epidural wasn't the cure-all drug like I thought it was going to be for me, so I know not to expect that this time.

pjs - That is scarey but I'm so glad that all turned out well! It seems like this baby of yours likes to hide! Did you peak between the legs at all during your u/s? :)

angel - I never took a birthing class at my hospital for fear of passing out too! LOL I toured our local hospital back in high school and they showed us labor and delivery and I had to sit down cause I almost passed out and they had to call my mom to pick me up! It was so embarrassing!

I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 10am! I get to see another midwife then and want to ask her the details of my u/s two weeks ago. I know the u/s tech said my placenta needs monitored since it's close to my cervix so I want to know from the midwife if she thinks it's a concern or not.

esarah
02-13-2012, 03:03 PM
I definitely agree being flexible about expectations is important. I never had exactly my ideal birth but I have had a couple of fantastic birth experiences despite not having things go exactly as I would have liked.
Epidurals don't always work as expected. True emergencies happen sometimes (like my placental abruption with Taylor) and sometimes they require interventions we don't want but they are necessary. Sometimes we don't have as much freedom to move around the way we like. Sometimes babies come early or have problems where we have to leave them at the hospital. Sometimes they come late and it's uncomfortable and hard to be patient. Sometimes induction is necessary no matter how much we would like to avoid it. Sometimes c-sections are unavoidable.

That being said, if you have an idea of how you would like to do things, being prepared is important. If you want to try without any meds, being prepared and having good support is essential or else interventions are much more likely. Being prepared doesn't mean they won't happen but it will help to make them less likely and if you go into it knowing you did all you could you will also have a better experience no matter what happens. If you want an epidural, being prepared for the fact that it might not work or it might not work as well as you expect will help you be more in control if something like that happens.

leeann38
02-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Jessica - hopefully your placenta has moved!! I was actually shopping in Cranberry Township, but we do go to the Robinson Costco as well! I get a lot of good deals on baby clothes there, but it's hit or miss. You have to check every time you go because certain sizes sell out quickly when they get new shipments in. It's usually much cheaper than buying the outfits elsewhere, and since I'm a executive member, I get 2% back on my purchases there.

Is anyone doing anything special for Valentine's Day? We got DH Madden 12 for XBox 360 lol and a card. I got the girls each small gift bags with some goodies. That's about it. I'll be cooking dinner. LOL!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-13-2012, 06:06 PM
All I can hope for is that I don't have a uterine window and that there isn't any uterine rupture. Those are my only hopes. If I give it my best try and in the end have a healthy me and healthy baby, I'll be happy :)

I still can't bring myself to shop until I know what it is :)

For Valentine's day I got DH some sexy things :p And also I'm making his favorite seafood fettuccini with french bread :)

AFM, We just had an earthquake like an hour ago :) Mason was like, AAAHHH!! MOM HOLD ME!! It was really cute how scared he was. I was scared for a second too (always am, especially since we live in one of the most seismically active areas in the world that's guaranteed to have at least an 8.0 in the next 40-50 years AND there's a decommissioned nuclear power plant about 15 or so miles away). But it was all good ;)

Another thing, I had a dream last night that I had the baby and it was a boy :) For some reason my father-in-law (who just passed in May of this year and had a sudden and tragically violent death) was there and was caring for my son. He was taking care of him in an auto shop (he was a 30-year retired mechanic) and feeding him and everything (I don't know why I wasn't caring for my baby, which was weird). But when I woke up I just knew that if my baby really is a boy, his middle name was going to be James (my FIL was a James jr. and my BIL - his son - is a James also - not sure what that is, I think esq? Lol) and my FIL is going to take care of him during his life somehow. It was comforting. And also I suddenly didn't care anymore if it is a boy or a girl. Very weird how dreams can be.

Anyhow, hope you are all doing well :)

leeann38
02-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Brittany - I think I'm the only weirdo with a window. LOL! Honestly, I wonder if the window poses an increased risk or not. Because they say your uterus thins during labor normally and there has to be women who have had successful vbacs in the past that have unknowingly had windows, kwim? Maybe not. I guess I could be wrong - my ob is pretty nervous about me even being pregnant even with a repeat c-section at 37 weeks. And on the name James, I love that name! I actually suggested that to dh as a first name for a boy if it is a boy. That's a big IF. hahhahahaha

BAC38(Brittany)
02-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I know the kind of c-section you get can increase the risk of uterine rupture, but the odds of it happening if you've only had one c-section (with a low-transverse incision like I have) is about 1%. Essentially the same risk exists for any other serious complication during birth. In fact, until like the 90s or something medical professionals were more against a repeat c-section and most often required women to get vbacs (until they recognized that the risk of uterine rupture increases with the kinds of c-section where they slice you vertically). Which is kind of weird that they switched completely to the opposite way of thinking. Also, they say that if you have a good surgeon your odds of being successful in your vbac are better (which I had one of the best surgeons in the area). But they are required by law to tell you all the horrible things that *could* happen (even though when you get pregnant they don't tell you - oh, well, sign this paper saying you understand that you could die giving birth :rolleyes: It's essentially the same thing). It's still scary to see the possible risks including maternal or fetal death or damage to the uterus that could require a hysterectomy. That's terrifying.

leeann38
02-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah I had a low transverse incision and my ob double reinforced me in case I wanted to attempt vbac with number two. Yay for being part of the 1%! Hahaha lucky me!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Crazy! I hope I'm not the 1%...

leeann38
02-13-2012, 08:28 PM
I am sure you will be great! And they monitor you!!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Totally true :) No need to stress! I'm just hoping with all my might I get the birth experience I want :)

jessicaileen
02-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Happy Valentine's Day ladies!

Not much going on here...had a midwife appointment this morning. She went through the u/s I had two weeks ago and said everything was normal. Going to have my next appointment in 4 weeks along with an u/s to check my low lying placenta but she doesn't think it'll be a problem since it isn't touching my uterus so she's pretty sure it will pull up away from cervix within the next month.

Anyone doing anything fun for V-day today? I went after my appt and got two packages for strawberries and blueberries and going to make a little fruit salad with whip topping for desert tonight. Also making seafood for dinner since it's DH's favorite.

BAC38(Brittany)
02-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Is it me or is there something weird going on with the boards? It's showing all the older 2nd tri threads as being new - bizarre!

jessicaileen
02-14-2012, 03:28 PM
brittany - Mine are showing correct that they are old.

CUZUCO
02-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Happy Valentines Day! I hope everyone had a great day.

Too tired for personals today.

I haven't been posting very much beacuse I'm super busy with work. I took three hrs off this pm, but have another very busy four days comming up. I'm exhausted. I think I'vre gotten to the root of my higher blood pressure readings. Today I forgot to take my baby asprin in the morning and this afternoon my bp was high (on a home reading). For the past
two weeks it's been totally normal (clinic readings), but I've been faithfully taking the baby asprin. So now I guess I've got to be super faithful with the baby asprin.
I'm going to take my bp again before bed and early tomorrow am. I hope it goes down because I really don't want to go on bp meds.

BAC38(Brittany)
02-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Sorry you're stressed, Cuz :( I hope the baby aspirin keeps your bp where it needs to be so you can stay off the bp meds!

CUZUCO
02-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Brittany-that weird about the earthquake-we hhad one yesterday morning-woke me up at 4:55 am! It's normal here, and doesn't freak me out, it's just weird that we both had them so close together. I guess the Pacific Rim of Fire is nice and active.

BAC38(Brittany)
02-15-2012, 01:47 AM
It must be :) I live right on the coast next to the triple junction, if you know where that is. We've got the Cascadia Subduction Zone which is the Juan De Fuca ridge, the Gorda plate, and the Pacifica (plate or ridge, not sure what it is called exactly). Anyhow, it's where they all come together so we're a really seismically active area in Northern Ca-where are you at?

amandalisa
02-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Happy Valentines Day ladies :)

Cuz - I take my baby aspirin every evening with my prenatal and folbee right at dinner. I got in the habit of taking everything together right at dinner when I was on Metformin so now I never forget to take anything. That might be something to try so that you remember to take it? Hope your bp stays good.

Britt and Cuz - scary that you guys had earthquakes, I'm sure I'd freak out because I've never experienced one before.

Jess - those berries sound delicious! Much healthier than my dark chocolate godiva bar I'm going to eat :)

I just looked at my signature and it says 100 days to go! Actually probably less than that, crazy!

leeann38
02-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Glad we don't have earthquakes in Pittsburgh! Although we did feel the aftershocks of the one in the DC area awhile back!

Am I crazy or is anyone else having a harder time breathing? It isn't because the baby is too big because I'm only 15 weeks... I'm wondering if the baby just uses more of my oxygen and so I find I need to take bigger breaths?? It's weird!!

15 weeks today!! 2 more weeks until my gender ultrasound and 5 more weeks until my actual 20 week ultrasound to check the baby's health. And 22 weeks plus a few days (hopefully) until I get to actually meet this little one!! It's going to be crazy!! Kind of sad knowing this is the end for me, but very, very thankful for my two healthy children that are already here and praying for a third healthy child!

saddiecybel
02-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Wow, 25 weeks yesterday. I can't believe we are more than half way there... I had my ob appointment yesterday and I swear it must have been the quickest appointment I've ever had. I've gained 6 pounds:( in a month but other than that everything looked good. My uterus is measuring a week ahead but then again, I keep telling DH I swallowed a beach ball last week. Don't know how that happen.

Cuz - for the bp I wouldn't worry too much. Baby aspirin is the best thing you can do for now and if you do end up taking bp meds they are not bad at all. I had high bp with my first pregnancy and ended up with the meds. I was just glad that they helped at that point because my bp was all over the place.

BAC38(Brittany)
02-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Saddie, sorry you had a jump on the scale - I've gained 3 pounds in the last few days thanks to dinner last night and the chocolates DH got me for valentines day a day early :rolleyes: I'm just going to be careful the next few days and hopefully I stabilize lol.

LeeAnn, hopefully your breathing gets easier :) Never had that happen personally but I'm sure it's possible!

AFM, went out to dinner last night with a bunch of friends and DH (even though I had planned to make dinner). My mom watched Mason and we had so much fun! It sure was nice to get out and talk to adults :) (Plus I got a rib eye steak, a baked potato and a salad which was soooo good!)

I've gained a few pounds from chocolate and dinner lol (putting me up to 12 pounds gained!) but hopefully I can bring it down again by eating normal stuff and laying off the salt and chocolate ;)

CUZUCO
02-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Brittany-just go about 3000miles south and you'll find me at the junction of the Cocos and Carribean plates (r.e. Costa Rica)!

Leann-I've noticed shortness of breathing too. It's not super bad, just unpleasant if I walk or move much.

Saddie-It's scary to think time is flying by. I find it's going faster than I think too.

Not much, except for work, happening today. Haven't been able to take my bp today, so I have no idea what it's doing.

BAC38(Brittany)
02-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Cuz, Ooh that sounds lovely :)

leeann38
02-15-2012, 07:35 PM
There is snow in my yard. I hate you both. LOL!!!

angel99mm
02-15-2012, 08:47 PM
chelsea--thanks for the input. I'm hoping you're right, that once I'm in the moment I won't be thinking about it at all. I'm just a worry wart sometimes!

pj--glad the end result of your visit was a positive one!

jessica--glad I'm not the only one a little queasy, haha.

I totally agree with Sarah's perspective (well said!!)--I know that nothing about labor can be planned, but I'm hoping to go in with some knowledge of possible issues, complications, and even preventative measures if there is something I can do now to prepare.

Brittany--I love the dream, I think it's a great way for you to know he's watching over both of you (whether it's a boy or a girl) and what a great inspiration for a middle name!

cuz--hope the BP stays under control, but at least you know the baby aspirin is working.

I had another appt yesterday, and they surprised me with the 1-hour glucose test! Ugh. I drink 16oz of milk with breakfast every morning, so I planned on NOT drinking it the morning of the test. (Oh yeah--did I mention I add a little Hershey's syrup to that milk, lol) so let's hope I passed!

I couldn't look at the scale, I asked the dr how my weight gain was coming and told her I didn't want to know actual #'s. She said I gained more than she expected this month, but because I had no gain at all or only 1 lb gained in so many early months, that overall I was in a good range. That was a relief! Had a great Valentine's Dinner with hubby last night--one last splurge as our last V-day without a baby. Now I can go back to eating healthy :)

I have graduated to dr's appointments every 2 weeks now. Hello 3rd trimester! A little scary, but that means we're closer to the end.

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

amandalisa
02-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Congrats on moving to 3rd tri Angel! I'll see you there in a week :) Crazy how fast the 2nd tri went compared to the 1st! I wonder if the 3rd will be the same???

I'm so excited, my college girlfriends are coming to visit today and staying all weekend! We usually do a girls get together once a year, but since they're coming to Vegas this time they're bringing spouses too. They're throwing me a little baby shower on Sunday while they're here too. Looking forward to a fun weekend :) And I don't have to work! yay!

CUZUCO
02-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Ángel-congrats on moving to the thrid trimester! Hopefully we can join you soon.

Amanda-that sounds lime fun.

I'm having a lot of pulling around my abdomen. I really hope
that it's round ligament pain. It's quite painfull-it hurts if I walk. If it's not round lugament pain then I'm goig to get scared. I have been quite a bit moré active in the past couple
days, but nothing hurt until mid morning this am. It just suddenly started
to hurt. It even hurts a little bit when I'm sitting. If anyone has any ideas or input I would aprreciate it.

Tink
02-16-2012, 02:54 PM
cuz- is it a constant pain that gets worse when you move, or is it a coming and going type pain?

alijac
02-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Cuz - there's another ligament besides the round ligament, which I think can get stretched a little, too. Hope taking it easy makes you feel better.

Amanda - enjoy your girls' weekend - how fun! Hope this doesn't come as bad news, but the 3rd trimester definitely feels longer to me than the 2nd...lol.

Angel - hooray, you get to join us 3rd tri gals! I would imagine the milk was fine for your 1 hour test. I also had a surprise test, and I'd had about 16 oz. of orange juice (doh!) that morning because I felt a cold coming on. I never drink the stuff otherwise. I still passed, and am hoping you will as well.

Hope all the rest of you gals are feeling good and enjoying your 2nd tri! ;)

CUZUCO
02-16-2012, 07:50 PM
It's a constant pain that gets worse when I move. It hurts quite a bit when I walk or move, not very much when I'm sitting or laying down-although I do motive it then.

Tink
02-16-2012, 08:24 PM
It's a constant pain that gets worse when I move. It hurts quite a bit when I walk or move, not very much when I'm sitting or laying down-although I do motive it then.

definitely sounds like ligament pain to me. Hang in there :(

CUZUCO
02-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks a lot Tink. I'm taking the evening off, so hopefully that will help.

pjs3902
02-16-2012, 08:37 PM

i agree with tink. that def sounds like ligament pain! matter-of-fact, i'm enjoying the same pain you are today!

saddiecybel
02-17-2012, 09:09 AM
cuz - I agree with tink and pjs. It does sound like round ligament pain. I had it with DS and not to discourage you but it was painful. It hasn't much happened yet this time around and I keep hoping it doesn't:p I found the best thing to do when it got really bad was put my feet up, get a comfy blanket and get comfy on the couch. If it does continue throughout the rest of your pregnancy, I can tell you right now that the moment your baby girl is out, it goes away instantly. I couldn't believe it...

AFM - 1 hour glucose test on Tuesday. Not looking forward to it since I'm very impatient and can't stand waiting around this pregnancy. Oh well, I'll bring my e-reader and hopefully I'll have a good book to read.

jessicaileen
02-17-2012, 09:47 AM
saddie - Ugh, I hate the glucose tests. Luckily I passed the 1 hour with DS so I'm hoping that's the same this time around. I'm a hard stick so they always have problems finding my veins and getting the blood flowing out of them (they like to clot up fast).

cuz - I've had ligament pain more with DS than with this pregnancy. I know it was painful but mine would come and go, usually was just when I was getting up from a sitting position or cough/sneeze. I can't imagine it being a constant pain so I feel for you. I have started to have hip pain at night which happened with DS. It's so painful that I have to twist and turn to feel better. I guess it's the beginning of my hips starting to make way for a baby to come through there! Oh the joys of pregnancy :p

angel - Congrats on moving on to 3rd tri! The 3rd tri will go fast too - but the last month before delivering is the worst just since you feel so big and uncomfortable and are so anxious to meet your little one.

amanda - Have fun with your girlfriends and with your baby shower!

Not much going on here today...was rushed leaving for work this morning and didn't grab anything to eat. I stopped at McDonalds to pick up a breakfast burrito and while in the loooonnng line Austin kept kicking me non-stop. It was like he was saying to me "MOM, I'M HUNGRY!!!" LOL Once I ate, he stopped moving. I swear I'm starting to learn this kids personality already.

DH has been working on our bigger spare bedroom to make it DS' room. He went yesturday to the craft store and bought the letters A-U-S-T-I-N for the nursery wall so there's no turning back now - the baby is definately going to be named Austin. I can't wait until the bedroom is done so I can move all of DS' stuff over and then get out all the newborn stuff again. I don't think there's much we need to buy but I won't know for sure until I start going through all the totes in the attic.

CUZUCO
02-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Jess-I just have to say again how much I love the name you've picket out!

Saddie-hopefully the glucose test will go fine.

I ended up calling my Dr. today about the pain. He says that as long as it only hurts when I move that I shouldn't worry. If it hurts when I'm not moving than I do need to worry. I feel marginally better, but it still freaks me out. Hopefully it will get better after a good sleep. I sure hope so because I'm miserable.

Alicia Rivera
02-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I haven't been around in a while since I have been working two jobs I don't have as much time to just have fun on the internet. Anyways, I am really enjoying my new job, its a lot less stressful, and I'm making a lot more. However my old job, that I have been working part time, just told me to change my schedule or send in my resignation. So I resigned, I am not going to put any job before God and the hours they want me to work would make me be at work when I need to be at church. DH may get a part time job for a while to make things easier on us when I have to take maternity leave now.

I am feeling Stephanie move more and more now :) I ALWAYS have heartburn everyday, and not always able to find a comfortable position to sit/lay in. It is worth it just to feel her move though!

CUZUCO
02-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Alicia-It's probably better that you have a bit moré time to rest too. Financially you'll find a way to make it work.

Feeling a bit better today. It still hurts a lot when I move, bit it's a lot less painfull than yesterday. Thankfully I can take some time off from work now. It's going to be off my feet for a couple of days.

Alicia Rivera
02-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Cuz - your right, I just don't like the way they did that, it made me feel like they were going out of their way to take advantage of someone who volunteered to stay just to help them out, rather than resigning to begin with.

I'm glad your feeling a little better today too!!!

leeann38
02-19-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm so incredibly miserable. Ugh. Started Tuesday. Got home from work and was TIRED. Like, beyond exhuasted. So I pretty much planted myself on the couch and didn't do anything. Wednesday comes and I wasn't as tired, but when I got home from work, I noticed my throat was starting to hurt. Thursday morning, felt like crap, but went to work anyway. I didn't really treat any kids - just hung out at my desk and left at lunch time. The throat got worse. Friday morning comes and I felt like death, barely slept the night before. Called dr but he couldn't fit me in so he called me in a prescription for amoxicillin. Been taking that since Friday at 5:30 and still really no relief. I've been taking two extra strength tylenol around the clock every four hours, and let me tell you, Tylenol really is not the greatest pain reliever. I think I have an ear infection in my right ear based on how bad it hurts down at my eardrum. Yesterday I broke down and bought some Sudafed. I know my dr says it is safe past the first trimester, but it still makes me nervous. That can be taken every four to six hours, so I've been doing every 6 while awake and none in the middle of the night when I take the tylenol. Only sleeping in half hour increments. It is truly HORRIBLE. I would gladly take my c-section and nursing newborn every 2-3 hours over this crap ANY DAY. Ok, I'm done venting. It just hurts SO BAD. And I have a really high tolerance for pain!! LOL! I think I've dropped 5 pounds in the last 2 days! Ugh!

jessicaileen
02-19-2012, 03:23 PM
cuz - Thanks! I love Austin too! Now I just can't wait to put a face to the name! Happy 20 weeks to both of us! I'm glad your pain is easing up, hopefully with a few days rest it will go away all together.

alicia - I have heartburn every day as it is but pregnancy on top of it makes it unbearable. I take a prescription for it and so far - no heartburn at all! It's completely pregnancy safe too which is awesome. If it's bothering you that much, let your OB know at your next visit and they can prescribe you something to help ease the burn.

leeann - I feel so bad for you. I can't imagine having strep (I've never had it before). I know when I had my cold about a month ago, it made me miserable too. I hope your doctor can call you in a different antibiotic so that you start feeling well soon.

20 weeks officially! I figure that I have about 18 more to go! I delivered DS at 38 weeks last time so I hope it's around that time with this one too!

pjs3902
02-19-2012, 04:32 PM
cuz- hope you are feeling better! have you been able to rest much?!? Happy 20wks!

jess- happy 20wks to you too! Still can't believe it's here already!

leeann- yuck, yuck, yuck! hope you start feeling better soon!! i hate taking anything while preggo but desperate times do call for desperate measures!

alicia- glad to hear Stephanie is moving around more. :) i had a fair amount of heartburn with Mollie- none with Aundra and Snickerdoodle- but even what i had with Mollie was more than I'd care for!

slowly working on preparing for Snickerdoodle. I'm down to about 21wks to go...

leeann38
02-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Well I tried to forego the Tylenol and my fever hit 101 in about an hour and a half so back to round the clock Tylenol I go... I know antibiotics can take awhile, but sheesh!

CUZUCO
02-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Leann-get better soon!

Pjs-thanks! I can't believe I'm this far either.

Jess-congrats!

Doing better today. I didn't do anything today except read a book!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Hey there ladies! Sorry I've been MIA for a bit - I've been super sick too! That cough that Mason had hit me like a freight train. After I got over just being all around sick, I got a sinus infection from all the stuff that was still coming out of my nose :( UGH! Talk about miserable!! Apparently, if you have bad sinusitis, it can inflame your entire palate and make you feel like you have a toothache. Well, I have felt like I have a toothache in ALL OF MY TOP TEETH for about 3 days. I am afraid to take any meds, but I broke down and took 3 extra strength Tylenol. Not much help, but at least I got a tiny speck of sleep. I'm starting to finally come around when - Lowe and behold!! I get a huge cold sore (been getting them since I was tiny, a real bane to my existence). After about 3 days of this cold sore, I started to get what I think is a cold sore under my nose. Now THAT is some sucky sh*t, let me tell you. WHY DO I HAVE TO FEEL LIKE CRAP AND THEN GET UGLY STUFF ON MY FACE TO BOOT?! Sorry for this, ladies, lol, I know this complaining is getting a little long winded :rolleyes: Anyhow, the cold sore is on its way out and I think I've kept the under-the-nose thing from getting too bad (it just looks a little red, but not scabby or anything). So hopefully (if the stars align in my favor lol) I'll be still looking normal at the end of this week when I have some preschool interviews. Keep your fingers crossed for me :p

I know I'm going to miss some personals, but here's a few ;)

Cuz, I'm sorry about your pain! Maybe try some yoga? I hope it gets better - that can be really scary if you aren't prepared for it to feel so strong.

Jessica, yay for wall letters! :) How exciting :) And yay for 20 weeks!

Alicia, I'm proud of you for giving your old job the boot in order to keep something in your life that is way more important to you :) Plus, you are making more at your new job so it should make up a little difference, right? ;) I'm glad your new job is less stressful - that's better for you and little Steph :)

LeeAnn, I've been following your misery on facebook lol - I'm so so sorry you have strep :( That is so awful!! I hope you are finally starting to feel a little better! I've been suffering for 2 WEEKS so I know what you mean about being utterly miserable. I, too, would gladly take birth and a newborn over this (although I'm looking forward to that, so I'm likely to take that over making dinner lol). Seriously, though, I hope you feel better soon!

Alright ladies :) Hope you are all doing well (with the exception of LeeAnn :p) and had a good weekend!! I'm excited because tonight is a new episode of The Walking Dead :) So bizarre that I like this show as I HATE zombies - but it's really a good story line.

Alicia Rivera
02-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Bac - Funny thing is, I turned in my resignation Sat, and then Sun my supervisor called me begging me to stay on the shift I was working. It turns out the other French agent up and quit, just like I expected in the first place. I told him ok, simply so I would have more money for when Stephanie is born :)

I hope your cold sores get better soon and that you have no more bouts of being sick, being sick and pregnant is no fun.

leeann - I hope that you get better soon, I can't stand strep and would probably want to kill someone if I were to get strep while pregnant.

PJ - I am no where near ready and haven't done much to get ready yet :(

jessica - My doc has me taking Zantac every day, she has had me doing that for over a month now, and I still get heartburn daily...I can handle it though, and least with the Zantac I don't throw up bile 3-4 times a day...YAY for 20 weeks!!!

AFM - At work bright and early. Forums were up this early for once so I could post, LOL. 18 weeks to go, I should probably start getting prepared for Stephanie, but with what my mom has bought and what I had already got at yard sales while believing God for a baby, I don't really NEED that much more. I just need to have the stuff she bought, she lives in Wyoming. The other stuff I need I wanted to wait until after a baby shower, but I'm starting to think I might not have one...I keep waiting for someone to offer to throw me one, but no one has.

CUZUCO
02-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Alicia-at least you'll have a bit moré money. Just don't overdo it. Perhaps they're going to throw you a surprise shower??

Brittany-take it easy. You sound miserable. It sounds like your defenses have taken a beating and that's why your so sick again. Take care.

Leann-feeling any better today? Rest up too.

I'm really excited, the past two days Claudia has been kicking and moving a lot. I had only felt it occasionally before now. It's so reassuring to feel her more often!

amandalisa
02-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Brittany and Leann - hope you feel better soon, sounds horrible!

Cuz - that's great that you're feeling Claudia more and more, such an amazing feeling and like you said so reassuring too!

Alicia - sounds like you have a lot of stuff already, you've got a great start!

Jessica - yay for 20 weeks! Such a great milestone :)

I had such a great weekend with all my friends, sad to see them leave. We did a lot of hanging out, out to dinner, walking the strip and they threw me a really nice baby shower. Everyone decorated onsies, they're so cute. The one I decorated, not so much, I don't have a creative bone in my body. Good thing I have creative friends and family :)

BAC38(Brittany)
02-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Alicia, that must be your gift for sacrificing for God-you didn't end up having to :) You just had to show you would be willing to. How sweet :) Also, I planned my own shower sort of, and then my female family put it together for me :) It wasn't until I was much farther along either, so maybe you will still get one :)

Cuz, so glad you can feel little C moving around now :) I love feeling my baby wriggling around-it sure is nice to have that connection with him/her :) Plus DH can feel him/her now, which he likes :)

Amanda, sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! :) I've never been to Vegas but I can imagine this would be the best time of year to go :) Thats great you got to all decorate onesies!! I love that idea! I might steal it as an activity for mine ;)

Afm, hoping to get out of the house some today :) Hubby went down south for the day to pick up a new boat he and his friend just bought-he's so excited :)

I had the weirdest dream last night that I missed my ultrasound appt! Isn't that funny?? I guess I'm anxious for it to get here :p

Hope you all have a fabulous Monday!

CUZUCO
02-21-2012, 05:44 PM
amanda-It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. How lucky that you got a baby shower.

Brittany-I hope you´re feeling better. What day is your appointment?

pjs-I hope you´re feeling better.

Not a lot happening here. I have way too much work to do, and I´m sooooo tired. I really, really need a vacation.

BAC38(Brittany)
02-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Cuz, I'm feeling a lot better today!! :D No headache/toothache (THANKFULLY!!) and I talked to my doc about taking lysine (which is a supplement that I normally take to get rid of cold sores) and she said I can take it so my cold sore is almost gone.
My appt isn't until the 7th of March!! Still SOOO far away!! Omg.

AFM, Mason and I went shopping today. He was such a good boy, I'm so glad. When he is sick he's such a turd! I'm glad he's feeling better too. We went to lunch and then to Ross. I got two new maternity shirts that are super cute :) I dropped back down to 10 lbs gained which is FANTASTIC. I'm so so loving being able to type in my REAL numbers to those pregnancy weight gain calculators and be in the target zone on all of them :)

I'll have to post some pics soon.

Hope you are all doing well! LeeAnn, hope you are feeling a little better today!!

pjs3902
02-22-2012, 12:23 PM
alicia- that's great that you have so much stuff already for Stephanie. Not *needing* much is a good place to start!

cuz- have you gotten any closer to deciding on a middle name for Claudia? Glad she's getting more active in there for you!

amanda- the onesies sound like a cute idea! You should post a pic! yay for a great time with your friends!

afm- not a lot going on. 15 days until my 20wk us! I know I'm 18wks+ but 20 wks still feels so far away! :p since dd#1 is finally potty training I went on amazon and am going to get a box of size 1's this month, size 2's next month, etc in place of the diapers we were buying Aundra. We plan on doing cloth diapering- and I have a nice stash plus ordered some over the weekend! I still like disposables until the cord falls off, and then for when we go shopping or something.

jessicaileen
02-22-2012, 12:35 PM
pjs - I need to start making diaper purchases too so it doesn't hit me all at once when the baby arrives. We are Huggies fans but I'm going to have to try Target diapers since they are cheaper and I've heard good things about them. So bummed that Amazon mom/subscribe and save dropped their discount, not it's not worth it for me to buy my diapers there anymore and I hate lugging diaper boxes home from the store - at home delivery is so much easier.

brittany - I wish I could remember my starting preggo weight, I don't know how much I've gained. I'm thinking 5 pounds or less right now but I'm a bigger girl too so hopefully I will stay around 30 pounds total gain.

This baby is kicking me in weird places. I know at the u/s they said he's kicking me in my cervix and it feels so weird. Sometimes it almost tickles and other times its really uncomfortable. He's a mover and shaker....I'm scared of what he'll be like when he's born if he moves this much already!

DS's new room is almost complete. DH is finishing the painting this weekend then new carpet is being installed on Tuesday and furniture being delivered next weekend. Once it's done, I'm going to tackle getting all the newborn clothes and supplies out of the attic....I think at that point it's really going to sink in that we're having another baby. It still doesn't seem real to me for some reason.

CUZUCO
02-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Jess-don´t worry, it´s not real for me yet either! I´m glad you´re getting things ready. I envy you.

pjs-leaning towards Elizabeth, but it´s not 100% yet. We haven´t really talked about it much.

Brittany-glad to hear you´re doing better.

I looked at some crib designs online today. I'm thinking it would be fun to have a friend of mine make one, but I have to show him some designs and see if it´s feasible (affordable!). That's about as far as I´ve gotten.

BAC38(Brittany)
02-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Jess, it's totally not feeling quite real to me yet either :) So weird how that is!

As far as diapers go, I've bought 20 one-size fuzzibunz and I'm hoping that will hold me for a bit. Once we see how much we need we will likely get more, but that's all I'm getting for now. I'm totally doing newborns for the first little bit until the cord falls off though, and also doing disposables for if we're going out or on a trip or anything like that, just for convenience's sake.

AFM, so I had another weird baby dream last night!! I was with my cousin (who I am estranged from and haven't spoken to in YEARS) at a small one-room house. I had a younger man with me, who was Native American and obviously madly in love with me and the baby (during the dream I was getting those fluttery feelings of the new relationship which was so bizarre!).

I had just given birth to a daughter and when I first saw her in my dream it looked like she had almost had a cleft palate, but then I looked again and she was normal (I think this stems from my guilt about not having a pregnancy as "perfect" this time around as I did with my son and being concerned that there would be something wrong with her/him just because I haven't been good about taking my vitamins due to being so so sick and then just to being a slacker - I have been taking folic acid, though, just to note).

So, in my dream, I named her Meda Paige (which is so funny because until that dream I had not even thought of or considered Paige AT ALL - it just came out of nowhere like it was meant to be). I was sitting on the couch and I touched her cheek and she responded with the little "I want to nurse" face <3 So I sat there and nursed her (which I then noticed that she wouldn't have been able to nurse if she had a cleft palate). It was so nice. Then I woke up.

I think I keep worrying about that because my friend had a daughter that has that condition, but she drank before she found out she was pregnant and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with genetics as well because I know a guy from high school who had two kids, both of which had the same thing.

Anyhow, so I realize this was like this biggest book ever lol but I wanted to share :)

Hope you all have a nice Wed.

leeann38
02-22-2012, 07:55 PM
I already have most of my cloth diaper stash, so I should be set unless it's a boy and we have to deal with the bloody circumcision. LOL!

I regained my ability to swallow and completely lost my sense of taste now. 16 week check up tomorrow late afternoon. One week from today is our elective gender scan!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-22-2012, 08:00 PM
LeeAnn, you'll get your taste back eventually!! Hang in there!!

Here's the pic I promised :) Sorry for the closeness - my phone can only get arms length away :rolleyes: LOVING that I'm still in my size 6 jeans!! :D

jessicaileen
02-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Brittany - cute bump! I haven't been in size 6 jeans since 5th grade, lol!

Leeann - circumcision isnt bad and not bloody once you get the baby back after. Just have to keep using tons of Vaseline on the wee wee. Which reminds me I need to put Vaseline on my to buy for baby list. :D

amandalisa
02-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Brittany - glad you're feeling better. Some interesting dreams you've been having! I've had so many crazy dreams this pregnancy. Your bump is adorable!!!

Jessica - how exciting to have DS's room about finished!

PJs - hope the next 2 weeks fly by before your u/s!

Cuz - that would be really neat to have your friend do the crib, hope it works out.

I'm off to the 3rd tri tomorrow, crazy to be in the home stretch! I know I've said this before, but I just never imagined I'd make it this far and I feel so blessed :) I'll see you all over there soon!

leeann38
02-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Oh yeah, I knew there was a reason I was going to opt for the disposables. So the vaseline doesn't get all over the cloth diapers. LOL I knew it was something! hahaha I'm thinking I won't have that issue, though. Because it will be a GIRL!! :-)

BAC38(Brittany)
02-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Amanda, congrats on the third tri move!! I can't believe I've only got a couple more months :) What a trip!!

Thanks ladies for the likes of my bump ;)

As far as circumcision, we didn't do it. DH is but Mason isn't and he doesn't ask why his looks different - he's more interested in why he has a penis and I don't :rolleyes: "MOM! Do you pee out of your fuzz??" OMG! The things this child says!! Cracks me UP!!

Anyhow, it's a LOVELY day here today so I'd best get out and enjoy it! Have a lovely Thursday, all!!

Tink
02-23-2012, 04:12 PM
As far as circumcision, we didn't do it. DH is but Mason isn't and he doesn't ask why his looks different - he's more interested in why he has a penis and I don't :rolleyes: "MOM! Do you pee out of your fuzz??" OMG! The things this child says!! Cracks me UP!!

Lol Brittany!! Owen just asked me in the car today how girls are able to pee if they don't have a penis! lol these boys are hilarious!

jessicaileen
02-23-2012, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=BAC38(Brittany)As far as circumcision, we didn't do it. DH is but Mason isn't and he doesn't ask why his looks different - he's more interested in why he has a penis and I don't :rolleyes: "MOM! Do you pee out of your fuzz??" OMG! The things this child says!! Cracks me UP!![/QUOTE]

HILARIOUS!!!!!! I already notice Camden noticing when I get out of the shower that we are different. He looks at my boobs too and if I lean down to him, he tries to poke them, lol! When I see him looking at my private area, I tell him "Mommy is a girl. All my plumbing is on the inside. You looks like Daddy's because your boys and its on the outside." :D

leeann38
02-23-2012, 07:14 PM
LOL We've never really had to worry about that because DH keeps himself covered around the girls after they are big enough to talk/ask questions. LOL!

Back from my appointment. Lost another pound, and my blood pressure was really good. The baby's HB was in the 150s.

So how dumb is it of me that the elective ultrasound that I scheduled is now 6 days away and I am contemplating cancelling it and just finding out March 22nd? LOL! I just realized today it's in a part of the city that is HORRIBLE at rush hour time and it's at 5:30. DH would have to leave work early and then we'd be fighting traffic to pay $100 to find out what the baby is, when we can just wait 3 additional weeks and find out for free while we are relaxed and make sure they baby is also healthy at the same time.

Decisions, decisions. I'm going to talk to dh and see what he thinks. There's an awesome swing on sale that I wanna buy and I could buy it with the u/s $... :D

jessicaileen
02-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Leeann - your killing me! If you really think you can wait 3 weeks, cancel it but if it'll drive you nuts waiting, keep the appt.

Happy Friday ladies!

pjs3902
02-24-2012, 08:00 AM
leeann- okay- first and foremost- do what you think is best/what you want. now that i've said that: are you CRAZY!?!?! you've had all of us counting down for weeks now-- and you think you're just going to up and cancel?!!? ugh! i don't know if I can take 3 more wks of suspense from you!!! :D

leeann38
02-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Oh I definitely WANT to know, but when I scheduled it I didn't pay attention to the fact of where it's at and made the appt at 5:30. I don't know if I want to sit in traffic for over an hour to get there. LOL!! Stupid Pittsburgh. I may have to take the girls myself and have dh meet me there or something. He told me he doesn't care what I do. LOL! But believe me, I definitely want to know like TODAY. haha!

pjs3902
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
leeann- just as a friendly reminder--- if you wait and find out that your princess is missing two "s" 's... you're going to wish you knew three wks earlier!!! :p

BAC38(Brittany)
02-24-2012, 12:49 PM
LeeAnn, If I had the chance to know earlier I would find out, but that's just me ;) Although, buying a new swing with the money is tempting! DH wouldn't even let me buy a gender prediction test (even though I looked at them and they said they weren't for ladies with PCOS anyway :rolleyes:) because he said we could just wait the 5 weeks or whatever it was at the time lol. But if your appt is in 6 days I would be DYING to know so I would totally stick it out. HOWEVER, I don't live in an area where lots of traffic exists so I'm not factoring in all the inconvenience...

AFM, Mason has his first preschool interview appt today :) He says, Mom!! I don't want to go! I want to stay home with you!! But I know once he gets there he will love it :) I've got another next week and I'm thinking I'll probably like them better but I'm going to interview as many as I can before we make our decision.

Happy Friday all!

leeann38
02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I think I'll just keep it. I'll just go out early with the girls and go shopping in the area and dh can just deal with the traffic. hahaha Then maybe we'll do dinner or something. There's an awesome fish store out there. haha We used to have a 90 gallon aquarium before we had kids, then once we had them, we sold it because it was so big and took up a lot of space. I like having a fish tank, though. It's relaxing. I miss ours. haha Nothing like off-topic.

Mason will totally love school once he's there!!

CUZUCO
02-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Leann-I know how desperate you are to know what it is. On the other hand it A LOT of money. I would probably wait to buy something special with the money.
You have to decide what you want to do. In any case we're
all waiting to find out!!

Not a pot happening here. I have an appt on Monday, so I'm excited about that.

leeann38
02-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah, it's not really the money I'm concerned about. It's not that much money to us and we wouldn't miss it. I just hated the thought of sitting in traffic. LOL! We actually paid about $250 or so for 3D/4D u/s when I was pregnant with Makenna, so the $99 isn't nearly as bad as that! haha

I talked with DH about it on our way to dinner tonight and the girls and I are just going to go out early and shop and he's going to jump on the PA turnpike and meet us there from work. He shouldn't hit much traffic that way. Then we'll just go out to dinner afterwards and kill some time before heading back home. :D FIVE MORE DAYS!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Glad you made your decision!! :) I think it was the right one, especially if it really isn't too inconvenient after all ;)

pjs3902
02-25-2012, 07:53 AM
cuz- good luck with your appt on Monday! Happy 21wks today!

leeann- glad things are working out regarding Wednesday. I will have my phone glued to my hip that evening waiting for the results! (which we know will be girl!)

CUZUCO
02-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Leann-I'm glad you made a decesion. I can't wait to hear. You never know you could be surprised!

Pjs-thanks! I feel that every day is one less!

Jess-happy 21 wks to you too!

Two moré days and I get to see my baby again! I feel so Lucky the Dr. does an US every time I go in for an appt!

Question: when I went in to the local health clinic two days ago they wanted me to get a tetnus shot. Thu said that it's mandatory for preg women past 20 wks. I wouldn't let them until I talked to my Dr. Anyone know anything about that? My pregnany book doesn't say a word. My last DT shot was 8 yrs ago, so I'm suposively still covered )ypu havethem every 10 yrs). Any insight anyone??

leeann38
02-25-2012, 09:21 AM
I had a dream last night that all this time we had an ultrasound machine at home and just realized it, so we did a quick check and it.was a.boy. LOL still think girl, though!

jessicaileen
02-25-2012, 01:39 PM
leeann - I'm so glad your still going for the early u/s! I can't wait to find out what your having, although I too think girl. Funny dream about the u/s at home....I sure wish I had one at home!

cuz - Never heard of that. I wouldn't have let them give me one either. The only shot I got while pregnant was the flu shot and RH- shot that I'm required to get since I'm O- blood type.

pjs3902
02-25-2012, 05:14 PM
cuz- i got one right before being discharged after having DD#1, DD#2 was close enough together that i didn't need it again, (i think 18-24months was the range before having to repeat) but will be getting one after baby#3. if you have "cause" for needing one (ie c-section, accident) you do not/should not wait the full 7-10yrs (i thought it was 7yrs...) before having another. now having it while you're still preggo- i don't think i've heard of that... and i would totally ask your dr too!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-26-2012, 12:33 AM
So I just need to vent a little ladies.

Dh and I are supposed to go to an event tomorrow at a friends house. I've never been to this friends house, but Dh has. Well it starts at noon tomorrow and I had every intention of taking Mason with us. I had no reason to think that it wouldn't be ok-the friends invited us and know we have Mason so it's no secret. Well, Brian tells me tonight at 7:30 that I had better call my aunt and see if she can watch him because otherwise we can't go because our friends' house isn't "kid friendly." I wasn't crazy or anything, but I said, wow, it's a little late-dont you think it would have been better if you had told me sooner? My aunt and her family have been really sick lately and the kids (especially Mason) like to run back and forth between my grandparents and their houses (who live next door). My aunts family have not been going over there because they dont want to get them sick and last time we visited we didn't go visit granny and gramps because we didn't want to bring it over to them. So when DH said we would have to have them watch him or not go naturally I said it's probably not the best idea.
So DH got upset with ME for "making a big deal" out of the situation instead of just saying ok and calling and not worrying whether or not granny and grandpa get sick or that he waited until the last minute to tell me. Then, even though I was being totally calm, he made it seem like I was being irrational and called me a "hormonal freak" which I absolutely was not being. I just hate being made to feel like what I have to say is just psychobabble or emotional delerium (mind you it's like this even when I'm not pregnant but now he has a great "explanation"). I just don't feel like he listens to what I say or takes it into account unless it suits him and it hurts my feelings. It's not fair that he never looks at how he is behaving and NEVER gives me a sincere apology even if he knows he's wrong.

So that's it- I appreciate you all listening. I'm glad I have someone to talk to who won't just start berating him in general and hold a grudge (like my mom) or just tell me I'm never wrong because I'm pregnant.

leeann38
02-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Brittany - that's tough. It had to have been hurtful for you to have dh be unsupportive and not very nice to you. I hope you guys worked things out!

Not much going on here... still congested, but definitely feeling much better than I have been. I still can't breathe when I sleep, which is really annoying. My 4 year old has a fever today, so I'm hoping that it's not the beginning of what I had because I wouldn't wish that on anyone, let alone by child. My 1 year old doesn't seem to be affected yet, thank goodness!!

Wednesday will be here before I know it!!

jessicaileen
02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
leeann - I think DS has what you had now. He started coughing yesterday a little but is coughing a lot today and congested. He's running a slight fever today too. I'm so sick of one of us being sick all the time, the past 3 months have been horrible with getting sick off and on. I hope I don't get it cause last time I had it I couldn't stop coughing at night. We're going to see Disney on Ice next Sunday at the Consol Energy Center...any chance your going too? I found an online coupon code for $5 off a ticket and if your kid is under 2, you don't have to pay for a seat! Last I looked there were still available seats in my row! LOL

Brittany - That is frustrating. I hope you had a heart to heart with him and explained your side. He needs to understand it. I find that sometimes I say things totally the wrong way to DH in the heat of the moment and then he shuts off and won't look at my point of view. After I cool down, I can tell him calmy how I feel/what I think and he takes it much better and opens up to me too.

Not much going on this weekend except DS is sick again with a cold I believe. He's been coughing all day so I'm sure it's going to be a long night for me. The down side to this is that I told my boss I would work from home the next few days and I don't know if that will be possible with my sick kiddo. Usually when he's sick, he wants held all the time. Austin seems to be doing well...kicking me like crazy as usual.

leeann38
02-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Jessica- I wanted to go but when I looked at tickets, it was going to cost us lik e$150 for 3 tickets. Ugh!! lol

jessicaileen
02-27-2012, 08:38 AM
leeann - Yeah, well we wouldn't be going if it was going to cost $150 too. Luckily, it only cost me $40 for one ticket since DH is working and my mom and sister are paying for their own tickets.

leeann38
02-27-2012, 08:43 AM
It's crazy what they charge! omg can you imagine when I have 3 kids of age? hahahaha We'll be finding free entertainment. LOL!!!!

jessicaileen
02-27-2012, 10:10 AM
leeann - Next time we should go in together and with your 3 kids, my 2 kids and us adults, we could probably get a group discount! LOL

leeann38
02-27-2012, 02:26 PM
You're probably right!! What time are you going?? Are you planning on doing anything before/after? We could meet up for that. I'm only 15 minutes from Consol.

jessicaileen
02-27-2012, 03:21 PM
leeann - Not sure. We're going to the 1:00 showing. I'm going with my mom and sister and my sister lives Beachview area so we're probably going to just head home after that since it's a good 2 hour drive for me to get back home but if we do decide to do something, I'll text you and let you know!

MonicaPC
02-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Hello ladies!
Sorry I've been MIA!
I had my anatomy scan last tuesday- it went awesome! Caylee is perfect! I have a us pic of her sucking her toes! Too cute! She has her daddy's lips :) I am now looking At June 26ish for a due date according to her size, my cerclage, etc. I can't wait to meet her! Dh has been so kissy w my tummy, he too is sooo anxiously awaiting her!
On a side note- I got my Chicco cortina systemin the mail today! I'm soooooo stoked! I pretty much have everything I need at this point. I'm thinking I'm going to pass on the crib as I intend on bf'ing so she'll be in our room for a big chunk of the time.....Julianna went from her bassinet in our room into her crib in her room for 3 months then straight to a toddler bed at 10 months! Crib was barely used! Idk, thoughts?..

I've recently started making tutus:) Love doing it! If anyone wants to take a look, please do!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-pretty-princess-shoppe/333634770006733

I'm making one for Jessicas daughter from this site! I'll have it to her this Friday! Can't wait to see Paytan in it ;-)

leeann38
02-27-2012, 07:43 PM
That's great that she is perfect!!! We find out wed what our little peanut is. Yay!!!

MonicaPC
02-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Jessica- id be pretty livid w dh after that. I feel for you. I sympathize as well as my dh is not too understanding....more ignorance than anything else.....

Leann- boy! If it is, we switch, remember?! ;) lol

Cuz- I'd wait for the my dr. They want me to get a flu shot, not too keen on that either...not to mention I never had one before.

That's as far back as its letting me go with responding after I read a post..... :/
I have to read and respond right after or I forget lol

BAC38(Brittany)
02-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Thanks ladies :) Dh apologized the next morning and yesterday and today he was extra nice. Sometimes we both need time to cool off and think of how to speak to each other in a way that doesn't make either of us shut down.

So sorry for those of you that are sick!! :( I'm so thankful we are over that crud we had-it literally lasted for almost three weeks!

Monica, thats great that your scan went awesome :) I can't wait for mine!! Only 9 more days!! :D

Afm, We have our next preschool interview tomorrow :) Were both very excited (now that Mason went to the first one he wants to go again-I knew he would ;) ). I really think this next one us the best fit for us. The last one on Friday was not very good. The people were nice but the kids were all really dirty, it was in a bad neighborhood and, the worst part, there was a SKUNK living under the place and the whole preschool reeked. It was gross. Apparently that is not something that ever goes away either. So we already know that isn't the place.

So I am SUPER STOKED. For a while I have been researching the kind of carrying sling I want for the new baby. I had decided on the Maya wrap (which is kind of expensive but is the most popular brand according to all the reviews and really awesome). So I was shopping in a local thrift store that sells lots of childrens things and OMG!! CAN IT BE??! IT IS! A maya sling (super cute colors, a size medium rather than a small, which would be my size but it will just have a longer 'tail' to be used as a nursing cover) for, get this, $8!!! I just about did a happy dance :D So I saved myself about $75 :)

I can't believe I only have 9 more days (8 tomorrow :) ) before the anatomy scan. I'm so excited.

I hope you all had a good weekend :)

leeann38
02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Brittany - glad you found your sling. Hope baby likes it! Some babies don't like certain wraps/slings! lol My friend has gone through about 4 different types so far with her baby, and he's very angry in all of them!

leeann38
02-28-2012, 12:53 PM
29.5 hours!

saddiecybel
02-28-2012, 02:06 PM
OMG, I can't believe it. 27 weeks today! Wow! And DS turns two on Monday, March 5th. How can that be????

We had a huge snowstorm on Friday and I picked him up from daycare. I tried to put him in his carseat but I couldn't belt him in cause he was too busy eating the fresh snow from underneath his boots. Too funny!

Pumpkin is also learning karate or tae kwon do in there. Funny, with all of the u/s I've had because of the bleeding in the beginning they kept telling me I wouldn't feel him because the placenta was in the front. Boy, has he proven them wrong....

BAC38(Brittany)
02-28-2012, 03:28 PM
LeeAnn I'm dying for tomorrow to get here so we all know what your baby is :D So excited lol - even though it's not me! How funny :p

leeann38
02-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Then we can obsess over your appt! haha

Amanda414
02-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Hi - I guess it is time for me to move on over here now!

Leann - I can't wait to hear how your appt goes tomorrow, so excited to find out if you are having another girl.

Brittany - Not too much longer until you get to find out too. That is so cool you found the sling you want for such a great price.

Monica - Glad you have a great appt. I love the little tutus you are making, so cute!

Jessica - I hope that DS is feeling better.

I have been feeling pretty good, starting to get my appetite back some. Still have bouts of nausea & exhaustion. I am starting to get a little bit of a baby bump & it is getting more difficult to keep my pregnancy quiet, I still do not feel comfortable telling the whole world. I catch people looking at my belly & I keep waiting for someone to say something, part of me wants to tell people but the other part kind of thinks it is fun to keep people guessing. Anyways the people that truly matter to me already know. DH finally comes home this weekend after being away 5 weeks for training, it will be so good to have him home, his missed almost the entire first trimester. As of right now he will have to leave again for 8 weeks right after the baby is born, but we will deal with that when the time comes.

pjs3902
02-29-2012, 12:39 PM
monica- so glad Caylee is great! Hope you are able to make it to the end of June without any problems!

saddie- enjoy the kicks while they last! hopefully they don't get painful! congrats on entering the 3rd tri! :)

amanda- i think it's fun to keep people guessing!

afm- not much going on! my next appt is the 8th. I'm not sure if time's going to drag or fly until then! probably both!

leeann38
02-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Amanda - you'll probably be sharing the news before long! Or people will just think you are bloated. LOL!

PJS - it will probably seem like it's dragging, but then the day of the appointment seem like it flew by! hahaha

I have 5 1/2 hours until my ultrasound! Yay!!!! :-)

I can't decide if I'm going to post it on facebook right away or wait until this evening. I might wait until this evening because I think I'm going to change my profile picture to an "It's a Girl" or "It's a Boy" graphic and not saying anything else. LOL! I'll of course try to post on here right away before FB, just no comments on FB until I announce on there! It'll be today, just not sure when. We're going to go out to dinner afterwards with the girls. That's always fun! (sense the sarcasm) haha

CUZUCO
02-29-2012, 01:54 PM
monica-I´m with you on the flu shot-my dr wants me to get one too, and I´m nervous about it. I haven´t had one for years.

leann-I can´t wait!

Hi to everyone else... I´ve been super busy and don´t have much time. Dr's appointment went well. It´s still a girl-that's a relief. Everything is fine. She´s measuring almost two weeks larger than I am, so she'll probably be big. I´m just relieved all is well.

leeann38
02-29-2012, 02:52 PM
3.5 more hours!!

You watch this little peanut NOT cooperate. I wonder how that works?? Since I'm paying for it out of pocket and the sole purpose is to find out the gender, I wonder if they let me come back for free if that happened? I'd be so MAD. hahaha

pjs3902
02-29-2012, 03:33 PM
3.5 more hours!!

You watch this little peanut NOT cooperate. I wonder how that works?? Since I'm paying for it out of pocket and the sole purpose is to find out the gender, I wonder if they let me come back for free if that happened? I'd be so MAD. hahaha

leeann- i'd be taking a bottle of oj or candy bar along so that baby wakes up and doesn't have the option of not cooperating! LOL!!!
my phone will be on and within 3 feet of me! as soon as you let the "important" people (aka dad/sisters) know- i want in on the memo!
i still think you're having a girl- but starting to guess boy for you! LOL! i have a few hours to make my guess official, right?!?!

BAC38(Brittany)
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
LeeAnn - Omg I would DIE if they couldn't figure it out! :p But we're thinking positive here - that's NOT going to happen!! :) It's only like 2.5 more hours now :)

Amanda, so glad you're finally going to have your DH back. That would be so hard! And I'm thinking in a couple of weeks max you won't be able to keep your secret anymore ;) But you can hold out as long as you can :)

Cuz, glad your appt went well :) It must be nice to be able to see her so often!

AFM, I made an apple pie last night with dinner. Had a slice of pie and some ice cream with it and gained 4 pounds!!?? I was like, UM - WTF??? Especially since I check my weight every day this is super wacky to me. I didn't eat anything else out of the ordinary yesterday, so I'm totally buggin'!! I'm hoping it falls off before my appt next week...So that puts me at 14lbs up (when yesterday I was at 10 - I'm still tripping out). I'm like - is my scale broken?? Why does this happen right before my appt???!!! ARGH!! Ok - done freaking out. I totally almost had a meltdown after I got off the scale. This kid better have just grown a ton or something. At least I'm still in size 6's with no problems (which leads me to think it's just belly growth? No idea.)

Ok, hope you all have a happy leap day :)

CUZUCO
02-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Brittany-It´s probably only water weight. In any case don´t feel too bad-I´ve gained 14 lbs since I got my bfp. It's kind of depressing. At my last appt the dr said I'd gained like 5 lbs and I was like "WHAT?". I still feel that there's no way I could have gained that much without realizing it.

pjs-I´m with you-I´m starting to think Boy for Leann too!!!!

Alicia Rivera
02-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Bac - I agree probably water weight, or food sitting in your intestines...

Cuz - I'm glad your appointment went well!

Leann - Going out to eat with the family sounds like fun to me! I think your little one will cooperate!

Amanda - Welcome!! Maybe you and DH can make it official now that you are in the 2nd tri and he is home...

AFM - Just got home from my appointment. This was my last appointment of the second trimester! Everything looked good, Heartbeat was in the 150s. It took the doctor a couple minutes to get the heartbeat though because Stephanie kept moving away and then kicking the wand!! I have gained a little weight back, but am still down 20lbs from my pre pregnancy weight!

leeann38
02-29-2012, 07:13 PM
GIRL! :D Omg lol

RebeccaNC
02-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Leeann - Yay, congrats!!

amandalisa
02-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Congrats on team pink again Leeann!!!

Amanda414
02-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Congrats on another little girl Leann! I guess your mommy intuition was right.

I wonder if Pjs will be having another girl as well?

All this talk of finding out has me wanting to know what I am having but I will not be finding out for a few more weeks.

leeann38
02-29-2012, 08:42 PM
haha I had some help with my mommy intuition!

My mom passed away from lung cancer in June 2009. A month before she passed away, she told both of my sisters independently and out of nowhere that I would have all girls. I got pregnant in August 2009 with Kelsey, found out she was a girl and then my sisters both told me that my mom said that. So, I knew if I had a 3rd, it would be a girl. Kinda gives me hope that there really is more to life than just life here on Earth. :D

BAC38(Brittany)
03-01-2012, 01:41 AM
OMG YOU WERE SO RIGHT!!! I'm glad you were prepared lol :) At least you dont need anything new! LOL :p Congrats :)

As I sit here with my little one wriggling now I'm DYING to know if I'll be saying the same thing or not :) Sux more days tomorrow :D

leeann38
03-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks, Brittany. I'll blow some of my pink dust your way!!! LOL!!!

MonicaPC
03-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Leann- congrats on another girl! Your poor hubby! Lol

BAC38(Brittany)
03-01-2012, 12:36 PM
LeeAnn, please dump a truck load on me!!! Lol :p

leeann38
03-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Monica - he's excited! He's like the perfect "girl" dad. haha!

jessicaileen
03-01-2012, 12:46 PM
leeann - I'm so happy for you and another girl! Now you can buy all the cloth diapers you want! You won't have to worry about a circumsized penis! LOL

brittany - Is it just me or is it taking FOREVER for your u/s to get here? I guess it's cause we are close with gestation dates and I've known boy now for close to 3 weeks. I'm so anxious to hear what yours is cause I don't have a feeling one way or the other what it's going to be. If you have another boy, will you try for #3 for a girl?

I hope everyone is doing well. I forgot to take my vitamin and heartburn pill last night at dinner and my chest is on fire right now. I have heartburn even when I'm not pregnant, but when I'm pregnant it's 10x worse. Can't wait to get off work to take my medicine!

leeann38
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
If you have another boy, will you try for #3 for a girl?

In my experience, that is not a guaranteed success! HAHAHAHA!!!

BAC38(Brittany)
03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
LeeAnn, LOL! :p

Jessica, YES. It's taking FOREVER to get here. For some reason they won't give my the ultrasound until between 20 and 22 weeks - which is whack because I found out Mason was a boy at about 17 weeks. I can't prepare and it's driving me NUTS!!! It's likely we will try again for a girl, but if it's a third boy, we give up lol :rolleyes:

So, still 155 this morning. ARGH!! Dang that pie! I never should have eaten it :( I'm going to be super anal about what I eat for the next week so that I can hopefully get rid of an extra 2 pounds before my doctor's appointment. *sigh* I hate worrying about weight gain. Not fun. At 14 pounds of gain all the weight gain calculators say I'm too fat :( Three days ago they said I was right on target. I want to be right on target again!!! Boo.

Ok, I'm done whining.