PDA

View Full Version : Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ AUGUST Second Trimester (13-27 weeks) Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

flutter
08-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Welcome to August!! I'm so happy to be this much closer to my due date!

pugmom74
08-01-2010, 10:33 AM
WOW! August already... doesn't seem possible! I'll be sending my older 2 back to school in 3 weeks. It's a good thing, they are getting bored and fighting a lot... they need school!

I've got nothing planned this week. Can't believe I'll be 16 weeks on Tuesday though. Where has time gone???

knutfugget
08-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Rhonda Time flies when you've got older ones to chase after. ;)

Yay for August! Only a few more months til I get to meet my little girl. :D

Christina M
08-01-2010, 02:11 PM
YAY for moving a month closer to our due date :)

Hope everyone is doing well. Just trying to take it easy here, been getting more BH's UGH! On a happy note I have another u/s on the 10th....DH wants to make sure she is still a she haha

starlettemax
08-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi ladies, I'm in the 2nd tri now. I'm so glad to be here and looking forward to the "energy spike" that is supposed to start happening right about now. I think my body needs a briefing on that issue, though because it hasn't happened yet! Hope everyone is doing well.

honey19
08-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Welcome Starlette!

Pug, I feel the same way! This pregnancy is flying!

Christina, LOL about DH!

Knut, It is amazing how every month gets more exciting isn't it? you will be getting into the 3rd tri before you know it!

I am 14 weeks today which I am so excited about! I just wish I wasn't gaining weight so fast with this baby!

eliza1610
08-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Hi Gals. Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

So we are having a 4d ultrasound tomorrow and hope to find out what we are having. The cost is $75 but I can't wait another month to find out. I am so nervous and I know I won't be able to sleep tonight. Hopefully the little one will cooperate and show us his or her "stuff"!

minipie
08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Hi all, and welcome to the new people!

Christina: That's funny that your husband wants to make sure she's still a she! I actually kind of feel the same way! We're having another ultrasound on Thursday, and I hope we can get a good look. We've had three ultrasounds since 18 weeks and we have never been able to get the traditional "potty shot". Our doctor is 99% certain it's a girl, but that 1% is still hanging in my mind! I hope she (he?) cooperates on Thursday!

knut: It's funny that you mention chasing after little ones because I was just telling my husband the other day how thankful I am that we don't have any kids yet. I can't imagine how you experienced moms cope during pregnancy! Right now it would be okay, but during the first trimester I couldn't have done it. Although now that back pain is rolling in, I could imagine it's hard towards the end of pregnancy too. I really respect all you mamas!

So yes, lower back pain. Owww! Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? I get this sharp stabbing pain in my lower back, usually if I move suddenly. It hurts so much. I just signed up for a swimming class, so maybe that will help. I've been feeling fantastic for the last couple months, but now that I'm getting bigger, I can feel the discomfort of the third trimester approaching!

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone!

honey19
08-03-2010, 09:12 AM
eliza, keep us updated!!! how exciting!!

minipie, could it be sciatica? Maybe a massage or chiropractor can help? I had sciatica with DD and it hurt so bad. the pain ran down my legs like electric shocks. Not fun!

JE1014
08-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Mini - I'd be willing to bet money it's sciatica! Movement seems to help me, so swimming might help. There are also yoga stretches that work on that too. I've been fighting lower back and pelvis pain since about 18 weeks. It's been the hardest part of being pregnant for me. I've found acupuncture helps a little too - my acupuncturist puts about 50 needles in my back & butt each week now!!!

And I totally feel the same way....how in the world will I manage this again when there's another child to look after?!?!? My girlfriend has 4 daughters....I call her "SuperMom" each time she's pregnant!

Okay ladies....I think I've decided on baby furniture finally. Munire's Majestic line. Probably going to order it later this week!!! I'm finally catching up on my research for baby products. Car Seats & Strollers are next..... any advice???

I'm just realizing there's only a month left in my 2nd trimester.....YIKES!!!!

minipie
08-03-2010, 02:28 PM
JE: Congrats on picking out furniture! That's a big hurdle cleared! My husband and I just started looking at strollers and car seats last weekend and boy were we overwhelmed! I was shocked to hear that the delivery times can be as long as 8 to 12 weeks. We only have 15 weeks left! The brands are different over here I think but the ones we're considering right now are either the Peg Perego Pliko travel system or the Teutonia Cosmo. Car seat I think we're pretty set on Maxi Cosi. We travel a lot (including air travel), so it's particularly important for us to have something relatively light and easy to travel with. Good luck as you delve into it! Consumer Reports has really good information, if you have access to it. Do lots of reading online before you go to the store, but don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. You'll learn a lot!

Christina M
08-03-2010, 06:30 PM
mini~ Ya sciatic nerves hurt. Swimming will help A LOT! I actually had back surgery in 2001 and still have a herniated disc so when I was pregnant with Lincoln there was nothing my ortho could do for me....he ordered swimming physical therapy and it did wonders!!! Im not having the terrible pain yet this time but once in a while it gets painful and if not swimming I lay on a heating pad. Hope you get some relief.

flutter
08-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Welcome Starlettmax!

honey
let me know when you figure out how to slow down the weight gain!

eliza
good luck with your u/s!!

mini
I had sciatic nerve pain in my first trimester when i was still hiking a lot. my friend is a massage therapist and she taught me a couple of stretches to help with the pain and prevent it. basically if you're sitting down cross your leg so that your ankle is resting on your knee then lean forward while pulling yourself down with your hand on your knee. You can also do it on a bed or other surface that is high enough... just lay your knee sideways and lean forward. it worked wonders for me. I think the sitting version would be a lot harder for me now that I have more of a belly though. Hope it helps and that the swimming helps too!

JE
We're going with the Chicco Keyfit30 carseat and stroller. Everything I read had really great safety reviews. I was planning to buy used, but my dad insisted on that being his gift. I think he's going to get the stroller too. I didn't really plan to get the stroller since we do more hiking than sidewalk walking and don't really do much mall shopping either.. I figured most stores will have shopping carts that we can use instead and I would rather get a stroller for when she's bigger vs only 30 lbs. that's one of the other huge benefits is getting one that goes above 22 lbs so that you can use it longer.

I've been having some pretty horrible shoulder pain this week from work. it's like there's a knot in my right shoulder blade. My friend told me to try to lay with a soccer ball between my shoulder blades for 5 min each night to help stretch and relieve the pain. it helped a little today, but still very painful. I am not a fan!! Hopefully tonight will help even more. Hope everyone is having a great week!!

eliza1610
08-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Its a BOY! The us tech was able to tell right away and luckly our little guy gave us the shot we were looking for.

Now all the big stuff happens - nursery, decorating, baby stuff and picking a name. So much fun stuff to do!

pugmom74
08-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Congrats Eliza!!!!! We like boys in our house!

Meggiejen
08-04-2010, 05:57 AM
Welcome to the 2nd tri ladies!!!

Eliza congrats on the boy! There's a little more blue floating around this sea of pink now!

JE yay for furniture!! We ended up going with the Safety 1st (35 I think) car seats. They were only ones I could find with decent ratings that were sized for premies (good for 4lbs - 35lbs). Since we aren't really sure how big these 2 are going to be we figured better to err on the small side. We picked the Combi Twin Sport for stroller. It was one of the few actual twin strollers (not just a double) and it was relatively inexpensive and had good reviews. We decided a travel system was just not going to be practical because of the size and weight. We probably had different motives in choosing what we did though. Its funny how much our focus changed once we learned it was 2. We scrapped a bunch of stuff from our nursery list and there is absolutely no theme to anything. Our stroller is cranberry red with black interior, our car seats are different colors 1 is lime green the other bright orange. The dresser is a regular dresser from Ikea. The only things that match are the cribs because they are the same. We aren't getting any bedding (except crib sheets of course) and no changing table, just a changing pad on the dresser. LOL can you tell we got a little cost conscious once we found it was two??

Meagan

honey19
08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
congrats eliza!!! Maybe because we are so close in due dates I will have a boy too! We don't plan on finding out so I guess we will have to wait and see!

JE, furniture is so fun! We went with Chicco keyfit30 for the car seat since it had the best safety ratings on consumer reports. I really like that they click right into the bases when they are put straight down. You dont need to maneuver them to get them to click in. If you decide on that one, keep your eyes open online. A lot of places will ship them to you free and we bought ours when they offered a free base with the purchase.

flutter, I hope your shoulder feels better soon!

mini, I hope you are getting relief from the back pain!

Nothing is new here. Just chugging along.

Christina M
08-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Eliza~ Congrats on joining team BLUE! Boys are so much fun!!!

minipie
08-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Congrats eliza on your little boy! I'm glad the ultrasound went well and he cooperated for you!

Meggie I think it's totally understandable that you want to cut costs where you can. I am suffering serious sticker shock and we're only having one! I think really most of that stuff is just "stuff", and as long as you provide your girls with the basics and lots of love, they will be just fine. You'll be great parents!

flutter I hope your shoulder is feeling better. Did the stretches help? These aches and pains that come along with pregnancy aren't very fun. :p

As for me, my back has been feeling better today and yesterday, although I'm still a little cautious. I've been trying to maintain good posture and squat instead of bending over.

Also, I have gained so much weight in the last week (3 pounds). Yikes!! I was kind of shocked that it was so much because I don't feel as if I've gained more weight than usual. Hopefully this means the baby had a growth spurt?

I have an OB appointment today along with an ultrasound. Hoping we can confirm that she is still a she. I'm also hoping I don't get scolded about my weight!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Robyn147
08-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Mini - don't freak out about weight gain too much. For one thing, at least according to your pics you are very skinny to begin with, and I was told that the skinnier you are pre-pg, the more you're supposed to gain during pregnancy. For example, I was told that for my weight (~58 kg pre-pg) I am supposed to gain 12-16 kg overall. However, if I had started out at 50 kg, I would have been told to gain 15-20 kgs.
I gained 4 kgs in one month (month #6) and I was shocked (although I could tell my butt was growing too much). The next month I tried a bit harder to stay away from sweets and only gained 1 kg. My philosophy is that I shouldn't suffer. I am not going to starve myself or be miserable while everyone else is eating dessert. Worst case scenario: I'll have to work harder after baby gets here. I figure I'm working so hard carrying this little guy, I deserve some breaks over 9 lousy months! It's not like you're letting yourself go :-)

Sorry for the book... weight is an issue I've been touchy about :-)

Tink
08-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Also, I have gained so much weight in the last week (3 pounds). Yikes!! I was kind of shocked that it was so much because I don't feel as if I've gained more weight than usual. Hopefully this means the baby had a growth spurt?

mini- I had a high risk pg, so I went to the ob weekly...which meant weekly weigh-ins. I lost weight in the first tri, gained in the second to just a bit over my pre-pg weight, and then PACKED it on in the 3rd tri. There was a 5 week span where I gained 3lbs each week. It became a joke between my ob and myself. She told me as long as I wasn't eating crap all the time, there wasn't too much I could do to prevent the weight. And like Robyn said, now that my LO is here and healthy, I just have to work harder to get the weight off. It doesn't come off right away...it takes 9m to put on, it takes about 9m to come off. Oh- and my LO was only a 6 pounder...so I don't know where all the weight was going!!

minipie
08-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks Robyn and Tink for your support! I was much more concerned about the weight gain early on, but now I'm feeling more relaxed about it. I was kind of more surprised than anything that I'd gained so much this week. I actually just got back from the OB and she said she is perfectly happy with my weight gain. The baby is growing fine, all my blood work, etc. is fine, so really, I'm thankful!

I think the weight issue is a tough one, but you're right Robyn, we shouldn't deprive or punish ourselves. As long as I'm eating properly and taking care of myself, I'll just let my body do what it needs to do!

Thanks again girls! :)

MaryFaith
08-05-2010, 12:41 PM
I noticed a lot of people are having girls & I just added to the list :D

my ob canceled my ultrasound so my husband & I decided that I'd go to where I work & get an ultrasound from the ob physicians there & we got the confirmation.......I had a smile on my face all the way home

hope everyone is doing well!

rjsmamma
08-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Morning ladies.... Today we are 25 weeks... wow, I remember posting that I was only 5ish weeks and that seems like yesterday. Time is flying by.

Mary- congrats, Girls are definalty the majority this year!

Eliza- Congrats on joining team blue! Boys are great!

Mini- oddly enough I just stepped on the scale this morning and was also up 3 pounds from last week. I have no Idea why but it is definatly all in my belly.I figure as long as we are both healthy that is all that matters. I attached my most recent pict showing it has all gone to my belly...lol...I might end up with a football player straight out of the gate!!!

on my homefront...It is all becoming more real now. I found a crib and dresser and dersser/changing table on craigs list for a steal of $600! I am so excited! I went and looked at it yesterday and I love it! We get to go get it tomorrow! Now I get to try to find some bedding I like. And suggestions on where to look. I feel like I have looked everywhere. We are painting the walls 2 tones of light green, furnature is darker oak and I want reds and tans or browns. I do not like so many of the prints for boys so I am hoping for some solid patterns, but no luck yet.

pugmom74
08-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Congrats on PINK Mary!!!!

Christina M
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Mary~ welcome to team PINK :)

Rj~ You look wonderful!!! You are all belly! Not sure where u are at but if you have a USA baby near you they have a large assortment of bedding that isnt in regular stores.

Im laying on the couch for the 2nd day in a row. Yesterday was because DS kicked me in the back while sleeping. Today Im having a ton of braxton hicks and they are super uncomfortable! I think I need to drink more water or something. No fun!

knutfugget
08-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Christina Could be the heat. I've had the BH really bad this last week where it's been so dang hot. It's hard to stay hydrated enough to keep them at bay. Just think, Summer is almost over and we're getting closer to having these girls! :D

Rjs Have fun with the nursery! :D

Mary Congrats on Team Pink!

mini The weight stuff is hard to deal with. :( Do what you can and then what's going to be, is going to be. I'm looking forward to when I can hit the gym full force again and get this weight back off, lol. ;)

The new maternity stuff I ordered got here today! :D I took advantage of the sale Old Navy was having awhile back and picked up a few items for Fall. Totally think I'm ready to switch from full panel pants to low rise. This girl is hanging out SO low a lot of the time that it hurts for anything to squeeze me, even the stretchy panel. The low rise pants I ordered felt like heaven when I tried them on, lol. I bought a little big, so plenty of growing room. :D Funny part is, even getting them big, they're still smaller than any of my maternity stuff with the other two kids, lol! :p

Not much else new. Almost done with the blankie. Should have it finished and ready for picture taking by this weekend. :D

Shelda14
08-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi Ladies -

Congrats to everyone finding out the sex..I'm still holding out until I can hold the little bugger.

As far as $$ issues, I'm getting paid for the first part of my leave, only because I'm not taking any time off the whole year. I'm taking 8 weeks off so I have about 5 weeks unpaid. I plan on buying extra groceries, dog food and such ahead of time to cut the grocery bill and we're saving like crazy. I should have enough but we'll still be pinching pennies!

Oh weight gain....I'm at 10 lbs so far and 4 of them were in the past two weeks. I only take the weight from the dr office so I won't know again until the end of August! I lost weight before getting pregnant so it's really hard to take in. I'm trying to eat well, and exercise but even walking is starting to get harder...I'm definitely walking slower!!

JE1014
08-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi all!

Thanks for all the advice on the car seats! So much research to be done! I bought both the consumer reports baby book and the baby bargains book by denise & alan fields. The baby bargains book has many more reviews in it, so I'm finding myself relying on it more than CR.

On the weight topic....... last month I gained 6 lbs. Since my last appt 3 weeks ago now, I've lost 1 lb! (But I'm still up a total of 15 lbs from prepreg) I'm trying not to be worried about it, as my midwife was a little surprised to see 6lbs last month and warned me I'd be in bad shape if I did that every month. Baby's moving even more than ever, so I'm not freaking out yet, but I'm just not hungry like I was earlier in the pregnancy and I've been trying hard to make better food choices and eat smaller portion sizes. Anyone else ever lost some weight this far into a pregnancy?

Yeah for Mary's girl & Eliza's boy! Shelda - can't believe you're able to hold off! I'd die of curiosity.

Is everyone having braxton hicks by now? I still don't think I've felt a single one!!

MaryFaith
08-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Thank you all…..

Congrats to all the ladies who have found out the sex & for those who are holding up on it until delivery, stay strong :)

rjsmama, I found some really cute beddings at babysupermall.com they are a little pricey, but they have such nice collections for different themes

so I went to macy's today with hubby....I told myself I would not buy anything, but the temptation was too strong.....I ended buying a set of 3 outfits :D

also my pants were getting to snug on me & so I bought 2 maternity pants...I just wish they had more variety

Meggiejen
08-06-2010, 05:35 AM
Haha lots of us 'upgrading' our wardrobes this week. I had to go get new pants the other day. I have been wearing full panel maternity pants since 16 wks i think. I hit up old navy too!! Got another pair of full panel denim capris and a pair of low rise khaki capris and a bigger shirt. I had to go up a size unfortunately :( My rear end and thighs are growing right along with my belly. My belly is definitely growing more though, I am just about out grown my t-shirts and even a couple smaller sized maternity tops. Still not as big as I thought I would be at this point though. I think its the little ladies positions though, I think they are making me wider. Or at least I am going to blame them for it rather than my sweet tooth :p

Adjusted the diet this week. Trying to curb some of the unnecessary weight gain. Trying to be more active too. Emphasis on the trying part.

We started the closet this week!! I am so excited. We managed to get it framed and drywalled. It looks so cool!! My dad and DH worked their butts off and its awesome. Its costing a little more than I had anticipated but its worth it in the end. That room didnt have a closet before so its added value to our home. Which we can certainly use in this market.

I get to do my lovely GT next week. Gotta call for the particulars and see if I need to fast and all that good stuff. Not looking forward to it, blech!

Meagan

Meggiejen
08-06-2010, 05:36 AM
OMG i just saw my ticker!! Under 100 days!! Holy crap!

Meagan

honey19
08-06-2010, 10:05 AM
yay for under 100 days meggie!

Mary congrats on team pink! I love having a little girl :)

You girls are all reminding me that it is about time to think about adding to my maternity wardrobe. i bought almost nothing with DD because I didn't show for a long time and then I had a summer baby so I just wore extra long tank tops and yoga pants (I was in grad school and working from home). Having a winter baby now and working, I can't get away with that

re: pregnancy weight gain can be so frustrating! with dd I didn't gain anything until 16 weeks then barely any through 2nd tri and 3rd tri it was like 5lbs a week! this time I started right away....

Wellsv
08-06-2010, 10:52 AM
I had my 16 week check up yesterday. I don't get to have my u/s and find out until I'm almost 21 weeks. Apparently lots of people had already booked theirs for right around Labor Day. I am up a total of 5 pounds so far, which is pretty good. But, with DS, I gained 9 by 20 weeks, and then packed on 30 more in the last 20 weeks. So, I think I need to be a bit more careful. Pizza and cheese curds are NOT my friends.

On the issue of maternity wear - I am SUPER short (just under 5'), so even petite stuff is usually a little long for me. Anyone know of a good and not that expensive place to get petite maternity wear?

MaryFaith
08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
meggie U are eating for two so don't feel guilty : )

thanks honey!

As far as weight gain, I've always been heavy set (since graduating college)
I'm 5ft 7 & before pregnancy I weighed 203lbs & now I'm 207lbs.......the future weight gain is a little intimitating, especially when it comes time to lose it........at the hospital where I work, they give weekly nsts for BMI considered "obese" for ladies who are above 32 weeks so in a way it is an advantage.......

knutfugget
08-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Mary I think the weight stuff is hard for most people to handle, regardless of where you start out. I've been struggling with it a lot lately. I'm trying very hard to remind myself this is all for a very good cause, and the weight WILL come off again. :)

Wells I'm 5'8" so I'm little help there, lol. I know Old Navy has a "short" option for inseam on pants. Not sure what that measures, but you could check their website.

Meggie Congrats on being under 100 days! :D On the GT, I did have to fast for mine, and will be fasting for the one I'm doing on Sept 1st.

JE I lost 1 lb late in pregnancy with Hailey when I switched to a lower carb diet.

Shelda I'm noticing working out is getting harder, too. I can't do half the things I used to do or I feel sore or start getting BH really bad. It's hard to deal with watching the scale go up and not being able to do a whole lot about it, lol. :p

I'm excited about hitting 24 weeks. Only a few more weeks and we're 3rd Tri! And less than 3 months now until we're full-term! :D

I finished the blankie last night! :) It's nice to have it done, but I'll miss working on it.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs120.ash2/39354_1463814568405_1624723732_1146894_2722675_n.j pg
I made a little one for traveling (the other kids have one, too) and the big one for snuggling. :)

Wellsv
08-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Knut - beautiful!

MaryFaith
08-06-2010, 08:21 PM
knut, those blankets are adorable ;)

blondie
08-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Mary-Yay:) for a girl!-I knew it!

JE-after much researching and looking/waiting for new models, we made our decision about stroller/car seat. For stroller we had it narrowed down to peg perego switch (you can take the whole seat off and use just frame with car seat and toddler seat is reversible) or Uppa baby vista (also has frame only with car seat, reversable toddler seat up to 55lbs--PLUS bassinett, and can add rumble seat below toddler for two kids later on)--then the sales lady said if you like the uppa wait to see the new britax b ready-so a few weeks ago we went back when they got the b ready in and reviewed all 3 and decided on the britax b ready. It's basically the same patent as uppa but improved upon (has removable/reversible toodler seat to 55lbs, bassinet, BUT lower/2nd seat you can put a car seat there-so possible for two car seats at once, or the toddler seat).
I was pretty much set on peg perego car seat all along (b/c of one of the best side impact cushoins and fab colors)-but when we decided on britax stroller we looked at the britax car seat (new colors will come out later this month to match b ready!)--sales lady said the peg and britax have the best/most side impact protection and should be easier to fit in middle position in back-so we'll do the britax car seat now and it'll all be "matchy/matchy" :)
Good luck!

flutter
08-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Hope everyone in the states is having a wonderful Saturday morning!

Congrats MaryFaith on your little girl!!
Congrats Eliza on your little boy!! Let me know what your due date is and I will add you to the prego board!

Happy for both of you :)

Christina
I hope you're feeling better after you bout of braxton hicks :(

Knut
the blankets are SO cute!! You're really talented!

Wells
Motherhood Maternity has petite maternity pants. I accidentally got a pair the other day. they're ALMOST too short for me, but I'm keeping them b/c the stretchy belly makes them tolerable. I'm 5'5 though so I don't really know how much they will help you :( Like someone else said, Old Navy also has short. I haven't been impressed by what they keep in stock in the few stores that carry maternity. They do have a lot of stuff online though.

Meggie
I have my GTT this week too... On Friday. I've been worried about it since we scheduled it. I have to get up at 6:30am and eat breakfast then drink the stuff at 7:30 and be at the OB's office by 8:30 for bloodwork. She wanted me to have breakfast, but it has to be an hour before i drink it. Good luck on yours this week!

On Weight gain, since i went off of met my weight has gone nuts i think i was up 5 lbs in 2 weeks the last time i checked. it was too depressing so I stopped checking. i'm going back on it as soon as i have my gtt. I do NOT need to gain anything this pregnancy. they haven't said anything to me about it, but starting out overweight, the research i've done says that the most i should gain is around 15 lbs. i've already gained that. :( I'm completely screwed in the 3rd trimester at this point.

Woo hoo, I'm under 100 days too!!! I can't believe how fast everything is going now! I have so much left to do still :( the third trimester is just around the corner for most of us!

honey19
08-08-2010, 03:24 PM
flutter, yay for being under a 100 days! what a great feeling ;)

good luck to all you girls doing your gtt's. the rest of us will be doing it soon too

yay on deciding on a car seat etc blondie. how exciting!

knut, I love your blankies. I wish I were that talented

MaryFaith
08-08-2010, 09:21 PM
thanks flutter & blondie... :)

hope every1 is doing well

Christina M
08-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Well spent my first afternoon in Labor and delivery. Very uneventful except I got to listen to baby girl flip around for an hr. I have been having a lot of braxton hicks but today I was having severe back pain....where I could hardly walk....so I called L&D to see what I could do and the nurse wanted me to come in to be monitored. So we went in and the monitored me for an hr. LOL funniest part was I had been having braxton hicks all morning and when I lay down Im fine, you know they monitor you laying down haha so I didnt have any significant contractions in the hr I was there. Several small ones but thats all. I was put on pelvic rest, told to rest more often, drink more fluids and not lift much ( HAHAHA I have a 2 yr old!!!) Home now and trying to rest up since DH leaves tues for a month :(

Hope you all had a great weekend and Ill catch up on personals later. Nite!

pjs3902
08-09-2010, 08:32 AM
christina- no fun on being in L&D! but it's always great to hear baby! i know what you mean about bedrest-- the two wks i was on full bedrest dd was only 13months... yeah right! hope you were able to get some sleep!!

rjsmamma
08-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Christina- welcome to the pelvic rest club...lets just say it sucks, but its for the good of the baby so its justified. I hope you feel better soon. I have been on it for well over a month now and I cant wait to make up for this "lost time" after this LO is here. Hopefully you get some much needed rest before DH leaves.

Then there is me....OK Ladies, after several nights in a row of not sleeping well I figured I would ask you all....

How do you sleep at night????

Do you use a body pillow???? Or a bunch of pillows????

I am miserable. I have several pillows, large and small, and nothing is working. I am thinking of biting the bullet and purchasing a body pillow. Does any one have any recommendations or advice when getting one, or if I should even get one???

I have always been a tummy sleeper so side sleeping has been a challenge from the start. I do find that I can get more comfortable on my back propped up, like on the couch, but sleeping like that all night has yet to happen.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance ladies

Shelda14
08-09-2010, 06:00 PM
rj - I'm not much of side sleeper or tummy but I was getting back aches laying on my back. I have one really thick firm pillow for my head then just in front of that a thinner pillow so I'm somewhat on a slight incline. I've been sleeping great now!!

tiffany712
08-09-2010, 06:58 PM
rj-the hubs bought me the pg boppy pillow early on. i love it. i sleep with it and 4 other pillows every night. i have to be surrounded by pillows in order for me to sleep. im a right side sleeper but i find it easier on the left, even though i still end up on my tummy at times. its really hard to lay on my back unless im propped up.

sorry ive been some what MIA. i read the site everyday but i dont post often. i went to the ob a few wks ago, ive been having hell when i brush my teeth. it had gotten to the point where i cant even look at my toothbrush without throwing up. he told me to quit brushing with toothpaste and just use water. its so gross. but we have a really good toothbrush so i guess it does the job. i use lots of scope but i still gag.
we go to the high risk dr. next monday. hopefully i can get off pelvic rest. we have been on it since we got our BFP. we are also getting the 3d/4d u/s this friday. they have it to where you can get a dvd of the visit so since the hubs wont be with me i dont want to find out. we will watch it together when he gets home from work that day. then later that night we are having a dinner party for the grandparents and great grandparents. everyone is really excited.

i hope everyone has a wonderful week. :)

MaryFaith
08-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Christina, I never been pregnant so I have no idea what Braxton hicks feels like…..I think I’ve been having ligaments pains & they happen when I’m usually working my 12 hr shifts…..It feels like dull pain around my ovary.

Rjsmamma, sleeping for me is ok, but I’m not looking forward to the discomfort that comes along with having a big belly. I use to be a tummy sleeper, but I make myself sleep on my side or back.

Tiffany, oh my gosh I thought I was the only one…..honestly I stopped using toothpaste and have stuck to water…..I feel bad for my husband…..It is so severe that smelling it make me gag, nonetheless having it in my mouth……I also gag when washing my face with soap & have vomited at least 7 times in my sink while trying to wash my face

MaryFaith
08-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Tomorrow I have an appointment with my ob…..I do have a lot of questions in regards to when I’ll get a complete ob ultrasound, when will I get my GDM test (since pcos pts are more likely to develop it) & the results of my 18 wk blood test…..not looking forward to shaving my legs & having my husband shave the unreachable :(

JE1014
08-09-2010, 11:35 PM
RJ - My sleeping issues are the hardest part of the pregnancy for me. I have had for mild carpal tunnel syndrome for several years that only bothered me when I did things like drying my hair, but ever since about 10 weeks, it's gotten really bad, particularly at night - my arms go numb to the point that they hurt! I can't put my arms anywhere but at my sides, which isn't very comfortable when you're trying to sleep on your sides and share a queen size bed. My hips and legs also ache, sometimes so bad I have to get up and walk around the house to shake the pain. My best hours of sleep come when my DH gets out of bed at 4:45 AM and I can steal his pillow to prop behind my back, and then sleep in the middle of the bed with a wedge pillow under my belly, a pillow folded in between my knees and my arms stretched out at my sides. It takes me 5 minutes to re-situate all the pillows when I flip to my other side!

Christina - Stinks to have a trip to L&D so early! I'm still baffled by the idea of BH so early. I don't think I've had any yet, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing! I think they'll probably freak me out when they start. Glad your 'lil girl looks good otherwise!

Mary Faith - I am thinking about giving up leg shaving except for seriously special occasions...I can still reach, but it's far from comfortable.... I did my GD 3 hour test last week and am happy to say that I passed! (was nervous after failing the 1 hour challenge)

Knut - adorable blankets. I quilt, but just haven't been able to bring myself to start something for the baby, which makes me feel like a bad mom already. Guess I'm hoping that grandma (who also quilts) is going to take care of that for us!)

For all those with upcoming apts & glucose tests, good luck! For all those worried about the weight - I'm with you! Just eat healthy.....that's going to be all that you can do.

AFM, ordered my crib & dresser tonight! So excited that's done! Time to turn my sewing room into the baby's room, so that furniture has someplace to go! We're swapping like 3 different rooms so there's plenty of work to be done in the coming weeks. Except for the sleeping challenges, I've been feeling really good and baby girl is keeping me entertained with all her dancing.

Hope everyone is staying cool. The heat and humidity around Chicagoland is killing me! Thank god it'll be cold by the time I'm ready to pop!

knutfugget
08-10-2010, 12:13 AM
JE I wish I knew how to quilt! I keep meaning to learn, but there's nobody to teach me, lol. And it doesn't make you a bad mom not to have started one for the baby. There are plenty of years for that. ;) It's hard to have ANY energy some days, let alone enough to plan and make something like that, lol.

Woohoo for ordering stuff! Don't forget pics for all of us to oogle. :D

Mary Good luck with the appt and the shaving. ;) I've pretty much given up the unreachable without help of a mirror, lol! :p

rj I use a ton of pillows, and DH, lol. He makes for good leaning on or a good arm rest.

Christina So glad it's just water and rest needed! I've been having the same problem. I had to start keeping track of water on my schedule board. Shooting for 80 oz a day now and it's been keeping the contractions at bay. It's so scary when they start coming hard and fast this early on. These girls need to bake longer!

flutter Yay for being under 100 days! :D

I am craving chocolate SO bad lately. :( Worried about GD. I have my 3 hr GTT on Sept 1st, so not much longer til we find out. I still have my testing stuff leftover from Hailey, so I can random test at home and get an idea if it's going bad. I really don't want to deal with the increased risks of GD again... Hoping it's just regular preggo craving, but it's all carbs, all the time. Going to be awesome for my weight gain if I can't resist. :p

Meggiejen
08-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Hope everyone is doing well.

Christina - sorry to hear about the trip to L&D but glad that it worked out ok with some water and extra rest.

Knut - that blanket is so cute!!! I wish I could knit or crochet. I have tried a few times but lack patience lol. I so wish I was crafty but am far from it. LOL I am crafty in my dreams though, I had a dream I built doll houses the other day. LOL prego dreams are bizzare sometimes.

Rj -I feel you on the sleep thing. I love sleep and I have been sleeping horribly for weeks. I got a body pillow at target for like $12. I took the cover off because its like microfiber and too warm but I LOVE the pillow. I am more a stomach sleeper than side sleeper as well. I use the body pillow as a 'hug' pillow and kind of prop it under my belly and between my knees, I have another regular pillow I try and tuck behind my back and I try and use 2 head pillows to keep my upper half up (thank you refulx). The down side is every time I turn over I have to redo my set up, but its gotten quick now. And turning over is an event anyway, never thought it would take so much effort to roll over.

Tiffany - sorry about the gagging. I did that every time I brushed my teeth in the first tri and beginning of the 2nd. It was more from actually brushing than toothpaste though, horrible horrible gag reflex. I hope it tones down for you. Good luck at the doctor. I hope they let you off your restrictions. And yay for the ultrasound!!! That sounds like a really nice plan with the dinner.

MaryFaith- haha on the shaving. My dh said he'd shave my legs for me. LOL not sure how I really feel about that. Im scared he will either cut me or do a terrible job. LMAO on the unreachable. I tried to take care of that the other day with a mirror. Dh kindly informed me that I missed a spot. LOL oh well, I can't see it, so it doesn't bother me.

Je- yay for furniture!!!! Good luck on all the room swapping. Its a pain in the butt but gives you a good opportunity to declutter if you want to. We donated so much stuff I couldn't believe it. Just from switching 2 rooms.

AFM - almost went to L&D a couple weeks ago. I was at work and started getting strong BH like 10 mins apart for about 2 hrs. They would continue even when I was sitting or drinking (can't lay down at work). They slowed down a ton though so I didn't go. Got yelled at by the triage nurse for not going in when I called the next morning about it. But its not that simple if I am work. Im a nurse and work at a hospital so if anything really goes wrong im in a good place. But I can't just get up and leave, someone else has to take responsibility for my patients. And there is no way they would let me back on the floor if I went, so I really have to pick and choose. My paycheck is too important right now to get restricted for a non issue and I don't get disability and when I am off its without pay. Turns out I had a yeast infection and that was causing the problems. So all better now. Just leason learned. I knew I had something going on but didn't call because I had an appointment that friday and was just going to wait till then. Next time I will just call. Other than that excitement we are all good. Had a growth scan last week and the little ladies are measuring almost right on the curve, with very little difference between them, so docs are all happy. They changed positions again for the billionth time. I am not feeling them move as much but I know one must be facing like into my body because I feel kicks and movement in the absolute strangest of places now. I swear they are stacked right now too. They were side by side so I was just looking wide. Then literally over night my sticks out ridiculously. My shirts aren't covering the bottom of my belly anymore lol. Not sexy.

Sorry for the novel lol. Its off to troll some more forums and hit the sack. Got my GTT bright and early tomorrow. Oh hooray hooray :p

Meagan

MaryFaith
08-10-2010, 12:43 PM
JE1014, congrats in passing my GD 3 hr test…….that must be a huge relief……the worst part of living in illinois is going inside the car & waiting for it to cool down…..I feel like I’m in an oven.

Knutfugget, I’ve tried the mirror before, but it is still much easier to have the hubs go down there. :D Good luck with the 3 hr gtt

Meggie, once I tried shaving the golden temple without a mirror & hub’s eyes & as I came out the shower I decided to sneak a peak by putting the mirror on the floor & my gosh I had landing strips all over….by the time it was too late because I was already running late……I hear U about being a nurse….I work L & D & there was a day were I had 2 deliveries back to back & suddenly my sides were hurting & I broke down crying because I was thinking the worst……in our occupation we are always running around & sometimes we move heavy loads so I try to ask for help….you are carrying twins & I can’t imagine how hard that is, but what a blessing :)

My appointment is for 3:00 pm, even though they’ll make me wait an hour before seeing the doc…..I got my 18 week blood test via phone message & everything is ok……Take care of yourselves ladies & of course the precious miracles.

pugmom74
08-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Oh Jen, I hear ya on the Chicagoland weather. I'm in the south suburbs... it's NASTY. I also have carpel tunnel, but it's pregnancy induced. I had it with baby #3 (which was my first pregnancy), but only had it for the last 4-5 weeks of pregnancy. With this pregnancy it's already starting. It HORRIBLE. I can't sleep well at all either.

pjs3902
08-12-2010, 01:04 PM
rjs- i used the preggo boppy with dd#1 and loved it... pulled it back out for this one-- not so much. i just have 3 full size pillows and a smaller one.

RE: shaving- i agree JE- just save it for extra special occasions! I will not be shaving again until the day before we have our baby!

congrats to all the momma's that will be moving to the 3rd tri super soon!!! i'll see you over there!

flutter
08-13-2010, 06:45 AM
tiffany
i feel so sorry for you about the toothpaste thing. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't brush my teeth with mint... It makes me feel so much better every morning. I hope it improves now that you're in the 2nd tri!

mary
hope you had a good appointment!

JE
Yay for ordering furniture! can't wait to see how your nursery turns out :) I hear you on the humidity. This kentucky summer is about to kill me!! Soooo ready for fall which is my favorite anyway!

knut
I really hope you're wrong about craving chocolate being a sign of GD :( I've been craving sweets sinc eI went off of my met, but I assumed it was b/c I went off of it. I plan to go back on it tonight!

Meggie
You should post some picks on the bump thread! I bet you're super cute!! I hope you passed you GTT!!

Well today is Friday the 13th which is usually a lucky day for me. I was born on Friday the 13th. I'm due on my bday (not a friday this year)... My mom was born on the 13th as were my grandmother and MIL. I'm hoping that all of this adds up to me passing this test this morning! Wish me luck!! I've been dreading the GTT since I got pregnant. I just hope that everything is okay :) Hope everyone has had a great week!!

tiffany712
08-13-2010, 02:27 PM
today is the day of my big u/s!!! ill post it up later tonight. im soo excited!!!

flutter
08-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Good luck Tiffany!!! Can't wait to hear how it went!

AFM FAILED :( I expected to though so I'm not taking it too hard. I actually didn't fail by much. my OB wants between 135-140 and I got 148. I had a total melt down before the bloodwork b/c the girls at the front desk were total jerks b/c someone mis-scheduled me AGAIN. At any rate my dr was great and took lots of time with me b/c i was still upset. She said she would have to clear it with their diabetes nurse, but that it was possible that if I didn't fail it horribly since i am already planning to go back on my Met tonight they would just skip the 3 hr test and let me manage it with diet and Met. Not sure if that means i'll need to be testing my sugar on a regular basis or not yet. hopefully i'll know something by next week. I'm measuring 30 wks right now so i have to have another u/s in 2 weeks to make sure that everything's going well and there isn't too much fluid. I had gained 11 lbs in a month which i was already freaking out about. My OB wasn't too worried about it though since she knew i had stopped my met exactly a month ago. we both agreed that going back on it was best for everyone involved. She cleared me to start hiking again which i'm excited about, no bleeding in a month! My bp was 112/78 and baby's hb was in the 140's.

I'll be in the 3rd tri on Sunday! Can't believe it! I have one more appointment and then I start going every-other-week!

Shelda14
08-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi Guys - sorry I've been MIA and I don't have much time for personals but I wanted to update everyone!!

Well I saw the baby move for the first time yesterday! DH can finally feel the baby move as well!!

DH started painting the nursery today. He started with the ceiling...we're painting it blue and sponge painting white clouds...so far so good! I can't wait until were finished!!

knutfugget
08-13-2010, 06:06 PM
flutter Sorry about the fail. :( To be on the safe side, I WOULD be monitoring your sugar levels. Going on the Met should help keep them stable, but if it's not, you'll want to know about it asap. I managed to keep my gd under control with Met and diet with Hailey, so it can happen. Best of luck! :)

I've got my 3 hr test coming up and I'm dreading it. :( Been random testing my levels at home, and they're all fine, so at least I know I can manage it with Met and diet for now. :)

tiff Good luck! :)

tiffany712
08-13-2010, 06:31 PM
We will be welcoming Veston Price in January!!!

We couldn't happier!!!

JE1014
08-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Congrats Tiffany! Yippe!

Flutter - don't fret too much. I failed the GTT by a few pts too. I did take the 3 hour, and believe it or not, it wasn't that hard to manage the fasting and the waiting of the test (but there isn't any talk of me going back on the met, so it was important that I had it done). But I passed that with flying colors. I don't know why they don't have moms fast a little or at least limit what they eat prior to that GTT....that seems to have a great effect on it. My midwife said it was very common to fail the 1 hour but pass the 3 hour.

I saw my midwife for my regular appointment yesterday. Everything looks good. Baby girl's HB is somewhere in the 150s and she's really been working on her kung fu kicks the last few days. Apparently she's spending a lot of time toning those leg muscles and she uses them for what my DH calls "Operation Pummel Mommy".

So interestingly, when not pregnant, I have genetically chronically high blood pressure (had it since I was 21 and stick thin!)- well, pregnancy seems to have helped that and my pressures have been lower than they've ever been in the last few months (I credit my acupuncturist, but my midwife says pregnancy can do that). Because of the HBP, I'll get more frequent US and NSTs in the last 10 weeks.....guess I can't complain about that as long as the HBP stays down!!

Happy weekend girls! Another hot one in the midwest...stay hydrated!!!

Meggiejen
08-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Congrats tiffany!!!

Flutter - sorry to hear about the fail. Before I even scheduled mine I told my doctor I didn't want to do the 3hr if I failed the 1hr. I just asked if we could call a fail a fail and just manage from there. She had no problem with it. I just had no interest in drinking that gunk and waiting around for 3hrs fasting. The 1 hr was hard enough. Id rather just deal with things and move on than keep testing.

AFM - I actually passed my GTT. I was not a happy camper after that glucose drink though. It didn't taste bad at all, but UGH. Such a migraine after and I felt terrible for the rest of the day. The 1 hr wait was horrible, I was starving and thirsty and so light headed from it. My doctor actually called me skinny at my last appointment which made me feel good. Especially since the nurse 2 weeks earlier told me I was gaining 'way too much weight.' She also only dopplered 1 baby. She totally forgot it was twins and didn't catch it till the end. Fortunately I was only seeing her because I needed an antibiotic to get the BH to stop. The babies were both frank breech this time. They were transverse breech last time and head down the time before. LOL at least they do things together. I am anemic, more so than the last time I had it tested, which I knew. So I am back to taking my iron at least 2 times a day. Blech. But I am definitely needing it, I am totally craving ice which is not the best thing. I will literally sit down with a cup of ice and eat it because its SOOOO good. Our new closet is almost done!!! Just needs texture, shelves and paint. It looks so awesome!!! I never thought id be this excited about a closet. The rest of this month is shaping up to be very busy. We have CPR class on Sunday. I hired a cpr instructor to come to the house and teach the families CPR. I won't them watch the kids unsupervised unless they know it. Maybe a little over protective but between SIDS and choking and kids just put everything in their mouths. I want the fam's to know it.

Sorry for the novel!!! I finally posted on the show your glow thread >.<

Meagan

MaryFaith
08-14-2010, 01:00 PM
CONGRATS tiffany!

Flutter, I’m sorry about failing the test, I’m dreading it myself…….With the girls messing up your appointment, I’ve already been canceled twice……first time around my primary OB had a family issue so of course I can’t hold it against the doctor, but I was upset that the other 2 doctors could not squeeze me in (since they are a group & take turns being on call). Another time they canceled because my OB had to do 2 deliveries & instead of squeezing me in, they canceled again. I don’t feel like they care about their patients. I’m glad that your provider is understanding. CONGRATS on you 3rd trim (you are almost there)

Hope everyone is doing well……

My last appointment, I left office feeling uncomfortable……That day I met one of the other OB’s that might be delivering me. First of all she did not measure my fundal height…..when I was asking her questions, she would answer me very quickly & I felt that her answers were short & incomplete….I asked about the glucola test & she said I can have it done at 22 wks and then I asked her would they do another test at 28-29 weeks and she said NO (she didn’t even explain her no)….all she wanted to do was kick me out of there in 5 minutes (my appointment felt like 5 minutes (not putting into consideration that it took her 20 minutes to find the baby’s heart via doppler….. Well I was tense leaving the appointment, I went on the internet to do my own research, plus I asked the OB physicians at my work. They told me they could have had an early screening since I have risk factors-pcos, my BMI, family history of diabetes & that they need to do another glucola test later in my pregnancy . Glucola tests are done at 24-28 wks & this lady wanted me to do one at 22wks & not repeat it if I passed…..first of all pregnancy hormones really start to kick in at 24-28 wks….I wanted an early screening, but at the same time just because I pass does not mean I won’t develop it when my pregnancy hormones really kick in……so the next day while I was at work I called the office & said I wanted to talk to my main ob & this time he was on vacation. GUESS who called me back (the same DR that I felt was incompetent) On the phone she completely denied that she told me that…….At work my coworkers were like why don’t you look up her credentials. I went on a government website to look her license up & once again another SHOCKER (she had been disciplined before) maybe someone sued her for a bad outcome. Anyways sorry for the essay, but I really needed to vent….now the task of finding a new group.

pugmom74
08-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Ok Mary, where do you live? Who are your OB's? I live in IL too and I'm just wondering... if you don't want to post it here, just send me a PM. Sorry that this woman seems like a complete moron. I hope you can find someone you feel more comfortable with! I love my docs. I like in the south suburbs of Chicago.

Congrats Tiffany!!! Boys are a riot!

tiffany712
08-14-2010, 08:05 PM
thanks girls!

mary--im sorry youre having such a hard time with your dr. it makes me happy that mine isnt in a group.

when we went to sneak a peek the other day i had a dr. pepper so the baby would be moving around and boy did he ever! he was showing the goods any chance he could. and then in the middle of everything he thought it would be fun to lay on his back and play with his toes for the rest of the u/s. he was kicking himself in the face and yanking on his cord! which makes me freak out because im already having dreams that hes flipfloping around in there and getting it around his neck. now i have to worry about him pulling it out..(lol i know he cant). this child of mine..i tell ya. haha. just wanted to share with you girls. hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

MaryFaith
08-15-2010, 01:07 PM
This is my first pregnancy so I don't know what it feels like when your baby moves......I'm still waiting & wondering when my little girl is going to ninja chop me :p

Sometimes I hear noises like that of your stomach or intestines, but I'm not sure if that is the baby.

Shelda14
08-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Mary - you should start to feel the baby real soon. I'm a few weeks ahead of you in the last two weeks I've really felt him/her. I can even see it sometimes. DH just felt it for the first time last week. To me, it just feels like bubbles popping on the top of a pond, if that makes any sense at all!

Tiff - Isn't it so cool to watch the baby on the ultrasound....One that we had the little one was playing peek a boo the whole time!

pugmom74
08-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Mary-- you have probably already felt the baby move but just didn't know it. It's hard to decipher during that first pregnancy. I felt the baby move in my first pregnancy around 17 weeks and at 15 wks. 6 days with this one. Actually the little bugger has been VERY active today!

MaryFaith
08-15-2010, 09:53 PM
shelda I'm just so excited.....can't wait

pugmom, you are right, but like U said I just don't know it

flutter
08-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the support everyone :) Hopefully I'll get the news that i don't have to do the 3hr test this week.

Congrats Tiffany! So happy for you! love the name too!

Knut
I would prefer to keep tabs on my sugar levels, but I don't actually have a machine so I'm not sure I'll be able to convince my OB that I need one if she doesn't think I do. Hopefully it won't be a big deal and she'll just give me the prescription! I hope your 3 hr goes well. Since you've been keeping up with your exercise routine, I'm sure you'll do great.

JE
I ended up having just purely protein for breakfast. I thought that would actually help with my results since the protein should have helped balance out the sugar. I'm glad you passed your 3 hr! That's also really great news about your HBP while pregnant!

Meggie
so glad you passed your GTT!! That's great! You look fantastic too so super cute :) I ended up with a migraine from the test too. I really hope I don't have to repeat with the 3 hr. That's awesome that you're having everyone learn CPR.

Mary
That's so ridiculous about your OB office! I had decided if this appointment didn't go really well I was switching doctors. the last time they didn't know who i was and asked me when my last period was... they also asked me if i was a new patient and told me that i wasn't there to see my OB even after they had rescheduled my appointment a couple of times already. SO annoying. Finally she started reading my chart and realized what a moron she was. I hope you find someone that you really like. It's hard to find actual personal care now. really sad.

On movement, I started feeling her move around 15 weeks... I would spend a little time each night laying in bed focusing on it and eventually i started noticing the little flutters. then sometimes it would feel like she was stretching from the inside. felt really strange... Now it feels a lot like a muscle spasm on the inside when she kicks... It's soooo cool. I've gotten a few bladder kicks though and although they don't hurt, they aren't fun b/c you feel like you're going to pee yourself lol

Shelda14
08-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Flutter - I get the bladder kicks too! The girls at work laughed at me because the first time was there and I almost freaked out...I make myself go to the bathroom more often now just in case...DH got a really good show last night. Usually he'll try to feel and the baby stops moving, last night I swear the baby was showing off. It was good because he's only felt the baby a couple of times.

Meggiejen
08-16-2010, 10:58 AM
I think I need to start posting on the 3rd tri here too now. Woohoo!!

Well just getting settled back home after our long night in L&D triage :P I was wanting to schedule a hospital tour here soon but got an impromptu one about midnight last night. I had been having pretty regular BH all day. Not more than the 5 or 6 an hour but at least 3 or 4 for the entire day. Napping, lots of water, lying on my left side, the whole deal didn't change it. So the triage nurse told me to go in so I did. Bought myself lots of time on the monitor, a shot of terb because I was definitely contracting and the babies got a biophysical profile because they couldn't keep them both on the monitors long enough. They both passed with flying colors right away. My FFN came back negative thank goodness. But they said I was dilated to 1cm and my cervix was 'short' I think she said 50% but I was stuck on the 1cm. Not happy about that at all since 2 weeks ago it was closed and my cervix was 4.2 cm. Almost got myself admitted, but they let me go with the promise that I see my OB in the next 1 or 2 days. And basically bed rest till told otherwise. So just killing time at the moment till the office opens and I can make an appointment. I have a feeling I won't be back to work, at least not on the floor till after the babies arrive. Hopefully I will be able to do light duty and this doesn't mean bed rest beyond this week. On the plus side these wonderful contractions don't hurt at all. Just awkward. I blame my OB for this. She jinxed me. She told me last week she hoped I had 3 or 4 more sets of twins because I 'am so easy' lol.

Meagan

honey19
08-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Congrats Tiffany!

Mary, everyone feels the baby at different times. The thinner you are, typically you feel it sooner. Sometimes extra fluff hides the kicks. It also depends where your placenta is. It can be in the way and make it hard to feel baby. During your first pregnancy you might chalk the movement up to gas, but you will feel it soon enough! as for your appt, I HATE it when they rush you and kick you out. I always request someone else when that happens. You deserve good treatment! I am sorry you had to deal with that.

I don't have time to catch up with everyone, so I hope you are all doing well! Things are going great here...just chugging along...

JE1014
08-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Mary - I first felt something at 14 weeks, and it was only when I was in bed at night and it was barely there but I was sure it wasn't gas. If I hadn't been paying attention so hard, I would have missed it. Movement started to become un-missable at about 20 weeks and continues to get stronger every day. Now I have some extra weight, and an anterior placenta so they told me not to expect to feel anything until 24 weeks, so I was shocked when I first noticed it (actually, I was frightened that something was wrong....ha!). But everyone is different, and it's highly possible you just don't realize that what you've felt is baby moving. Most of what I feel I would call "ticks" - like involuntary muscle movements in spots you've never felt them before.

Flutter - crossing my fingers for you. Even if you have to do the 3 hr, you'll survive it. I think I made it through mine because I drank a lot of water and stayed well hydrated. I was surprised they let me, but I guess water is okay.

Okay ladies, one quick question.... I've finally started the baby registry. I actually started it on Amazon.com (I love the fact that you can add things from other websites not on Amazon with the "Universal Wish list" button) I was originally going to do the amazon.com one and a babys r us one, but now I'm thinking about not even doing one at babys r us. I remember being a non-mom and getting so overwhelmed anytime I had to buy a gift at a baby store (maybe it was just me)....and anything that I might not be able to find anywhere but babys r us, I can add via the universal wish list off BRU website anyway. Do you think this is a bad idea not to have one where people can walk into the store and print it out?

blondie
08-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Congrats Mel and Tiffany on a great US !

Mary-Hi! I felt movement the first time at 15 weeks-it was while I was lying on couch talking on phone-not a flutter as much as just a little kick-and was way to low to be gas!
Sorry about the OB-I've been not too happy with mine either-the last 3 appts he's been in/out within a few minutes-don't know if it's b/c I'm in middle of preg. and not much going on or he thinks he doesn't need to spend time with me??? Good luck!

JE-I really didn't want to register at basbiesrus either-but I did most of it online and kept finding things to add-even a few decor pieces, etc. and the bouncer/swing and bassinett I wanted was there. I don't think it'd keep people from ordering there--actually since I live away from most of family/friends most people have ordered online to my registries and have it shipped. There is one advantage to doing a seperate registry to both babies rus and target--towards the end of your pregnancy they'll send you a coupon for 10% off anything left on your registry--so you can complete things you still need. I ended up with 4 registries total (but I think I needed that many b/c I have 4 showers)--and some people still get things/clothes that they want to get and aren't on registry. Good luck!

knutfugget
08-17-2010, 12:41 PM
JE In my experience, NOBODY buys off the registry. It's more of the parents' list of things that you need to get... I liked having Babies "R" Us registries for the coupons and sales notices. :)

Meggie Take it easy!

flutter Hope you can get a monitor without too much trouble! The supplies can be pricey, but it's definitely nice to be able to check your sugar if you feel "off" and know that things are ok.

Not a lot new here. Working on trying to balance exercise, nesting urges and not getting BH, lol. Drinking lots of water and trying to take breaks. Feels good to be getting things done, but there's so much left to do! Starting to panic a little with 3rd tri around the corner. Suddenly feels like we're running out of time, lol.

minipie
08-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Hi all! I have been SUPER busy the last couple weeks (hence being MIA), but since I am entering the last week of the second trimester (!!) I thought I would check in. Unfortunately I think it will be impossible for me to catch up on personals...

Just wanted to chime in regarding the registries. I had my baby shower on Sunday and I got tons of stuff from my registry, so people do sometimes buy stuff from it. I'm back in the US visiting my family for two weeks and since I live in Germany I picked out mostly clothes and small things that are easily transportable. Maybe that's why everyone bought from the registry.

Anyway, what I did was used www.myregistry.com. It's a website that lets you add items from any online store to one central registry. For me it was a lot better than having a registry at one store or multiple registries spread across several stores. Might be a nice alternative for you, JE!

Hope all is well with you ladies. :)

Wellsv
08-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Miniepie - thanks for sharing the website, that's awesome!
Tiffany - congrats on a little boy. They are tons of fun. I think my DH was secretly happy we had a boy the first time around because he felt more comfortable with boy stuff. He would have loved a little girl to pieces, but I think just b/c he never had any sisters, he was just able to relax a bit more. And LOVE the name!
Meggiejen - glad to hear that you are doing well. Good luck in the 3rd tri!
Knut - you're inspiring me to work out! I'm trying to walk more and use these little ankle weights on my arms so I can get some arm workouts in. Only have a treadmill at home, so mostly limited to treadmill stuff.

AFM, I have a willy question for you ladies about the sex of your baby - did you have any people that you know do strange unofficial tests on you to determine what you are having? There's a girl at work who is about 20 weeks pregnant and right before her ultrasound, another woman at work took a needle and thread and put it in front of her. They said if it swung straight back and forth it would be a boy, and if it swung in a circle, it would be a girl. Then, if it stopped and started again, it would indicate another child and then predict that baby's sex, etc, etc. It told her she was having a girl, and her ultrasound showed a girl. For kicks, I thought I would do it. First one I got was a boy, not a surprise since I have DS. 2nd one was a girl, and much to my surprise, there was a 3rd one, also a girl. I don't hold a lot of stock in these things, but I've had this done a few times, ranging from when I was 14 to now, and I keep getting the same result. And, I really want this to be a girl so I want it to be right. So, did anyone have this "test" done and find it accurate? The Chinese prediction stuff isn't working for me because I have no clue when I ovulated.

flutter
08-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Wellsv
Someone did a similar trick with me with my wedding band. I don't really remember the exact results, but I think the first was supposed to be boy girl twins for me and then I was supposed to have a girl... Or it might have been the opposite at which point it could be correct. Not very helpful. Those things are fun, but like you said, you can't really put much stock in them being accurate. The chinese predictor was wrong for me too!

I'm at work right now so not doing a lot of personals. Just wanted to send an update on the GTT issue... Basically the diabetes dr called me back this morning and said too bad we're going to be testing your blood sugar 4x's per day until we can prove that you aren't having any issues. I kind of got upset and started leaning towards taking the 3 hr test b/c frankly I think that's a little overkill since I BARELY failed and wasn't on my met. It turns out the Dr didn't know I had stopped my met over a month before. That completely changed her opinion. She thought I still failed while being on the met! So now she's saying that I should just test it for a couple of weeks 2x's per day and see how my results are to decide where to go from there. My insurance won't cover the strips or machine w/out a diagnosis and she can't give me a diagnosis w/out seeing the results. Blah, big mess, but I at least feel better about all of it. Luckily my dad has a brand new machine that he doesn't use that he's going to give me so that solves the issue of no insurance. I just have to cover the strips which are going to be expensive, but I'll deal.

rjsmamma
08-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Good morning ladies...
Mini- I love that web site! It is perfect!
Tiffany- Welcome to team blue. I also love the name! It sounds very strong
Wells-I had several of those "tests" done with both pregnancies and the results were all over the place. My last pregnancy was more accurate but no such luck. Almost all the chineese calenders said girl but most of the others tests said boy...and hes is definatly a boy! So no luck here, sorry.
Mary- I felt movement with DS#1 at almost 20 weeks and DS#2 at 16. It is still hard to determine sometimes whats gas but usually the movements are strong and just get stronger.

Well ladies I have been doing pretty good. I have had some days where I am certian that my lungs are ripping apart right down the middle and it hurts to breath, but then it passes like nothing ever happened and I'm fine. Dr said it is just things streching in there so not to worry. I have been sleeping better because I now sleep in a mountain of pillows so no matter where I roll to I am comfortable...mostly. But because of all the pillows I do not get to snuggle with DH like I would like, so I make him snuggle before he gets up each morning for a few minutes so I get my fill...lol... :p
We are officially in my last week of my 2nd Trimester so I am nervious. These first 27 weeks started slow and then flew by. Its nice to know that the baby now has well over 85% chance of survival from here. I really need to buckle down and do the babys room so it is ready, just incase this guy comes early. I have another apt on the 27th, but that monday I have to go get all my blood drawn for my RH and my glucose...yuck! :mad: So as of Friday night, no suger and all protein! I will pass with no question...I hope :confused: I am also hoping that the dr takes me off light duty and pelvic rest. but I have been achey on my lower tummy latley so who knows. I dont feel really like its crampy and its definatly not BH but it is weird, not streching really eithor. But again I was told not to worry unless it was painful or consistant and its neithor, just uncomfortable at times and then it passes.

Well I hope all you ladies have a great rest of the week!

knutfugget
08-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Wells I've never tried that test, but it sounds fun! :) The chinese thing was exactly backwards for me. It said I'd have a girl and then two boys, lol.

rjs Congrats on 3rd Tri! :) I can't wait to get over there and start counting down to d-day.

flutter They always want you off the Met for the test... Even if you just barely failed, it gets harder to control sugars as pg progresses. Not testing could be a very bad thing if you have it. I would fight for the diagnosis and test your sugars. Four times a day is not unusual - one fasting and then 1-2 hrs after every meal. Sorry insurance isn't wanting to cover it. I'd try to appeal that. Uncontrolled gd can be VERY dangerous to you and the baby. :(

Ticker's down to 99 days left - double digits, woohoo! :D

corinna
08-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Miniepie - thanks for sharing the website, that's awesome!
Tiffany - congrats on a little boy. They are tons of fun. I think my DH was secretly happy we had a boy the first time around because he felt more comfortable with boy stuff. He would have loved a little girl to pieces, but I think just b/c he never had any sisters, he was just able to relax a bit more. And LOVE the name!
Meggiejen - glad to hear that you are doing well. Good luck in the 3rd tri!
Knut - you're inspiring me to work out! I'm trying to walk more and use these little ankle weights on my arms so I can get some arm workouts in. Only have a treadmill at home, so mostly limited to treadmill stuff.

AFM, I have a willy question for you ladies about the sex of your baby - did you have any people that you know do strange unofficial tests on you to determine what you are having? There's a girl at work who is about 20 weeks pregnant and right before her ultrasound, another woman at work took a needle and thread and put it in front of her. They said if it swung straight back and forth it would be a boy, and if it swung in a circle, it would be a girl. Then, if it stopped and started again, it would indicate another child and then predict that baby's sex, etc, etc. It told her she was having a girl, and her ultrasound showed a girl. For kicks, I thought I would do it. First one I got was a boy, not a surprise since I have DS. 2nd one was a girl, and much to my surprise, there was a 3rd one, also a girl. I don't hold a lot of stock in these things, but I've had this done a few times, ranging from when I was 14 to now, and I keep getting the same result. And, I really want this to be a girl so I want it to be right. So, did anyone have this "test" done and find it accurate? The Chinese prediction stuff isn't working for me because I have no clue when I ovulated.

First, let me quickly introduce myself, my name is Corinna and I have been a member on this site for five yrs now...just on a different link. Furthermore, I am so happy to be joining all you ladies as we venture to meet our new babies together! I am married and have a 10 yr old dd, a 4yr ds and am due w/ our new baby girl, Alexis Grace on Dec 2nd. I am 36 yo, am a nurse who works on the weekends only and one shift on a week night. We have recently moved to the south and absolutely love the heat and the sun!!!
As for this needle test, my friend who recently found out she's pregnant came to me after finding out about this and wanted to try it on me first to test it's sccuracy. It was dead on. Then I did it over her and it said a boy. It was really kinda freaky to be honest, especially when it went from still to moving in circles!

Wellsv
08-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Nice to meet you Corrina, thanks!

MaryFaith
08-19-2010, 04:49 PM
thanks for all your words....

Congrats to the ladies that are now in their 3rd trimester or the ones that are approaching the 3rd trimester...I wish you to continue to have a healthy pregnancy & a healthy delivery.....

welcome corinna!

With me yesterday I was having dull cramps in my perineum. I called the OB & they told me to come in...this was another physician in the same group(I actually liked her).....she did a quick ultrasound so I did see my baby (which is the best part (my little girl was wiggling)....the OB also checked my cervix via ultrasound & it was 4 cm long which is good.....so I'm feeling great

blondie
08-19-2010, 06:53 PM
flutter-sorry you're having a hard time with the GD thing:( It's good you can use your dad's machine-but, you're right the strips are expensive! I bet you could use FSA to cover if you have it and save receipt?
Why did they take you off Met a month ago? I reduced from 2000/day at 11 wks to 1000/day and both me and my OB wanted me to stay on it the whole preg. He said he's never had anyone fail the 1 hr while on met--I was still nervous though for mine ---but, I passed at 105! So, now I'm not going to test BS every week unless peri says I should.
Good luck:)

flutter
08-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Knut
Congrats on being under 100 days!
I really do realize that it's really dangerous for my baby and I would much rather be safe than sorry, but I also don't want to put myself through something unnecessary if I don't have to. My plan is that if things look good for a few weeks then I'll go down to testing it a couple times a week as the pregnancy continues. If the results are bad then obviously I'll get the diagnosis and do any monitoring that they require me to do. My issue with testing 4x's per day is that it seems a little too invasive given that I've never actually had any issues with blood sugar when tested before and given that I went back on my metformin as soon as the test was done.

Blondie
We don't put into a FSA so that's not an option for us. That's great that he let you stay on the met when you did the GTT! My OB has been very supportive of me taking it the whole pregnancy. She basically said if it makes me feel better and helps me control my weight then no worries. She just wanted me to stop it with enough time before my test to make sure that it wouldn't skew my results and we could see what was really going on. So I stopped it a month before (b/c I ran out and just decided to see how i felt). Then I only failed by a few points w/out it so here we are now. I was actually really happy with my results considering i was off of it. I feel like I would pass the 3hr if they decided to have me take it. I've always only taken 1000 mg/day. I have also never actually tested as IR before... I just begged my RE to put me on it when we started treatments to help with weightloss. it helped me a lot so I definitely want it to be a permanent thing.

Meggiejen
08-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Flutter - I know the testing strips are pricey and the machines arent the cheapest things in the world either. Save your receipts though. Even if you dont contribute to an FSA you can still deduct it on your taxes at the end of the year. You can pretty much deduct all the medical stuff from your taxes, tylenol, cold medicine, copays, perscriptions, contact solution, glasses, the whole deal. So save those receipts. Normally we don't have enough in medical expenses to get the actual deduction, but this year I think we will.

Hope the rest of you ladies continue to do well.

AFM - only a handful of contractions the rest of the week. And my taking it easy didn't really happen. God I don't know what I would do if I got put on strict bed rest. Fingers crossed that the next 2 nights go well since Ill be working.

Meagan

minipie
08-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Hi everyone!

knut: Congrats on double digits! I was excited when I passed that milestone. We're really moving along!

flutter: I'm really sorry you're dealing with all this GD stuff. I hope you can get the insurance company to cover some of the supplies, especially given how important it is. Good luck.

Meggie: Hope the contractions subside! I haven't had any yet, which seems weird to me. Good luck with the night shifts!

rjs: I am with you on things starting slow and now flying by! I can't believe we'll both be in the third trimester in a few days. I need to get on the ball and get things set up too. We haven't done anything yet! Also I hope the breathing thing is getting better. I've been having some trouble breathing lately too. Not fun.

As for me all is well. I'm in the US visiting my family for another week, which has been nice. Yesterday, however, I met two of my mom's friends for the first time. The first one, without even asking, just reached out and started rubbing my belly the very first minute I met her! She is the first and only person who has ever done that, and it bugged me! I wish I had reached out and started rubbing her belly back, but I can never think that quickly on my feet. The other woman asked me, "So have you gained a lot of weight?" Excuse me, what?! I just kind of laughed it off and said, "Oh yeah, a ton." Then she kept pushing it. "How much, like 30 pounds?" What?? So yeah, my mom's friends haven't made a good first impression. What really bothered me was that my mom didn't understand why those things upset me!

I've been reading everyone's comments about the glucose screening and GTT, and I'm not scheduled to have mine until 29 weeks. Is that too late? I hadn't even thought about it really. I've never had blood sugar problems so I assume everything is okay, but I guess you never really know.

I have another question regarding birth plans. Is everyone writing one? Is anyone NOT writing one? I've been reading all about birth plans, but I honestly never even thought about writing one. I trust my midwife and what we've discussed together. Is this naive? Thoughts?

Anyway, hope you're all doing well and that everyone has a nice weekend!

Christina M
08-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Dont have a ton of time so sorry no personals. I have been single mommy for a couple weeks now, 2 more to go. :P

Mini~ I never wrote out a birth plan. I knew what I wanted but was super excited that the hospital did everything I wanted anyways and I personally never had the discussion with my OB. I think if your midwife knows and your DH (or whomever is coaching) knows they will be your voice too.

corinna
08-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Flutter, i felt the same way after my first visit w/ the pre natal diabeties clinic my OBGYN sent me to for a consult. They wanted to have me test 4x day, etc. I was like, are you freak'in CRAZY??? NO WAY! I never had problems w/ either of my past pregnancies w/ BS, plus I'm a nurse, I know what to eat and what not to eat etc.....well, then after a few days I started seriously considering just trying it for a few days just to see where my levels were....needless to say, despite all my "knowledge", my levels were above 120 where they recommend pregnant ladies not to exceed...some were 150's-170's....I soon found out that these wonderful preggo hormones cause foods to react w/ your levels that would of never been a problem prior to pregnancy...I also discovered as the pregnancy progresses, even the things I could eat three weeks ago w/ no problem, I cannot eat now as they said would happen...it's very frustrating and time consumming...but, I'm glad I tried that little experiment for my sake and my baby girl! I recieved a free monitor etc from the clinic. Hope this might help and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!:p

Butterfly88
08-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Sorry I don't post a whole lot on here. I'm more of a lurker. However we had our big ultrasound today and it's a girl. She was not very cooperative but finally got a peak. Her name is Kaia Marie (pronounced KY ya)

pugmom74
08-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Congratulations Butterfly!!!!

rjsmamma
08-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Butterfly-Congrats! You ladies with girls officially way out number the few of us with boys!

Mini- I wrote one with DS#1 and it was helpfull in the sense that I had no idea what I was doing and I got to follow what I thought was right. Now with DS#2 i have just discussed everything with DH and my OB and I do not feel the need to write anything out. I know what can happen, what works with me, my pain, what goes on with the baby, ect. So needless to say I am comfortable with what I want and I am prepaired for what can happen to change all of that!

Meggie- I hope you are feeling better and at least trying to take it easy.

AFM- not much going on here. I had a super busy weekend that had a funeral for a girl that I went to school with. It was the hardest thing I have had to deal with in a long time. I am sure the extra emotional pregnant woman in me made it bad, but my DH was out of town and that made it worst! I survived, but it took alot out of me and I was feeling some BH type pains so my mom took DS#1 for the night Saturday so I could get some much needed rest and quite time. So I took a 2 hour nap and felt better.

Oh and I went into get all my blood work done first thing this morning. I got my GD, RH and one other test ran today. That had to be the longest hour I have ever waited after drinking that nasty drink. It was like flat super sweet 7-up...ewwww! But now I am at work for only 1/2 day so thats awsome! Anyone know how long it takes for the results. Ihope they are ready by Friday.

Now I am looking forward to my Dr. Apt friday at noon to check on this little man and see if my placentia previa has moved yet. It will have been 8 weeks since we last checked so I have high hopes, otherwise we will be scheduling our C-Section date...lol... eithor way I am hoping for nothing but good news!

tiffany712
08-23-2010, 05:51 PM
congrats butterfly!

is anyone else tired all the time? i havent gotten the 2nd tri boost of energy yet. i slept all weekend and im still tired today.

Butterfly88
08-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks everyone. We are very excited and I can't wait to start shopping.

Tiffany - I am always tired but when I lay down at night I can't sleep. On the weekends I will take a Tylenol PM just so i can get a good night sleep, and I still wake up tired.

Shelda14
08-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Tiff - I'm not tired all the time but it I do get tired earlier and it takes me longer to officially wake up...I'm like a zombie in the morning.

So, my ob resigned today. She is prego also and was put on bed rest so she was going to be gone for little while but now she's not coming back at all! the other docs there come and go as they please and make their patients wait over a hour after their scheduled appt before being seen then just rush you out. I know this because my mom works for that office! So now I'm looking for a new ob and look how far along I am...What a bunch of crap!!

flutter
08-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your input on the GD thing. I went to buy the strips for my dad's fancy machine and found out that a cheap monitor is only $9 and 50 strips were only $20... to heck with $50 for 50 strips. Since then, I've been checking my levels the past several days. in general they've been pretty good. I have had a few that were higher, but they have always been explained by something I ate. It was really hard to avoid sweets and carbs at our shower this weekend so that was a day when my level was a little higher. The other weird thing is that I keep having nightmares and the 2 mornings that I have my fasting has been a little high (105 this am after a night of being chased by someone who was trying to kill me lol). I read that stress can also cause your sugar to spike. freaks me out!

mini
I think every OB does it differently. If they recommended 29 weeks I wouldn't worry about it. You started out at a normal weight so you're less likely to get it anyway. Too weird about your mom's friends. sorry they're so insensitive! Hope you are enjoying/enjoyed the rest of your trip!

Tiffany
I didn't see the energy spike until I was around 20-22 weeks. Even now I have good days and bad days. sometimes I am absolutely dragging. It usually depends on how well I sleep.

Shelda
That stinks about the OB :( I hope you can find someone!!

Butterfly
Congrats! I have you updated on the prego thread!

JE1014
08-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Shelda - I had to switch midwives already because my first decided to retire. Now my new one is going to be on vacation when I am 37 and 38 weeks pregnant....I think I'm going to put myself on bedrest for those 2 weeks so I don't have to worry about delivering with someone else!

Flutter - glad you found an inexpensive solution to testing!

Tiffany - things started to get better for me around week 20. Still feeling pretty good and can get through most days without a nap.

Butterfly - yippe team pink! So jealous of all you ladies who've figured out their names already. DH and I can't agree to save our lives. I still think it's going to be a game time decision for us. Hopefully we won't regret it!

Mini - I'm going to have my doula help me with a 'lite' version of a birth plan. I don't think it hurts to have something in writing for the labor nurses who you probably won't meet until d-day!

knutfugget
08-23-2010, 10:54 PM
I read that stress can also cause your sugar to spike. freaks me out!

Yes, stress can do that. :( So can dehydration or getting sick. Even some medicines can do it. Lots of "fun" having gd, lol. I'm glad you got the supplies and your levels are looking pretty good! :) What kind of meter/strips did you find that were so cheap??? Mine have always been so dang pricey. :(

Hi to everyone! :) The kids are keeping me busy and so is the nesting, lol. So tired lately! Never did see that 2nd Tri energy and here comes 3rd Tri. ;)

minipie
08-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Thanks everyone for the input on the birth plan! Maybe I will write down a few explicit things, but otherwise I think I will trust my midwife and my husband to make sure that things go the way I want. I'm really not that worried about it, although that may be naive. I think the things I really wouldn't want (unnecessary C-section, episiotomy) are really rare in Germany anyway (OBs hardly deliver any babies), so it's probably not too likely that I'd have one unless I really needed it.

Shelda: I'm sorry you have to find a new OB! Did she give any recommendations before she retired? Is there anyone else in the practice? Good luck!

Tiffany: I really hope you start reaping the second trimester benefits soon! By your stage I was feeling great again, although now I am starting to feel a bit achy. It's also getting so hard to move and sleep well. Meh! Hope things start getting easier for you soon.

rjs: Hope you get good news on Friday! My placenta is very low too, although not quite previa, so I'm hoping it doesn't move any further. Good luck and keep us posted!

Butterfly: Congrats on your little girl!

Corinna: Welcome!

As for me, it looks like this will be my last second trimester post. Tomorrow is officially 28 weeks!!! Time is going by so quickly, which is sort of scary but also very exciting. We're heading back to Germany on Saturday, so once we're back we really need to get the ball rolling on baby preparations. I can't wait to start. We haven't done anything so far!

Hope everyone else is doing great!

rjsmamma
08-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Shelda- I switched my OB at 24 weeks because I refuse to deliver at a hospital that has only minimal staff and facilities since recent cut-backs. So I found a great OB to go to with a great hospital, but she is now an extra 30 minutes away. I feel like it is worth it. Good luck. I just did lots of research and recromendations!

Tiffany- Good luck with the energy spike. I am still fighting it a majority of the time. If I stop moving and sit I can fall asleep almost instantly. It isnt quit as bad as it was up until 20 weeks or so but it no where near pre-pregnancy energy.

AFM: I think I have been having BH more. Last night I had quite a few uncomfortable moments just before bed time and one this morning. I will keep track and tell my OB at my apt on friday, but I hope everything is ok with the placenta previa. I keep getting the same dull pain in the same spot several times a day. Hmmm....well see

corinna
08-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Good afternoon to all you pregnant mommies! Hope everyone is feeling well! Is it me, or is time FLYING!!!

Butterfly; Congrats on the baby girl! Welcome to the pink team!:p

Pugmom; Do you have any pugs? I assumed that is why you chose your name. I only ask because we had the childrens' first dog, a pug, named Chloe pass after only 17mons of age back in April...we all miss her so much..especially my dd who the two were inseparable.:(

TJs' mom; You should know the results w/in a week from the test. Let us know about the placenta and good luck!

Tiffany; I'm almost 26 wks and just as tired as I was in my first trimester! It's ridiculaous! My OB says it's my age...oh well!:rolleyes:

Shelda; Sorry to hear about your O.B. hopefully you will find a really good replacement!

minipie; Congrats on entering 28wks!!! Before you know it, we'll all be there w/ you! :p

Well, I ordered the baby's crib bedding off from e-bay a bit ago...thinking we were finished w/ having babies, I had gotten rid of everything except my medela breast pump, (thank God for small miracles)! My daughter thinks it's ugly but then, she and I have always differed on taste when it comes to clothing or decor...she's ten and is infactuauted w/ anything in Zebra stripes! I just simply told her that when she has her own child she can pick out what she likes...:rolleyes:

Shelda14
08-26-2010, 07:36 PM
I found a new OB. I asked around and heard great things about this group near the hospital. They seemed very nice and I have my first appt next Friday...It sucks though that I have to do the nurse intake interview again! I told DH he didn't have to go sit through that if he didn't want to.

Corinna..Isn't it hard to pick bedding..it's all so cute. My mom bought mine as soon as I found out I was pregnant and it's for my shower but I bought the matching valances. Our nursery is almost done. Carpet tomorrow and closet doors Saturday, then it's time to move in! When I get it filled and everything in it's place will post some pics!

honey19
08-26-2010, 08:57 PM
sorry I haven't been keeping up over here! I am kind of stalking around but not actually posting over here.

shelda, I am glad you found a new OB, but I agree that it sucks you had to go through the nurse intake interview again. I hated those!

corrina, I love it when little girls have opinions lol

rjs, I am hoping for good news tomorrow and that your placenta has move up. It moves up for somewhere around 80-90% of women so I am hoping yours does too!!! I hear you on the exhaustion. I am still super tired. with my first pregnancy I got the 2nd tri energy burst, but this time it is lagging.

flutter, i hope the GD thing gets easier.

Congrats butterfly!

Tiffany, I am exhausted still too as I mentioned above. Maybe our energy will come around later???lol I am hopeful!

AFM, I don't have anything really exciting going on. I did have a couple painful BH's today which I thought was weird and early, but I only had two and haven't had any since. I am just hoping they don't come back. Baby is moving around like crazy so I know he/she is doing fine. I still have another month until my next doc appt so I am hoping everything is fine and things stay pretty stable

pugmom74
08-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey everybody!

Corrina-- I'm sorry for the loss of your pug. They are very special dogs. And yes, we have 2 pugs. Gabby is a 10 year old fawn and Bert is an 11 year old black pug. They were our first babies before kids came along. Bert is going strong, but Gabby is really showing her age and that worries us. They are the best family dogs. We love them! We also foster dogs for a rescue. We have an 8 week old puppy right now (a terrier mix), but I think he's leaving Saturday for his new home. He will be our last foster until next summer. It is soooo much work to foster and now that my husband, who is a teacher, is back at work, and my kids are in school, oh and I'm pregnant, I just can't do it. But, I love fostering!

I had a doctor's appt today that didn't go so well. I'm feeling good, but maybe a bit stressed with life right now. It showed up on my BP. My BP is normally 100/50ish... very low, always has been. Today my BP was 150/88. YIKES! My doctor flipped out. I had to have bloodwork done, they had me lay down on my left side for 30 minutes and then they re-took the BP (118/58). She wants me back on Monday for another check and I have to do the 24 hour urine collection. Oh, and I have to go back in 2 weeks as well, instead of 4 weeks. She started talking to me about resting more... does she know what my life is like????? Obviously not. And of course, my husband is working until at least 8pm and I had to get the kids to bed by myself (including bathing them all), which is usually a challenge with just 1 person. OH, and to top it all off, I gained 5 pounds this month!!! The doc said it was fine, but that puts me up to a 13 lb. gain so far and I only gained a total of 16 lbs. with Blake. Oh, but on the plus side, the doctor was able to find the baby's HB instantly with the doppler and it was coming in at 160 bpm.

Sorry to just vent like this... now I'm really feeling stressed. Luckily the foster puppy we have is going to a new home on Saturday, so that will be one less thing to keep me on my feet.

Shelda14
08-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Here is the nursery...and the sky ceiling...Yah!!

pugmom74
08-28-2010, 05:57 PM
What a beautiful nursery Shelda! I love the saying over the crib. We have a bunch of those around the house.

Christina M
08-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Shelda~ beautiful nursery.

Sorry Ive been MIA for a while. DH is still gone...one more week to go. I had another trip to L&D today. I was having contractions that woke me up in the middle of the night and last about 1.5 hrs then I fell back asleep, woke up a few hrs later and still wasnt feeling 100% after taking it easy and drinking plenty of water. So i called the nurse who advised me to come in to be monitored. Spent a few hrs there which was a nice little rest from DS and actually felt better than I had in days. I was contracting, My dr was there he checked my cervix and said its still good. Guess this is just like when I was PG with DS I had contractions 5-10 mins apart but they never did anything to my cervix. My dr said some women just practice more than others LOL no explaination for it. Not very comfortable now. So Im trying to take it easier HA with a 2 yr old and DH gone for the last 3 weeks.

Hope you all are doing well. Ill try to catch up later.

esarah
08-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Christina- I am sorry you ended up in L&D but I am glad you got a break and that your cervix is still looking good. I have a VERY irritable uterus and have even started with BH already (only 11 weeks). Rest as much as you can. I know how hard it is. I am trying to rest with my 3. Leata starts school Monday. She's there from 830-1130 except Friday when she goes until 1230. With my bleeding scare yesterday I have to be careful since I have bleeding around my placenta.

Keep us updated best you can. I am thinking of you!

MaryFaith
08-28-2010, 10:21 PM
that looks really nice shelda.....I like the dark crib

christina, I hope you are feeling better.....rest as much as you can

I've finally decided to go with my hospital OBs.....I know everyone there & they know me......it might be a little bit embarrassing, but I'll get over it
hope every1 is doing well

corinna
08-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Pugmom- Sorry to hear about the Bp....lots of rest when able....have you ever tried yoga/meditation?

Shelda- Beautiful nursery!

Christina M- I must also be a professional "practicer"! I only work three days a week now, (thank God), becasue I have to sit down about every one-two hours to rest in preventing them....if I do housework, like yesterday, I have them the ENTIRE time! :rolleyes: My doc said the same thing...

pugmom74
08-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Corrina-- thanks... I used to do yoga, but stopped when the teacher moved to a different facility. But, now I just have no time!