PDA

View Full Version : When did you stop the meds?

abbyanderson
01-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Ladies!!
Haven't graduated over to this thread YET...9 weeks along but I was just wondering when everyone stopped any meds they were on?
I'm on Preg Vits (5mg folic acid), Met, Estrace, Progesterone & low dose aspirin. My doctor has advised for me to stop all meds except for the preg vitg, start taking regular Materna & to take the aspirin until 28 weeks.
Just curious to see if this is the norm?
It'll be weird after taking all this stuff for so long to all of a sudden stop taking them 'cold turkey'!!
Your thoughts are appreciated!! Thanks!!

jessicaileen
01-25-2010, 08:52 PM
abby - When I had my 6.5 week u/s where we saw and hear the HB for the first time my RE had me stop the baby aspirin and metformin immediately. I stopped the estrogen a week or so later, but that's just because I did a frozen transfer so my body didn't produce any hormones that month on its own and they kept monitoring my levels til they reached a certain point then I was able to stop them. My last progesterone in oil injection was when I was 12w6d....basically my RE said not to do any more injections once I was 13 weeks. I did noticed that a lot of RE have different protocols, such as some have you stop the progesterone as early as 10 weeks.

What is Materna?

kimbree7
01-25-2010, 08:54 PM
I worried about stopping them too! My doc had me stop everything at 12 weeks every doc is different and every pregnancy is different, but it was just fine for my pregnancy. I still take my prenatal but wow is it nice not having to take all those pills!! I did get some bad constipation after I stopped taking the met but it seems to have worked it self out thank god knock on wood!! Good luck to you sweetie and don't worry I am sure the doc knows whats best for you!!!

SunshineDust
01-25-2010, 09:29 PM
I stopped progesterone and estrogen patches at 12 weeks...heparin at 13 weeks...and I'm still taking prenatals, baby aspirin and extra calcium. Not sure how long I'll be on the baby aspirin...no one has said anything about a stopping point yet?

abbyanderson
01-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks SOOO much for your input girls...I feel so much better! I do know that my RE does know best but sometimes it feels better just to get some reasurance! Seems like stopping everything at 12 wks is pretty normal.
Materna is a prenatal vitamin...maybe it's only in Canada??
Thx again!