PDA

View Full Version : JANUARY Second Trimester... 13 to 27 weeks!

Pages : [1] 2

leeann38
12-31-2009, 09:32 PM
Happy New Year ladies!

RedReba
01-01-2010, 04:31 AM
Happy New Year!!! I am so excited to have the misery and pain of 2009 behind me. Looking forward to all the wonderful changes of 2010. I am so blessed to be pregnant and have a wonderful family that supports and helps me (on both sides). The new year always reminds me of who and what I have to be thankful for and all the new oppurtunities the new year can and will bring.

I am so glad to have found these boards to find friends and people that have helped me understand and get through the hard PCOS journey. Hope 2010 is great for everyone and their new LO.

chelseaf
01-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I guess it's time for me to start coming over to this thread. I can't believe I'm in the 2nd tri already!
2010 is going to be a great year. I have a ton to be thankful for and can't wait to meet this LO!
Happy New Year!!!

trying hard
01-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Happy New Year girls :) 2010 is going to be the most exciting year ever!!!!

Red - You are right - we have so much to be thankful for right now!!!

Chelseaf - Welcome to the second tri :)

Cac0115
01-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Happy 2010 ladies!

Chelsea-welcome to the 2nd tri!

My mom had taken my son out today to Burlington Coat factory, and she found a new location for one with a Baby Depot in it. When they walked past the baby stuff, Alex stopped and said they had to get something for HIS baby. He kept trying to tell her to get all kinds of things(he convinced her of atleast 3 things), and when the got near the furniture, he pointed to a crib, and said my baby needs this to sleep in. He also pointed out a bassinet and a playpen...so I guess if Alex had a little more say in shopping trips, we'd be all stocked up in baby items!

How was everyone's new years?

shell
01-02-2010, 03:06 AM
I also have a lot to be thankful for and I am in the Second Tri!!! My New Years Eve was very eventful this year. I started the second tri and also had our NT scan. The scan was great except the baby wouldn't cooperate and get into the correct position, so I had to keep coughing to try to get the LO to move. All of the measurements were normal and we will find out the official results next week. The baby kept sucking her thumb and was moving all over the place. I really love getting u/s it makes me feel so much better to know that everything is going okay. I also had my first cervical length check and it measured over 5 cm. I am so glad and I hope it stays that way!! The biggest surprise that we got though is that we have our first idea of what gender the baby is!! We think it is a Girl!! The doc said not to go out on a shopping spree yet until I have my next u/s on Fri so she could double check but it is hard to not get excited. So I did my first looking around at girly things today.

I hope everyone else had a great Christmas and a very happy New Year.

lighthouse830
01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Happy New Year everyone! We all have so much to be thankful for this year :)

I was in L&D for a few hours last night because of contractions, but they stopped by the time we got to the hospital and so I was monitored and only had a couple more. My cervix is still closed too, which is the important part. I am exhausted this morning!

birdling
01-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Welcome, chelseaf!

Cac -- lol, sounds like you'll have everything taken care of if you just keep taking him shopping ... :)

Shell -- congrats on the (maybe) girl!! Definitely keep us posted for final results!

Lighthouse -- Wow! Scary, but glad everything is okay now! Rest up, lady!

AFM -- not much new here. Waiting to start back to work (boo) and meet the possible new OB (yay!) and have a follow up appointment with my current OB to check cervical length. Started the 17 P shots -- ouch!! Those hurt, and I have a pretty high pain tolerance! But I'll do whatever it takes ...

leeann38
01-02-2010, 12:13 PM
birdling - sorry about the shots! ouch! But that is so exciting that you will have a new OB!

lighthouse - you relax, woman!!! Those babies are not ready to get here yet!!

AFM - 20 week checkup on Tuesday and u/s on Wednesday!! Yay!!! Super-exciting week!!!

Lizzy83
01-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Sorry to be dumb, but what is AFM? I just started noticing it on her lately.

katiejill
01-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Lizzy- AFM stands for As For Me. I just got that too:p

Shell- hope you get to find out. That is pretty early to tell. They guessed boy for me at 16 weeks but I will find out for sure Tuesday!

Lighthouse- rest up girl. Those twins need to keep baking.

Welcome Chels!

ASF- I am ok...I had the most horrible horrible gas pains last night. I have never experienced anything like it before. Thankfully it is gone but I mean I never want to experience that again. No more bean for me LOL.

Does anyone else find it hard to keep up with the house? I am just flabergasted at all the stuff I have to do and I can't keep up!!!!

chelseaf
01-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the welcoming!

Cac, that is so cute! I'm glad he is so excited to have the baby come. I bet he'll be a great help too!

Shell, I'm glad the u/s went well! So exciting to have some sort of idea on what the sex is. I want to know so bad!

lighthouse, I'm so happy the contractions stopped and your cervix is still closed! That must have been so scary! Those babies need to bake a little longer.

birdling, congrats on the new ob. I hope you like him/her!

LeeAnn, this will be an exciting week. I'm so jealous because I have nothing for a couple of weeks!

Katie, I had some bad stomach pains last night as well. It sucks! And I am totally with you on the housework. I just can't find the energy to get it all done.

I have to do the 3 hour glucose test on Monday, ugh! I did the one hour and missed it by 5 points! You are only supposed to fast two hours for it and I had chocolate poptarts about 3 hours before lol. If I knew they were going to do it that day I probably would have something else for breakfast! And I still have to do it again when it's normally done. :(

shan3401
01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Chels and Shell--Welcome to the 2nd tri! I just made it over this way myself!
Chels--I am scared of the glucose test too.
Shell--Wow! I cannot believe they were able to tell you the sex, I had one at 14weeks and they would not even look for me to see if they could tell :(

Candace--that is so cute, my son is older and goes back and forth on the idea of a baby in the house, he really does not want a girl though.

Lighthouse--I will be praying for your babies to cook awhile longer.

Leanne--Yay for the 20 week u/s. I don't remember are you finding out the sex?

Katie--I haven't had the gas pains, but the worst constipation--sorry if tmi--but lots of fiber has been helping some.

AFM--We had what was supposed to be our NT screen on Monday but we were too far along fpr it, but we did get to see the baby and got some pics! And so we have our next u/s Feb.8th at 20weeks and hopefully will be able to find out boy or girl! We are 15 weeks on Monday and now I am just waiting and waiting to feel the baby moving around. When did you feel movement with the second child, cause I have heard it is earlier.

Lizzy83
01-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Thank you katie! My house is ok, I've had 2 weeks off from teaching so I've had time to clean. Plus DD went to daycare a few of the days. Plus DH was off with me for a couple and he was able to help me deep clean.

Chels~I have my 1 hour test on Thursday. I'm not going to anything with candy or pop the day before. I have my test right away in the morning, so I'll just eat afterwards. I don't want to do the 3 hour test. I failed last time, but my levels were pretty normal with the exception of a pop here and there.

leeann38
01-02-2010, 08:26 PM
shan - no, we are not going to find out the sex this time. But I am SO excited to see the baby because we only had one very brief u/s at 16w to check for a h/b and nothing before/after that!

Lizzy - you are lucky you were able to clean so well! I had DD the entire time I was off and did not get to clean like I wanted to!

chels - your appts will be here before you know it! I feel like I just had my 16w checkup and thought 20w was FOREVER away. LOL!

Lizzy83
01-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Leeann~I had DD with me most of the time, but I get 2 hours a day of uninterrupted time cleaning as DD always takes a nap everyday.

lighthouse830
01-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes :) I stayed on the couch most of the day and the contractions only started up when I was doing stuff. I got up to pee and remembered that I hadn't scrubbed the toilet or washed the mirrors in a couple weeks (I'm a bit of a clean freak) and when I was done they started up pretty quickly. So, it was back to the couch for me.
My mom came over and cooked for a few hours and made a bunch of casseroles that we froze so that DH only has to pop them in the oven. It is a blessing to have help!

I hope everyone's weekend is going great and that you're all ready to go back to daily life on Monday :)

Cac0115
01-03-2010, 01:07 AM
lighthouse- take it easy!!! see maybe if your mom can help you with some the housework if it gets too bad.

Leann-wednesday is coming fast! I bet you're getting excited.

Chelsea- Chocolate poptarts sounds good! lol...but relax and if you're a little more careful with what you eat for breakfast, you should do fine.

shell welcome to the second tri!

birdling-let us know how you new ob appt goes:)

good that everyone else is doing good!

I had my frst stereotypical craving today..when I came home from the store today, I had probably the biggest jar of pickles you've ever seen lol:p

chelseaf
01-03-2010, 01:48 AM
Candace, they are so good! lol. I didn't even know the dr was doing the one hour glucose until I got down to the lab. I almost wanted to ask the nurse if I could do the one hour again. Oh well, I'll just have to bring a book to keep me busy and try not to think about how hungry I'll be!

Lighthouse, I'm glad your mom was able to come over and help out. Keep hanging out on the couch!

leeann38
01-03-2010, 10:14 AM
LOL about the chocolate poptarts.

For some reason, I thought I remembered fasting for the 1hr glucose test. I guess you don't have to? I think I vaguely remember the tech telling me to eat a decent breakfast before to pass it because she said that fasting can make you have to do the 3hr when you really don't have GD. I don't know how true that is, but I just think I remember that from before.

I can't believe tomorrow is Monday! Then the next day is Tues (dr. appt) then Wednesday!! woo hoo!! LOL Next week is going to be so lame!

trying hard
01-03-2010, 10:46 AM
lighthouse - Glad those contractions stopped...must have been pretty scary though. Kick your feet up and get some rest :)

katie - I haven't had those gas pains you are describing but have definitely had the low energy when it comes to getting everything done around the house that I want to get done. If I do too much at once I get extremely bad aches in my pubic bones which literally makes me stop doing what I am doing for the day.

I am going in for my 1 hour glucose test this week as well...fingers crossed that the results are good. I'm pretty sure that my nurse told me that I didn't have to fast for this test as well....which could be good because now I am craving chocolate pop tarts!!!! :) all this reading about them makes me want to go to the grocery store and get some, now ;)

Anyone finding it hard to get a solid nights sleep??? I find that I am doing a lot of tossing and turning lately and then getting out of bed when I am still tired just because my back hurts and I can't get back to sleep. The baby is quite a lot more active this week too and dh is able to feel the kicks more and more...I love when I can see my belly move :)

ndinkel
01-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Way to many posts to keep up with. It is amazing how if you are off the boards for a couple of days how far behind you get.

Good luck to everyone having the glucose test soon and u/s.

Lighthouse-Take it easy hun.

AFM-I had a dream last night that my OB was a Nazi and the Devil was trying to steal my baby! Crazy. DH was going to let me sleep in this morning and take care of DD but I didn't want to go back to sleep after that dream.
I go back to work tomorrow and I am not ready at all! I didn't go up to my classroom at all over break, it was way to cold to go outside. I am not ready for my students at all. Oh well, too late now. I'll just have to wing it.
I have my next appt. a week from tomorrow. I really hope that he schedules my 20wk u/s.

kimbree7
01-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Well ladies sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. You guys have me craving those damn pop tarts tooooo! Oh well I lost like 6 lbs so I think I could handle a few maybe. My u/s is tomorrow and I am way excited. I wish it wasn't because they couldn't find a heartbeat at my last appointment but I am hopeing it was just because of all my extra padding!!! I am sure everything is fine mainly because I feel fine. I guess I am going to be one of the lucky ones with no morning sickness to speak of. So wish me luck and welcome all the new girls to the second tri!!!! It's a great feeling to be here. No less worrying really but great feeling to be that much closer to holding our babies!!! Have a great night everyone and go eat a chocolate pop tart already!!!

katiejill
01-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Speaking of pop tarts...anyone try the smores poptarts.. They are heaven when they are toasted. I can't imagine how much sugar are in them. It takes all I have to pass them up when I am shopping:p

Kimbree- with my first I had no morning sickness either. It was wonderful. This time around I was miserable until about 14 weeks. I feel great now.

I had some spotting again. I guess I have a very sensitive cervix. I am going to ask my doctor on tuesday about a UTI. I think I could have one.
Also, I have been feeling a pinching pressure down there. I hate the worry but I am trying not to freak out. I have been getting nudges and pokes all day so I know he is ok.

Cac0115
01-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Kimbree- lucky! I had some morning sickness with Alex and this one was all day and night sickness.

Katie- YES!!!! I have had those too! Have you tried the banana split ones?

afm- I have to call my dr office in the morning and move up my friday appt to her next available since my asthma has been acting up. I had to call around 230am to make sure I didn't need to go to the er and an extra dose of albuterol is okay. I felt a little bad b/c it did sound like I woke her up.

lighthouse830
01-04-2010, 09:53 AM
katie- lol, i love the smores ones... also the brown sugar cinnamon ones! I relly want some pop tarts with all this talk on here!

cac- you probably did wake her up, but that is part of being a doctor and getting paid the big bucks! :) I wouldn't worry about it.

I posted a belly pic over in the show your glow thread- when I look at pics of my belly I can't believe how big it's gotten. I'm kinda getting used to it, but when I see a pic I'm like, 'wow!' LOL...

ndinkel
01-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Cac-I had lots of issues with my asthma when I was pregnant with Leah. They ended up changing my enhalor(sp) from albuteral (sp) to a different one b/c I was using it so much more and it is more likely to make you light-headed. I have no idea how to spell the name of my new one (my purse is in my classroom and I am in another room right now) but it started with an "X" and sounds like "Zopenex" just something to keep in mind. My new enhalor is safe for pregnancy.

Cac0115
01-04-2010, 01:56 PM
ndink, I think right now it's a combination of less room in my abdomen for deeper breathing, and the winter air here(and the quality of air from the heaters being on). The last time I ended up in the er was the day after xmas in 08, but I hope we can find another solution.

lh, I know that's part of it, but I still felt a little bad, but she did tell me that the er would've ended up calling her if I was in there, so I guess either way she would've been woken up.

I go in tomarrow, so we'll see. How's everyone else doing?

leeann38
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Cac - be careful with that asthma! My SIL had problems with her asthma with her second son and was off work from like 32 or 34 weeks on because they thought she was going to have him early because it was so bad. Thankfully, she made it to full term.

I am just getting so excited for tomorrow and Wednesday! Tomorrow is only a check-up, but I know that Wednesday we will actually get to see the baby!! Yay!!

leeann38
01-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm just gonna talk to myself... LOL

I drank a cup of half-caff coffee a little while ago and I can feel the baby squirming around. LOL Guess I better not do that before the u/s!

Darlin
01-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Leann - Good Luck tomorrow and Wednesday. It feels like forever since your last one. I hope things go well and you don't accidentally see anything.

How funny that I wanted to know and my lo did not want to cooperate. We will see what yours decides to do. I hope your baby is shy so as not to ruin the suprise for ya.

Things are going good for me. Most times I don't feel pregnant besides seeing it in the mirror and going to bed earlier. Hope everyone is doing well.

leeann38
01-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Darlin - are you going to try to find out at a later date or are you going to hold out for the surprise now? Just wondering...

Half of me wants to find out but the other half of me KNOWS how much more exciting it will be on delivery day if I don't. I know what it's like to "know" and now I kinda want to be on the other side... kwim? Besides, dh and I have picked out some pretty cute neutral clothes already and if it ends up being a boy, I'm sure dh would go shopping while I'm in the hospital and do the laundry before I get home. He's just that kind of guy! And my neighbor is a nut. If I knew that she wouldn't accidentally ruin the surprise for me, I'd have the tech seal the sex in an envelope and give it to her. (She LOVES to shop and always finds awesome bargains!). She is the type that can't keep Christmas presents until Christmas, though, and I'd hate to accidentally see some gender-specific baby item at her house...

Darlin
01-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I think that we may wait now, not sure. DH says he is convince that it is a boy so he does not need to see to believe. Me on the other hand has secretly felt that it is a little girl and hoping for the other for quite some time. We don't have any outfits yet but at least we have settled on names. We have agreed on one for each, so at least we are prepared there.

chelseaf
01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
LeeAnn you crack me up! lol. Good luck tomorrow and Wednesday!

Darlin, Have you thought about going to one of those places that do the 4D u/s? They gave us a little brochure at our first appt and I was thinking about doing that if they can't tell the sex at our 20 week u/s. It says that if they can't get a good shot then you can come back in a week at no cost. You should look into it if you're really wanting to find out!

Cac, I hope the asthma calms down and gets under control soon! I bet that is always scary.

AFM I did my 3 hour glucose today. I didn't know I was going to get drawn 4 times! It was ok though, actually made time go by faster knowing I only had an hour until the next draw. A new book helped too :) . And I skipped the poptarts this time! LOL.

Lizzy83
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm so annoyed that we don't know yet! When I'm out and about shopping and can't get anything because I don't know the sex is just annoying! Ugh! I'm hoping that in about 5 weeks well get that next US to find out.

leeann38
01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Lizzy - you crack me up. You better quit being so annoyed because I bet your baby knows it and is like "haha mommy, I'm not giving up the goods!" lol!!! I can just picture it talking like on "Look Who's Talking" :)

Darlin - It might be fun to wait if you aren't super set on waiting... especially since you have 2 names!

We did the 3D/4D u/s with Makenna... I think it was almost $200 but we really enjoyed it and had lots of cool pictures. We probably won't do it this time around, though. It did look like her, too!

I can't believe my u/s is on Wednesday! It came SOOO fast. When I made that appointment I thought "Holy cow... Jan 6 is SO far away..." and I also remember thinking that as much as I wanted it to come, I also didn't because that meant that my Christmas break would be over... LOL!

I don't want to get weighed tomorrow... LOL It just seems rude to weigh a pregnant lady a week after Christmas/New Years and especially when those holidays are the first ones after losing my mom. I probably gained 10 pounds! Geez... I sure hope not :( Oh well, we shall see!! I think 20w is when my ob starts doing the measuring.

katiejill
01-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I always get so nervous when I have a doctors appointment. I can't believe I am pretty much half way through. It is really going fast this time. It is amazing how little effort on our parts we have to do to keep these babies baking. I have my "BIG" u/s tomorrow. Pretty sure it is still a boy but I really want to make sure baby is healthy.

Good luck to everyone who is going to their appointments! Keep em baking!:p

kimbree7
01-04-2010, 10:56 PM
my u/s went great. our little one is doing good. heartbeat is there and very strong, the u/s tech would not make a guess on the sex so oh well. we are right on target with growth and all that good stuff!!! I just can't wait to see my baby now! DH was overcome and was all smiles when we left I was so glad his work let him go early so he could be there he didn't get to come to the last one because it was so early in the morning. He was amazed that it was moving!!!! The u/s tech told him that they move around alot just then the lo kicked real hard I could see it and feel it just barely and I am glad that happened because now I know what I am feeling and its not just gas!!! lol I am for sure feeling movement already! I just feel like im floating on cloud nine!!

RedReba
01-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Wow, I have been realy busy and tired the last few days so not on the boards, and it took an hour to catch up so no personals this time!!

I am so excited for everyone with their u/s and apts this week. It is a big week for this group.

I have my 3 hour test on Wednesday (have to fast prior to it, which is not good since I still get m/s bad if I don't eat). Thursday I get to see the baby and find out what we are having. I just have to know so i can prepare, also our families will be buying so much and they want to know so we thought it would be good to let them know. We get to have a DVD of the entire u/s and we also get to schedule our tour of the Birthing facilities and classes!! I am so excited to be getting closer to D day!!!

shan3401
01-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Kimbree--sounds like you had an amazing u/s! The tech at my last u/s wouldn't even look either! Seems like some will and some won't. But they will at the 20 week, so just a matter of being patient now.

birdling
01-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Good luck to all you ladies who have u/s's this week! Keep us posted on the results (like you wouldn't, LOL)!!

leeann38
01-05-2010, 09:27 AM
I have my 20w appointment at 4:30 today, so I will update anything after that. I'm sure I'll be on here before that, though!

lighthouse830
01-05-2010, 09:58 AM
leann- isn't it funny how time is going by so fast? You're at 20 weeks already and I remember when we were all still in that 8-10 week stage like it was yesterday! These kids will all be here before we know it! :) Good luck at your appt today!

Darlin
01-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Chelseaf - I have considered the 4D u/s but they will only do it between 28 - 32 weeks. By that time what is another 8 weeks for the suprise? I am not sure if we will do it or not. I guess we will decide in 8 or so weeks.

Leann - Good Luck today.

AFM - Checking my blood sugar 4 times a day, they are most concerned about my morning fasting number and it has been anywhere from 18-32 points off. They upped my Met last week and I am happy to report that it is working on the morning blood sugar!!! It was only 2 points off this morning. Now if we can keep it that way and avoid the insulin shots. Keep your fingers crossed.

SunshineDust
01-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone:) I can't believe I'm in the 2nd tri already!!! I'll do personals on my lunch break, but I just wanted to ask a quick question...When does the nausea go away!?!?!? I read that it should be getting better now but it's only getting worse!!

kimbree7
01-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Shan- I know I have heard so many different stories about u/s techs. I think mine didn't want to be wrong so she just didn't want to guess. I would rather them be pretty sure before we start planning everything for a girl and I end up having a boy or something!!! I just can't wait to get started on the baby's room and go shopping for something at least. I have an obsession with dalmations so both my mother in law and my mother have been buying up all the dalmation stuff they see boy or girl they don't care. And my baby will probaby wear it no matter what the sex is! lol

Leeann-good luck with your u/s!!!! I can't wait to hear so excited!!!

Darlin-Good luck on the blood sugar I am praying for ya!!!

Oh and my u/s was in 4d and even my first one at 6 weeks was in 4d and i would have to say I am really not impressed. This last one was pretty good but I guess I had high expectations or something because I thought they could have been better. I haven't even been given the option to put it on a dvd but I am going to ask at my next appointment at the end of this month. DH turns 30 at the end of this month too and he seems pretty down about it. I am going to throw him a huge suprise party!!! And I am way excited maybe that will get his sprits up hopefully!

leeann38
01-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Sunshine - I didn't get nauseated with either of my pregnancies, but just remember - you are baking 3 in there, so you might not be typical of a regular pregnancy! LOL Did you try asking on that triplet mom website you go on? Maybe they might know...

Most people say it ends around the beginning of the second tri and some as late as 20 weeks or so... i don't know!! :)

Come on 4:30 so I can hear the baby's hb!! And I can't wait for KatieJ to let us know how her u/s goes today!!

katiejill
01-05-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm BACK! It's a BOY!!!!

But we already knew that:p He is perfect and was moving so much. I am in love! Can't wait to hold him. Measurements were good. He is a little big but so was Brett LOL.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sunshine- For me this time it went away around 14 weeks. With Brett I didn't have any! You do have 3 so you have way more hormones. Drink plenty of water. Make sure you eat small snacks. It helped me. I ate a lot of almonds and nuts with protein. It really helped.

leeann38
01-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Yay Katie!! Now change your ticker!! LOL :) I'm so excited for you!

RedReba
01-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Katie - Yeah!!!! Lots of boys!! I am so excited and now just have 2 days till I know what I am baking!!

Sunshine - Welcome to 2nd Tri! My nausea is better now, but I was about 15 weeks before it got better. I still have it bad in the morning if I don't eat right away and if I don't get enough sleep. You may get it 3 times as bad, but hopefully it starts to get better in the next few weeks.

I got my hair done today!! My Dr. wanted me to wait till my 2nd Tri to dye my hair and so my roots had really grown out. It was great to not only get the color, but also did some fun new layers. I will be taking a tummy pix today so I will post it so you can see the new hair!!!

leeann38
01-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Back from my appt but have to make dinner. Baby's h/b was in the 150s!

katiejill
01-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Leeann.....Boy????? LOL. Those are just wivestales but it is fun to guess

chelseaf
01-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Judy, yay for the 2nd tri!!! I hope the nausea eases up soon :(

LeeAnn, It sounds like the appt went well. Can't wait to hear more and about your u/s tomorrow!

Katie, congrats on the boy! I'm so excited to find out what we're having! I did that chinese predictor chart and it says boy. we'll see!

shan3401
01-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Judy--awesome to see you over here! I didn't really have any naseau but I have a cousin who gets it really bad and i think she pretty much had it all through but she is a rare and extreme case I think. Maybe it will just take a little longer for you since you do have more hormones going in your body.

Katie--Congrats on the boy! I cannot wait to find out and start shopping, I am sooooo green with envy:D

SunshineDust
01-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Katie- congrats on a boy!!!!!!!!!! We want a boy..at least 1 in there lol. But really we'll take a purple alien as long as it's healthy:) I'm super excited for you!

Leann- fabulous heart beat!!!! I vote girl:) You're not finding out til birth right??

Reba- YAY for being able to get your hair done!!!!! My sheet from the RE says 14 weeks and I called this morning to schedule my appointment for next weekend lol..My roots are a NIGHTMARE!!!! I'm thinking of getting it all one color closer to my natural color (dark brown) since I'm sure the upkeep of highlights will be next to impossible with bedrest/triplet craziness! Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Kim- I've never had the 4d u/s, but I've seen some of other people's and I find them kind of scary looking..lol. I'll probably feel different when it's MY ultrasound pics of course. But I agree, not impressed.

Thanks everyone for answering the whole nausea thing. I just feel like I'm progressing in the wrong direction. I always said I would never complain about any pg symptom, but the puking is getting kinda old. I'm hoping it eases up soon.

I have my first regular OB appointment friday so I'll get another ultrasound:):) I'm loving all these ultrasounds. But after this I won't have one until 2/1:(

Hope everyone is doing well!! I'm just so excited to actually be here:)

leeann38
01-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Unless something dramatically changes tomorrow, we are not going to find out the gender. LOL I mean, I'd like to know BUT I think I'd be way more excited waiting until birth. I mean, we knew with Makenna, but she was our first so just knowing what it was like to have your VERY OWN baby was surprise enough for us! LOL Now we thought it would be fun to try it out the other way.

I don't know about the h/b and gender... I'm sure it's an old wives tale, but fun to guess, anyway!

I still feel like it's a boy, BUT I was wrong with Makenna. LOL I'd be totally happy with another girl. Girl's clothes are fun to shop for, and it gets even more fun as they get bigger! haha

leeann38
01-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I almost forgot to mention!! My doc told me that May's schedule probably won't be out for my next appointment, but for my 28 week appointment, I will get to sit down and pick a date!!!! :)

katiejill
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Judy- I am ecstatic that you are here!!! I have been around here a long time and I know you have been here way longer! I always prayed for you:)

Leeanne- I hope my doctor will let me pick out a date. That would be so cool. Wanna schedule it the same day LOL! I think you will go a little before me but you never know. We are only a week apart.

leeann38
01-05-2010, 10:04 PM
hahaha Katie! I have to schedule it sometime in my 39th week when my dr is on call (there are like 5 dr in the practice, but I got to pick my doc this time and she did my c/s with Makenna). So chances are slim that it will end up being the same day, but you never know!!!! :)

I'm getting SO excited to meet this baby and I still have awhile... haha

dawniejune
01-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Katiej, congrats on a BOY!

RedReba, don't you just feel like a new woman with your hair done? I know I do, and it was so hard to go without for so long. Will look for the pic. :)

Leeann - Glad you got to hear the hb again. E's was always around 155-160, and this one, which is also a girl, is normally 147 or so (I rented a doppler again, so I listen all the time -lol).

Judy - Congrats on moving over to the second tri! I read your post on first tri thread and loved hearing that all three babes had "skinny necks and nasal bones" at NT screen. What a great way to end the first tri. :) x 3! I'm thrilled everything is going so well, and sorry for the nausea. Have they given you anything for it?

Hi to all I missed and Happy New Year to you all.

AFM, Baby girl is kicking me regularly, which is wonderful of course! Lvl 2 u/s is at 18 wks 3 days - a week from today. I'm excited to see her again and can't believe after having 5 u/s in first tri, it will have been 6 wks since I saw her. NOT that I'm complaining, since I know I've had more "look see's" than normal and everyone wants to see their little beans as often as possible (happens when you're OLD like me, or are baking triplets like Sunshine!!!). Take care!

dawnie

Darlin
01-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Leann - Good luck today, I hope your lo is shy and can keep a secret!

leeann38
01-06-2010, 12:38 PM
dawnie - I either missed it or forgot that you were having another girl! Yay! EVERYONE on here is having boys!! lol

Cac0115
01-06-2010, 02:33 PM
omg... I miss a little over a day here and it's alot that I missed!

Judy- congrats on getting those 3 littles ones into the 2nd tri! My nausea didn't go away until close to 16 wks, and I only get sick now if I don't eat. I hope yours goes away sooner!

Katie- welcome to the boy club!:) Boys seem contagious right now.

Leann- good to hear your appt went well, I'm sure you'll have happy updates minus a pink or blue for us later!

afm- I went in to see my doc yesterday, and this little boy is an active one! She had to move the doppler to keep the hb, and then the batteries died..lol I just don't have the luck with dopplers. My doc gave me a new inhaler to take daily that isn't a powder so I hopefully won't keep needing my rescue inhaler like I have been and I won't throw up from the powder in my throat. I'm still measuring 2.5 wks big, and she tried to explain in the nicest way possible that it could be partly b/c it's my 2nd baby and partly b/c of the fat on my lower stomach. Either way, she is sending me to a specialist for another u/s just to make sure everything is okay and my asthma isn't affecting the baby at all. She said she also will most likely have me go in for nst's 2ce a week in my 3rd tri to continue making sure it's not causing any harm to my lo.

Sorry if I missed anyone in personals...Loong day yesterday and looong morning today(I was woken up my a big dog nearly jumping on me)...it's naptime for me now

RedReba
01-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Well, finally feeling okay after my 3 hr glucose test. It was terrible, this was my 3rd since Dx with PCOS, but 1st pregnant. The Fasting just about killed me and then drawing all the blood made me faint. i had to eat a bag of tootsie rolls to eb able to drive home. Thank goodness the Office manager had them in her drawer.

I am so excited 1 more day and I get to see my baby. I can't wait to see how much it has grown and make sure all is well.

trying hard
01-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Wow, you girls have been busy here :) Glad to hear that everyones appoitnments are going so well!!

Sunshine - So happy to see you over here!!!! With me, my nausea started going away around 14 weeks, and I felt much better by 15 or 16 weeks. I hope you get some relief soon.

Leanne - DH & I are keeping our little one a surprise too...I have always dreamed about the day when I would give birth and be anxiously waiting for the doc to say the "congratulations, it's a little......"!!! Maybe you & I will be having the girls on here :)

Dawnie - I know what you mean about the benefits of being high risk...not that I am happy about having all of those miscarriages but it does let me get tons of ultrasounds which I love!!!

Sorry about those I missed but my great dh has supper ready now and I am starving...again!!!!

Red - Glad to hear that your 3hr test is over. I just had the 1hr one done today and fingers crossed that I won't need the 3hr one.

shan3401
01-06-2010, 07:04 PM
This week I have started having horrible achy pains on the inside of my legs(where they meet my body) that go around to my butt and my stomach feels like it is really starting to stretch, its so sore. Is anyone else having this really bad. I remember it a little bit with my son but its been so long that it doesn't seem like it hurt this bad.

Cac0115
01-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Shan-there's lots of stretching going on there. your pelvis is making room for baby, which affects your hips also, and the ligaments on your uterus are stretching alot also. I get achy sometimes in my hips and whats called round ligament pain around the side of my stomach. Those are normal. On the inside of your legs could just be where your legs come together with your pelvis/hips. You can always call your doctor jusst to be sure, thats what they're there for.

Reba- I hope you're feeling much better now, sounds like it was pretty horrible today. Hopefully you'll pass this 3 hr.

trying- my dh is cooking tonight also, and he's already planning what he wants to make tomarrow:)

leeann38
01-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Sorry, trying... I caved. And you were right... it's a GIRL!!!!! We are sooo excited for Makenna to have sisters, but we are not thrilled to have 2 teenage daughters in high school together.... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

katiejill
01-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Leeann- Congrats!!! Woohooo.

trying hard
01-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Oh Leeann. LOL!!! Congrats on the girl news though!!!! I think that's what I am "secretly" hoping for although will be absolutely thrilled boy or girl of course....

shan - I have had those horrible pains since around 14-15 weeks. When I first told my doc she said it could be pressure and so she checked my cervix. Well everything was great with my cervix and I still have those pains, it's like my pubic bones feel liek they are broken sometimes, worse when I lift my leg to shave in the shower for example or when putting pressure back on my leg(s). The doc and my nurses are convinced it's just growing pains so to speak and some women have more pain than others with the bones shifting and softening to get ready for labour. However, like Cac said, you could give your doc a quick call just to be sure.

Anyone else here waiting until delivery day to find out the gender???

chelseaf
01-06-2010, 08:30 PM
LeeAnn, congrats on the girl!! I so would have caved too, lol. Especially at the moment where they ask if you want to know the sex. How did everything else look?

shan, I've been having some pinching/shooting pains too. They are mostly in my groin area. I was kind of worried at first, but they've been going on for a few weeks so I'm pretty sure it's just growing pains.

I've been feeling like poop today. :( No engery at all and almost feel like I'm getting sick. My allergies have been bad so I'm hoping that's all it is. Of course yesterday I felt great and couldn't believe all the energy I had. I must have jinxed it!

leeann38
01-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks!

I have to go back next week for another u/s because she couldn't get a great picture of the 4 chamber heart. She could see it, but she knew the pic wouldn't be good enough for the radiologist. Then I go back at 28 weeks for a growth scan.

I have an anterior placenta, so she said I might not feel movement as much at first. Also, the baby weighs 12 ounces! :) We are so thrilled to know that there will be another princess in the house!! :)

RedReba
01-06-2010, 09:07 PM
LeAnn - Glad I am not the only one to change my mind about finding out!! Congrats on the Girl, Makenna is adorable and you will be great with 2 girls. Glad you are able to go back and see baby again. My OB is thinking we will have to go back too cause I will only be 19w1d tomorrow, but next avaliable apt for u/s is not till after my next apt with the OB and he wants to see pix of my uterus/birth-canal to decide about a c-section. then we can go back for more measurements and all.

I am feeling better now after this morning, but extra tired and feel worn out, so probably early to bed and I will be fine.

Trying - the 3hr is killer, but due to family histories it was necessary. just glad it is over. Due to my huge crash the Dr. is thinking i will pass just fine.

Okay weird question - may be TMI, but I need help. I have no desire to BD at all and I haven't for over a month or longer and my poor DH is dying. Does anyone have this same thing? Also any sugestions to help fix it. I miss BD, but no libido!!

leeann38
01-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Reba - are you finding out tomorrow then? Or do you know and I missed it? LOL

leeann38
01-06-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm trying to update the January pregnancy thread. Just wanted to see if everyone could check it and make sure you are on there if you want to be and that your info is correct!! I know I am missing some genders. Thank you!!!! (PM me if anything needs to be changed)

kimbree7
01-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Shan- I had those same pains and they are horrible mine happened mainly at night or driving in the car having to sit for a long time. I haven't had them for a few days and I am sleeping better now. Nothing would help me really but pain reliever did help some. I hate taking it so I just did it when i couldnt bare it anymore.

Leeann-congrats on the GIRL there sure is alot of boys I was almost sure I was having a boy but now with the girls popping up lately maybe im having a girl. Gosh I wish I could have found out the other day. Now I have to wait another month and its just killing me.

AFM- I have so many food averisons its kinda inconvient especially since we are expecting snow tonight and alot of it. I won't be able to go out and get stuff that I can actually eat and I am running out of stuff but DH is giving me trouble because there is so much food in the house I tried to explain to him I just cant eat it. If I try I will make myself sick and that is no good. I think my baby is going to be a picky eater lol
And one last thing my bbs have grown two cup sizes already and I was already a D!!! I can't believe it they just won't stop I have had to go bra shopping 3 times and I was buying big ne way!!! They are outa control! DH sure does like them that is all he thinks about anymore like my D's weren't already enough ughhhh!

SunshineDust
01-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Leeann- YAYAYAY!!!! Congrats on the girl:):) I knew it;)

Kimbree- I swear men just don't get it sometimes. I know what you mean about the major food aversions!! I hope you can settle on something

Reba- we didn't DTD for over 2 months!! From the day before our transfer (10/23) until New Year's Eve. Mostly because I was scared to death. Now I've just been feeling blah about the whole thing. If you find out a solution let me know..LOL

Chelsea- I hope you feel better soon!

Shan- I had those pains in the beginning...like shooting pains that felt like they went down my cervix..I'm assuming it was normal. I still get them from time to time, but not like I did at first.

trying- I sooo wanted to wait until delivery, but DH doesn't want to and I found myself disappointed that they couldn't tell at my NT scan..lol. So we'll be finding out before then. Are you waiting??

New bump pic posted in a couple of seconds:) I still feel like I just look fat. I'll have to post my 9 week for comparison!!

leeann38
01-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Sunshine - your transfer was on my bday!!!

OOOO baby just gave me a good kick! lol

birdling
01-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Leeann --- CONGRATS!!! I don't remember you having a pink ticker before. :) That is so awesome that you are having another girl!! Alas, though, now I've lost my fellow "not going to find out gender" buddy. (Really, it's all about me, isn't it? :) ) I am super excited for you!!

Had my OB consult today and was REALLY impressed. He spent a LOT of time with me answering my questions (even though it took forever and I'm sure he wanted to go home, since my appointment was at the end of the day) and was totally knowledgeable -- talked a lot about research and evidence-based medicine, which made my geeky self happy. He has done lots of VBACs and is totally comfortable with them (not just paying lip service) and said I was a great candidate. I asked him if he had doula recommendations and he didn't bat an eye (my current doctor was really leery and kind of gave me the stink eye when I asked, and talked about how they sometimes interfere with the birth), just gave me a couple of names. I really, REALLY liked him. The only thing is he has a much more hands-off approach to monitoring so I would definitely be getting a lot fewer ultrasounds. Totally a minor thing but I have gotten used to seeing the baby frequently so I will have to gear myself up for that. We talked about preterm labor and he talked about how he would manage it and everything ... it was really great!! I just have to make sure I'm comfortable with a more hands-off approach, which I think I am ... gonna take a few days to think about it but I'm pretty sure I'll switch.

Whew, sorry for the ramble; I'm just really excited the visit went well. :)

Cac0115
01-07-2010, 02:33 AM
bird-great to hear the appt went so well, If you do switch you will atleast have a doc that is willing to work with your wishes!

Leann- I said on other board- congrats on the girl!

katiejill
01-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Red- Most will be shocked to know that we haven't DTD since conception! Well... we would have in the beginning but the whole family was sick then I had spotting and then big time bleeding so DH won't touch me. I am thinking once we reach the point of viability we can. I miss it too but I NEVER have libido. I really don't. My poor DH. As soon as I got preggo he said "I guess I can rule out sex forever" LOL.

lighthouse830
01-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Leann- I can't believe you caved! LOL :) I'm just teasing you. If I saw something obvious for a boy I'd ask about it, but I'm still hoping to stay surprised at the delivery. EVERYONE in my family keeps telling me that if they knew what we were having they could get us stuff ahead of time. I keep on saying that I love yellow (which I do) and that it would work for either :)

Trying- It looks like Birdling, you & I are the ones still holding out on gender. I have u/s every two weeks starting next week, so hopefully I won't see anything revealing!

As for the whole libido/sex thing, we're on restrictions anyways because of the contractions, but honestly I didn't have a whole lot of ambition to do it before then either (I was scared of bleeding too). It was like once every 2 to 3 weeks... and that was just so that DH wouldn't think I'd forgotten him. My belly has been cumbersome for a while now because of the twinkies so it hadn't been comfortable anyways! :)

On a side note, I'm thrilled to be at 24 weeks! Yay twinkies! :)

SunshineDust
01-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Lighthouse- Congrats on making it to 24 weeks! That's awesome! That's my next milestone and it feels sooo far away.

bird- that is so great about your appointment! I'm glad you found someone that you really like. It would take awhile to get used to the whole less ultrasound thing, but it seems it might balance out with everything else you like about him.

So we've starting getting rid of pets:( We have 2 dogs and 2 cats and we're thinking it would be insane to try and take care of all of them PLUS 3 babies. So today Bryan is giving one of my cats away to one of his friends:(:( He's still a kitten so I haven't had him long, but I'm still attached:( I know it's all for a good reason and I guess this is just the beginning of how huge my life is going to change in the coming months.

kimbree7
01-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Judy-I know exactly how you feel about the animals I have quite a few and I am torn with expecting just one child! I have 3 Dogs 2 cats a bird a lizard and a ton of fish!!! I keep kicking around the idea of getting new homes for some or putting my oldest down a little sooner than planned but I just don't know how I am going to be able to do it. They took the place of having no children for this long! I love them all so dearly because they helped me so much this last 5 years of TTC. I am a natural caregiver I believe my friends have called me momma since I was young! I am always the one taking care of everybody. I just don't know what to do but this baby is the most important thing in my life and always will come first. I just don't know if I can handle all these animals they are a handful already!! And that is with no new born to look after!!! Its just so sad.

Sorry about the rant this snow we have gotten has got me down I hate being stuck in the house and my dogs don't want to go out for the most part and I have to drag them out!!!! I think we got about 5 or 6 inches over night!!! Pooor hubbs had to drive the dangerous roads and I was so scared and he still has to make it home in one peice. I just hope it stops snowing so they can get the roads cleared!

birdling
01-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Lighthouse -- congrats on making it to 24 weeks! That's my next milestone, too. And you, trying, and I will just have to be the clique of 3 holding out on gender. :)

Sunshine -- that is sad about your pets :( but I can totally see why you would need to do it.

Thanks all for the good thoughts about my dr visit. It seems totally selfish to complain/be hesitant about not getting so many ultrasounds when I know the standard of care is just 1 or 2! I just got spoiled by my last pregnancy and this one. But ... (this is terrible) ... I may wait to switch for another few weeks just to get a few more u/s's in (and get my cervical length monitored a bit more). My deadline will be 28 weeks because that's when the rest of my money is due to my current doc for delivery and I'm not paying her that if I have no intention of using her for delivery!

RedReba
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
I am so excited I have my u/s in 3 hours!!!! I will get to find out and start getting ready for my baby even more!!!!

Sounds like we are all in the problem of lacking libido. I am going to talk to my Dr. about it cause I am really missing it, but also we have some romantic events coming up that would be nice to share.

Sorry to those having to lose or give up pets, it is a hard thing to do. I had to give up my dog when we moved to Utah, cause no animals allowed in student housing. At least we don't have that stress when even more emotional due to hormones. It is hard, but if you can find homes with family it make it easier due to visits. My parents took Scotch for me and now if I tried to take him back it would kill my parents and Scotch. It has been great for everyone.

Darlin
01-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Good Luck to everyone with u/s this week. I hope you all get what you are wishing for.

Leann - I wanted to know and couldn't find out, you wanted to wait and was able to find out. Too funny! Congrats on the baby being a Girl. We are still waiting. May just keep it a suprise now.

One other girl is pregnant at here at work and she is 6 weeks ahead of me. She is doing the 4D u/s I will see what her expirience is before I make up my mind to do it or not.

leeann38
01-07-2010, 02:50 PM
geez, girls!! You make me feel like I did something wrong by finding out!! LOL I'm glad I did, but just sayin'.... hahahaha

Red - can't wait to find out. I'm cheering for a girl so I have someone else one here having a girl, too! LOL

leeann38
01-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Darlin - we did a 4D with Makenna and I was really happy with it. With this baby, instead of doing a 4D u/s, we are having a photographer come to our house the day we bring the baby home for wrinkly newborn pics. LOL!

Cac0115
01-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Leann-nothing wrong with finding out! It's okay to cave with whats got to be one of the biggest temptations we'll have to face pregnant:p

Darlin
01-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Leann - That sounds wonderful. I would love to do pics like that.

shan3401
01-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Leann--Congrats on the girl!

Kimbree--I have been having those alot lately. I cannot eat hamburger. My DH also gets a little upset cause I will make something for dinner and then I cannot eat any of it. I eat alot of cottage cheese and tomatoes!

Birdling--I am glad you had such a good dr. appointment, I know vbac is scary enough w/out having to deal with a dr. that isn't for it. I also had to switch hospitals.

Thanks everyone for responding to my inquiry about the pains it is good to know that others are having the same thing. Its just been so long that I have forgotten alot and its all kind of new again.

RedReba
01-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Hello Everyone!! Well I had my u/s and we had over 30 minutes of viewing and all on DVD!! H/B was 130 and HE is healthy in every way. Yes, I got my boy!!!! He was stubborn and keeping his legs together so it took a little bit, but then it was clear as day!! We are so excited and happy he is healthy.

The measurements are all large and the tech and the Dr. had to check the files a few time to confirm my Due date. Due to the IUI we know I can't be as far along as the measurements, but knowing my DH's family history with large babies, I kind of expected the big baby. His head measures 20w6d, legs are 20w4d, and rest were 20w2d, even though I am only 19w1d, farthest I could be is 19w3d. Not worried about GD since my husband is over 6'4" and his family are all over 6' (sisters too).

Only worry the u/s caused is that my uterus is not tipping into proper placement and my cervix is not lined up with the canal, which we were thinking may happen so looking more like a c-section, will have u/s at 28 weeks to confirm and then set the date. Also my Placenta is low and small so they want to watch that, I will probably have a u/s at 24 weeks for that. Guess I get to see him more, so I am happy about that.

katiejill
01-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Red- I have been checking forever.....CONGRATS!!! so happy for you! It was 50/50 so you had a good shot LOL.

I am measuring 20 wk 3 days too but it is normal for babies to be off. Brett always measured big...but he was also 9 lbs 10 oz LOL

So excited

RedReba
01-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Katie - Don't scare me like that. 9 lbs!!!! I think I would be for sure having the c-section!!!!

Sorry it took so long to post, but I had to go straight to work from the u/s so had to wait to post.

dawniejune
01-07-2010, 10:26 PM
geez, girls!! You make me feel like I did something wrong by finding out!! LOL I'm glad I did, but just sayin'.... hahahaha

Red - can't wait to find out. I'm cheering for a girl so I have someone else one here having a girl, too! LOL

I'm hangin with ya Leeann! lol I need to change my ticker to pink!
I am VERY happy you found out. And thrilled you're also having a girl again. It's funny how close we were on our first girls and now both having second girls. :) I would have loved to have boy or girl this time, but have to admit to really liking Team PINK!

SunshineDust
01-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Reba- Congrats on the boy!!!!!!! Hope everything turns out to be okay with the placenta thing.

Leeann- that picture idea sounds so great! Silly question (but I'm totally new to all of this) but do you pay extra for the 4D??

bird- I don't think it's selfish at all! I get more u/s than most...up to 9 weeks I was getting one every week...and I've had 2 since then PLUS another 1 tomorrow. I know I'm high risk and all, but I'm totally spoiled now and after tomorrow my next one isn't until 2/1 and I'm already getting antsy about that. lol

Kim- wow you do have a house full!! It's so hard making that decision. We're now down to 1 cat (which I refuse to get rid of) and 2 dogs (a golden retriever and a pekingnese). We had planned on keeping the cat and the pekingnese, but now DH wants to try to make it work with the golden too. I guess we can at least try it out and go from there.

That's as far back as I can go...Hello to anyone I missed!!

I have my first "regular OB" appointment tomorrow. They told me to expect to be there for 3-4 hours. Ugh! But I do get another u/s so that's always fabulous:)

I think we're going to try to register in the next couple of weeks since we want to have our shower around 20-24 weeks (due to the whole bedrest/possible hospitalization/preterm thing). It feels very overwhelming though.

chelseaf
01-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Reba, Congrats on the BOY!!!! Lots of boys!

Judy, I believe you have to pay for the 4D u/s unless your OB uses it as their normal. The place I'm looking at to get it done has a package where you get a dvd, pictures, and watch it on a big screen TV with family/friends for $99. I might do it at 16 weeks so we can find out the sex before we go to visit the inlaws. That's really the only reason I want it lol.

RedReba
01-07-2010, 11:24 PM
The 4D/3D you pay for are cool, but not approved by the FDA due to being commercial not medical grade. You just want to ask lots of questions prior to doing it.

My Dr. doesn't do 3D unless there is a major problem. I am fine with not having 3D, but the pix are cool and look just like the baby. My friends did it for their 1st and it was cool, but they paid over $200 for their package and made sure it was a medical grade machine.

Cac0115
01-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Reba- Welcome to team blue! A few more and we'll have our own sports team!

Judy-good luck at your ob appt tomarrow! I had already done a registry at walmart(online but everything is available in store), I think so I wouldn't try to go shopping...I was itching to do something!

My mom is thinking that something big is gonna happen on April 6 between 330 and 430 in the am b/c she wakes up every morning at those times and keeps confusing my shower date(which we set for the 3rd). It could make sense since I woke her up at 330am when my water broke with Alex, but I'm hoping it's nothing to do with me or the baby since it'd be preterm!

Cac0115
01-08-2010, 02:03 AM
sorry for the double post but.... I was eating poptarts lol, and when I looked at the package and there are 2 girls on it...and one definately looks pregnant!! lmao...and future tip for the rest of you...an orange does not taste as good at first when eaten right after a pickle!:)

SunshineDust
01-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks everyone for the info on the 4D...I always thought it was included...I guess because everyone did it lol.

Candace- LOL!! I can also add that chocolate ice cream and potato chips with ranch dip do not taste good at all after first brushing your teeth in the morning.

And my birthday is April 6:)

OB visit in 2 hours!! I just saw these babies on Monday and I'm already anxious to see them again!!!!

lighthouse830
01-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Red- congrats on the boy! :) I'm glad you got what you were hoping for!

RedReba
01-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks for all the congrats on my Boy. I am really happy, but mostly cause he is healthy.

sunshine - you are lucky to see your little ones so often, but also with 3 you deserve it. Have you joined any Mother of Multiples groups? My friend has triplets and says they were a life saver when it came to clothes exchange, gear and general support.

Cac - I don't think anything tastes good after eating a pickle.

AFM - It is 6:30 am here and I can't sleep!! :( I was not tired so didn't go to bed till midnight, and then awake at 3, 4, 5, 6 and so I just got up cause the tossing and turning was starting to make my back hurt. Hopefully I can get a nap today. I am thinking this is just the begining of not sleeping and being uncomfortable.

Hope everyone has a great day :)

Cac0115
01-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Reba-I'm usually up atleast half the night everynight. Today, I've been up since yesterday....soo yay insomnia! And pickles and hamburgers taste good after eating pickles, just not much else...lol

Judy-I don't think anything but super cold water is good after brushing your teeth! Good luck at your appt today and have fun seeing your lo's this morning!

Darlin
01-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Sunshine - Glad you get to see your little ones again today.

Red - Congrats on Team Blue - Now I am jealous that everyone knows and I still don't. Haha. Oh well we will know eventually right?

AFM - Finally slept all night last night! DH has a big job interview today, so hoping that this is it. It will elimnate tons of stress. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend.

leeann38
01-08-2010, 10:56 AM
I wonder why there are so many boys! That's just crazy! If you look at the pregnancy thread... they are all boys! LOL

leeann38
01-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Ok, I meant to do some personals and had a dumb moment.

Dawnie- I know! I'm excited to be having 2 girls. I love my little girl (don't get me wrong, I'd like a boy too, but I'm not picky about the gender). It will be nice because Makenna's room is really big and has 2 closets so we are getting Makenna a nice set of bunkbeds that can separate so that if/when we try for a third, we can room the girls together and keep the nursery the same. If we do try for a third, though, I truly believe it will be another girl. As most of you know, my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer in Dec 08 and passed away in June 09. The cancer spread to her brain at the end of April 09 and one day before she died, out of nowhere she looked at my sisters and said, "Lee Ann will have all girls." I wasn't even trying to get pregnant and wasn't pregnant yet. It is just really strange. I didn't know that before I told my sisters it was a girl (they didn't want to ruin the surprise for me.) I just have to wonder if there is some truth to what she said, though... kwim? I guess it's a good thing I'm not anti-girl. lol

Re: 3D/4D - we paid for it. I think we paid like $180 or something for it. We were glad we did it, though! And I think the reason that they are not approved by the FDA isn't because they aren't safe, they just are not to be used for diagnostic purposes when you go to a place that specializes in them. The place I went to wouldn't do it if you weren't being seen somewhere for prenatal care where you got a 20 week u/s to check for abnormalities, etc.

katiejill
01-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Sunshine- You have a good birthday....it's mine too!!!!

chelseaf
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Darlin, I will keep my fingers crossed about DH's interview!

LeeAnn, you know, I wouldn't be surprised if she was right. My dad too died from cancer and when he was getting close he said some things that kind of made us wonder. You can look at those little girls and know she is there watching. :)

AFM I am so excited! I just made my appt for the 4D u/s. I just can't wait until my 20 week u/s to find out lol. I have it scheduled for the 19th, righ when I turn 16 weeks. The package I'm getting is $99 and you get the dvd and pictures. They were recommended by my OB so I'm not too worried about safety. They did ask me to bring one of my ultrasound pictures to prove that I am under the care of a doctor. Good thing they couldn't all fit in my baby book! lol.

chelseaf
01-08-2010, 02:50 PM
ok scratch the 19th, now the 20th because DH has to be at work late on the 19th! grr.

leeann38
01-08-2010, 05:33 PM
That's so exciting, chels!!!

ndinkel
01-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Wow, way to many posts since the last time I read to respond to all.

Sunshine-I can't wait to hear how the OB appt. went today.

Chel-I'm sure that will be so exciting to have your 3D u/s! Dh's schedules always get the way of our fun!

Leann-Congrats on baby girl!

Darlin-Glad you were able to get some sleep. I went through a couple of sleepless nights lately but that was mostly b/c Leah was up and then I couldn't get back to sleep.

RedReba-Congrats on baby boy! Have you picked out a name yet?

Okay, that is about as much as I can remember. I do remember reading about the desire or lack of to DTD. That has been such a major issue for me. It isn't that I don't want to, I love being with DH but I have no energy and I don't have that desire to just jump him. We still do about two times a week but I never really start it. He says he understands and I thought about asking my Dr. about it but DH goes to all of my appt. and I don't think he wants me to ask about it.

AFM-I have an OB appt. on Monday and I can't wait. I really hope he schedules my u/s but I bet he will wait until my next appt. LO had been moving a lot this week but calmed down yesterday and today. I liked it better when he was moving all the time. My contractions have also started up again this week. This morning from like 8-9:45 they were a couple of minutes apart. At one point I couldn't hide the pain anymore and had to have someone cover my class so I could go to the nurses office until they stopped. I don't want my students to get scared. At lunch another teacher asked me how I was suppose to tell if I was in labor, I told her when my water breaks:) At least they haven't got to the point where it looks labor. That was the hardest thing with Leah. All those reasons why they tell you to go to LD, I would get them all the time, everything looked like labor but no baby. I told DH that this time I don't care how long they last or how much pain I am in, I'm not going to LD unless my water breaks or my dr. tells me to.
Sorry this got so long. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

ndinkel
01-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh, name ideas. Tell me what you think.

Boy-Zachariah Lee-This one we know

Girl Options- Deanna Lynn, Rebekah Lynn or Rebekah Louanne. I'm really leaning towards Rebekah as a first name but DH wants Deanna. But DH also is positive we are having a boy!

trying hard
01-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Well it's sure been busy on here today :)

I know I won't get to everyone but wanted to comment on the libido issue....I guess I am the odd ball here but I don't have that problem at all...I mean sometimes it's just the opposite, to dh's delight ;) I know for the first couple of months it was a bit lower since I wasn't feeling too great and was so freakin' nervous to cause any bleeding, but once that went away libido was back!! I'm sure as the belly gets bigger it will diminish again but for now I love it since we can "dtd" with no pressure, just enjoyment :)

Red - Congrats on the boy!!!!

Ndinkel - I love Zachariah and of your girls names I love Rebekah Lynn :) It's a hard decision picking out names...we are having a rough time anyways. I have lots of girls names that I love but not the case with boys names and the boys names that I do really like usually are the names of my friends baby! We need to make some decisions soon though!!

trying hard
01-08-2010, 06:55 PM
OMG, i just noticed that I am at 99 days!!!!! Never thought I'd see under 100 days :)

Cac0115
01-08-2010, 07:08 PM
woohoo trying! down to double digits!!

with libido...if I'm not the sleepy one, dh is...so it's a back n forth thing, but I think he's a little scared b/c he doesn't know what's safe right now and has asked me a few times already....I told him whatever doesnt squish me! lol

trying hard
01-09-2010, 09:15 AM
thanks Cac - I wonder if all that excitement about getting to double digits caused the anxiety that might have caused my weird and scary dream last night?? I dreamt that when I woke up this morning there was blood when I wiped, but when I kept wiping it went from blood to clots to what looked like parts of a lobster with the big antennas and stuff....so strange!!!!!

I wanted to ask everyone, when does your belly button start pushing out and does that happen to every pregnant lady??? According to some of the stuff I read, mine should already be out and it's not, but I've also never known anyone who hasn't had that happen....just curious!

lighthouse830
01-09-2010, 09:24 AM
tryin- my belly button with the first two pregnancies never popped out. I always have had a deeper belly button though because I carry my weight in the tummy area anyways. With these little ones, you can see my belly button flipping out now. It's not an outie yet, but I think it will be by the time I deliver! My sister, who is very thin (size 1 usually) never had hers pop out either, so I don't know what the deal is.
& congrats on getting to 99 days left! :)

leeann38
01-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Mine never popped out, but I'm pretty heavy.

ndinkel - On the names, I like Rebekah Lynn! I thought I was having a boy, too! LOL Looks like there are lots of tea parties in my future! LOL

birdling
01-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Lighthouse -- my belly button never popped out; it just sort of stretched and disappeared. It was really weird looking, actually. :) Not sure what's going to happen this time around but there's not much of it left ...

Ndinkel -- love the name Rebekah Lynn!

shan3401
01-09-2010, 01:14 PM
My belly button never popped out w/ my son. Hasn't yet w/ this one, but it is really early.

RedReba
01-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Ndinkel - Love Rebekah Lynn!! What made you decide on the Hebrew spelling?

Trying - Crongrats on double digits. It just seems so far away for me. As for the Belly Button, I think it will take a lot for mine to go out. I have a super deep one, and while it is stretching, I don't want to imagine being big enough for it to pop out.

AFM - we finished the registry!! It is nice to start preparing. We also bought the cutest little romper outfit for his coming home from the hospital. It was great shopping, testing and lookign for m, not a friend, or sister, but me!! He was super active yesterday and had some pain, so took it easy today, he is moving a little bit, but the pain is gone. Too much walking yesterday I think. We have had names picked out for years and it is great to finally be able to use it.

Our little guy will be Benjamin H, H does not stand for anything and is not an initial short for something. My FIL is Bruce H, DH is Brandon H and now we will have Benjamin H. It is important for DH to have his oldest son carry on the tradition his father passed to him. I am not wanting to us the name for him till he is born, till them we are still calling him Sprout (what I called the egg when it was growing, and then him as he has grown).

Cac0115
01-10-2010, 03:54 AM
trying-you're welcome! as far as the belly button thing goes, mine never popped with Alex, and it never looked deformed either, and the same thing with my cousin when she was preggo..and we were both HUGE by the time we delivered.

reba- yay to the registry! I did one last week online...but I still plan on going into another store with dh...this is his first baby and I know he doesn't yet realize everything a baby needs(mostly the one-time purchase items)

ndink-I'd have to agree on Rebekah Lynn:)

Our LO will be Tony Martin. dh doesn't want antonio b/c he said it sounds too spanish and just doesn't want anthony since he like Tony, and Martin is another family name.
I just had this weird feeling in my chest though..it wasn't heartburn,but idk what it was...it almost felt like a baby kicking in my chest...like I said weird

trying hard
01-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Wow, you guys all seem so prepared already!! I am in the initial stages of cleaning out the spare room to combine it with the computer room so we can have a nursery :) We haven't bought anything other than a few stuffed animals that will be part of the nursery decorations. I REALLY need to get cracking :) I think it's because dh & I were so afraid of "jinxing" ourselves that we didn't want to get started with anything...however, feeling a little more confident that this baby will arrive, in 14 weeks or so, and I need to get ready now! So very exciting :)

As for the belly buttons, I guess I just always assumed that everyone had a popping belly button but now I obviously know different! I guess I won't worry that mine hasn't popped, at least it hasn't yet. It's very stretched and wierd looking and not very deep anymore but hasn't turned into an outie :) Thanks everyone!

jessicaileen
01-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi ladies! I'm going to join you all over here now that I'm 13 weeks. I took a picture of my belly and will post it later today once my mother e-mails it to me, haha.

Do you guys get round ligament pain? I think that's what I keep getting. If I cough or sneeze it hurts like a mother! But now if I just turn the wrong way, I'm getting it too. Its pain at my sides down by where my ovaries would be or hip bone. What do you all think? Normal or a concern?

katiejill
01-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Jessica--that is def round ligament pain. I have been getting it lately too. You are growing and stretching and the baby is probably going through a growth spurt too:D

trying- I haven't bought anything either but I also already have a crib from my first.

SunshineDust
01-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Ndinkel- I love Rebekah Lynn too:):) And I love the name Zachariah (I hope I spelled that right).

Reba- Yay for getting the registry done!!!! We're going to do our's in the next couple of weeks. I'm excited to do it but at the same time everything seems so daunting I'm kinda putting it off...

trying- I was wondering about the belly button thing too..I have a pretty deep belly button, but can already tell it's getting more and more shallow.

Leeann- I just noticed you picked out a name for your little girl!! I loooove the name Kelsey!!:):) Beautiful!!

I missed a lot I'm sure, but that's as far as I can go back:(

As for my OB appointment..aside from it being REALLY long, it was okay. It probably sounds stupid, but I miss my RE's office. Everyone was so much more professional and the people in the waiting room seemed a lot nicer. Now it's a bunch of pregnant 16 year olds complaining about crying babies. The OB was really nice, a little weird, but nice. They did the glucose test and I'm assuming it came back normal because no one said anything to me about it.

My entire top lip has broken out in fever blisters:( It looks terrible and it's really painful. I get them when my immune system goes down or when I'm in the sun, and from my extensive googling, it seems your immune system is really weak in pregnancy and I'm assuming that's why my lip looks like I got my butt kicked.

Oh!! And I think I might have felt some flutters that may have been movement?????? I've never felt anything like it before. If it was what I think it was, that is soo incredibly amazing:):):)

jessicaileen
01-10-2010, 11:41 AM
sunshine - I got the same feeling every so often too - I'm assuming it's baby too! Isn't it cool? I only feel it when I'm really still. To me, it feels like a goldfish in my uterus, haha!

leeann38
01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Yay for feeling movement, girls! That's so exciting.

Sunshine - when I was pg with Makenna, I loved to watch my belly move all over. Yours is going to be awesome with 3 in there moving!!

My friends came over last night with their 3 month old daughter, Lily. It was a lot of fun playing with a little baby again! Makenna is so cute now, she talks about her sister by her name. If you ask her if she's getting a brother or a sister, she'll say "a sister!" and if you ask her name she'll say "Telsey" LOL She's not too good with her k's yet. LOL

trying hard
01-10-2010, 02:47 PM
jessica - Welcome to the second tri!!! Definitely sounds like round ligament pain to me, but if you are concerned just give your doc a quick call to ease your mind. As for the movement you are feeling, in the beginning I only felt the flutters if I was completely still as well, exciting isn't it?!?!?

katie - I'm glad I'm not the only one then ;)

Sunshine - The fever blisters don't sound pleasant at all, but youare right, pregnancy definitely lowers our immune system since it's now working so hard for the baby, or babies for you :) On the other hand, feeling that movement sounds awesome!! I always desribed what I felt early on like butterflies trapped in my belly...it's so amazing!!! I'm sure you will feel so much a lot faster with 3 of them in there!

Leeann - Sounds like Makenna is getting super excited...so cute :)

chelseaf
01-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Jessica, welcome to the second tri!!! I have the round ligament pains too. I even called my doctor because it was really low and I thought maybe it was my cervix. They said it was normal, so that eased my mind a bit.

Judy, I'm sorry about the cold sores! I hope they clear up soon. Are you allowed to take anything for them? And I get what you mean about the difference about the RE and OB. The RE's office always seemed nicer and more proffesional. I'm guessing it's because they understand the struggle and the OBs just see the pregnancy side of things.

LeeAnn, I'm glad McKenna is excited for a baby sister. Love the name Kelsey, kind of close to mine!

I haven't purchased anything at all! I take that back, I did buy a baby book, lol. I'm trying to wait on buying a lot of things until I move to my mom's in May, but I'm sure I'll start buying a few things when we find out the sex. Plus, I know that my mom and DH's family want to help out with a few of the big things so I'll probably wait until after the baby shower for all of that.
Speaking of moving, I am starting to stress out about it and it's not for another 4 months! I mostly feel bad because DH won't be there. There is a chance that they will either hold him back on the deployment or fly him in for the birth, but I'm not holding my breath. Makes me sad too because even if he is there for the birth he won't see the baby again for another 5 months! I was proactive and already picked out an OB there and spoke with them about transfering so late in my pregnancy. They will take me, but I just have to get them my records about a month before I move. Phew!

ndinkel
01-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Real quick post...I'm suppose to be doing lesson plans:)

Zachariah Lee-Zachariah was my cousin's name. We were only three months apart and really good friends. He died in a car accident the night before his 21st birthday so I have always wanted to name my son Zach. Lee is DH's middle name.

I really really want Rebekah Lynn for a girl name. I love biblical baby names and in my baby book it lists names that are good for sibling groups. It had Rebekah listed as a name that went well with Leah. I love biblical baby names so that is part of where the spelling comes, it would also be in memory of someone but I still needs to check and see if that is okay with the mama. Lynn is a friend of mine's middle name. She was my big sister from big brothers and sisters when I was little. We were matched when I was 9 and she was around 28. We are still very very close and she is the one who pushed me to go to the dr. and figure out what we going on in the female area b/c she was never able to have kids.
Back to work...oh yeah. My sister had her twins boys today! 7wks early but they are both doing well.

kimbree7
01-10-2010, 06:19 PM
ok ladies I have a pretty personal question to ask I know alot of you have been asking about sex drive and lack there of but I kinda have another situation going on. I am always in the mood for the most part and me and dh BD a couple times a week at least well lately it has been hurting DH like its to tight (I know TMI and I am sorry) He said that its getting worse the more pregnant I get. At first we would use lube and that helped but now thats not even working. I just don't understand it and now its so tight he doesn't even want to attempt it!!!! And the thought of not BDing at all for the rest of my pregnancy is really getting to me. And he is serious!!! It really does hurt him to the point you can't even touch it!!! I know my cm has changed since I have been pregnant but when I am in the mood its about the same as usual. I asked if it was tender or hurt when we don't BD and he claims that it only hurts like that after we try to BD!! So what do you ladies think, have you ever heard of this happening? I told DH I would ask the dr at my next appointment and he didn't seem to happy about that and that's not even until the end of the month. What am I gonna do till then! I'm just outa my mind with this!!

leeann38
01-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Kimbree - I have no idea what that could be! Is it a lubrication issue? Definitely ask your doc or google it. LOL!

shan3401
01-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Jessica--Welcome to the 2nd trimester. I have been having those pains sooooo much lately too. You are not alone.

Judy--sorry about the cold sores. Can you use abreva? I get them occasionally and it works well, but not sure if we can use that in pregnancy.

Leann--how cute that your little one is excited for her sister. My son is 8 and I am really worried about his adjustment since he has been the only one for so long, but he does talk about the baby and we take him for the ultrasounds.

SunshineDust
01-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Shan- I sure hope I can use Abreva...I've been slathering it on every 30 minutes lol.

Kim- I am really unsure of what that could be...I know with the increased blood flow things seem to swell down there...but to the point of it hurting DH? I have no clue!! Do you feel comfortable asking your OB?? And this may be TMI or too personal lol..but could you try maybe stretching things out first??

ndinkel- congrats to your sister!!! That's so awesome!! DH and I love biblical names too...He's jewish so we're looking at some nice old testament names:)

chelsea- I definitely know what you mean about moving being stressful. We're going to be moving into my father-in-laws house for a little while because 3 babies means me not working and we're worried about finances. Which adds even more stress:( I definitely think it's a good idea to wait to buy a lot til you move...less stuff to pack up!!

I really need to vent...And my pre-apologies for the ranting and if it gets too long...But as I said, we're moving into my FIL's house for probably the first year until we can figure everything out since I'll lose my job when I have to go on bedrest (not eligible for FMLA because I started there at the end of April 09). Anyway, we went over there last night because his dad wanted us to check out space and figure out whether or not we wanted to get a storage unit or just sell most of our stuff. Well first of all, he starts by saying I know you're not supposed to talk about finances, but you'll be living in my house so I need to know how much you make blah blah blah. His dad isn't known for being very tactful, but that kinda bothered me right off the bat. We will have no problem paying for ANYTHING on our own since we won't have to worry about paying rent. We don't expect anything from him...not money, help with the babies, anything. He's telling us we need to pay for someone to come and clean the house twice a month and all of this crazy stuff and how we need to pay off our debt in 1 year...not gonna happen pal.

So then Bryan (DH) asks him what his girlfriend thinks of everything..like in terms of his dad having grandchildren, that sort of thing. His dad's reply, "she thinks you bit off more than you can chew and she's a little resentful that we can't get married for a year now". First of all, they've been dating for 4 months and both of them just finalized a divorce at the beginning of 2009 (his dad's FOURTH marriage might I add). Not that it's any of my business, but still...Second of all, we didn't CHOOSE to have triplets!!! Doesn't this B* think I'm freaking out and stressed?!!? Not even my RE thought we'd have triplets. So when he advised me to transfer 4, I trusted him. But now we're stuck in this situation because we do not believe in selective reduction or abortion (especially after everything we've been through) and I can't exactly choose 2 of them to give up for adoption! It wasn't like we went into the RE's office and said hey, give us the 3 for 1 special. We totally know that we're somewhat screwed and we're freaking out, which is why we asked his dad for help...not to mention his dad has been begging us to move in with him for over a year now. We figured it'd be better to just live with him for a little while instead of letting some of our bills go and destroying our credit. His dad was happy!! But when he said what her thoughts on this situation were I had to choke back tears...it kinda hurt.

Then!! (and again I'm so sorry this is so long)...He starts saying how Bryan's grandmother is getting pissy about having to buy 3 things, like cribs or carseats. OMG!! We never asked for a freaking thing!!!!!!! We didn't even expect gifts or a shower from them..or anything!!!!!! The only thing we did was give Bryan's dad the christmas present of the picture frame at their Christmas Eve party...In no way was it a ploy for presents. We weren't even thinking that. In fact, his aunt and grandmother told us to tell them when we knew the sex because they wanted to throw me a shower. I do not expect anyone to buy 3 of anything. We have set money aside, and we'll have tax money, that we expected to buy all of the big stuff with because we figured the only things we'd get at a shower were normal things like onsies and diapers. So now I don't know what to do...I want to tell them in some way that we do not expect them to buy us anything and I kinda don't want them to buy us anything if they're going to get upset about it!!! I didn't set out to have triplets to ruin people's lives. We know that these our OUR babies, no one elses and we're not asking anyone for anything other than a place to stay for a little while. Which we didn't think was a big deal since like I said, Bryan's dad has been begging us to come and live with him for a long time.

I'm just a thousand times more stressed than I was before...I feel like I'm putting everyone out. I've been crying about it all day. It just hurts. We're so overjoyed to finally be having a family and everyone's starting to resent us for having triplets. WE DID NOT ASK FOR THIS!! WE JUST WANTED A BABY AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!! How can I get them to see that?!!?!?!?!

chelseaf
01-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Judy, all I can say is WOW! I can't believe they would be acting like that! Is your FIL the only option? They really shouldn't be making you feel like that. They are getting three new additions to their family, it's a happy thing! There are just some people who we can't understand. Are you sure that maybe your FIL wasn't just exaggerating about what his Grandma was saying? And it sure doesn't sound like he should be getting married for the 5th time! About the finances, it's really none of his business. I could understand if you weren't pulling your weight, but you haven't even moved in yet! I was kind of worried about moving in with my mom and us butting heads, but saving that extra money each month will really help out.

If you ever need to vent, feel free to vent to me! I totally understand what you're going through. We haven't even heard from my FIL since we told everyone. David told his Grandma, so I'm sure he knows. I hope you feel better soon. Just remember you were blessed with these three babies and everything will work out. :)

katiejill
01-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Judy- so sorry you are going through this right now. You def don't need the stress. I think your FIL is just nervous about all the changes he is facing and it is probably best that he is not getting married for another year LOL....maybe he will change his mind by then. Just focus on saving and getting ready for the babies ( I have a feeling no one will remember these initial thoughts once they see their precious faces) Besides after you have them you will get a whole bunch of taxes back and should help you get your own place then. Honestly just think about the babies..everyone will have their input and it REALLY doesn't matter what they think. This is just the first of many comments you will get...trust me...they hurt but don't let them make you miserable. Come here to vent whenever you want. We will listen to you. (((HUGS))))

SunshineDust
01-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks girls..Your comments really help so much! I'm just so hormonal as it is and these people hurt my feelings. It was probably because I already knew we had more than we could handle...We never wanted to have to move in with his dad! This definitely isn't ideal for us. It's just like for years they've harrassed us about when we were going to have kids and now they're harrassing us for having too many!!

I think his girlfriend is just ticked off that we're invading her plans. And not everyone understands what it is like to be on the other side of the fertility situation.

Is there some way we can tell people that we don't expect them to buy us 3 presents!? Or that we don't expect them to buy big ticket items like cribs or car seats? Is that something you put in your invitations, lol?

I'm so put off by the whole situation that I don't even want to have a shower now...I'm super paranoid that everyone thinks we're looking for a handout or something.

leeann38
01-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Sunshine - I'm sorry that you are dealing with it. I agree with everything that has been said and am too tired to re-type all of it! LOL But I was thinking, when you register at BRU there is a spot where you can put a note. Maybe just put a brief note there saying that you don't expect everyone to buy 3 of everything or something like that. I mean, there are lots of people who register for multiples of things - for instance, maybe 5 diaper genie refills, but no one ever buys all 5. I think it would be the same for triplets. Sure, you'd register for 3 car seats, but you certainly wouldn't expect one person to buy all 3... what the heck! lol

kimbree7
01-10-2010, 11:58 PM
sunshine- You know people always seem to say the wrong things no matter what the situation. I know you are angry and I agree with you 100% but don't feel like having a shower is some ploy to get gifts!!! (which isn't that the whole point of a shower really) How many showers have you been to??? I am sure you have been to a ton!! And at anytime did you think oh my gosh these people are so selfish for having a shower???And with three wonderful bundle of joys on the way I would be there with bells on and half my savings gone to help you out!!! It is such a wonderful thing! And you know the fact of the matter is YOU are not the one being selfish!!! THEY ARE!!!! I am sorry you are going through this because you have so much more on your plate, and then people just have to keep pileing the crap on. (litteraly)lol But let me tell you girl I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we don't know the reason right away but it comes to us. You have been given a very special gift and a very special situation and you can't blame others for not being able to understand. They don't know what we go through and they couldn't imagine how strong we are. They will see in their own time. Hopefully lol!!!

AFM I have done some research on swelling in that area during pregnancy, it says that sometimes it can be caused by a blocked nerve or infection. I don't believe I have an infection but who knows. So I will call the ob's office tomorrow to ask what to do. I am getting so frustrated and DH isn't helping. He seems okay with us not being able to do it and that really bothers me!!

RedReba
01-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Sunshine - I am so sorry. That is so hard!!!! As for the gifts, only register for the smaller stuff and then if people ask what you need tell about the registery and that you have all the big stuff. I know they may complain, but they love you and want to help. About you FIL I have no idea how to deal with him, but hope it works out for you all. Always feel free to rant on here, we may not have the same family issues, but understand the insensitivity of those not understanding infertility.

AFM - We registered for all the main stuff, but no clothes!! We figured that people will buy the clothes they like if they want to buy clothes. I was excited and ready to register, but I had to wait till we found out the sex.

Congrats to those feeling the movements, it is great right!!! I love it, but recently there have been some harder punches/kicks that shock me, even hurt a little. It also let me know he is still doing okay in there!

Well back to real life, school start tomorrow! My last semester of undergrad!! Then a year or so off and then Master's Degree.

Cac0115
01-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Judy--OMG...I think your FIL's gf is maybe just jealous that you guys are gonna be there(besides, who's stopping them from getting married tomarrow anyways?), but as far as he goes...is his house already a mess? If it is, how could he expect you guys to pay for a maid? and even if it isnt, he's jumping the gun just a little there to assume you're going to need one. Have you talked to your dh about it made you feel? He would probably be the best one to talk to your FIL for you to express these things and to get all those questions sorted out.
As far as the big ticket items, just don't put any of them on your list and tell them you have all the big stuff like Reba said. They probably would've gotten more than one single pieced item if you were only having one baby anyways.
I'm sure it's probably not your style, but I (and my dh) have gotten to the point of frustration with some people that we just tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine! Feel free to totally vent here, it's not we don't ever:)

Which kinda brings me to what I've been a little po'd about. We live with my mom and my youngest sister, who just turned 14 and really doesn't care what she's told. About a week ago she went to my dh's sisters' house to get a hair cut, and my mom specifically told all 3 of them(dh has twin sisters) that her hair was NOT to come back short..which it did anyways, and it doesn't look good in general or compliment her facial structure. My mom told her when she came back that she wasn't happy b/c it was short anyways, and I told her I didn't like it..not to be mean, but honestly it really doesnt look good.
The sister that walked her back home got a little defensive and insisted it wasn't short...but it led into my sisters clothing also. She had this one skirt that was WAAAY TOO SHORT and it nearly showed her butt..and she was trying to wear it with thick eye liner and fish nets...so I was trying to explain to my SIL that my sister is also trying to dress way too old for her age and is giving boys the wrong impression of her.
She took it back my other SIL, who decided it was in her jurisdiction to call me like crazy and when I didnt answer b/c I was at work decided to text how rude and disrespectful I am. She then decided it was a good idea to tell us how glad she was that we are having a boy and hopes that we never have daughters so I can't "tear them down" like I do my sister! My dh had already gotten into an arguement with that sister while I was at work b/c of the way she was talking...and didn't know what she sent to me(after they got off the phone none-the-less)...so he was really pissed....So now my dh isn't talking to most of his family.

Looks likes pregnancy and babies is bringing out all sorts of family drama for a few of us.

lighthouse830
01-11-2010, 09:52 AM
wow, sorry to hear about all the family dramas :( I hope everyone has a better week!

SunshineDust
01-11-2010, 10:12 AM
You all are absolutely right. After letting it all out and getting everyone's feedback I'm feeling so much better about it today. I'm just one of those people that care too much about what everyone else is thinking and feeling--total people pleaser!!

And Kim-you are so right that the point of a shower is to give someone gifts anyway and I've been to a TON! No matter how much it hurt!! It really is only his family..or at least his dad and dad's girlfriend (and the comments he said his grandma made which may have been exaggerated by his dad). My work is already planning me a shower and Bryan's work, which half of them I've never even met, are planning us a shower...and all of the office girls have even told him they're all chipping in to buy the 3 carseats!

We only plan on 1 crib at first anyway and we either plan to buy a used crib (found the exact one we were going to buy at target on craigslist for $70) and then just buy a new mattress, or we'll just buy the one we wanted at Target because it's only $150. We don't NEED a changing table unless we can find a nice used one...and I don't need some fancy glider. We have it more figured out than they think we do. I know we're "younger" but we're not kids. It's not like we're having triplets at the age of 15 or something!!

Anyway!!

Candace- Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that I'm not the only one with family drama. I can remember being a little bit like your sister when I was 14 ( definitely no fishnets and mini skirts though lol). And I do not think you were out of line one bit saying that you think she looks like she's dressing too old for her age!!! But his sisters were definitely out of line saying what they did to you about having a boy.

Oh the joys of in laws!!

skusisto
01-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Judy - You're totally right on the glider! Even if you nurse... they do not work for tandem nursing! They're too small! I PM'ed you more...

lighthouse830
01-11-2010, 10:57 AM
sku- I didn't even think of the glider not working for the tandem nursing, good point :) I have a recliner in the nursery right now so I hope that will work with nursing two! I have a rocking chair in storage but I didn't think it would be as comfortable as a recliner for holding two babies.

Tink
01-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Hi Ladies! I'm not "officially" here til tomorrow whan I hit 13 weeks, but just wanted to add...

Judy- sorry for so much crap! And I agree 100% with Katiejill....no matter how many babies you have, people are going to give you "advice" (usually unwanted). You kinda end up learning early on in the newborn phase to let it all roll off your back. At Owen's 1st pedi appt the pedi gave advice that I really liked. He said that "everyone you know and even some you don't know, including myself, are going to give you advice on how to raise your child. You are the parent and believe it or not, you know what's best. So, listen to the advice and then go with your own gut." I loved that advice. I'm glad you're feeling better about things today!!

Cac0115
01-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Judy- I agree..inlaws! hmph! But like I said..we are frustrated enough to just tell people to shove it! I am lucky though to have my mom here(who's planning on using her tax return to get most of our big ticket items) and my dh backing me up.

Tink--eh close enough! what's a few days?? Atleast your pedi included himself in his little advise tidbit! He sounds like an honest doc!

Speaking of my mom, I think I'll be watching her closely today instead of the other way around. Today would've been my gma's birthday, and we are going to the wake of my mom's ex's oldest son who we were really close to at one point(he was shot 4 times in the back early thursday morning). He was only 20 yrs old.

katiejill
01-11-2010, 11:41 AM
judy- glad you are feeling better. These dang hormones. I am a people pleaser too. (must be b/c we have the same b-day;))

Cac- that is horrible! SO sorry:(

Tink- welcome and wow I can't believe it. This time is going by way fast!

Reba- you will get plenty of clothes..no need to register for them. get the stuff you need;)

AFM- nothing new. Just waiting for it to warm up a little

RedReba
01-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Candace - Sorry about the tragic death, even though still not step bro being close, it still hurts. If you need support liet me know, I know the hurt of losing a sibling unexpectedly.

All the Family Drama with inlaws makes me appreciate mine, even with all their qirks and issues, they are nothing like those described here. Hope everyone's families settle down so you can focus on growing babies!! We are always here to help and support even when those who are suppossed to love you aren't being supportive.

shan3401
01-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Sunshine--I am so sorry that you have to go through all of that. That has to be a stressful situation. Family is hard to deal with sometimes and they can be so insensitive.

Tink--Welcome to the 2nd trimester!

Cac0115
01-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Thannk you Katie and Reba for the well wishes, I'm handling it just fine and will be fine until hormones kick over later tonight and I see his mom and sister.

kimbree7
01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
cac- so sorry! I lost a very close friend of mine just a few months ago and it never seems the same especially when they are young he was only 28 and died from a heart attack, still doesn't seem real.

AFM- all this talk about inlaws makes me think about my MIL and how she always says the wrong things. I am the type of person who like to involve the people close to me in just about everything especially having this baby. When me and Dh first decided to have a baby 5 plus years ago my MIL actually said my DH shouldn't have children! I was crushed and she seemed almost happy that I was having so many problems she said it was gods will!!! I could have killed her. And Dh took it really hard but I convinced him that he is going to be a great father probably the best!! She always seems to cut him down no matter what it is. Poor guy he had to live with that his whole life. No wonder he has problems with depression.

ndinkel
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I can never keep up, I don't post for a day and wow!
I'll try to do personals later. I have an OB appt. at 4 and I can't wait. I really really hope he schedules my u/s but I know I won't be that lucky. I just can't wait to see my LO again. He/she has been moving a lot today and I just love it!

I'll try to post later. I have to close up my classroom then run and get DH for our appt!

:)

ndinkel
01-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Just got back. HB was 154 and he actually scheduled my u/s!!!! January 29th at 4pm. We are so excited. We are going to bring Leah with us. I hope she does okay:)

chelseaf
01-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm glad the appt went well ndinkel!!! And woohoo for your u/s! I can't wait for my next one. :)

SunshineDust
01-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Candace- I am so sorry you're going through that!! That is so awful and sad!! Your family is definitely in my thoughts today!!

Kim- what a horrible thing for a mother to say!!! FIL is like that...but he makes more crude remarks..like about my chest. I'm a bit busty (but totally proportional)...I'm a D. He was telling me how I shouldn't have any trouble breastfeeding with my big boobs. Or he was telling me how breastfeeding will make my nipples leathery but Bryan won't mind. He's also referred to them as giant watermelons at one point. UGHHH!!! I am extremely modest and come from an extremely modest family so this kind of talk makes me soooo uncomfortable.

Not to mention he tells EVERYONE about our infertility issues. One time we went to dinner to meet one of his new many girlfriends...first time meeting this woman...and she knew about IVF and was asking us all these questions about Bryan's sperm. AWKWARD!!!!!!

Ndinkel- SOOO happy the appt went well!! That's so awesome!!! I can't wait for your u/s (or my next one for that matter lol)

Has anyone had any problem with their upper back hurting?? I haven't really done anything to pull a muscle or anything...but my shoulders and shoulder blade region hurts so bad!! I've been lounging around the house the last few days without a bra so maybe it's from that?? My bb's are getting really heavy lately...

leeann38
01-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Oh my you girls are busy!

Regarding changing tables... just my opinion, but we JUST quit using our changing pad for Makenna now that she is potty trained. We had one of those changing pads on a regular low dresser since she was a newborn. It isn't specifically a "changing table" but it's the same height. I know many people don't use theirs, but we used it at least 2 times a day since she was born. I just got some of that rubber carpet grip stuff and put it under it so it doesn't slide or move at all. With 3 kiddos, though, I'm not sure how useful it would be.

I have my next u/s on Wednesday! It's just a focal u/s... they want to get better pics of Kelsey's 4 chamber heart and her lips/nose. She was laying in a weird position and wouldn't move for the tech last Wed. LOL! After that, my next one will be at 28 weeks and may be our last u/s. Who knows.

tricia
01-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Judy...wow I got teary eyed reading your post....about what FIL said and such..

I say put on the registry your dream list and DO NOT FOR ONE SECOND worry about what or what not that people buy or feel pressured to buy. Seriously women who have singletons have big registries sometimes and I've never felt obligated. IF somebody wants to get you a big item..let them...you aren't pressuring them and you have no room for stressing over somebody's decision.

I'd be the cheery one in your family...I love when babies arrive and have to restrain myself when a friend has multiples ;) I can't believe they are so harsh to you like you went in for the 3 for 1 deal.....what a stinking blessing it is to be in your shoes, don't forget it and don't let them make you doubt it. You deserve this so much....you have been through so much trying to get one blessing.

and a cleaning person??? it isn't like you are moving in with the triplets as toddlers?!?!??!

SunshineDust
01-11-2010, 09:16 PM
OH! I forgot to tell y'all I found out how much the 3D u/s is at my OB office...$200 for singletons and $50 for each add'l baby...so $300 for me...BUMP THAT!! I'll see them soon enough haha!!

Tricia- thank you so much for that!! I will not let them get me down!! DH and I are so blessed and excited for what lies ahead!!!

Leeann- That's a good idea for a changing table!!! I know a lot of people who don't use their's either...and no one in my family ever even had one. We used the floor, the couch...whatever.

tricia
01-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Judy- with Tommy (we used a dresser top for all 4 kiddos) since he shared a bedroom we just had a changing "station" on the couch, i had a basket of all his stuff........only time we really used the changing pad was when he was older. after bathing we turned on the bathroom heater and made it sweltering (he was an itty bitty at 4lbs 4ozs when he came home) and I made a changing/dressing pad on the floor with towels.

RedReba
01-11-2010, 11:42 PM
About the Changing table - many friends and sisters have had them and yet they didn't use the tables much and when I watched the kids never used it. I always feared wiggly kids falling off the table. I love the gerber cotton water proof pads to put under to protect the floor, couch, bed, etc. I also change from the feet and that is really hard with most changing tables. I plan to have a basket with diapers, changing pad, ointments, etc. that I can move around my tiny apartment depending on where we need it.

Hope everyone is doing better and haven't attacked or killed the in-laws.

shan3401
01-12-2010, 12:25 AM
ndinkel--awesome on the u/s! I get so excited when I have one scheduled and I count down the days.

I never really used a changing table with my son and haven't decided if I will get one this time or not.

Sorry everyone is having issues with inlaws.

kimbree7
01-12-2010, 12:59 AM
ndinkel-so glad you appointment went well and you will get to see your baby soon!!!

Tricia- loved your moving in triplet toddlers comment!!! So funny that seems like how sunshines FIL may be thinking!!! lol

Sunshine- My MIL isn't all bad but she is the master of saying the wrong things!!! And it sounds like your FIL is the same way. As for your back issues I have been having the same thing!! I kinda chalked it up to me working on my feel but really I don't work a whole lot. I am a hairstylist and I work out of my home so its pretty easy just to sit down in between or during appointments!! I am also a D or shall I say I was I am currently busting out of an E so I don't know how much more they will grow but if that is what is causing my back pain oh gosh!!!

Shan- I didn't notice before but we are due date buddies, at my first u/s they dated my baby at 5 weeks 6 days which was 8 days off from my calculations so the due date was July 2nd. Which made me wonder because we had an IUI done and no BD after that because I was sore from the IUI and then at my second u/s they dated me 15 weeks 1 day which was only a few days off my estimate so the new due date is June 28th I am still sticking with my due date calculation of June 23!!!

leeann38
01-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Sunshine - look around your area for places that specialize in the 4D u/s if you want one. I know some have $99 specials that are just "gender" checks and some are closer to $200, but they aren't through your dr or insurance. They are just independent places. That's what we did with Makenna when I was around 32 weeks for fun.

Tink
01-12-2010, 09:05 AM
So excited to officially be a 2nd tri-er!!! But now the walking on eggshells begins since I went into pretem labor in the 2nd tri last time! Oh- is anyone else's ticker off? Mine starts out right and then within a day or so it's off again. Weird.

Anyway- on changing tables...we use ours constantly. Ours for Owen is a dresser w/ a pad on top, but we're ordering an actual changing table for this baby and letting O keep his dresser. I think you just do whatever works for you and you get used to your method pretty quickly with all those diaper changes!!

Next Tuesday I have an u/s to check cervical length. Starting then I will be going every week for an u/s and 2 weeks after (16w) I start P17 injections. Time is FLYING!!! I'm getting so excited for this LO!!!! :D

Cac0115
01-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Reba-lol on killing in-laws....if only sometimes!..j/k

Kimbree-Thank you..he was really young as well, only 20 yrs old. And unfortunately being in a large city and him being latino, I'll skip stating the obvious motive behind it all.

Ndink- yay for a good appt!

Tink-Welcome officially over:)

As for changing tables, when I did have one I used it all the time,but I'm not planning on buying one this time.

I'll have one mad child today, since I'm taking Alex to get his 2nd h1h1 shot, but on a happier note I have another u/s tomarrow! My doc is sending me to a specialist for another u/s just to double check on his growth and to make sure my asthma isn't affecting his growth.

Birdling-our tickers finally made it over the 6th month! woohoo!

landam
01-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone, I am officially coming over to the second trimester group now. I am beginning to feel a bit more confident now that all might go ok. I am 13 weeks and 3 days. I was wondering if someone could please help me out, as I am so not computer savy. I see that many of you have little icons some from lilypie saying how far along you are. I figured out how to get to lilypie, but for the life of me can not figure out how to post it on this site. Please can someone let me know. Thanks a bunch!!!

One other important question that I have. This is even more important to me. I am currently on 1000mg of metformin and am still taking progesterone. I had a baby almost 4 years ago, and for the life of me can not remember what week I stopped taking both. I am worried to stop. I am concerned that by stopping I will than start having a miscarriage. However, I do not want to take more medications that might harm the baby. My OB said I can stay on progesteron until 32 weeks, but I remember that I got off it way sooner. I was on metformin to regulate my cycles, and do not need it for diabetes. What have been some of your experiences.

Thank you so much,
Michele

chelseaf
01-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Michelle, to post your ticker go to "user CP" at the top of the screen. Then on the left click on "edit signature" and paste the ticker code into the space and save!

On the metformin and progesterone, I stopped both around 13 weeks. By the time you are 13 weeks your placenta takes over the hormones for the baby, but make sure your doctor isn't wanting you on it for another reason. With Metformin, some people stay one it, some don't. My dr suggested me stopping when I hit the second trimester. It kind of worries me because I do have high insulin when not taking it, but we'll see.

I'm sorry so many are having problems with the in-laws! Mine live far away and aren't too bad. We are visiting next week though. I hope this isn't a sign it will be drama lol.

Cac, good luck for your u/s tomorrow!

I have an appt tomorrow as well. I don't think I'm getting an u/s, but maybe my fat will hide the HB and I'll get one, lol.

leeann38
01-12-2010, 05:54 PM
chels - that's how I got my u/s at 16 weeks!! LOL!!!

Tink
01-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Welcome Michelle! I'm 13 weeks, so you're due only a few days before me!

My ob had me go off met as of today. She only wanted me on it through the 1st tri. However, some ob's want you off when you get a bfp and some want you to take to the whole time. You may want to call your ob and ask what he/she wants you to do!

Darlin
01-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Well girls I am longer able to avoid the dreaded needle. Doc called today and said that my insulin is still high in the morning despite loosing 42 pounds, exercising and changing diet.

I had to go in this afternoon so that they could show me how to give myself insulin shots.:( I know that it will all be worth it in the end, but it is disappointing that I have worked so hard for so long and made major life changes to have this baby and to get my insulin in order and it was not enough.

Thankfully though I am getting the baby I was hoping for, so I guess a little more pain won't be so bad for such a precious baby. Just stinks all that we have to go through to get there.

Cac0115
01-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Congrats on makin it to the 2nd tri Michele!

Good luck at your appt tomarrow Chelsea! Idk if it was my fat or jjust him moving around too much, but we didnt get a hb at my 14 wk appt and got an us(although I DID freak a little bit in between)

Darlin-that bites that you have to give insulin injections:( but you're right, it will be worth it in the end when you're baby is healthy!

I was right about this morning, but I had NO idea how bad it was going to be! He threw the hugest of huge fits I've EVER EVER seen him throw. So I resolved that I'm not taking him for another shot by myself again...we had to get another nurse to hold him down since I couldn't.

landam
01-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Thank you for helping me with the ticker. I am going to try it and see if it works. I copied the html. code. not sure if that was correct.

I also am remembering that I was taken off Metformin around 14 weeks or so. As far as progesterone I do not think there is any need for me to be on it for 32 weeks. My new OB is very young, and said all of her studies in school said that staying on it to 32 weeks were the most beneficial. Its so funny because 5 years ago I had to beg my OB to put me on progesterone because I had heard it prevented miscarraiges. That OB swore that it does not work. So now I am very confused and do not know which route to take.

Thanks again,
Michele

landam
01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Ok, i am a computer DUD!!!

jessicaileen
01-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Michele - I was told to stop metformin when we had our u/s at 6.5 weeks and saw the HB, I also stopped the baby aspirin at that time too. I stopped my progesterone in oil injections this past weekend. My RE has all of his patients stop progesterone by 13 weeks. I was also nervous stopping it but so far so good.

AFM...I've been SOOOOO emotional lately! I cry at the drop of a hat! Today on my way home from work, I found a yellow lab running along the road so I stopped, picked him up (not literally) and put him in my car and desperately tried for over an hour to find his home with no luck. I then called DH at work balling because I couldn't bring myself to take him to the pound but I also knew I couldn't take him home because I didn't know how he would do with my dogs. AGH! DH ended up having a co-worker that took him so at least he's not in the pound. Also, my mother (who I'm really close with) is annoying me to no end lately! Anything she says rubs me the wrong way and I get upset and cry. I think she's going to try to avoid talking to me so I don't cry..haha!

Oh and I did a bad thing and rented a fetal doppler from babybeat.com and it should arrive on Friday. I just really want the reassurance of hearing my baby's HB again!

leeann38
01-12-2010, 08:24 PM
landam - you have to copy the one that says BB code or something like that. :) You'll figure it out!

jessica - nothing wrong with having a doppler! I had one when I was pregnant with Makenna!

Darlin - sorry to hear about the insulin. :( It will all work out, though!

Tink - I'm still taking Met. My OB never told me to take it or not to take it - she said to follow the advice of my endocrinologist, so I did. I am going to continue taking it all the way through just in case it helps with breastfeeding. I'm only on 500 mg a day, so it's not a huge dose.

As for me...

I can't believe I've hit 21 weeks already. Holy crap. I swear it was just yesterday that I was 4 weeks and got my BFP. It's amazing how quickly time goes, but then again, I'm well aware of that with the 2 year old sitting on my lap that looks like a preschooler now. I want my sweet little baby back!!

I bought Kelsey the cutest onesie the other day. It says "Little Sister". I need to find Makenna the "Big Sister" one. It's going to be really nice for the two of them to have each other growing up.

leeann38
01-12-2010, 08:25 PM
I almost forgot... tomorrow I have an u/s at 1:45!! They needed to do a focal one to get a better pic of the heart and lips/nose. I wonder how big she has gotten. She was already 12 ounces last week baby center says today (21 weeks) that she is 12 ounces... lol

shan3401
01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Kimbree--That's cool, now I have a due date buddy:)

Michele--Welcome to the 2nd tri! I never took progesterone, but was on 1500mg metformin XR and I called my RE and they told me to stop at 12 weeks. You should ask your doctor because I think it is different for everyone.

Darlin--that sucks :( but you are so right it is worth it in the end :)

Jessica--I hear ya on the emotional thing, I have been having some roller coaster emotions too.

Leanne--Time does fly. Let me know where you find that big sister shirt, I need to find a big brother one for my son.

RedReba
01-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Welcome Tink and Michelle!!!
Darlin – Sorry about the insulin. Are you doing pen needles or syringes? My DH has diabetes and has for years, but hates the pump due to his job and so stabs himself with the pen needles 4-8 times a day. If you want suggestions or help please PM me, I know it can be hard, but you can get through this.
CAC – That is horrible about your son! Shots are one of my fears for when I will be a mom.
Michelle – My OB had me stop the progestrogen when I hit 2nd Tri, then drop from 2000 Met to 1000. He does not want me to go off Met cause I have super high risk of GD due to my DH’s diabetes (baby could get his type 1 and give it to me during pregnancy) and then I was on Met due to extreme insulin resistance.
Today has been a rollercoaster or emotions – I have not had too many emotion problems, but school started and I have been reconnecting with friends and professors. Today a girl I have known for a while told me she had to terminate an etopic pregnancy on Sunday. She was not wanting to be pregnant, but it was hard on her cause while not wanting/trying to be pregnant, it is not what she preferred to do. Then the little girl I nanny was being very annoying, but so cute patting my belly and telling my baby she loves him. She is so cute and makes me want to strangle her when I am not hugging her. Her Brother was being big brat and in the 5 hours I was there he was in he was in time out for at least 3 hours of it. Some days they really make me question why I wanted to have a baby so bad!!!!!
Good Luck to everyone having u/s and apts. I see my dr. next week, but till then just get to feel the kicks in the ribs.

leeann38
01-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Reba - it's different with your own kid. It's just something you'll have to experience to believe it, lol. Sure there are days when I'd love to strangle Makenna, but I love her with my entire heart and even when she is annoying me, my huge heart for her never falters. It's a strange thing to explain, but it's really amazing how much you can love another person. And I didn't feel that way about her immediately. I mean, I loved her, but I grew to love her so much more and differently over the weeks and months after her birth and I continuously love her more each day. And when she smiled at me socially for the first time, my heart grew about 100 times more. It's strange how it works! But I'm sure the other moms would agree. LOL

Tink
01-13-2010, 08:18 AM
LOL I AGREE!!!! Yesterday I had a few moments of wanting to strangle Owen, but the love never goes away! lol- if that even makes sense! I agree the love changes and grows so much each day...I'm now wondering how in the world I'll have room in my heart to love another, and how could I possibly love another child the way I love Owen? It doesn't seem possible!

Darlin
01-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the support.

Red - i will be doing the pin needles. I was supossed to start last night but my pharmacy did not have the insulin and I guess did not feel it necessary to call me and tell me that they did not have it and had to order it. I was so annoyed that they did not call to tell me. I showed up at 5:30 to get it and the lady was kind of snotty to me when I told her that they should have at least called.

I was emotional yesterday and at least one day last week. I had to cry because DH could not go to lunch with me and some of my co-workers were out and I had to eat alone. I was feeling silly about being so upset but could not help it. So I got on Oldnavy.com and ordered some things and I felt better.:p

Good Luck to everyone that has appts this week.

ndinkel
01-13-2010, 10:29 AM
I am going to apologize in advance for this being an all about me post but I have to get this out. First let me say that though my DH and I don't really have the really old fashion traditional roles we are still pretty traditional in some ways. He is in charge of money and makes the final decisions on big things but he ALWAYS asks for my input, he takes care of the yard, cars the manly things and I pretty much handle laundry, dinner, cleaning, most of Leah's care and other womanly things like thank you cards, snacks for guests if he has friends over etc. We do have cleaning ladies who come every two weeks through b/c I do work full-time (except summers, teacher) and we have a fairly big house, in Western, KS standards:)
Lately I have felt like I have not been a good wife. It is so hard to keep up with the house (Leah is into everything now!) and the laundry, I have been working on Leah's thank-you cards for b-day and Christmas since Dec. and I still don't have them done, I am not doing a very good job having a hot meal on the table every day. I am too tired to ever take care of my "wifely duties" in the bedroom and to make things worse this morning before we left for work he joked around and called me his "roomy" b/c for the past two days I have been too tired to DTD. That really hit me and I held back tears all the way to work. I don't remember being this tired with Leah, in fact I know I wasn't. DH has been great about helping around the house which helps but even when he does it makes me feel bad. I thought about calling the dr. nurse today to ask if I will ever have the desire to DTD again. DH goes to every appt. so I can't really ask when I am there. I have one pop in the morning to help me wake up and sometimes I have one with dinner but I don't want to load up on caffeine all night long b/c I know it isn't good for the baby but it is the only way I will have the energy to even give some attention to DH.
Anyone else in my shoes? Anyone know of something natural that can give me energy? Sorry for the stupid rant, I know compared to everyone's issues right now mine are little but I had to get this out to stop myself from crying before my students get here.

Tink
01-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Naomi- I think it's totally normal to be more tired this go around then it was the first. This time you have a toddler to keep up with! DH's and my roles sound fairly similar to you and your dh's except that this school year, I became a sahm (was a teacher too). I have a hard time keeping things up lately and I'm home all day. As far as dtd... dh and I are in a different situation. Because of my previous preterm labor/high risk status, we need to be careful. I was origionally told that I would be on pelvic rest from bfp on, but once I was pregnant my ob said dtd was fine until we saw a reason not to. To be honest, I was a little annoyed she said that in front of dh! Anyway, I can probably count on one hand the number of times we have dtd since I got a bfp. 1- because even though the dr ok'd it, it still makes me nervous and 2- I'm just too tired.

Maybe you could talk to dh and let him know his comment hurt your feelings and that you really want to dtd w/ him, but you just don't have the energy and woiuld like him to be understanding of it.

dizzyliz
01-13-2010, 12:37 PM
I hope you don't mind me stepping in a little early, but Ndinkel, I just had to respond to your post.

What you are going through is very common. Having a young toddler and then pregnant, believe me we have all gone through it. My 15th wedding anniversity is in Feb. I have known him since H.S. so it feels longer. Marriage goes through different phases. It's a continual adjustment on both of your behalfs. Right now you may be the one worried, but believe me there will be times when your waiting for him. It probabaly will never go back to the "way it was", that's life and you adjust as a couple. It's actually quite wonderful because I think although you may feel your losing some things in your marriage, the gains so outweigh them and as a couple you become stronger.

Now as to not dtd for 2 nights. Wow, I guess our dry spells of a couple of months or more just won't make sense to you. All I can say is life happens, things get in the way. It's nothing to be upset or worried over. That's just another of those growing as a couple things.

Hope you feel better and realize you have nothing to feel sorry for or that everything needs to be perfect at this time,

Liz

leeann38
01-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Liz LOL!! I agree on the 2 nights thing... Um, I am pretty sure that we have DTD 3 (maybe 4 times) since my bfp. And it's because I am stubborn. DH is NOT an initiator, and I am sick and tired of being the one to initiate. It makes me feel like he isn't attracted to me. So I will just a long time without DTD on principle. If it was up to him, we'd never dtd I swear. He likes doing it, but doesn't ever initiate. It's SO annoying!!! LOL

jessicaileen
01-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Speaking of the DTD thing...this has been coming up a lot lately between DH and I. We haven't done it since the BFP because of fear of bleeding again. I bled at 6.5 weeks after the vaginal u/s and it scared us to death. We decided that once I hit 13 weeks we could BD and even the midwife agrees. Well now, DH is afraid and frankly I am too. We're are so fearful of doing it just to please ourselves and then me bleeding. Did any of you go through this and how do you get over it?

Also, found out my secondary ins covers the NT scan, which I'd have to have done tomorrow but they will only cover it for the 2nd trimester CPT code and my OB's office said there is not 2nd trimester CPT code for this. AGH! It's been an insurance battle all day.

ndinkel
01-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks ladies. I have always wondered what the "average" amount of time is for DTD but it isn't something you really talk about with other couples. Since we have been together it has been at least 2xwk if not more, every week since July of 2003. The only exception being the week before our wedding, three weeks after I gave birth to Leah and when he had surgery but even after his surgery I think it was only like 5 days. The other day he joked around and said he felt like he doesn't even know me anymore and that had nothing to do with DTD, he said he was joking but I think deep down there was some truth behind it. I think we need a date night. We said after the holidays we were going to go out and celebrate me finishing grad school. I think I just need to set that up without him knowing. I might call some friends of our we usually go out with too. We always knew things would change once we became parents but I don't think we were prepared for how much and how much more it would change when I got pregnant again!

ndinkel
01-13-2010, 01:46 PM
One more note on DTD, I also get contractions if I have an "O" so that can make things a little harder too. In fact part of the reason I even took a test was because I had contractions one time when we were done. That was three days before I tested, I was only three weeks. I am super sensitive when it comes to having contractions, everything brings them on.

Jessica-I think that is totally normal. I would suggest starting slow, talking through it, being gentle and just making sure you are both okay with it.

RedReba
01-13-2010, 01:48 PM
As for the DTD, my DH and I had not really talked about it but I was feeling guilty after almost more the 2 months. I finally had the enegry, desire and time to iniatate it. it was great and we felt really close. After while snuggling my DH asked why I had initiated it, I was shocked, cause I thought he was dying for it. He said he was missing it, but did not expect it cause he wanted me to be healthy and only worry about baby. We had a really long talk and my guilt melted away, but also we felt so close just finally discussing both our prespectives.

My DH is great and understanding, and I would bet everyone here has that. just talk to him, let him know what you are feeling, listen to his feelings, and make sure when you are done with the conversation you feel like you have answers.

leeann38
01-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Wow! 2x + a week for 7 years. You should win an award for that! LOL

Tink
01-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Naomi- I'm surprised your doc doesn't have you on pelvic rest then since you contract afterwards. Has your doc ever said anything about dh's "stuff" causing contractions? Apparently there something in it that can cause the uterus to contract. That's one of the reasons I was put on pelvic rest. And with this pregnancy when we do dtd, dh wears a condom because we worry about it.

Jessica- I think it's totally normal to be afraid. I've never had bleeding, but with my history, I still freak about it a bit. Maybe you could start out with other things instead of actually dtd and work your way up to it? Also, it's good that dh feels the same about it as you and he's not wanting to do it when you aren't comfortabe. Last preg I was put on pelvic rest at 19 weeks, delivered at 38 weeks, and I'm pretty sure we didn't dtd until like 10 weeks post partum (didn't get the ok until 6 weeks pp and I know we didn't right away after that). My dh knows what its like to go without and totally understands it....makes me feel not guilty!

Red- Doesn't it feel good when you know you're on the same page?

Leann- LOL! My dh would be one lucky man. It's a good week if we hit 2x's!!!

Flavy
01-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi ladies,

I haven't posted in a while but I might jump back in at this point. Naomi, puwu, and kimbree thank you for checking in on me, maybe you are right, it is time to post again.

This is a good topic for me to jump in on, actually. Naomi, I also get very painful contractions when I "O" so I stopped "O"ing haha. What's happening with our DTDing is a big mess. I'm very sensitive to the fact that I have a baby in there and cannot get it out of my mind when we start DTDing. I end up being the opposite of turned on because I can't stop thinking about the baby being in there and us doing something so sexual "in front of him". So I am not able to get turned on anymore. However, I feel bad for my husband, who's going nuts, and I DTD with him maybe once in two weeks, but I never "O" and it's torture for me. All I'm thinking is "the poor baby, the poor baby". I know, it's a mess... It's been hard with DTDing, honestly.

We haven't seen our baby in a while and I haven't felt him kick yet, so I'm at that stage where "I dont feel pregnant, just fat". I cant wait for our U/S this upcoming Monday to see him again and find out the gender. We're very very excited. Also, I keep looking out for any movement down there but none I can discern yet... :( How about everyone else? Can someone tell me what it feels like and if you know for sure that is what it is?

Flavy

P.S. Oh I forgot to mention this. Tink, you're right, the prostaglandins in the sperm make your uterus contract. However, even if you use a condom, sometimes when you "O" the uterus contracts as a physical response to draw in more sperm. So either way you can get the contractions happening.

leeann38
01-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Just got back from my ultrasound. They were able to get the pictures of the heart, but still couldn't get the nose/lips together, so I go back in a week. The baby is still a girl! Got some profile pictures. I guess we'll see next week if she moves or not. If not, they will just wait until the 28 week u/s to try and check out her nose/lips.

ndinkel
01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Flavy-I'm so glad you are back!

Tink-I had the same issues with "O" and contractions with Leah and since I only get them when I "O" and not when he does my dr.'s response was "Just don't have them" his nurse commented how it was easy for him to say, he didn't have to go 8 months w/o! With Leah I didn't have one after 14wks. With this one I still do on the occasion b/c I know it isn't going to bring on labor (or so I have been told) but it still IS VERY PAINFUL! And not like a minute after, it is instant, I can't even finish before the pain comes on.

Leann-Yippee for more u/s. Is there a reason why they need to see the nose and lips so bad? Are they looking for something?

chelseaf
01-13-2010, 04:19 PM
LeeAnn, at least you are making up for all those u/s's you weren't getting in the begining! lol

Flavy, good to see you back. Hope all is well!

My appt went well today. My fat didn't help me out so no u/s, but I got to hear the HB (150)! It's so cool to be able to hear it. I go back again in 4 weeks and need to schedule my u/s between 18 and 20. Yay!

ndinkel
01-13-2010, 04:45 PM
My ticker moved! I'm on the fifth box now and the little baby looks so cute! 16 days until my big u/s!!!!

I can't wait to hear what everyone is having. There are a lot of us that are really close to each other for due dates.

leeann38
01-13-2010, 07:17 PM
ndinkel - it's just one of the shots that they need to get in the standard 20 week u/s. I believe it is checking for cleft lip/cleft palate. The way the baby is positioned, they just can't get the angle to see the nose and lips LOL and she WON'T move for them. So I scheduled my next u/s for 7:30 am rather than the afternoon and I am planning on drinking OJ and having a sugary breakfast. LOL!

shan3401
01-13-2010, 07:30 PM
ndinkel--It can be hard to have a fulltime job, a child to take care of, and being pregnant to keep up with other tasks. You shouldn't feel guilty.

Leann--stubborn baby, at least you get extra ultrasounds!

Chels--I agree, hearing the heartbeat is so amazing!

AFM--I have started to feel the baby moving alot this week. I thought it wasn't going to be until later since I have alot more weight than when I was pregnant with my son. It is amazing!

Cac0115
01-14-2010, 03:53 AM
wow...a busy board today!

As far as dtd, I can also count on one hand that dh have...and half of it is me just being tired, and the other half is him being afraid of putting me labor! We also had trouble at one point with drying up-figure that one out!

Naomi-don't feel bad if things are not perfect..I recommend left overs 2-3 times a week now, and since dh and my mom are both here and can cook, I'm off the hook sometimes(I do work evenings sometimes too) and yay for ticker movement! I get excited when mine finally moved the 6th one!

Chelsea-boo to no u/s, but yay for a great appt!

flavy-welcome back! adn as far as the baby kicking, I'm still sticking to my gas explaination...it still feels like gas until he gets a good one in. Maybe your placenta attached in front and that could be preventing, but I believe docs are not worried until you are 20 or 23 wks along without feeling movement.

darlin- I'd have to say there's nothing like retail therapy!

liz-ofcourse we don;t mind...we "butt in" in the 1st and 2nds tri's oursleves!

Leann-atleast everything you can get a pic of is looking good! Now watch, she's gonna move around too much at the next one! lol

afm- I had my appt with the specialist today, and an u/s with him..we are def still having a boy-the doc said he's got big boy parts...lol...we had such a fun time in the office I had to really try not to laugh so I wouldn't keep moving on the doc! Even though my uterus is measuring big, Tony is measuring on the small end of normal(except apparently, his boy parts..lol) hb was at 143 and they said he weighs around 17 oz. We got a series of 3 pics of him putting his hand in his mouth-they're posted on the january pictures. The doc wants me to go back in 6 wks just to double check on his growth...So we will get to see him again before birth for sure!:)

leeann38
01-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Candace - I have to go back at 28 weeks to check growth, too. Apparently, it's becoming a standard u/s just like 20 weeks. They didn't do that when I was pg with Makenna, but they said it's something they do now (where I go).

chelseaf
01-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Candace, that is too funny!!! I'm glad everything looked great!

I just got some sad news from work. One of the ladies I work with is in the ICU on a vent :(. She is in her 80s so I know it's harder to bounce back after something bad happens. She's actually the mom of one of the providers and helps out with payroll and admin stuff. I hope everything turns out ok. She is the sweetest thing!

lighthouse830
01-14-2010, 05:55 PM
chels- I hope your friend turns out okay- I know it's tough when advanced age is a factor.

leann- I'm glad she's still a girl ;) My sister checks every u/s to make sure she's still cooking a boy too ;) LOL

AFM, I had an u/s today and each baby weighs just a couple ounces shy of 2 lbs! Yay! I was so happy. I've only gained a pound in the past two weeks, but they said that's okay because the babies are growing really well. My fetal fibronectin was negative too, so that means I probably won't go into labor for the next 10 days. My uterus is now measuring 45 weeks and there is a lot of amniotic fluid, but they said that is normal with twins. (If you've seen my pics on the 'show your glow' thread you'd agree with the 45 week measurement! In the last pic I posted in that thread I was measuring 40 weeks and that was only 2 weeks ago). My oldest daughter go to go to the u/s with my mom (she drives me everywhere I need to go now) & me and she was very happy to see the twinkies. We made a quick stop after the u/s and she picked out a couple baby outfits :) I haven't been out of the house really in 2 weeks so it was so nice to go in a store, even if it was only 2 minutes. :)

leeann38
01-14-2010, 07:04 PM
lighthouse - so when are you going to post your 45 week pic? LOL!!

All this talk about dtd... dh and I did it this am and must have been too rough (LOL) because I spotted right after. Baby is being very active right now, so I'm hoping we didn't damage her. LOL!!! I know the spotting is from dtd thought because it was immediately after there was pink on the tp.

WE ARE LEAVING FOR SAN DIEGO IN THE MORNING!!!! Yay!!!! I'm soooooo gonna miss Makenna, but this is our last bout of alone time before we have 2 kids... :)

chelseaf
01-14-2010, 07:29 PM
LeeAnn come visit me! lol. The weather is beautiful right now, I hope you have a good time.

My coworker is doing better. She woke up and the first thing she said was "what about payroll?" She is too funny! They think it was just a mild heart attack. I'm glad she's feeling better!

Lighthouse, My friend was pregnant with twins and she had TONS of fluid too. I bet your daughter was so excited to get a peek at them!

kimbree7
01-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Well girls you sure have been busy!!!

Flavy-glad to hear from you I was getting worried.

leeann-that is awesome I love the idea of a babymoon! I am planning mine as we speak but we are just going somewhere local I would be a wreck if I was to far from home.

Glad everyone u/s are looking good that is awesome.

Sad for one of my friends who found out she was pregnant a few weeks ago and now she is 9 weeks and had her first u/s and no heartbeat. They thought they were just off on the dates so they have been checking her hcg levels and they were going up but now they are going down. So she is going to the dr tomorrow and I just feel for her so much but I'm afraid to say anything I don't want her to resent me because I am pregnant. I know that I wouldn't but not everyone is like that.

And earlier today I found out that a long time family friend (just about the nicest lady you would ever meet) had her house burn to the ground last night. 10 firetrucks and they still couldnt put it out. I heard that its still smoldering!! Just been a crazy day.

As far as the DTD me and dh attempted again but he is claiming it is still hurting him :( I talked to a close friend about it and they seem to think that hes bluffing. But honestly it kinda hurt me too. no bleeding though. And its not a cm issue for sure. Its a big change for us especially since he is now not wanting to do it again until the baby is born. Thats a long time for me and for both of us but he seems really concerned. I only wish I didn't feel like DTD all the time but I do!!! All the time! Its driving me crazy.

SunshineDust
01-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Whoaaa you girls have been busy!!!

Tried to catch up as much as I can...

Kim- granted I'm not a male and have no penis, (and sorry if this is tmi or inappropriate lol)...but I thought guys liked that sort of thing tight...(Isn't that the whole obsession with virgins??) But I did ask my DH and he said that if it was like incredibly, incredibly tight it could be somewhat painful...with friction and all...but he's not sure that would happen or if things wouldn't eventually stretch out after a little bit of DTD??? Idk. Do you think maybe DH is comfortable with the whole sex thing because there's a baby in there and is coming up with an excuse?? I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe try approaching the situation in a different sexual way (like um pleasing him in other manners lol)...That might be a way to tell if it's a problem he's having being sexual with a baby in the room or if it's really what he says???

Chelsea- so glad your coworker is doing better!

lighthouse- that's exciting you got to leave the house!! In a way I'm looking forward to bedrest, but at the same time I think I'll hate it. I'm just ready to leave my stressful job!!

Leeann- Have fun in SD!!!!

I'm sure I forgot tons but hello to everyone!!!!

Cac0115
01-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Leann- have fun on your baby moon! I think I like the idea of the 28 wks standard u/s..its another chance to see your lo's

Chelsea- I'm glad your friend is doing better..a minor heart attack can still be scary though(my gma had heart disease).

kimbree- sorry about your friends..miscarriages are never easy, and its hard to know what to do for them without further hurting them. House fires are not easy either-I had one when Alex was 9 months old....I hope both of your friends can bounce back soon.

Lighthouse-yay the lo's are growing well and you wont have to worry bout going into labor soon!

ndinkel
01-15-2010, 10:21 AM
GO AWAY CONTRACTIONS!!!!!!!! Yesterday they were 10-15 minutes apart the WHOLE TIME I WAS AT WORK!!!! I laugh at who ever says that stress can't bring them on! It is 8:20 now and they started at 8:00. Why can't my uterus be nice to me!!!

chelseaf
01-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Aww ndinkel, I hope they go away soon! Go rest of you need to, you don't want to paih yourself too much.

It seems like we all have sad news lately! Thanks everyone for the kind words. Now they're saying no heart attack, it was a combo of afib and low BP. Weird!!

Kimbree, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. :( she might need a little time at first but I bet she'll be ok with you being pg.

katiejill
01-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Hey girls. I haven't been posting much but have had my own bout of bad news too. My mom moved to Germany with her husband because he rejoined the Air Force. She has been sick since she got there. Thankfully she is ok...nothing serious found as of yet. But my stepdad had a breakdown and tried to committ suicide. It has been hard because she is so far away and communication is limited. He even got physical with my mom and blamed her for ruining his life. I am so worried about my mom:( So it has been crazy around here too.

Other than that things are ok. I have no energy but I guess I have an excuse. My house is a wreck. I have a 2 day weekend so I am going to try and get things done.

Hope everyone else is well

trying hard
01-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Holy cow you girls have been busy here!!!

Glad to hear that all of the appointments and u/s have been going well, but sorry to hear about all of the sad news.

katie - It must be tough to be so far away from your Mom and know that she is going through this rough time :(

I haven't been on much this week, not really sure where the week went either! But I did have to go in on Wednesday and have the 3 hour glucose test done since I failed the 1 hour and there was a message from the clinic when I got home today wanting me to call them about my b/ so I'm pretty sure it's not going to be great news about that. Oh well, as long as baby is okay I will do whatever I need to do!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and maybe I'll have some time to really catch up with everyone :)

kimbree7
01-15-2010, 06:17 PM
sunshine-thank you so much for asking your DH that was so sweet. Its nice to have a mans idea on the subject. I am thinking their may be more to this than I think but me and DH are very open and I am wondering why he wouldnt just say if something else was bothering him. I am going to take him out to dinner and a movie tonight and maybe after I can make some sense out of all of this.

Chelseaf-I hope your right about her being okay with me being pregnant she is a good friend of mine and usually she calls me about every little thing but I am learning about all this via facebook. She had a D&C today and I still haven't heard from her but I am glad that I know she is okay and she seems to be taking it rather good. I will give her a little more time maybe she will call.

Katie-so sorry your mom is going through all this. I know it must be hard for you with her being so far away as it is and now all this other stuff is going on. keep your chin up and I am sure everything is going to be just fine

Afm-feeling alot more movement today! I can't wait until my 20 week u/s which should be in three or four weeks. Hopefully they will schedule it at my next appointment which is at he end of the month!!! And I hope this time I can hear the heartbeat.

I did have a question I am needing to go shopping for maternity clothes and having trouble finding PLUS sized maternity clothes any suggestions?

SunshineDust
01-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Kim- look for a Motherhood Maternity near you...I know for sure they have them!

Trying- I hope your results come back okay...they had me do an early 1 hour one (I think I was 13w3d at the time) and they never told me my results...Assuming it was okay???

Katie- I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and stepdad!! I hope things work out with him. Does he have any history of mental illness?? (hope that's not too personal of a question)...it seems with his recent suicide attempt, he probably doesn't really mean what he's doing and saying to your mom, but that certainly doesn't make it any easier in the situation. I hope he can get some help! Bipolar disorder runs in my family and mental illness is a tough thing to deal with for sure!

Ndinkel- that's awful about the contractions!! Can they give you anything to stop them???

I took my bp today and it was 118/80!!!!!!!!!! That's the lowest it's been in sooo long!! I was so thrilled!!! I've been so worried about going into this with high bp already and having the higher risk of pre-eclampsia. I was pretty excited!! They took it at the OB last week and it was 116/79, but I thought the girl had to be wrong since she did it manually, but I guess she was right!!

Question- I found carseats that will fit 3 across my camry's back seat (YAYYYY!!!!!!!!). They're the Coccoro Combi seats. Anyway, they're like $209.00 at babies r us but you can buy them online for $159. Is there a way to register for these but tell people they can buy them cheaper online? I'm not sure what to do...The online ones have no tax and free shipping too.

We could always not register for them and buy them ourselves, but I'd rather see if someone else would get them instead...Hmmmm...

RedReba
01-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Kim - Old Navy has a ton of plus sizes, but mostly online. Their prices are good and usually can get free or cheap shipping. Also I would try Ebay, they always have maturnity clothes lots of 20-50 items and you can designate the size when you search. I was able to buy a lot of 50 peices in XL. It has been great cuase I have outfits and a couple dresses. (I resold a few items I did not like due to style or were a little too tight in the boob area).

Judy - I can't remember if Babies'r'us has a spot for you to leave comments, but if they do I would put the comment in there so when people ar online or in store they see your note about prices or preference. I know you can with Target's cause I did leave notes, but they all blend together now.

Everyone else sorry about the hard long week and hope everyone's LOs get better.

I am just glad to have a long weekend. We are planning to clean out the 2nd bedroom and closets to get rid of junk and organize what we need and take storage to the storage unit. I really want to do it while I can still help and move.

Hope everyone can have a good relaxing weekend!!

Cac0115
01-16-2010, 03:39 AM
Katie- I hope everything works out with your mom and your stepdad gets the help it sounds like he may need. If it's too personal, I'd understand, but had he been deployed to the middle east? My dh had a hard time when he had first gotten out of the marines and had recently been over there(we met shortly after he had hit his lowest).

Naomi- I hope your contractions stop coming like they are! Has your ob mentioned anything about taking you off of work?

Trying- Hopefully you passed the 3 hr..and yay! you made it through the 2nd tri!(but dont leave us over here yet!)

Judy-yay for a good bp! Lets hope it stays that way for you now! As far as a note area for registries go, I know bru and walmart have a notes section for you to leave for anyone who pulls it up!

I'm actually going to a baby shower today. My friend who I had helped with her registries is already 33 wks, and her doc said she most likely wont make it until 40 wks since she's already getting contractions every now and then.

katiejill
01-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone! He is deployed in Germany and worked in an office. He is 60 years old and was only going for 3 years (63 is the cutoff I think) Anyway, I really don't know if he has a history of mental illness.. He has always been somewhat of a jerk but hey my mom was happy with him. My mom said she has noticed that he has been depressed for awhile. I think they kept things personal..not sure. But my mom is reaching out now. I hope he gets the help he needs but I don't know if I want my mom staying with him. I am worried for her safety right now since he got physical with her. I don't know...just a sticky situation.

Judy - I would register with a note. And hey if someone buys them for you at Babies R us then they want to:) And you can return them and buy them for cheaper ( I know it is horrible that I thought that LOL:p) Glad you found something that worked. They will probably be in them for at least the first year probably longer til you find something else.

trying hard
01-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Cac - I can't believe that I will be moving to the third tir :) There were so many days during the entire ttc struggle that I never thought I would get here...and now, couldn't be happier!!!

Sunshine - You are probably right about your results...usually no news = good news, that's why I'm pretty sure I didn't pass the 3 hour one but will wait to talk to the nurse on Monday before I freak out ;) And GREAT news about the low blood pressure!!!!!!

dawniejune
01-17-2010, 02:26 AM
I went for my Lvl II u/s on Tuesday and everything is measuring just as it should and we are definitely playing for Team Pink. I've assumed it was a girl since my peri made his "80% sure" guess 6 wks ago, but hey, now I can shop!

No markers for any abnormalities were found. My fibroid is staying relatively smallish, placenta is posterior and cervix length is good. I'm really thrilled and thankful with the good news. I'm 19 wks today and we're looking at June 4 for sch c-section date.

All the best,
Dawnie

PS-Work is picking up for me, and has been brutal for the past 6 mo anyway. I feel like I need to apologize now for the crappy board member I've been, and in advance, for the poor board member I am sure I'll still be for the next six weeks. Ugh.

Cac0115
01-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Dawnie-we all have our times we just can't get on like we wish we could! That's great about your u/s-the doc I seen for my most recent was a little surprised I reconized my cervix and asked about it when he measured it! Try to keep you sanity in the coming weeks at work!

SunshineDust
01-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Dawnie- That's so great everything looked good at your u/s!!! Definitely don't feel bad about not being on the boards...Sometimes I'll miss a day here and there and feel like I missed months anyway!!

Trying- congrats on moving to the 3rd tri!!!!!

We finally got the registry done!! We did Babies R Us and Target..and thank you sooo much to the person who suggested leaving the note on the registry about being able to find the carseats cheaper at an online store. It was Target that you could do that!

I think I wore myself out majorly yesterday.

Yet another question--is my stomach supposed to feel really hard?? It's not hard when I lay down, but when I stand up it feels like it's made of steel!! I know I've read that contractions make your stomach hard and I'm kinda worried??? I was feeling a little crampy yesterday too...but no blood or spotting or anything like that.

shan3401
01-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Judy--My stomach does the same thing when I am standing. I am extremely short waisted and so I think that its just a tight fit in there! Which may be your problem since you are fitting 3, or maybe its braxton hicks. You could always ask your doc.

Dawnie--Awesome on the good u/s! I cannot wait to find out on Feb 8th what we r having.

Cac0115
01-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Judy- you're uterus kinda hardens as it grows-and you've got 3 squeezing in there! The crampy feeling I get too, mostly when I've over done it, but they don't feel like contractions. If you do get worried though...just give your doc a call!

SunshineDust
01-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks girls..honestly I have no idea what contractions feel like at all. I go to the MFM guy tomorrow to check my cervix length so I'm going to have them feel it and see then. It's constantly hard and has been like that since I started showing so I'm assuming it's perfectly normal. I'm just starting to freak out..lol.

jessicaileen
01-17-2010, 09:15 PM
sunshine - Your right and it's probably nothing. Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow! Are you getting another u/s too?

I rented a fetal doppler from BabyBeat.com and it came in on Friday. DH and I have used it everyday since. It takes about 10 minutes to find the HB but when we do its just so cool to lay there, close my eyes, and just listen. I have an appointment this week with the midwives just to check on the HB, protein in urine, etc. It will probably be a short appointment. Also, I got some exciting news this weekend - the in-laws came to visit and stayed with us for a few days and they told us that they are buying us the nursery furniture for our shower gift! It will be such a huge relief to have them pay for that and I'm very thankful. DH and I also sat down today and worked out my short term disability pay (for maternity leave) and I should be able to take off the whole 12 weeks without any financial issues - WOOOHOO! Now I can't wait for July to get here!

Lizzy83
01-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Judy~With my DD's pregnancy I would have stuff like that and not know if they were Braxton Hicks or what. After going through labor and feeling the contractions when the epidural wore off, I knew they were BH contractions earlier in my pregnany. I get them when I over work myself by doing lots around the house. Or carrying my DD for long periods of time.

RedReba
01-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Dawnie – June 4th is a great day for a birthday!! I have always loved it cause it was always close to the end of school and so much fun during the summer activities!! We all get busy, no need to apologize when missing we are all living in the real world and turn here for support and love!!

Trying - Congrats on making it to the 3rd!! You were one of the first people I “met” on these boards and your story and struggle made me realize the reality of PCO, but also gave me hope along the TTC trip. I can’t believe you will have you LO in your arms very soon.

Shan and Judy – I have the same stomach issue, I think it is the lack of space and baby pushing out when standing. I have no torso, though I think it is spreading from boobs to legs.

Jessica- congrats on being able to take your full maternity leave!! Also such a relief to have the in laws buying the furniture!!

AFM, I really overdid it yesterday!! We sorted, cleaned and pack up storage items out of the closets and 2nd bedroom. It is nice to see the extra space we never thought we had. Now just need to take the boxes to the storage unit and find a truck to take the elliptical there and then I can build the shelves we got and start creating a semi-nursery. I am calling it semi-nursery because we are moving 3 mths after baby is born, so I am not doing everything here. Baby will be in our room for sleeping so no point to do much here. I took it easy today and the swelling went down, but I still have back pain pretty bad and my shoulder that often gives me a hard time is killing me. I still have tomorrow to rest and hopefully feeling better before back to work and school on Tuesday.

skusisto
01-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Judy - If I'm remembering right... if it's softer when you lay down, then it's not a contraction... BH pretty much felt just like doing a situp... it was a strain/stretch sort of feeling.

katiejill
01-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Judy- mine is super tight when standing but softer when laying or sitting like sku said.

SunshineDust
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Jessica- so jealous you can use a doppler!! Mine would sound like chaos..lol. That's great about the short term disability!

Reba- I'm so not looking forward to the packing and putting stuff in storage:( We're going to get started in the next few weeks.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts on my hard stomach!! Turns out I was totally worrying for nothing. The MFM dr I saw today said my cervix is a mile long. They say anything over 2.5 is good and mine was 4.5! All 3 babies still kicking around:) The u/s tech said my belly will feel kinda hard when I'm standing because everything is full in there.

I think it was just gas..lol.

Darlin
01-18-2010, 11:08 AM
I have been away for a couple of days and feel like I have missed a ton of stuff. I am glad that everyone is doing well.

Sunshine - Glad that everything is still lookin good. I hva ethe same problem with the hardness while sitting or standing but not while laying down. Good to know it is nothing to worry about.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

dawniejune
01-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Judy - so happy all looked good at your appt. 4.5 is a VERY good cervix length. Did you ever think you'd be excited about something like that? - lol! I was jumping up and down about mine the other day. :) 3.8 btw....

Wanted to say that w/ dd (after about 17-18 wks until I delivered) I had episodes several times a day of what was very intense uterine tightening. I could have bounced a dime off my stomach. I had several NST's because of them, as well as addl u/s's to make sure cervix was staying long enough. They (whatever they were) never ended up causing any issues and weren't "productive" like ctx would be. Peri gave me an unofficial term of 'irritable uterus' and we just went from there. It's happening again this time, though not as much or as intense, or maybe they just don't scare me this time so I think they aren't as bad. Apparently they are just normal for me. Maybe they are BH, but I'll never know, I guess.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Dawnie

SunshineDust
01-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Darlin- hello there:)

Dawnie- I know!! I was so proud when I saw it on the screen lol and when the peri told me I get bonus point for being 2 cm over the norm..lol!!!

I FINALLY got my hair colored!!!! No more roots!! YAYYY!!! I'll have to post a new bump pic...I would wait til 15w, but 14w6d is close enough lol...I'll never be able to blow my hair out this good haha!

jessicaileen
01-18-2010, 06:00 PM
sunshine - Congrats on the cervical length. That was funny about the chaos. It's really cool cause when the baby moves, you hear the swish. I've been recording all of them and labeling them on my PC. I would rent another one in a heartbeat, no pun intended :-)

How do they check cervical length? I haven't heard my midwives say anything about mine. She did a vaginal exam on me at 10 weeks and just said that everything was "nice and pink and looks like it's supposed to." She said they won't do another vaginal on me this week, so now I'm wondering when they'll check my cervix length, or maybe they won't until I'm in the 3rd tri? Any thoughts?

SunshineDust
01-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Jessica- that would be so awesome to just sit and listen to!! Does it come with headphones?? I could just see myself using it 24 hours a day, even at work lol...

They checked mine using the vaginal u/s and measured it like they measured the follicles or the sacs. I'm not sure if or when they do that in a "normal" pg...I'll get mine every 2 weeks for now and then every week at some point.

chelseaf
01-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Jessica, I have to admit, I have a doppler too! lol. I got mine off of ebay for about $50. I don't think it's the best one you can get, sometimes the sound cuts out, but it works! I got it around 10 weeks and couldn't figure out how to find the HB I would lie there forever trying to find it. I had no clue where to look! After paying attention to how my OB found it at my last appt I find it so easy now.

Judy, I'm glad your cervix is nice and long! And I can't wait for you to post your next picture :)

AFM, I'm getting so excited for the ultrasound on Wednesday! Since we didn't really surprise anyone with the pregnancy we decided to do it with the sex. I just need to figure out a cute way! lol

Tink
01-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Sorry- I'm really behind girls!

Judy and Dawnie- AWESOME cervix lengths!!!

Jessica- I think for a normal pregnancy they check it for the first time at the anatomy scan via u/s

AFM- I go tomorrow morning for an u/s. Tomorrow starts my weekly cervical measurements (there are a lot of us being measured!!) I am PRAYING my cervix is as good as Judy and Dawnie's!!!! A bit nervous....

birdling
01-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Whew! I'm overwhelmed by all the posts, lol, so just a few quick check-ins ...

Congrats to all of you on the good cervical lengths! Got mine measured today and it's 3.9. The MFM said I didn't have to come back for another month -- just get it checked again in 2 weeks at my OB's office and then come back to him in a month. They did a FFN but I won't get the results until tomorrow -- hope everything's okay.

Tink -- good luck on your check tomorrow! Hopefully you will have a nice long cervix, too. :) (LOVE that we can discuss this on this board, btw!)

Dawniejune -- I have that intense tightening, too, usually if I'm getting out of bed or transitioning to a standing position. Good to know it's not that big a deal ... I got the "irritable uterus" label my last pregnancy, too. No one seems too concerned for me just yet (and I'm just happy with the increased monitoring of cervical length -- makes me feel a little more proactive, at least).

Continuing the 17P shots ... my DH is getting to be a real pro, lol.

I had another long u/s at the MFM today, and everything looks good! Baby is growing fine, measuring a week to a week and a half ahead (my last one did, too). Wonder if that means it's another boy, or a girl? Guess I'll know in May, lol.

Hi to everyone, and glad everyone is doing so well!!

kimbree7
01-18-2010, 11:09 PM
So excited for chels and tink can't wait to hear how your u/s go!! I hope my next u/s will be scheduled at my next apointment this next tuesday! Very excited I wanna know if its a boy or girl so bad!!! Hubbs feels like its a girl lol! I really have no feeling either way at this point!! I just wanna go shopping!

Does anyone know if the baby could be staying to one side at this point. I sleep mostly on my right side but when I switch to my left side I feel like I am laying on something! I still wake up laying on my stomach and its def uncomfortable and it wakes me up. It kinda worries me I hope I can hurt my baby by doing that. I do everything to prevent myself from laying on my stomach but I am a mover when I sleep Im all over the place and all the pillows end up on the floor! Andy thoughts ladies????

shan3401
01-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Awesome on all the good cervix lengths! Hope everyone's upcoming ultrasounds go well!

Kimbree--I have been doing the exact same thing. I don't end up all the way on my stomache but on it enough that it wakes me up when it starts getting uncomfortable. I freak too, but I don't think we can squish the babies that way, there is alot of protection there. But still scary. I think maybe they can be to one side at this point because I feel that way when I lay on my left side sometimes like I'm laying on something there. I've also been dealing with the side of my stomache falling asleep.

kimbree7
01-19-2010, 11:20 AM
shan-no wonder we are due date buddies!!! So glad I have someone who is going through the exact same things i was feeling alone their for a min! Thank you

Tink
01-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Hi girls..

Back from my u/s. My cervix is measuring 3.4. Still considered normal, but I'd like it to be a bit longer. As long as it holds steady though, I'll be good! Also got my prescription for my 17 inj....here we go! Baby measured right on and hr was 158. I FINALLY got to hear the hb for the first time!

Kimbree & Shan- I don't have an issue of rolling to my stomach, but I roll to my back and I don't know when I need to stop sleeping on my back!

ndinkel
01-19-2010, 02:38 PM
My dr. has always said 20wks is when you should stop sleeping on your tummy and not lay flat on your back. He also says to sleep on your left side. I started conditioning myself to sleep this way at 12wks b/c I knew how hard it would be and it has been a lot harder with this LO then with Leah. I use a body pillow and that helps a lot.

My ticker is under 150 days!!! Next big marker is to be under 100 days well 24wks is actually the next big milestone for me b/c that is viability. That is always such a concern for me b/c of these stupid contractions, which have not been nice to me today at all! If I can just make it to 36wks then I can do nothing for the rest of the pregnancy (teacher) but 36 wks is a long way off. With Leah I had to stop work at 27wks.

Students are back, personals later.

landam
01-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi Everyone!!!

I do not get another u/s until 20 weeks. I wonder when I will have my cervix measured. All is well for me. Its hard for me during the in between appointments. I do not have another OB appointment for two weeks. I keep wondering if baby is ok. I start thinking maybe something is wrong. I think it comes from multiple miscarriages. I will be more relieved when I start to feel him move. Do you think I am crazy, that every single time I go to the bathroom, I check to see if there is blood? Does this ever stop?

Hope all is well.

Michele

leeann38
01-19-2010, 03:20 PM
landam - for me, the checking for blood stopped after I was into the second trimester. Now, I feel her moving, so I don't worry like when I couldn't feel anything. You'll get there!!

I have my next u/s tomorrow and if they still can't get the lips/nose picture, they will wait until my 28 week growth scan/ ultrasound to check again. I'm really hoping they get the pic, though, because I want to be as prepared as possible if there is any clefting. I think if the tech was concerned about the possiblilty, she would have had me do the 3d scan. I guess we will see. She did see the nose a few times, but just couldn't get the baby to get in the right position to get the right angle that she needed for the picture. lol Stubborn fetus!

katiejill
01-19-2010, 03:24 PM
landam- nope I still check. But I did have a lot of bleeding this pregnancy so I am a little worrier.

AFM- I have a cold:( Not fun. I can't breathe and am miserable. Plus I am at this stupid job

Darlin
01-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Time is really flying, my ticker moved over to the 6th month already. :D

Had another talk with the endo this morning and instead of only taking the insulin inj at bedtime, I now have to take them twice a day and double the dosage at night. :mad: She told me not to be so hard on myself though, because I am doing everything that I am supposed to, my body is just doing its own thing. Oh well at least DH is helpful with inj. they are not too bad and it give him a task and he feels more apart of the pregnancy process.