PDA

View Full Version : NOVEMBER second trimester.... 13 to 27 weeks!!!

leeann38
11-01-2009, 09:54 AM
The new thread is up, ladies! I'll be joining you over here this month!!

lighthouse830
11-01-2009, 03:22 PM
yay leann! :) Can't wait to have you join us!

LiketheWrap
11-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Only another week before I jump to the 3rd trimester thread. Can't believe that its been that long or short! My sister is a former NICU nurse so she was all excited when I hit 24 weeks because that means he is viable. Morbid nurses! :p We ordered the bedding last week and we're one step closer to starting the baby's room. For the first time ever I'm actually excited about my husband's work slowing down in the winter because he has a list of things to do! I got so frustrated with myself this weekend. There are so many things that I just can't physically do anymore. I don't know how people go on to have more than one child. I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with a toddler and be big and pregnant! My hats off to second plus moms!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

crys20
11-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Guess I'm hoping over to the third tri... eek! Where is the time going??

Likethewrap- I am feeling that way about getting things done too! I get tired way easier than before and it seems to take longer to recover. My hat goes off to women that are pregnant and have little ones as well. I can't imagine how exhausting that would be!

lighthouse830
11-02-2009, 06:01 PM
yay crys for moving to the third trimester! :) That's a great milestone!

laura77
11-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I'll be moving over to the 3rd trimester thread too shortly. It's going by so fast!

leeann38
11-02-2009, 09:47 PM
With regards to being pg and having a toddler: You are so used to running around with your toddler that it's your new "normal". LOL And they are so darn cute that you don't mind chasing them around. Makenna calls the baby in my belly her baby. LOL!

lighthouse830
11-03-2009, 09:43 AM
laura- congrats on moving over to the third tri! :)

leann- I completely agree. I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter when my first was 2 and you just adapt. It's your norm, as you said. And, bringing home baby #2 is sooooo much easier than bringing home baby #1. You'll be amazed!

trying hard
11-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Congrats to all the ladies moving over to the third tri boards this month!!!! So exciting :)

When I was at my doc appt yesterday she made a comment about just how fast the time will go and said, "you wait, when I start talking to you about delivery you won't believe it's time and won't feel ready"! I find it hard for that concept to sink in just yet since I am still on such a 2-week time frame all the time...."just get 2 more weeks in till the next appointment" :)

As for my appt yesterday, it went great! Got to hear the h/b and she did another u/s...baby was really active and everything looked great!!!!! I also talked to her about some pelvic pain/uncomfortableness I'd been having (almost felt like in the bones between my legs) and so she thought it sounded like pressure so she examined me to check my cervix and said it was "long and closed" and that all was well!! Big relief...must just be "growing pains" :) It's all just so exciting :)

monthlyhopeful
11-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah it seems there is a good sized group moving along to the third tri...I'll see you gals in 2 weeks. :) Hope everyone is doing well today! I've started seeing my belly warp in different shapes. When he's stretching or changing his position, one side of my belly sticks out like crazy and feels rock hard. I kind of nudge it and say "Hey! What are you up to in there?" He kicks me everytime. I love it! :)

Cac0115
11-03-2009, 06:56 PM
seems like there are a couple small groups that are all moving tri to tri about the same time! I know there are a few ladies coming over this month to the 2nd tri.

I think I'm not as fazed with having a lo and being preggo since mine isnt quite a toddler anymore and goes to school during the week, I guess I won't find out what its like with a smaller one and preggo until (hopefully) next time!

jms1221
11-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Hello ladies:

Well went to my appt yesterday and we were able to hear the HB with the doppler. It was about the 148 again. I kept asking her are you sure that isn't my HB and she was like I know what I am doing. But I go back Dec 2 and that is for my long u/s to make sure that everything is forming correctly and that the spinal cord is closed and all that stuff. So I am sure I will be paranoid when that comes. I will also have to do my glucose test early due to my mom is diabetic. I am glad to see every one is doing good... Postive thought are hard for me to think so I am glad to read them.......

kt_meehee
11-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Time DOES fly...I'll be moving over to the third tri soon, too! It's so crazy to think that there's only three more months left until we meet our son! So exciting, but also so nerve-wracking since we have so much more preparation to finish before he arrives, plus the holiday season (which I am so NOT prepared for...I wish Christmas presents would buy themselves this year!!!)

Have you ladies experienced Braxton-Hicks contractions yet? This might sound really silly, but I don't know if I have or not. At times my tummy does seem to harden and then soften, but I can't tell if it's just the baby changing positions (which he seems to do sooo frequently now!)

Hope you are all doing well! :)

lighthouse830
11-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Cac- It does seem like we're moving in groups to the next trimesters :)

jms- 146 would definitely NOT be your HB unless you're doing some good exercise! :) That's the baby! My babies have been about 160-170 at my last two u/s at 9 & 13 weeks.

AFM, I'm doing well- I have just under 2 weeks until my next appt. My belly is getting big & I think I'll have to be rolled out of the house like a basketball by the time I'm ready to deliver!

trying hard
11-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Anyone ever experience pressure type something...not cramps, not real painful, but something there..in the lower abs? I just had an appointment on Monday where I told the doc this and she checked everything and said everythign was fine, probably just things growing and moving. It seems to be more noticeable when I get up from sitting position or if I move around too much. Any ideas?

trying hard
11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I also wanted to ask those of you who have felt the baby move...where exactly in your belly did/do you feel the flutters first? :)

lighthouse830
11-05-2009, 09:46 PM
tryin- I get braxton hicks which is just a tightening of the uterus (they're not painful right now, but they feel weird) and I only know that's what they are from my first two daughters. The first time I felt the babies (which was very early) was down along my hair line. I can now feel them anywhere the uterus is (it's about 4 weeks or so ahead of size schedule, so it's pas the belly button already).

trying hard
11-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Weird would be a good way to describe what I feel ;) I've heard of braxton hicks but only in passing and have no idea what it means. i wonder if that's what's going on here? Is there risk associated with that?

lighthouse830
11-05-2009, 10:20 PM
tryin- they're 'pretend' contractions. If there was pain or a regularity to them then you would definitely want to call your OB. They are getting the uterus ready for the big event :) They are normal and don't do anything to the cervix (like a real contraction would). If you feel your belly when they happen, it may feel tight like when you tightened your ab muscles during a sit-up. I don't remember when I felt them with my other kids, I just remember what it feels like. Sometimes as the baby gets bigger I found it hard to determine when it was the baby rolling/stretching out and when it was a braxton hicks.

leeann38
11-06-2009, 04:44 PM
lighthouse - I just had to laugh when you said you'd need to be rolled out of the house by the time you had the babies. That's hilarious! I'm sure you look beautiful. You ladies over here need to post some bump picture on the pic thread!! I'll be over here in a week and a half (OMG!). I blinked my eyes and my baby is 2. Now I'm going to blink my eyes again and have another 2 year old and an almost 5 year old (holy cow!). It always amazes me how fast pregnancy and birthdays go!

lighthouse830
11-06-2009, 05:37 PM
leann- People can't believe that I'm only in my 4th month. I think I'm big even for twins. I'll take another belly shot (I did one at 9 weeks) so that you ladies can see what I'm talking about. I look 6 months along. I already have a maternity top that is getting too small. I've only gained 5 lbs, but I look like a lot more than that! :)

I ordered my diaper bag online today- it's a Skip Hop bag, which I've heard is good for twins. Have you guys picked out anything yet?

trying hard
11-06-2009, 05:39 PM
lighthouse - Thanks for the info...I don't know if that's what was happening but it hardly happened at all today so I guess not much to worry about. Maybe just "growing pains" :) I'll take it, as long as it means everything is moving along okay!!!

Can't wait to see your new belly pic!!

lighthouse830
11-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Okay, here's two 15 week twin bump pictures. I have a gazillion stretch marks from my first two daughters, so don't mind the road maps on my belly ;)

jms1221
11-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Lighthouse: You look GREAT!!!!! At least when people see you they know you are prego. Right now I look Prego and my Baby is just coming up over my belly button. I had a lady rub my belly the other day and I was like my baby is way down here. But I was a "fluffy" girl so I guess it is okay. ;)

leeann38
11-06-2009, 07:05 PM
lighthouse - holy cow!! You do have a big belly! It's so freakin cute!!!

lighthouse830
11-06-2009, 08:24 PM
LOL, leann, I think that this the only time you could ever say that to me without getting a dirty look ;)

... & I told you I'll have to be rolled out!

Thanks jms :) People keep telling me I look great and I'm like, 'really?' LOL....

trying hard
11-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Love the belly lighthouse!!!!

lighthouse830
11-07-2009, 10:23 AM
thanks trying :)

leeann38
11-07-2009, 11:02 AM
There is definitely no hiding the fact that you are pregnant! That was about as pregnant as I looked when I delivered, except I'm not thin like you so my belly wasn't quite so cute! I feel like I look preggo now, but I'm not sure if it's just because I'm fat to begin with LOL! At least I don't worry about sucking in my stomach anymore Hahahahah!!

birdling
11-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Okay, posting over here -- can't quite believe I'm second tri already! Though my belly certainly looks it ...

leeann38
11-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Well I want to see your belly pic, too, birdling! LOL I shouldn't be posting here, yet, but I had to comment on lighthouse's lovely bump! :)

birdling
11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Leeann -- LOL -- of course you should post here; you'll be here soon enough! :) And lighthouse has a CUTE bump -- I don't want to post mine! But speaking of bumps, where ARE all the bump pictures?

leeann38
11-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I would like to know the same thing!!! When I was pregnant with Makenna, ladies were posting pictures practically every day!! All pregnant women are beautiful, so there should be a ton of pics over there! LOL Don't worry, I'll be posting one soon. It's not all that big, but that's ok! hahaha

Cac0115
11-07-2009, 07:05 PM
lighthouse- im loving the belly pictures...and I'd expect you to be bigger than we are, you are growing 2 babies! I'm sure will NOT end up looking like that picture of the octomom, so don't worry about it.

leann- i dont think anyone minds you posting over here, so dont worry about feeling like you "dont belong"--we're all pregnant, and you're close enough!

i'm still not showing at all. the belly i have is the same belly i had 13 weeks ago..even maybe a little smaller(i have lost weight)! A few people at work still look at me like I couldnt be because I look smaller-not that they dont believe me though. I'm thinking I wont "look" pregnant for another month or 2 atleast.

lighthouse830
11-07-2009, 08:48 PM
LOL, cac... I never saw the octomom pic, but I sure hope I don't look like I'm carrying 8 in there! :)

Thanks everyone for the belly comments that it looks cute :) Somedays I feel so self-conscious!

PS- My mom says that I've already started to waddle... this doesn't bode well for the next 5 months!

Onemiraclebaby
11-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Well, I've graduated to my 2nd trimester! I'm excited to be here! Anyone else showing yet this early? I've definitely got a little tummy going...I'm definitely showing faster this time than with my first! The best part of the 2nd trimester thus far has been the end of morning sickness!!! The bad part, so far, is the insomnia :( Anyone else battling that? Any suggestions? I've taken unisom the last 2 nights but I've still woken up around 2 or 3 and struggled to fully go back to sleep after that. Well, hope everyone is well!

lighthouse830
11-08-2009, 01:59 PM
onemiraclebaby- yep, I still am awake half the night. I've just come to accept it- and it's better than the nausea side effect! :)

monthlyhopeful
11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
For the insomnia, on the nights before I have to get up for work (3 days/week) I just take a benadryl or two and it knocks me out. I know it's not good to take it regularly so I do avoid it at all costs but being on my feet for 13 hours the next day requires a good night's sleep. I totally understand the insomnia problem.

I think I'm leaving the glory of the second tri...I'm getting tired again and feeling a little moody. It was great while it lasted :) Baby shower is this weekend, I am very excited :) Having it early because of out of town relatives and the holidays. Also taking our first childbirth class this Saturday. I can't wait to see the look on DH's face when they show the vaginal delivery video, bwahaha ;) :)

Hope you girls are well. This is my last week here. I've enjoyed growing with you and love this site for the support :)

birdling
11-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Okay Leeann -- trying this for you ... :)

(Will have to try this again later -- now it's huge!!)

I never post photos so we'll see if I managed to do it correctly!

leeann38
11-09-2009, 09:23 PM
It didn't post, birdling! I just see an X. If you just click on manage attachments then upload the picture from you computer - that's how I do it! Aw man, now I'm in suspense!! LOL!

lighthouse830
11-09-2009, 09:56 PM
leann- how'd the appt go? U/S or doppler? :)

birdling
11-10-2009, 09:15 AM
LOL, Leeann, tried to fix it but it turned out enormous (though I DID resize it on photobucket), so I'll have to work on it again later. Sorry to keep you in suspense!!

birdling
11-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Okay, trying this again ... if it turns out huge again I'll delete and start over ...

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/bnovales/DSCN0743.jpg

birdling
11-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Thank goodness!! Now for a random question ... has anyone had spotting in the second tri (that's not due to DTD)? I ran a slight fever yesterday (99-100) and have a sinus infection and ear infection. On pregnancy-safe antibiotics, etc. etc. ... then yesterday got up from the couch and had a few sharp cramps that lasted no more than 30 secs. About an hour later went to the bathroom and found brown spotting in my underwear ... wiped twice and got pinkish CM and then a tiny spot of red blood. Wiped an hour or so later and got brownish CM -- no more in the underwear -- and nothing at all since then. Called my OB and the nurse said it's no biggie -- to come in if I'm bleeding or it gets worse or there's more cramping -- so I think it's fine, but I just keep thinking, what if it's not?? Has anyone encountered this? Some reassurance would be great right about now!

Also -- Leeann, how was the appointment today??

crys20
11-10-2009, 09:01 PM
birdling- cute picture! You look great! On the spotting, I had full on bleeding and spotting throughout the first part of the second tri. I was placed on various forms of bed rest off and on because of it and we never quite figured out what was causing it. DH and I thought maybe that it was because of DTD but it wouldn't show up until days later, so really not sure. Sorry if TMI, but I even lost large clots and stuff with my bleeding. I also had really bad cramping with it. But, everything is looking good now! Hope that it stops for you. It is soooo nerve wracking.

leeann38
11-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Sorry to keep you ladies in suspense!! Forgot to update you over here!! She used the doppler and found the h/b almost immediately. It was in the 150s. So my first u/s won't be until I'm 20w1d! Oh well, I will be really excited for that one FOR SURE!! Really, 8 weeks is not so long to wait. The 6 weeks that I had to wait until my first appointment really went by quickly! I did have some spotting yesterday after the pap, but that's to be expected. It's gone now. I'm still hoping there's just one in there (no reason to suspect otherwise, but she also didn't look for any other h/bs!! Wouldn't that be a surprise at the 20 week ultrasound... LOL!!!!

Birdling - such a cute picture!!! I usually just add pictures as attachments because that way it's small in the post but you can click on it to make it bigger. That way it isn't lifesize when you post but you can see good when you click on it. (and it's way easier than uploading to photobucket then posting the link!) lol

Dh and I are off today, so I think we're going to go shopping. I actually already got babies bedding. It's the fisher price rainforest - got it on sale a BRU because they have a new line now (precious planet). We really liked the rainforest stuff when Makenna was little. We have the jumper and the play gym. Anyway, I want to make his/her room like a little rainforest. I think it will be cute!!

birdling
11-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Crys and Leeann -- thanks! :)

Leeann -- how was the shopping? I love the FP rainforest theme. We have the high chair and bouncer, and I think a playmat ... I love the bright colors! :)

leeann38
11-12-2009, 07:49 AM
birdling - it could have gone better! I had a sick dh (we all know how painful that is... lol) and a tired/cranky little girl. So basically, the first 2 stores were a bust and then she asked to go to Red Robin, so we reluctantly took her there for lunch and she cheered up and then we went to Costco and walked around for a really long time! We were even able to sneak a Christmas present in the bottom of the cart! LOL

My pap spotting is completely gone now (yay!). Well, it's off to work (boo!). I have a morning full of kiddos, 2 IEP meetings today at noon (twin boys) and then an afternoon of catching up on paperwork. You ladies have a great day!

lighthouse830
11-12-2009, 10:51 AM
leann- glad to hear that the spotting has stopped! :)

Cac0115
11-12-2009, 03:46 PM
birdling-thats a cute picture- we are due the same day, and I'm still not showing.

I'll say sorry in advance for this long post.

I have a question for you ladies though. I know cord blood banking is a big thing now for families to bank and keep their own cord blood for just in case, but has anyone here thought about donating it? I know they would use it the same way it would be used if you kept it for yourself, and since I know a of family that's kinda just sitting on their thumbs until a match comes along that willing to donate blood for this little boy with a special type of cancer(he's got a 50/50 chance right now), I'm planning on donating. I'm just curious if anyone else has thought about this yet, and what you may be planning to do.
If you go to www.marrow.org there is planty of info for donating and where to go.

lighthouse830
11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
cac- that is a great option. I had never heard of donating the cord blood like that. My hospital isn't listed, but I'm going to check into the other options that they list on their website.

birdling
11-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Leeann -- sorry the shopping trip didn't go quite as planned! Sorry your DH was sick ... mine is a big whiner when he doesn't feel well, so if that's the way yours is then I really feel for you! Glad the trip improved, though! Hope work went okay -- I had an IEP meeting this morning (an initial; we had to go over all the evaluations) so I feel your pain! Glad your pap spotting has stopped!

Cac -- thanks for the compliment! :) I still think it's so neat we're due exactly the same day! I would like to donate cord blood, but haven't researched yet how/where to do it around here. Guess I need to get going on finding a new OB so I can figure out the hospital where I'll be delivering and then go from there. Definitely let us know if you find anything interesting in your research!

Hi to everyone else!

Cac0115
11-14-2009, 04:42 AM
your welcome birdling :)

as for the cord blood donations, I recently found out about it and thought it may be something interesting to share.

and afm....well..I had my first 2nd tri appt 2day- and its left me a nervous wreck. Since my doc is a family practice they dont have us machines in the office and rely on doppler for the hb, and 2day, we couldnt find it. :( So whenever I need and us I have to go through the hospital- and I'm hating it right now, I can't go in until monday! The biggest trip is, my doc, even my dh(as far as I can tell) isnt as worried as myself. She said since my uterus is tilted, we may have a hard time and this wasn't an issue with my son...soo sorry for a little rant there, but it's got me a little worked up here.

trying hard
11-14-2009, 08:30 AM
cac - I'm sorry that you're having a rough time and I can understand that you feel worried - i would be just as worked up as you are....but try (I know, easier said than done) to relax just a little bit and trust your doctor. I am sure that everything will be fine. Good luck.

lighthouse830
11-14-2009, 10:13 AM
cac- that would kill me to have to wait until monday for an u/s too. :( They had a hard time finding a HB with doppler at my 13 week appt and there are two in there to pick from, so don't lose hope. I had the u/s and both babies were fine. I have a tilted uterus too.

leeann38
11-14-2009, 01:45 PM
I think everything's ok with the baby, too!! :) Don't worry! You'll see him/her on Monday!!

I must not have an anterior placenta or a tilted uterus because they found the h/b immediately at my 12 week appt and I'm a heavy girl! They didn't find it with Makenna at 12 weeks. That's just my luck though, because I was hoping for the u/s! LOL!!! Now I have to wait until 20 weeks!

Darlin
11-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Yea I am glad that I finally graduated to the 2nd tri. It seems like such along time yet so short too.

Hope everyone is doing well and able to rest and relax till they hear or see their lo again.

birdling
11-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Hang in there Cac! Thinking good thoughts for you ... please keep us posted!

Cac0115
11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
thank you ladies, I slept mostly through the weekend, I think maybe that was the side effect that the nurse was talking about with my vaccine. anyways, the u/s went good, the baby didnt want to stay still long enough for the tech to measure much-so it was a very long u/s, but good anyways! sorry for the rambling, just really tired now- I don't know if it was nerves or just insomnia- but I didn't sleep a wink! So I'm going to go eat and sleep, I hope everyone else's weekends went good!

leeann38
11-16-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm officially in the 2nd tri tomorrow! Holy cow!

lighthouse830
11-16-2009, 09:33 PM
cac- I'm glad everything went great :)

leann- yay for the 2nd trimester!

AFM, I go to the OB for my routine appt tomorrow. I hope they find two HBs with the doppler for me!

Darlin
11-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Leann - Congrats on being 1/3 the way there!

leeann38
11-17-2009, 07:59 AM
So everything I've read online says this is the last week of the first tri - so am I technically not in the second tri until 14 weeks? lol! I'm confused!

lighthouse830
11-17-2009, 08:55 AM
DH was trying to figure out the trimesters too and I didn't know for sure what it would be for exact weeks. I told him I'm definitely in the 2nd tri by now though! He thought I was still in the first tri. Time flies I guess (when it's not you LOL)!

Cac0115
11-17-2009, 09:32 AM
lighthouse- good luck at your appt 2day

leann- id say you made it though! I noticed I always get emails that say I'm in (now) my 14th week, not that I'm 14 wks. I remember explaining this someone else last night. You are in your 14th week, but you are not 14 weeks yet, which puts you in the 2nd tri. My friend I was explaining this to (she's 5 mos preggo) I was able to have it make sense by saying when a baby is born they are not 1 year old yet, but they are in their 1st year of life, if you know what I mean. Anyways, to sum it up(sorry it was long), dont listen to them. I wonder often enough if they are sending either the right emails or if they have to reword them.

leeann38
11-17-2009, 01:49 PM
LOL about being in the first trimester lighthouse! 16 weeks is definitely not the first tri!

Cac - that makes sense!

lighthouse830
11-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Well, my appt went great today :) I met the midwife for the first time & she was wonderful. I am measuring 29 weeks if it was a singleton pregnancy! Yikes, I don't know where the babies will go in the next 20 weeks LOL! My uterus is up to the center of my ribs where they meet. (so a little bit below my bra). The babies are on top of each other still. I feel baby b move a lot more than baby a and she said that's normal based on their placement. I go back in 2 weeks for an u/s (the big one) and an appt. Hubby is coming with me for that one, so it should be great! We heard both HBs on the doppler today too- they were both in the high 140s. One HB was picked up around my right ribs and the other was picked up at my hair line down there, so she said that it's definitely not the same HB that we heard (I was afraid that we were just hearing the same one twice). I can't wait for the next u/s with hubby :)

Darlin
11-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Lighthouse - I am so glad that you were able to hear both hearbeats. You next u/s should be awesome.

leeann38
11-17-2009, 04:54 PM
lighthouse - I'm so glad your appointment went well! Wow, 29 weeks! You better take it easy lady or you'll be delivering early!

lighthouse830
11-17-2009, 09:04 PM
leann- don't say that! I'm so scared of preterm labor! :) When you guys saw my pics, you could tell I looked a lot further along, so that makes sense if I'm the equivalent of a 29 week pregnant w/a singleton. Maybe it will level off some? I sure hope so! Hopefully they grow out more than up into my ribs more! :)

darlin- I can't wait for the u/s! It should be so great to see them getting so big! :)

trying hard
11-18-2009, 12:12 PM
leann - Welcome to the second tri!!!

lighthouse - So glad you had a good appointment yesterday :) It's crazy that you are measuring 29 weeks in a singleton preg!!! Wow! I too hope your babies start growing out instead of up into your ribs...sounds quite uncomfortable....but well worth it hey?!?

As for me, still trying to get over a horrible cold/flu...my family doc has treated me with the tamiflu just in case even though my only symptoms were cough and sore throat (and still are 2 weeks later) but now seems to be moving into my chest...hoping it doesn't turn into bronchitis. I had my appointment on Monday with the baby doc and we heard the h/b and a quick u/s peek at the baby :) She is very happy with everything, h/b at 150 and lots of activity. It was so cool, we could actually count the baby's fingers on one hand during the u/s. So exciting. I have my big 20 week u/s next week on one of the better machines (the office ones aren't that great). But all of my maternal screening came back negative and the risks for any of the abnormalities are very low (like 1 in 3000 for spina bifida, 1 in 8000 for trisomy 18 and I think she said 1 in 2000 for downs). So that was a nice relief. She did say that my iron was a bit low so has me on supplements now. The pharmacist said that constipation is a common s/e with this....is he right??!?! That's all I need, even more of it ;) Oh well, whatever it takes right?!? I have officially told almost everyone I know that I am pregnant and am really starting to show....yay!!!!!!

lighthouse830
11-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Okay, here's the huge-amongous belly this week :) (17 weeks) I posted this in the Nov pics thread also.

trying hard
11-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Lighthouse - LOVE the belly :)

knutfugget
11-19-2009, 12:54 PM
lighthouse I also LOVE the belly! :D

trying I haven't seen a belly pic from you lately... ;)

Darlin
11-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Lighthouse - I like the pic as well.

leeann38
11-19-2009, 03:21 PM
I also love the belly!! You're such a beautiful preggo woman!!

lighthouse830
11-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the comments :) I just can't get over how big it's getting and it's making me so excited that they are really growing & that the bigger I get, the closer it is until I hold them!

I really want to see your belly pics too guys! :) I love looking at them.

I had my appt on Tues, but since Tuesday night I've been getting a 'pinching' sensation on my cervix, so I called and they wanted to see me. I went in this morning and they did an u/s and my mom came with me & we got to see the twinkies again :) They are getting so big everytime I see them on u/s. They were doing wonderful and their HBs were still in the upper 140's. My cervix was 6cm long and my midwife said that's a really long cervix, so the pinching I'm getting is probably the babies stetching/hitting and pushing on the cervix. Baby A is head down and baby B is transverse (laying sideways), so hopefully baby a stays that way. My midwife said that if baby a is head down and baby b is transverse that once baby a comes out, baby b might just slip into head down position.

Tink
11-19-2009, 06:36 PM
lighthouse- you are freakin adorable!!!!! And 6cm is HUGE!!!! 4cm is average! You just may get close to your due date with a cervix like that!

leeann38
11-19-2009, 09:37 PM
lighthouse - I'll post another belly pic in a few weeks! :)

lighthouse830
11-19-2009, 10:43 PM
LOL, Tink... I hope I make it close to my due date- just not beyond it! My midwife was very pleased with the cervix length. I hope it's a good sign! They had another twin mom in there when I was there on Tuesday and she was at 38 weeks and made my baby bump look like nothing!

Leann- have you popped out more? :) In your last pic, you had a cute baby bump.

birdling
11-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Leeann -- welcome to the second tri! :)

Lighthouse -- that is the CUTEST pic. You look wonderful! But LOL, show your face, lady! :) I'm sure you look gorgeous all over!!

Okay, where are the other belly bump pics? I finally got brave and posted one (after several failed attempts) -- so where are everybody else's, LOL? :p

leeann38
11-20-2009, 07:25 AM
lighthouse - I'm not sure if I popped out more yet or not. I'll see if dh will take a pic for me this weekend and I will compare. LOL!

In other news - my ticker moved over to the 4th month!!!

lighthouse830
11-20-2009, 08:34 AM
birdling- I am not crazy about having a face pic on an open forum, sorry :) Belly pics I am fine with though! Your pic is very cute- you'll have to keep updating the pics!

leann- yay on the fourth month flower in your sig! :)

Darlin
11-20-2009, 09:45 AM
This is my first so I am not really showing yet, but when I am I will try to post a pic. All of the pics are so cute.

trying hard
11-20-2009, 01:15 PM
LOL Knut - I know, I need to post a pic because I definitely have a belly now, not quite as popped out yet but on my way :) People are definitely noticing and commenting now so I guess it's pretty obvious! Will try to post one this weekend.

leeann38
11-20-2009, 10:50 PM
How's everyone doing? Nothing much new for me here! My next ob appt isn't for another 2 weeks and a few days (my 16w appt). Then it's only another 4 weeks from there before I get my first peek at baby Magness! Woo hoo!!!

Ok, so Makenna was a mid-October baby, so I mostly bought warm clothes. This baby is going to be coming mid-May, so I'm thinking I should stick with lighter weight newborn outfits, but not sure!! I mean, it's not hot yet (we live in Pittsburgh), but by the time 0-3 month clothes fit, it will be summer. That is so strange to me, because we were bundling Makenna up! So I guess I'm trying to figure out what kinds of newborn clothes to buy, because I need some gender neutral stuff. I was thinking a few of those adorable carters outfits that have the matching pants. What do you guys think? lol

Tink
11-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Leeann- O was a May baby and I only live 3 hrs south from you. We dressed him in cotton sleepers and in onesies with pants (like the carters ones). :)

leeann38
11-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks, Tink! I wasn't sure!! My sister-in-law lives in Waldorf, so we head down that way a few times a year to see her and her family!

jms1221
11-22-2009, 01:50 AM
Well Ladies:

I haven 't posted on here in a while. I lost my baby. I was 18 weeks and 2 days. My water broke and I lost my baby. I won't be back on here any more. I don't think I can do it again. I pray that all of you lovely ladies have great healthy pregnancy's and babies. But I will not be posting any more. I don't know what I have done in my life to have this happen to me I have lost 3 babies and I am not strong enough to go through this. I just am going to take time away and deal with things. But I PRAY that you all have and continue to have Good Pregnancies and GOOD LUCK!!!

Love,
JMS

Bizzijoe
11-22-2009, 09:01 AM
JMS-I'm so sorry to hear that. You and you family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take all time to heal.

jessicaileen
11-22-2009, 10:33 AM
JMS - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss...my thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

lighthouse830
11-22-2009, 10:56 AM
jms- I am so sorry to hear about your loss :( It brought tears to my eyes.

Darlin
11-22-2009, 11:24 AM
JMS - I hope that you find the means to hope you heal. You are in my prayers.

trying hard
11-22-2009, 04:17 PM
jms - My heart goes out to you...so sorry to hear about your loss. Thinking of you (((hugs)))

leeann38
11-22-2009, 04:29 PM
JMS - There's nothing more that I can add to what everyone else has said except that I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that in time you will be able to find your way back here, but I understand if you don't.

So for those of you who are/were taking metformin, did you stop it at 12 weeks or continue it? I'm still taking mine. It's only 500mg/day. I've heard that it really can help with bfing, so I think I might just keep taking it but am curious what you all think. I hope everyone is doing well!!

dafjam
11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Some days my belly seems bigger than other days. I can tell I am getting bigger but no one can tell except me and my husband. Is anyone taking measurements around their belly. From week 5, I have only grown 1 1/2 inches around the waist and hips. Maybe I seem bigger on days I am bloated or constipated. sorry if tmi. I don't know. On non-fat days I feel like I am not pregnant anymore. Anyone else feel the same? I'll post pictures once I start to show.

lighthouse830
11-22-2009, 08:45 PM
dafjam- from my pics (in this thread) you can definitely tell I'm preggo, but not everyone shows that much- especially if you've never carried a baby to term before (you won't be pre-stretched).

AFM, We toured the birthing center at our hospital today- we really liked it! I hope that we can make it to 34 weeks so that I can deliver there. Otherwise, if it's 26-34 weeks, I have to go into Boston. Anyone else taking a birthing center tour?

leeann38
11-22-2009, 09:17 PM
lighthouse - that's great that you liked it! We are just delivering at the hospital where we had dd via repeat c-section, so I'm no help on birthing centers! :) Good luck, though. I hope you make it to 37 weeks!!

lighthouse830
11-22-2009, 10:34 PM
leann- The hospital's maternity ward is called the birthing center- it's where I'd have a c-section also. :) We got to see the labor rooms and I like that we will stay in the same room that we deliver in. You don't get moved to another room after the baby is born (unless it's a c-section of course!) I'm just praying for 34 weeks. That's the earliest 'd like the twinkies to make their debut :) Anything on top of that is icing on the cake- but I know I won't want to wait past 38 weeks with these guys! :)

leeann38
11-23-2009, 08:12 AM
38+ weeks definitely would not be fun. You just can't imagine how glad I am to be having a repeat c-section this time. LOL! I know that must sound nuts, but I don't EVER want to be 42 weeks pregnant again. It was not very comfortable! haha But one good thing about that is Makenna was great at latching on and sucking, and sometimes I wonder if it's because she was "older" than other babies who are born earlier. LOL!

lighthouse830
11-23-2009, 09:56 AM
I can't imagine lasting until 42 weeks! My first daughter came at 39w4d, my second came at 39 wks. That was long enough! With your daughter, did they try to induce you or did you opt for a c-section right away?

Darlin
11-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving week.

AFM - Just trying to patiently wait for my next appointment next week. I had hoped to be able to get an appointment and be able to hear the heartbeat again on my birthday on Wednesday but they were booked. Oh Well, next week will work.

leeann38
11-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I pretty much opted for the c-section. I went in with the plan to be induced, but after talking with my dr, we decided the c-section was probably the best. When I got to the hospital, she checked me and dd was so high up that she couldn't feel her head. She wasn't engaged or anything. So basically my dr said that I had 3 strikes against me. 1) I was late and completely closed/unripe and when you induce like that, you have an increased risk of c-section 2) she was very high up and wasn't in position 3) I have a narrow pelvis. So, she told me she'd gladly induce me, but she did the same thing with her first child and she opted for induction - she was in labor for over 2 days and then had to have an emergency c-section, so she said it was totally up to me. So I thought about it and realized that I am not one of those people that puts too much thought into how the baby arrives as long as she arrived safely and I didn't care if I didn't have a vaginal birth. So I just had the c-section. I had a super easy recovery and everything went great, so I have no regrets. :) When she was born, she had a bump on her head that the pediatrician said was from her trying to move into the birth canal but there just wasn't room for her so she kept head butting it so to speak. So I guess I just don't have infant bearing hips! LOL!!! With this next one, I am having a repeat c-section, but I think I'll consider a v-bac if I were to go into labor on my own before the section (which I doubt). I guess we'll see what happens!!

RedReba
11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Leann - On the Met question. I was on 2000mg daily through 12 weeks (so technically for 2 more days) and then my Dr. had me drop to 1000mg daily and say I will stay there the entire pregnancy unless I get GD and then he will up it agian. he says it should help control the wieght gain for me a baby.

leeann38
11-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks, Reba. I think I'll just keep taking the 500mg then. :) You're almost over here!!

leeann38
11-24-2009, 08:04 AM
It's like talking to myself over here. LOL! Where is everyone? How's everyone doing?

I'm 14 weeks today :) Movin' right along :D

katiejill
11-24-2009, 08:25 AM
I guess I am over here now:) I am feeling great these days and sometimes I worry if everything is going ok in there. I mean I like feeling great but this middle stage is like what is going on in there :p

lighthouse830
11-24-2009, 09:48 AM
katie- welcome to the second trimester :) I think a lot of us felt that way around the same time when you're coming into the second trimester. A lot of the first trimester symptoms fade and most people can't feel the baby moving for a few more weeks so you wonder what is going on in there.

leann- it has been a little quiet here. Have you started to decorate the nursery at all? Like I say all the time, I don't know if I'll be restricted during my pregnancy, so I'm trying to get everything done as early as possible :) Our nursery is almost done, but we're trying to figure out where the second crib should go. It's starting to look tight! We have 2 dressers, a recliner, a toy chest, and we'll need a second crib (one is already in there). We don't plan on putting them in different cribs until they are a few months old and able to roll, so we have time to think about it :) I'm very anti-clutter, so this is a challenge trying to get all the stuff to still look minimalist!

Flavy
11-24-2009, 10:45 AM
I want to be on this thread :( And for me personally it would be a blessing for my biggest symptom and nemesis nausea to fade away lol. It's been quite a ride for me this past month and a half!

I want to start on my nursery too but mom says not a good idea until later, she believes in jinxes really strongly.. Also we're not living in the house we'll be living in when I deliver. Soooo it's still a loong wait for me.. although I'm sure I'll start buying stuff a LITTLE sooner hehehe.

Does anyone else feel like 9 months is a heck of a LOONG way to go...? I guess I can thank god we're not elephants with their 2 yrs or something... heh. Yes, I'm ranting.

Flavy

Darlin
11-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Hey Leann I kind of wondered where everyone had gone too.

Katie - Congrats on graduating to the 2nd tri. I sometimes have to wonder the same thing, this is my first and I am not sure what to expect. Not feeling pregnant except really sore boobs is kind of nerve racking.

Lighthouse - I have picked some things out for the nursery but have not had the energy until now to clean that room out. That room has really been a collection room since we moved in a year ago. I plan on trying to get more done in there this weekend.

Flavy - You will be here soon and in the mean time pop over anytime and say hello. I love to talk, I will talk to ya.

AFM - I got my H1N1 vaccine today, maybe I can realx a little. My birthday is tomorrow so I hope I don't get any side effects that would ruin it for me.

Cac0115
11-24-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm still here! I just havn't been on in a week!

Congrats Leann and Katie on making it official in the 2nd tri!

Lighthouse- I'm loving the belly pic!

As for the nursery, My place still isn't ready for Thanksgiving, and that's 2 days away!

afm- my nausea is finally starting to ease up, but now I'm going in between can't sleep at all and I could sleep almost forever(with only getting up to pee!)

leeann38
11-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Yay, activity on the 2nd tri thread!! LOL

Re: nursery - I actually have my bedding but won't start on the nursery until probably after Christmas. We were done with Makenna's nursery really early, but right now dh is putting a half bath downstairs and we still are in the middle of that. Once that is done, then we are putting down a new subfloor in the nursery, THEN we can paint, carpet, and furnish! I am just using the nursery furniture from dd. We found her a dresser to match her toddler bed (that converts to full) on craigslist, so she doesn't need the nursery furniture anymore.

On the second crib thing - I think sku from the mom's thread just put hers next to each other, BUT that posed to be a problem once they got bigger because Leah kept climbing into Jacob's crib and waking him up, so you might want to get her advice on the crib setup. LOL :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day early Darlin!!!! :) I am getting my H1N1 shot at my 16 week checkup. I didn't want to make a special trip in for it. dd is getting hers December 6th. They are having a one day only Sunday clinic at her drs. But the only problem with that is I think they are supposed to have 2 shots... maybe my dr isn't doing 2 shots... idk!

Cac0115
11-24-2009, 01:49 PM
omg- I miss the stage where you're just setting up the toddler bed, My son told me the other day his bed shrank! We have to move him up to a twin really soon.

leeann38
11-24-2009, 02:08 PM
LOL actually, we are moving her to a full after Christmas. I don't want to invest another 100+ dollars into a crib mattress when I have a perfectly good one. Makenna has been in a toddler bed since 16 months, so she will be glad to move to a full size bed. lol! I'd rather put the money into a full mattresss, kwim? I think we paid like $150 or so for her crib mattress.

Cac0115
11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
o wow...I think the one I had to buy only cost me around $50- I try to find inexpensive when possible- which my dh will like when we will have to buy whatever isn't given to us. The only thing we will be splurging on is the stroller.

leeann38
11-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Well, my in-laws gave us $100 toward the mattress, so we put extra money towards it because we were planning on keeping it for all of our kids, if possible. Plus they say to get a good mattress if it's an everyday use mattress, so who knows! At least she got her use out of it! She has STTN in it every night since 3 months! lol I take that back, she slept with us 2 nights since she was 3 months old. hahaha!

trying hard
11-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Not much time for personals right now but wanted to throw something out there to you ladies...I had my 20 week u/s sound today and everything looked great, baby is measuring "normal" with all parts of the anatomy scan and weighs 10 ozs (normal too she said) BUT, although the doctor or the tech did not seem concerned, they did see an echogenic (?) focus on the heart which she said was a very weak soft marker for down's. She said not to be concerned because the earlier u/s where they measured the skin folds on the back of the neck and the nasal bone, was great and according to my maternal screening b/w that I had done, my risk for down's is 1 in 1400. She did say that now my risk is closer to 1 in 700 but "don't be at all worried". Anyone have a similar experience or know of anyone who did? Any insight would be helpful. I had my dh and my mom with me today and I told them both that I was not at all concerned but I think I lied....I am feeling a little worried.

birdling
11-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Trying -- it's probably nothing, but if you're worried about it, can you request a level II ultrasound from a maternal-fetal medicine specialist? When I was pregnant with my first, they found cysts in the choroid plexus (spaces in the brain) at my 20-week scan, which is a soft sign for down's and other trisomy disorders. My OB said it was likely nothing and they usually disappear by week 35 or so (which his did, and the research I did online suggested that by itself it was likely nothing; it's only a concern if other issues are present), but she did send me for a level II ultrasound, where they look more closely at all the structures, etc. They found nothing else on that scan and it really made me feel a lot better about things, even though I knew I wasn't supposed to be worried anyway (but truly, how can you not worry when they tell you something like that?).

trying hard
11-25-2009, 10:07 PM
birdling - The ultrasound that I had was at the fetal assessment unit, not just the ordinary u/s department, because of my history. They did look very close at the whole baby and measured the length of baby's bones and everything. I see my regular doctor on Monday and will talk about it with her too but just wanted to hear some of my fellow cysters experiences...thanks for sharing and I am glad that the cysts they found on your baby went away....that's what I am kind of hoping for since I read that the focus sometimes disappears by the third trimester. I have another u/s in 8 weeks, so fingers crossed!

birdling
11-26-2009, 02:26 AM
Trying -- definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you! I am sure everything is fine! I understand that doctors want to be honest and upfront about everything they find, but I really hate that a lot of times it means we end up stressing out over what turns out to be nothing ...

lighthouse830
11-26-2009, 08:38 AM
tryin- I hope everything is just fine. I've heard of things like that going away in the third trimester too.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

leeann38
11-26-2009, 09:59 AM
trying - don't worry too much. Everything will work out ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the US! :) I'm bracing myself for what is going to be a very emotional day with my family.

RedReba
11-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Hello! I am officiallky over here!! I am so happy I made it. I have had the nausea get better, but still tired. I am hoping it will all get better soon. i told my Partns on Wednesday and told my siblings today. It is so exciting to finally be telling people.

lighthouse830
11-28-2009, 10:31 PM
red- congrats on coming to the second tri board :)

leann- hope your thanksgiving went well!

tryin- how are you doing?

Cac0115
11-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Reba-congrats on making to the 2nd tri!

Trying- The u/s tech told me about my baby's measurements not all measuring the same, but my doc isn't worried about it at all. I'm sure everything will be ok, you'll have to let us know how you appt on monday goes.

trying hard
11-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Red - Congrats on the move to the second trimester!!!

lighthouse - The more I read and talk to people, the less worried I am. Without that echogenic focus on the heart, everything else is exactly where they want it to be and I am measuring right on with baby's development. On top of that, if you calculate the actual % risk, we are at 0.0013 % chance of that spot actually meaning anything. I am sure that my doc will reinforce just that tomorrow.

At my u/s the they also did an internal scan to check my cervix since for some reason I was really worried about that (I think because of all the pelvic pain/pressure I was having after an active day) and she said it was right on....long and closed. For some reason, I am feeling really relaxed about everything right no :) Also have some more energy which is nice...not sur eif it's due to the iron supplements she has me on or simply the place I am inthe pregnancy, but Ill take it :)

Hope everyone is doing great!!

birdling
11-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Leeann (and everybody who celebrates it, but specifically Leeann) -- hope you had a great Thanksgiving! It must have been emotional without your mom, but how great that everyone had your pregnancy to celebrate. And I just know your mom was smiling down from up above!

Reba -- welcome!!

Cac -- how's my due date buddy doing, lol? :)

Trying -- I'm sure everything is fine, but good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Please let us know how everything goes!

AFM, I'm having a bit of a hard time staying positive right now. I was worried at my 15-ish week checkup because I had that one tiny instance of spotting, but everything is fine. Yesterday I had all this tightness in my lower abdomen. I rested and drank a bunch of water, which helped, but should that even be happening at 16 weeks? It's too early for me to feel the baby move consistently, so I can't use that as a guideline. Ugh -- I hate that I had a miscarriage; that just makes it so much harder to be positive about the next pregnancy. It taints everything with the worry that it could happen again. I'm sure that everything is fine, but does anyone have any words of encouragement they could share? It's a long three weeks until my next appointment ... :(

trying hard
11-29-2009, 01:28 PM
birdling - I remember going to my appointment around 15 weeks telling the doc that I was having something going on but hard to explain...tightness/pressure/cramping (but not like AF cramps) and she assured me that it was probably just my uterus moving or stretching and not to worry. I'm sure that is what's happening with you. If you are really concerned, give your doc a call and have them reassure you - that's what they are there for right?!? :) And you are right about those of us who have had miscarriages, it really does take away the naivity and makes us worry so much more. It's not fair but know that you are not alone feeling that way. I hope that you feel better soon.

birdling
11-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks, trying!! I know it is probably nothing, but it's hard not to worry. I appreciate the words of wisdom! :)

Darlin
11-30-2009, 10:06 AM
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving break.

AFM - I am feeling nervous, I have an appointment on Wednesday. I just hope that everything is going well. I hvae no reason to believe that it isn't and my husband thinks I am a total worry wart, but I can't help it.

trying hard
11-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Darlin - I think that's what we all do best is worry ;) Seriously though, even though it's hard not to worry, I am sure that everything will be fine at your appointment. I know for me, I feel the same way a day or two before the appointment, starting to wonder what will be wrong, and then everything is fine so I'm okay for awhile until my next appointment gets closer and then it all starts over...:) I think it's normal!

Cac0115
11-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Happy Monday!

Trying- I'm glad you're feeling a little more relaxed, let us know what your doc says!

Birdling-:)DD buddy, drink your water(or gatorade, whatever you can keep down)! some of the cramping can come from being dehydrated! Remember, our uteruses stretch ALOT, and like trying said, can cause some cramping also. Have you felt any movements yet?

afm- I think I'm gettin those "flutters"-okay well I kinda know:D-it's not gas and its not a pulse(I can feel a pulse there if I lay really still). I'm wondering if the baby can give a good kick yet though. Last night at work, I had 2 quick sharp pains in what felt like my cervix- and no bleeding or other cramping.

I guess it's question time though. I've noticed over the past week I've been getting more soreness in my bbs, more in my left than right, and they've gotten hard(I guess it could be compared to implants). I'm also getting a lot of what looks like dried milk flakes. Is it possible my body's already preparing to breastfeed(not even halfway through), or could it be pushing out whatever dried up from when I had to stop cold turkey with my son?:confused: Anyone else getting anything like this, or might know someone who did?

trying hard
11-30-2009, 05:10 PM
cac - Sorry I can't answe your question about the hard bb's but I know that I also had what looked like dry milk flakes I guess....I just chalked it up to dry skin that's all.

I went to my appointment today and when I asked the nurse about the echogenic focus they found her words to me were "forget all about it". She and then my doctor both said that it was nothing at all to worry about, there has been no further testing ordered, my doc hasn't even noted it where she notes my "issues" (like thyroid disease, etc). She said even with that focus added to my risk for down's I am still well below anything that they worry about at all. PHEWF!!!!! What a relief. Baby's h/b was strong and 152 bpm which they are happy with adn she measured my belly today and sad it as perfect...20 cm for 20 weeks - right on track :) So lots of good news for me today!! Also feeling lots of little 'pops' in there today so baby must be getting stronger :) :)

How is everyone else doing?