PDA

View Full Version : Working from home?

monthlyhopeful
08-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Is anyone able to work from home? I am a critical care nurse and lately, I am too exhausted to do it anymore. My job is too physically and emtionally demanding. I am really trying to find something else to supplement income so I can go part time at my job. Anyone successful in this?

twigford
08-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi Monthly - you still at the point where you are in the sleepy stage. Good luck with everything--I was taking an MBA course when I was at the 14 week mark, and it was 4 nights a week. I would come home everyday after work, take an hour nap, eat, and then go to school for 2 hours, and then crash again. I think in a couple of weeks, you will have more energy - at least this is what I found to be true. Could you take a nursing position in another department? Could you go "flexi-pool" to still get hours but maybe not work as much?

I hope things get better soon!!

dietdrpeppers
08-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey, monthly!

I work from home full-time now. For you, cutting back your hours for a bit would probably help. CCU is a TOUGH area to work in. I work in a clinic, which I'm not doing (it was too tiring seeing patients and doing research), so I'm just doing the research at home. You may be able to negotiate some administrative work at home, maybe with some of the nurse managers.

If you can't negotiate anything with your mgr, try talking to your doctor to see if reduced hours can be mandated.

Take care and good luck, Mel