PDA

View Full Version : May Second Trimester (13 weeks to 27 weeks)

tigergal
04-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Happy mother's day to all the "mama's-to-be"!

honey19
05-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Happy May Day ladies!

rkingall
05-01-2009, 11:19 AM
hi ladies!

hope you are all well. i am in the midst of doing my registry and i'm like completely overwhelmed! i've got like 3 windows open on the screen: 1 for consumer reports, 1 for baby depot and another one for general searching on items.

moms tell me that so much stuff is not necessary, but my BFF who's throwing the shower is insisting i put everything on the list to give folks a variety of things to choose from in different price ranges. i am very mindful of that, given the economy for everyone, so i'm doing it. i think my house will be overrun with lots of stuff. lol!

anyway, have a good weekend all!

-renee

Laurend0517
05-01-2009, 12:43 PM
renee-what website are you using for consumer reports? I couldnt find a website anywhere with out having to pay!!

so speaking of baby products.......have any of you picked out a crib yet? I am kinda torn between the DaVinci Richmond and Parker. I want a crib that is reasonable in price, and that has a drawer underneath for extra storage. Any suggestions?

rkingall
05-01-2009, 03:17 PM
lauren,

we do have a subscription to Consumer Reports online. my DH uses it for every major purchase, so it was worth it to us to pay.

i have not chosen a crib yet, but the DaVinci got high marks from Consumer Reports.

-renee

SharonWA
05-01-2009, 03:29 PM
I got the Da Vinci Emily Convertible and changing table. From everything I saw it got high marks, the only complaint was that it scratches too easily. What I like about it is that it has No Drop Sides, but it is low enough that I can lean into the crib, I am only about 5'4" so the height was important. My crib does not have a drawer underneath though, but I would guess the same brand would probably have the same high marks with its other cribs. Since the changing table is a dresser, I don't think I need the extra storage, as the closet is pretty big in the baby's room. I think I payed about $440 dollars for the two.

Laurend0517
05-01-2009, 04:25 PM
well I think we are going to go with the DaVinci Parker. I read the reviews on Babies R Us and it seemed to get pretty good ratings. The only bad thing I read was that it scratched easily. I can live with that though! It looks pretty sturdy too. I think it runs around $289 at Babies R Us. I like that it has a little dip in the front so it is easier to pick up the baby. I am only 5'1 so I need they help!! lol!! I think the changing table/dresser is about $250. These products sure add up quickly!

What other stuff have you ladies purchased? Any pack in plays or swings? I like the Graco Elyse pack in play. It has a changing table, bassinet, and play pen in one! I think I am also going to get the Graco Elyse stroller/carseat

BeccaRaelyn
05-03-2009, 03:17 AM
hey girls how are you ladies doing? well it looks like I have to switch to public healthcare due to my mom losing her job and the way insurance works if you are not the employee then you are inelligable for cobra and insurance companies do not have to continue coverage if you are pregnant. ABSOLUTELY ASININE if you ask me.... but I get to go back to the doctor that origionally diagnosed me with PCOS as she does accept the public health insurance. I wont get to find out what the baby is until she schedules my ultrasound but I was lucky enough to get an appointment for next wednesday to get started with my paperwork with the office. I am sooo impatient though I want to know what the baby is now, not wait longer. It makes me even more mad about the doctor not doing the ultrasound at the last appointment like he was supposed to. GRR. Anyways... in other news the baby has decided that it is going to stretch out. It puts its feet on my bladder and tries to reach as high as it can... which HURTS... I can feel the baby almost in my ribs when it does that. I have to stand up to relieve the pressure... guess the baby doesnt like me sitting down for too long. Anyone else have a baby that seems to be claustraphobic already lol? I must also add that I am really short so its not like there is a lot of distance between my ribs and my bladder lol.

sarah_007
05-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi ladies,
I'm happy to join you here! I'm not as far along as you all, but will get there!
hope you're doing well.
Sarah

SharonWA
05-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Went in for my 20 week ultrasound today, It's a Girl!!!

Baby looked great, she was moving around a bit for the ultrasound and seemed determined to hide her head in my pelvic region, but they got all the shots they needed, and we got to see our sweet little girl moving around. I was so excited I had to go out and buy her a little dress right away :o

The reaction from my family was pretty happy, most everyone was hoping for a girl, even though this is the first grandchild. I think my mother-in-law was even more excited than me, she was screaming in joy when we told her, she had two boys and says when DH came out a boy she told them to check again, he was suppose to be her girl. She is already talking about redecorating her guest room pink :o My sister sounded a bit jealous, she is having a child 2 months after me, and she thinks she'll have a boy since I am having a girl, but she is still excited for us.

I am sure I am just the first of many finding out the baby's gender this month, good luck to everyone I hope you get lucky!

tigergal
05-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Welcome, sara!

Congrats on the baby girl, sharon!

Hi to everyone else!

cristina32
05-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Congrats Sharon, it is very exciting when you go and buy stuff for the baby:)
I did not post in a long time. I've been very busy and I should say a little bit nervous. I had my 2nd trimester blood screening for Downs. I tested positive on the first semester screening. Now I tested negative. I am so relieved. I refused the amnio hoping that everything will be fine. They told me that now I will have the same probability as a woman under 35 to have a baby with Downs , so it is looking way better than the 1 in 88 I got before.
I scheduled my 2nd level u/s - the anatomy scan on May 19th- I will be almost 20 weeks then. I am nervous . I want to see that the baby is healthy. I will be happy with either a boy or a girl.
I wish everybody a great week and a healthy pregnancy.

msmarylance
05-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Christina - Congrats!!! I know how worried you were about the Downs screening. Good to know things came out o.k.

Sara - Welcome!!!

Sharon - Congrats on the baby girl!!! SO exciting to find out the gender, I'm sure!!

As for me, I have my anatomy scan next week, on Tuesday. I'm really hoping to see that both babies are healthy and moving around well. I'm also REALLY hoping to find out the genders!
DH really wants one of each, and I'm o.k. with any combination as long as they are healthy!

Hope everyone else is doing great!

cristina32
05-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Mary- good luck next week. I wanted to schedule my anatomy scan earlier but we have state testing and my DH could not take a day of. I want him to come with me. I feel the same way: I want a healthy baby - boy or girl . it doesn't matter.

msmarylance
05-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Christina - I totally understand the state testing thing... my 5th graders actually have their tests next week as well, however becuase of scheduling with my High Risk Dr. and the fact that our state changed the dates, I ended up with an appointment on day two of testing, and DH can't take off either. He works in finance and has a REALLY hard time getting days if anyone else is out in his office.

I'm going to take my MIL with me (she is WONDERFUL) and then I'm going to try to figure out a creative way to tell DH when he gets home (hopefully we'll know both sexes). Especially since I didn't get to surprise him with our positive preggy results or anything else! ;-)

berta
05-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Hi all,

I haven't been on in awhile, my computer at home is junk and i just finally got a new one :)

Glad to see all of you here on the 2nd tri boards & see that things are well. I had my 20wk ultrasound and appt last week and everything is going well. The little person inside me is growing as it should & and we're really excited. Ive been feeling it move around a little, its pretty awesome.

Ive been having groin and pelvic pain. My doc says this is to be expected and not to worry, but of course i cant help it. It comes and goes, mostly hurts when i get up from sitting or if i change positions too quickly.

Hope you all have a great weekend & happy mothers day !

ead61901
05-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Thought I'd come over and join the second tri party!! Woo hoo!! Hope everyone has a happy moms-to-be day on Sun!!

drox
05-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi everyone, I've been off the boards awhile but it's nice to see everyone doing so well. happy mothers day to all the soon-to-be mamas!

Berta--I've been having the ligament and pelvic pain for several weeks now, too. It really sucks, but I don't think it's dangerous. I've found I can only walk about 20 minutes at a time, and then the pain gets sort of unbearable. If you google "round ligament pain" online, there are some exercise that are supposed to help. Also, I think it goes away after awhile for some people (though it hasn't for me). hope you feel better soon.

shykat55
05-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I have to go May 20th for another ultrasound (because I am measuring big) and now I find out that my hubby cannot go with me (because of work) and my mom is out of the country. UHHHG I guess I will have to find SOMEONE to go with me. Maybe my husband's sister.

tigergal
05-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Shykat - I hope all goes well with your ultrasound on the 20th.

Hi drox and berta!

Welcome to second tri, ead!

Mary - how did your anatomy scan go?

Cristina - the 19th will be here before you know it!

Hi to everyone else!

My next appt is on Monday, the 11th. I"m going to get the anatomy scan, as well. I have a rash in between my breasts that itches so bad! I can't wait to ask my dr about it. Anyone getting braxton-hicks contractions yet. I've started getting them about two weeks ago. I don't remember having them with my oldest.

Happy mother's day!

msmarylance
05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Tiger- Thanks for the thoughts, but my scan isn't until Tuesday. So hopefully, I will have more news then.
As for the rash in between your breasts.... I think I have the same thing!!!! It isn't really itchy yet, but it is definitely dry skin and it is all blotchy!!!! I'm going to be asking about it on Tuesday as well.

I told my MIL today that she would be able to see the U/S with me on Tuesday and she was SO thrilled!!!! These babies are the first grandchildren on both sides, so needless to say, she is so excited to be able to see them move around on the screen!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all.... "Mommies to be!!!"

BeccaRaelyn
05-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Hey girls! Congrats Elizabeth on making the 2nd trimester milestone! It is definately the easy breathing tri!

Mary good luck with the scan! how awesome to have company! I am going to have a room full myself.

As for me... my ultrasound is now scheduled for wednesday! We will hopefully be able to find out what the little wiggle worm is. My mom and my two sisters will be joining Jeff and I for the ultrasound. My mom is so excited she cant wait.
Lately the baby is hanging out on the right side even more and STRETCHING to the point of it actually hurting... doesnt matter what I do the baby wont move. Jeff can get the baby to move to the other side though although he cant feel the baby move yet still. Soon enough though!

SharonWA
05-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Becca- Good luck on your scan, finding out the sex is so exciting! I hope you get what you are hoping for, if you have a preference. My little girl seems to like to hang out on my right side, digging herself into my pelvic region, causing alot of pain in my hip. I use gravity to help dislodge her though, seems to work. My husband has felt her kick a few times, but the problem is it is so random it is hard for him to time it right, but I am sure your husband will feel your baby soon.

Tiger & Mary- I have that rash between my breasts too, but it doesn't itch, the one that itches like crazy is the rash on my belly. I assumed between the boobs was just pimples.

tigergal
05-11-2009, 11:02 PM
I saw my dr today and finally had the full anatomy scan. Everything went well. Our little ladybug looked great and kicked the ultrasound wand several times. I am so thankful! I asked about the rash between my breasts and he prescribed me a cream. I can't remember what the condition is called but he said its normal. Also, I've been having a lot of numbness and tingling especially in my left arm. My left arms goes entirely numb while I am driving. I guess it's all par for the course.

mary and becca - I can't wait to hear about your ultrasounds!

Hope everyone is doing well! Grow, babies, grow!

Laurend0517
05-12-2009, 10:00 AM
tiger- I get numbness in my arms to all of a sudden. Did he say there was any reason for this?

Becca-good luck at your ultrasound!

rkingall
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM
hi ladies,

hope your mother's day was great. we had a nice time out to dinner with my mom, MIL, godmother and grandmom.

the weekend overall was not so great. my oldest and closest friend died suddenly on friday night and i found out on saturday morning. additionally, i found out today that i have a UTI, so i have to start taking antibiotics. i have zero symptoms, which scares me. and i failed my 1 hour GTT on friday. overall suckiness, right? so, this thursday morning, i have to go to the hospital for the 3 hour GTT and then go to my friends pat's funeral. what a great day. :(

the very bright side is that the doc listened to the baby's HB on friday and it's very loud and strong! and she ordered 2 more ulatrsounds to check the weight and development. those are on 5/22 and 6/19. i am picking up the paint tonight to start on the nursery. since i wanted light green and DH wants pink, we decided to do one color on the bottom of the wall border and one on the top. finally, a compromise!

sorry to hear about the arm numbness and rashes! i hope it's nothing serious. good luck to all those going in for ultrasounds. seeing the baby and finding out the sex is so cool.

talk later,
renee

ps - i can't believe that i'm almost in the 3rd tri! this is like a dream, to be honest. :)

msmarylance
05-13-2009, 05:49 AM
Renee - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
However, congrats on moving over to the 3rd tri boards soon! I'm sure it will go so quickly and you'll be able to see your little girl soon!!!

Well, we had our anatomy scan yesterday... We're having a BOY and a GIRL!!!!! We are so excited that it is one of each!!! Especially after going to IVF to concieve!

I'm learning both babies are very stubborn! They don't like to cooperate with the u/s technicians. Everything looked "normal" (was all my High Risk Dr. would say), which is a relief to us, since we had the higher risk for DOWNS with the nuchal test. Dr. doesn't see any soft markers for it though, so that puts my mind a little more at ease!

I'm sorry I don't have time for personals, I'm running off to work soon, but good luck to all of you that are having scans soon!!! And congrats to those that went well!

katiejill
05-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Congrats MsMary! That is so exciting

BeccaRaelyn
05-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Well we had our big ultrasound today and ITS A BOY!!! I am so excited. Ill write more later

cristina32
05-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Renee- I am sorry for your sucky weekend. There is nothing you can do , but deal with all of them:( For GD, I believe that the diet will make a world of difference. Are you taking metformin? I am taking now 1500mg a day and I test my blood sugar 4 times a day. I do not have GD, but because of my history of insulin resistance , I decided that I have to do that to make myself eat right and keep the blood sugar in check. I still eat chocolate and sweets , but in smaller amounts.
Marry- I am very excited for you. I believe you and DH are thrilled. A boy and a girl, this is amazing.
Becca- congrats! It is amazing isn't it? You get to see the baby ....
I still have to wait till Tuesday- I do not have a preference for a boy or a girl, I just want a healthy baby.
Saturday night I dreamt that I got my period with clots and all. that was scarry. Anyway, I saw my dr. on Monday and I heard the heart beat. That is so reassuring.
Are you guys ever nervous about the pregnancy?
Have a good day everybody

tigergal
05-13-2009, 09:27 PM
mary - congrats on a boy and girl! How cool!

becca - congrats on a boy! Boys are so fun!

Can't wait to hear more!

Laurend0517
05-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Well ladies I went to the dr yesterday and everything looks good. I only gained 3 lbs this month which is WAY better than the 7 last month!! lol. So far I am up 13 lbs which isn't to bad for being 26 weeks!! The heartbeat was 140 and the dr said everything looked good. We went over the level 2 ultrasound and the dr said there were no markers for trisomy 18 which was GREAT news! He wrote me a script for my diabetes test which I have to take in the next 10 days! I'm nervous!!

How are you all doing?!?!

sunchic711
05-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi Ladies!!! Happy Thursday!

I am back home from my trip to Italy and thought i would pop in and see how you all are doing! I am happy to be home, as i missed DH and all the other cushy conveniences that home has to offer!!

The trip was amazing! But i could tell that i was out of shape and easily worn out! I didn't know my feet could hurt that bad!! lol! We spent 4 nights in Rome, then a couple days in Florence and then to Positano which is a southern coastal town. It was all so beautiful and i learned (and ate!) so much!

We had an u/s yesterday to get the pics they couldn't get the first time and they definitely confirmed that he is a boy (which, btw, i have grown more to accept and love!) and we got a great profile shot!
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m15/sunchic711/May13ultrasound-Profilepic.jpg

I hope all is going well for everyone! I'll have to take some time to go back and get the update on everyone!

BeccaRaelyn
05-14-2009, 02:34 PM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs034.snc1/4320_1082944951683_1168132499_30220025_1293026_n.j pg

Well I had a very fun day yesterday. Both of my younger sisters joined us for the ultrasound which was amazing. The place that my doctor sent me to has a projector and a big screen so the whole family can watch and see exactly what is going on. Our little boy was so active during the whole thing they had a hard time getting some of the measurements but that was ok it just meant more time to see my baby. He definately has my shape of head (which is a dominant family trait on my side and every baby that even has a little bit of our family genes ends up with the round head) which is fine with me because it makes for beautiful babies lol. He has Jeff's nose, which jeff said we couldnt tell that just yet and I told him " I am Italian... if he had my nose we would KNOW" lol. Jeff is very proud of himself because he is getting his little boy, and my mom is extatic that she gets a grandson. I admit I was a little disappointed in not getting a girl, but I told Jeff that I am ok because I know that there is always next time. Tonight we are going to start our baby registry! Here comes the froggy stuff!

Sunchic, Welcome back! Glad you had a good vacation. Your baby boy is going to be sooo adorable. I am glad you are feeling better about having a boy. I definately understand your feelings much more now.

Lauren congrats on the good weight gain and good luck on the glucose test! They are such a pain but so worth it if it means a healthier baby.

Christina good luck on your ultrasound today! Hope to hear what you are having soon!

Msmary congrats on the boy and the girl!!! I always wanted a set of boy girl twins. I thought it would be amazing to have such a balanced family.

Renee my heart goes out to you. I know that it can be really hard to lose a friend. One of my oldest and closest friends is battling a very serious illness along with a strong addiction to painkillers. I know that I wont have much more time with her and it hurts because she is so young. I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose someone so suddenly and without explaination.

Tiger glad your little girl is doing well! How cute that you call her your ladybug. I started callin mine the little booger before I even knew he was a boy lol just because he likes to stretch and kick all night and doesnt let me sleep lol. My mom always got numb arms when she was pregnant, her doctor told her it was carpal tunnel getting exacerbated by the pregnancy hormones.

Ok hope I got everyone! Good luck to those who have testing upcoming!

Danyel
05-14-2009, 03:59 PM
awe sunchic, your baby is beautiful!

Danyel
05-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Well, we sure are quiet over here!
How have you ladies been?
I have been pretty good, My hubby felt the baby move the other morning! She woke me up, and I was a little grumpy lol. He just smiled when he felt it. She really has been moving alot lately, and kinda quiets down, when I try to go to sleep. I am headed to my high risk doctor again on the 20th, to confirm the sex. Also, to make sure the baby is growing on target and everything. I am feeling great, and my weight gain has slowed down alot! I think i have a bug or something, because since last night *TMI* I have been throwing up and having alot of Diarrhea and nausea. I told my hubby, if it is still like this tomarrow, I am going to call my doctor, I have been only able to hold down water, tomato soup, and crackers, anything else, and I throw up :-(
Well, we were supposed to sign on our house tomarrow, but the mortgage company is giving us problems, so we are having to go to another mortgage company, and hoping we get approved, my husband makes great money, and we were approved for more than what are house was, but seeing that I worked last year, and we wrote off 13,000, they said he didn't make enough by himself, yet he recieved a hefty pay raise late last year. I really wish we would have gotten into this house before I got prego, because now I am under alot of stress, and hopeing that things work out.

msmarylance
05-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Quick Question Ladies...

Has anyone started buying stuff yet? I did start a registry this weekend, after we found out the genders of the babies, but when should I start actually getting everything together????

I keep thinking that the longer I wait, the less I'll actually be able to do by myself, especially because of carrying twins, I get very achy very quick.

What, if anything, have you ladies started getting yet?

Danyel
05-17-2009, 06:43 PM
When we reconfirm the sex on the 20th, My husband and I will start getting things together, seeing that we don't have much longer left, Its going by to quick.

Laurend0517
05-19-2009, 05:37 PM
sunchic- glad you had fun on your trip!! I could use one of those!! lol. Your baby looks awesome!!

Becca-your baby looks so good for 22 weeks! I wish my pictures came out that clear!! How did the registering go?

danyel- I hope you feel better! And good luck with the house! Hopefully everything works out in your favor!

msmary-I am 27 weeks and have NOTHING!! I found a crib that I like but its on backorder =( We looked around for the bassinet, pack n play, ect that we want but we arent going to purchase anything until after our shower which is July 12th. I will be almost 35 weeks by then!! =0 I hope I have enough time to get everything ready!!

As for me.......I went and took my glucose tolerance test on Saturday. It wasnt to bad! I got the lemon lime flavored one and it tasted like 7 up. Kinda thick but it wasnt to bad. I had 5 minutes to drink it and then had to sit for an hour. The baby went nuts!! I dont think she has ever kicked me so much! I swear the next day I was sore!! lol. I did get kinda tired after the test but like I said....it could have been alot worse. So dont be nervous ladies!! Hopefully I will get my results sometime tomorrow? Wish me luck on passing!!

cristina32
05-19-2009, 08:50 PM
I had my anatomy scan today ( 2nd level u/s) and everything looked fine. They ,measured everything, the heart, kidney, arteries , legs, arms etc. It was very thourough and we also found that we havea girl. I am very excited that the baby is healthy.

SharonWA
05-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Cristina- congrats on the girl!

sunchic- welcome back, your little boy is looking good

ms mary- I have already gotten a number of things, crib, changing table, crib set, glider, stroller and carseat... some people wait till the last minute but I am too excited, I will be ready for this baby at least a month or two before she is due. Just take into account what you expect to get from family and at your shower. for me I assume it will mostly be clothes and diapers, so I have only bought a few outfits, when i found out i was having a girl of course. Really you still have plenty of time to do the buying, so make sure you take your time when deciding what to buy, you may see something you like much better a few days later!

Laurend0517
05-20-2009, 05:55 PM
well the ladies the results are in.....NO GESTATIONAL DIABETES!!! YAY!!! =)

tigergal
05-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi ladies! I hope you are all doing well.

Lauren - good job on your GD test.

cristina - so glad that your baby girl is healthy!

mary - we have just about everything we need for baby. We only need diapers, bottles, and clothes. My mom is throwing me a shower on June 6 and I hope to get those things then. We were so excited that we couldn't wait. Plus, we came across great deals at Babies R Us on the furniture that we knew we had to get it. The room is painted and the furniture is put together. We just have to hang some pictures and finish decorating and we're done!

becca and sunchic - I love the profile pics! Your babies are gorgeous!

becca - little booger is too cute!

As for me, I have two more days of school left! Needless to say, I am so ready! I can't wait to get off my feet. I'm doing well. My ladybug is super active. I don't remember my son begin this active when I was pregnant with him. Whenever my son talks to my belly or puts his hand on it, the baby kicks at the EXACT spot, no matter where his hand is. I love it! He is so excited and I'm so happy that I could give him this gift. He's 6 years old and tired of being by himself!

I'm still having numbness in my arms (it probably is hormones and swelling that is aggravating the carpal tunnel). I have a arm splint that I used (I had carpal tunnel with my son) before and it seems to work.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Grow, babies, grow!

Danyel
05-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Hey ladies! Hope all is well! Well, as for me, I went to my high risk doctor today, and the baby is right on target, and my blood pressure doesn't seem to be affecting the baby. We did confirm that it is a little girl! I am excited, and my husband is scared! lol. Today was our 1 yr anniversary! So, we celebrated that, the babys good health, and of course at the end of the day, I herd from our mortgage broker *and we will be signing on our house either tomarrow or Friday! I am soooo Happy!

Well, I registered at BRU today, and I guess they didn't put my registery in, so I had to do it all again online tonight, Im sleepy.

Hope you ladies are doing great.

serendipity
05-22-2009, 07:55 AM
*beep* *beep*
Sorry to just bust in here like this, but I am now in the second trimester!!! I am sooo excited!!

My name is Shanna, and we have a little girl, Emily, who will be almost 3 when this baby is born. We have an u/s on June 25th, and we will be finding out the gender. I am high-risk because of some large cysts growing on both of my ovaaries. They are currently around the size of a softball. I had a large cyst with DD too, and it was cantelopue (sp?) sizes when we delivered her. I am just hoping and praying to get this baby to term.

OK, thats enough for an intro for now, I an happy to be over here now and look forward to the next few months over here.

Laurend0517
05-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Welcome Shanna!! The second trimester is so exciting!! So much going on!! lol. OMG I cant believe I'm almost in my 3rd!! Where did the time go?!?!?!?

Laurend0517
05-26-2009, 11:10 AM
well ladies....today I am officially 28 weeks!!! (my ticker is off by a day for some reason??)

I'm off to the third trimester boards!!! Hope to see you all there soon!!!

Good luck and enjoy your second trimester!! It goes by REALLY REALLY fast!!

BeccaRaelyn
05-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the middle of your pregnancies. AFM I am doing ok. Just hanging out and getting bigger! Still not gaining which my doctor is not overly concerned about but she does want me to eat more throughout the day (as if it were possible). I started to notice some swelling in my right hand which is supposedly normal, but we will see at the next appointment. I go in for my gtt in about a week so wish me luck.

sunchic711
05-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Happy Wednesday Second Tri Ladies!

I hope everyone had a great Holiday weekend! Mine was good and bad - i got to spend some time with DH, his family and a good friend of mine - but by Sunday night - TMI - i was in pain and suffering from diahhrea :( We were supposed to be going on a family vacation with DH's family to a place that's about 45 from home, and i decided that i could manage through the pain - but it pretty much sucked. I continued to have the worst abdominal cramping and diahhrea on Monday and Tuesday, and today it is better, but not all the way. Being pregnant is great - but all this sickness is driving me crazy! I am not used to this at all!

I'm supposed to have my GTT on Friday, but i don't know if that's going to happen, esp with the way i feel - i can't imagine doing that right now!

Shanna - Welcome to the 2nd tri!! I hope your cysts do not give you as much trouble as they did with your last little one!

Danyel - Hope things went well with the house!

Tiger - I bet you are so happy that school is out for the summer!! I know all my teacher friends love this time of year too!! I love the story about your little boy touching your belly and his sister gives him a good kick or punch!! They're already connecting!! so sweet!

Hope everyone else is doing well - it's been kinda slow around here - but it's a busy time of year and i'm sure we're all busy getting ready for baby, too!! Have a great rest of the week!

tigergal
05-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm officially 28 weeks today! Yay! I'm moving over to the 3rd tri boards. I will see everyone there very soon!

Grow, babies, grow!

sunchic711
06-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Headed over to 3rd also!! Good luck 2nd tri girls!!