PDA

View Full Version : April *Second Trimester* (13 weeks - 27 weeks)

tigergal
04-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Happy April ladies! Grow babies, grow!

SharonWA
04-01-2009, 11:05 PM
I can't decide if I want to make the big announcement now or wait til my 20 ultrasound. I know I just saw my baby a week ago, but my paranoia is still here, I am kinda in between big symptoms and obvious movement, and after having a missed miscarriage I worry that something will happen to my baby and I wont even know.I know I shouldn't be worried, but I can't really help it, I am keeping it at a low level though.

Most everyone already knows I am pregnant, so I would really just be telling some relatives and friends I am not close with, seems almost not important. At 20 weeks I should know the sex too I hope, so that makes the announcement even bigger.

sunchic711
04-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Sharon - it would be so hard for me to not want to tell! But i can see why you might be reserved in wanting to share the news before you are ready! I personally am not one for lots of attention, but, i have to say that when it comes to being pregnant and baby, i am embracing it more (maybe b/c it's not just about me, but a baby & dh, also)! I remember how uncomfortable i felt at my wedding showers, so i have decided to totally soak up baby showers and all the gifting ;) So, i say do what feels right and enjoy soaking up the love and excitement from others, whenever you may decide to reveal to the rest of your world!

Happy Thursday to everyone else! One more week till our 20 week ultrasound!!! agh! i can hardly wait!!!

tigergal
04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Sharon, I completely understand you wanting to wait. After you have a loss, the innocence of pregnancy is gone and you know how things can change in an instant. I was like that at first with this pregnancy, but I started showing early so everyone knew something was up. I told immediate family and friends first, though. I'm a teacher and my students could tell right away. It's a a personal decision. It would be so fun to announce your pregnancy and the sex at the same time. How fun!

sunchic - I'm the same way in regards to attention on myself. Like you, I'm soaking in ALL the compliments, help, and extra attention. After what we've been through, this baby is truly a gift from God and it means so much to dh and my son. I'm loving it!

I have to wait until April 13 for my big ultrasound. Waiting is torture!

honey19
04-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Sharon, You will know when it is right. Just remember that it is scary to let the cat out of the bag when there is always that "possibility" that something could happen. We were terrified to tell people after the doc gave me a 50-50 chance of loosing the baby in the first three months. We only told our moms before then and after 13 weeks we told everyone else. It is a personal decision. Just make sure it feels right for you.

Sunchic and tiger, I am the same way too. I am not one to be in the spotlight or getting all of the attention, but at my shower I tried to just absorb it all and remember that I wouldn't get to do this again.

Nothing new is really going on here, besides that we had our first birthing class last night and we both really liked it. It was super informative. We have to go every Thursday until the end of April. I am a little bummed we have to take the class so early (they only offer it 4 times a year here and the next one I would only make it to the first class if the baby comes on time). Besides that I feel like all of a sudden I am gaining weight really fast. I am up to 18 pounds now so I have gained 10 pounds in the last month or so. It is so hard to watch those numbers go up! Even though I know it is important for the baby....it is still hard! I am not eating excessively or anything and I am walking at least 3-4 times a week so I don't get it!

anyways,
Happy April everyone!

cristina32
04-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi guys, I finally graduated from the first trimester - just want to introduce myself.

BeccaRaelyn
04-03-2009, 10:11 PM
grrrr I was supposed to have my second ultrasound today but my doctor was running out of time i guess and wanted me to have a formal ultrasound with the better machinery anyway so i didnt get to find out what my little one is. I did get a script for zofram to help the morning sickness and we got to hear our little ones heartbeat. the soonest ultrasound they would schedule for me was may 8th so I am just gonna break down and have a 3d done in the next couple weeks. I am sooo impatient and I just have to know if I am in for pink or blue!

cristina32
04-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Becca, do you happen to know how far along you should be to have a 3d done? Is it covered by the insurance ? Thanks

BeccaRaelyn
04-04-2009, 12:55 AM
3d is not covered by insurance and they recommend you to be 17 weeks at the very least when you have it done. Where I live there are several places that do them and they are pretty inexpensive. Just gender can range anywhere from 50-75 depending on what you get with it (pictures/cds of the ultrasound) and for about 100 you can have a 10 minute session watching your baby move around and get it on dvd.

SharonWA
04-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Becca, you are kinda in the same boat as me, I wanted to know so bad, but the doctor's equipment was not good enough, so I have to wait till may 4th. I hate waiting, but a 3d ultrasound would cost close to 200 dollars and I would have to drive all the way to Seattle, which is almost 2 hours for me.

Honey, I think I am gaining too fast myself, I have gained 8lbs in 6 weeks, not too bad, I was able to slow it down a little when I realized i was gaining quick.

Cristina- congrats on making it to the second trimester.

Sunchic & Tiger, good luck on your ultrasounds!

msmarylance
04-05-2009, 07:18 AM
I just wanted to start off by saying hello to everyone! I'm just joining the 2nd trimester boards. I hope all is well with everyone!

shykat55
04-05-2009, 09:26 AM
They do the 3d/4d ultrasounds at my dr's office. It costs $150 and you get a 30-45 min ultrasound with dvd with the pics on it and some still shots. You also get a really cute frame. They suggest you have the 3d/4d ultrasound done at 28-32 weeks. My dr said before that the baby doesn't have as much fat and at 28 weeks the baby looks more "babish" and more like it will look at birth. After 32 weeks the baby is getting so big that it is harder to see the facial features. Anyways that is what I was told this past visit with my dr. I go back this coming Thursday for my monthly visit lol (oh yeah there is a place here in my town that does free ultrasounds and I am having one done Tuesday bc we didn't get to find out the baby's sex at my 20 week ultrasound)

honey19
04-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Just wanted to say hi to all the 2nd tri newbies!

tryin'4#1
04-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi girls! I have been MIA on the boards for a while- sorry....the week before spring break with the students is always too crazy, and then my DH and I decided to go to California for a few days- our last 'non baby' trip! We lucked out and got a convertible when we rented our car for the same price as a mid sized car. It was fun- but I love being home too!! Back to work tomorrow.

I am with you girls and being impatient about finding out what our little ones are. I have resisted the temtation to get a 3D ultrasound- they even had a place 5 minutes from my aunt and uncle's house where we were staying in CA. I will have an ultrasound at the beginning of May sometime. I hope that all your little ones cooperate when you get your ultrasounds! I know mine wouldn't cooperate,and it is frustrating. I just have a feeling it is a boy though.

honey- If you are eating well and it sounds like you are, don't worry about the weight gain. You are tiny, I am a big girl, but my OB said don't stress about what you gain but more about what is going in your body. So many times it is just water weight and fluid from the baby. Also- love your bump picture on the bump thread!

mrsmary- Glad to see you here!

All of you ladies having showers and registering- any things you know for sure you are registering for? My DH and I registered the other day- whew, so overwhelming! I don't even know what I will need, and there are so many 'big ticket' expensive items! Just wondering what you ladies thought!

honey19
04-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks tryin and welcome back! We all missed you for awhile. Nice job resisting temptation! It is so hard! DH and I aren't finding out the sex but I almost asked the U/S tech what we are having without even thinking. It is really hard not to know! I had a feeling up until about 22 weeks that it was a boy and now I have shifted to girl. I can't make up my mind! Oh well, we will just have to wait and see!

How is everyone feeling? I just started to have small bouts of nausea during the day again, but nothing like 1st tri.

We have our GD test today and I am a little nervous for it. It seems like during the pregnancy I have been finding out all kinds of strange things about my health. I hope this isn't one!

Anyways, have a great day ladies!

rkingall
04-06-2009, 02:05 PM
hi ladies!

here it is a full week past when i said i would catch up with you all, and i'm still not caught up! work is just so stressful for me now. my boss is ignoring me (super weird, i know) and i have a zillion things pending with her. i'm splitting my time between 2 offices (1 in NJ and 1 in PA) and the back-and-forth is nuts.

plus, my best friend is like a fiend hounding me to register (i know she's planning the shower, but come on...). my DH seems more concerned with the landscaping we're doing this year than going to look for baby furniture, and i'm worried about timing. ah, well, this stuff happnes, i guess.

so far, all is well with the pregnancy. i'm staring to finally feel something in there! i know she's there, since we've seen her and i heard her heartbeat at the docs office last week, but i was starting to get freaked out since i'm now almost 22 weeks and wasn't feeling anything. also, i literally popped overnight. i bought maternity clothes a couple of weeks ago, but could still wear my regular clothes. as of friday, last week, no more regualr pants for me. that was another things that was freaking me out. some people claim they start showing early in the 1st tri, and here i am more than half way through the 2nd and i'm just now showing! well, glad it happended, anyway.

oh, there is one thing that has me worried. at night when i lay down to go to sleep, i wheeze. not terribly or enough to constitute asthma, so i told the doctor. she thinks i could be allergic to something in my house. well, i have a cleaning lady who comes in every other week, but it does get dusty in between. the doc recommended i have the carpets and upholstery professionally cleaned (already scheduled), and i've decided to take down curtains and shades and clean them as well, as they do collect dust. i'm just really worried that it's the dogs. meanwhile, i never had this wheezing prior to the pregnancy. the doc wrote me a Rx for an inhaler, but i haven't filled it yet. i'm tryring to resolve this without more meds. anyone else develop allergies with pregnancy?

also, hello and welcome to the newbies!

-renee

Laurend0517
04-07-2009, 09:51 AM
welcome newbies!! Its so nice to see so many prego's!!

honey19
04-07-2009, 02:05 PM
So my GD test came back normal (YAY) so I am very excited. I was really nervous about it.

renee, I hope things slow down for you and that your boss stops ignoring you (that is really weird! and unprofessional) I have allergies without being pregnant and they are just worse now. I would just try to keep up on vacuuming and cleaning. Maybe get an air purifier and that will help (or maybe all you need is a humidifier?) Only suggestions. I felt like I popped overnight too so I feel you on that one, and now I just feel like I am growing so quickly!

It seems like it has slowed down over here. Where is everyone?

tigergal
04-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Welcome to 2nd tri, cristina and mary!

Honey - glad your GD test came back normal!

Ringkall - I already have really bad allergies and I have to take 2 shots once a week. I've never had problems with wheezing. I'm glad your doctor gave you and inhaler. Being pg changes everything. Maybe the wheezing will stop after you deliver.

Trying - We are probably going to register after our ultrasound on the 13th. You're right, it's very overwhelming! With our first son, we registered for just about everything because we didn't know what we needed. With this baby, we'll probably register for bottles, clothes, and things like that. We went ahead and bought the bedding, crib, dresser, high chair, bassinet, and swing. Babies R Us had a sale and we had the money, so we went for it!

Shykat - I was wondering about a 3d/4d ultrasound but I don't think my insurance covers it either. I'll settle for a 2d.

Hi Lauren and Sunchic and everyone else!

As for me, I'm just counting down the days until our big ultrasound on the 13th. The baby's movements are more constant now. How amazing! My dh was reading to the baby and I could tell the baby loved it!

My dr ordered me to get my thyroid checked out and it came back abnormal. I had to get more tests done. I'm hoping to find out the results next week. I hope everything is normal. My mom has thyroid disease, so my dr wanted to check it out.

Have a great evening! Grow, babies, grow!

honey19
04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
tiger, i found out when I first got prego that i have hypothyroidism (i think thats the one...I have the one where my thyroid doesn't produce enough of whatever) It isn't a big deal. I just take pills every morning to regulate it. Hopefully you have something like me where it is an easy fix. How fun that you got the baby furniture and got to register again! I hated registering because I was so overwhelmed, but I just asked other moms what they needed and thats how I decided what to register for.

msmarylance
04-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the welcoming comments girls.

If you don't mind, could any of you give advice about having an amnio done? I've posted the whole story on another thread, but basically I was given an abnormal reading for the 1st trimester combined screening (nuchal u/s and bw) which gave me a 1:120 chance of baby or babies having Downs.
Although there is a higher risk of a screening coming back with a "false" positive with twins, they still want me to have a second round of testing to make sure babies don't have any chromosomal defects.

I was referred to a high rist dr. (which I'd have to see soon anyway) and he has suggest an amnio for me at just about 15 weeks (4/17).

Has anyone had any experience with this? Known someone who has? I'm so worried at this point! I just pray both babies are healthy!!!

Danyel
04-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Hey ladies, just wanted to pop in while I had a little bit of time. I had a checkup yesterday, and my bp is still high :-( 138/84. So I am being sent off to a high risk doctor on the 22nd to make sure the baby is growing correctly, and all of babys organs are okay. I will also be able to find out the babys sex. But, I will also be scheduled for monthly ultrasounds, just to watch the progress. Which I am happy about, I love seeing the baby. My doctor did an unoffical ultrasound for me yesterday, because my mom *from MS* and my husband *he works offshore* were there. So I got to see my baby, the baby was laying on its tummy, with it's hands next to it's face *just like I sleep* and its lil feet crossed. It was so angelic! i started crying. I am a little worried about my blood pressure, but my doctor said they might put me on bp medications. More pills to take YUCK! lol But whatever I need will be done for my baby:-) . Meanwhile MIL and my mom are dying to find out the sex to start planning the baby shower. Because our house will be finished in the coming month, and I need to start getting the baby room together, and the house together, for that fact. I can't believe that there isn't much longer till my little one is here.

cristina32
04-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Mary- Have you heard of the Sequenone Prenatal Genetic TEsting? I read a few articles about them, it is basically atest (bw) that screens for Downs and during thier clinical trials they had no false positives or false negatives. The test is called Sequre Dx and is totally uninvasie. I Was looking last night for an alternative since my odds for downs are now 1 :88. I have to do some more research. I think that the test will be on the market in June, but maybe we can find if they still conduct clinical trials...

Laurend0517
04-08-2009, 11:46 AM
mary- my risks for downs are ok but my risks for trisomy 18 are not. My odds were originally 1 in 2,000. after the 1st part of the NT scan (ultrasound and bloodwork) my odds went up to 1 in 1,000. WE had the second part of the scan done in the 2nd trimester (which was just bloodwork) and again my odds went up to 1 in 500. Still very good odds but I dont gets why they were originally 1 in 2,000 and now 1 in 500!! I am 23 and this is my first pregnancy. WE tried to get the level 2 ultrasound done at 18 weeks and we couldnt see much of anything (I think my amniotic fluids are low) so we have to go back at 22 weeks (on the 17th) and they are going to look for markers (any signs on the baby of chromosonal abnormalities)

My DH's sister has down syndrome so we decided to get testing done. We love her to death and said no matter what we would not do invasive testing because we dont want to risk miscarriage (especially if my fluids are low)

Either decision you make, I wish you luck! Everything will be ok You just have to stay postivie! =)

sunchic711
04-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Hello Mommas! and Happy Wednesday!!

Honey - SO happy to hear your GD test came back great! Sorry to hear that the nausea is coming back a bit, i hope it goes away for you soon...i am ready to stop being sick also!

Renee - I hope you get the wheezing thing figured out - i can imagine how hard it must be to get to sleep and get a good night's rest! But hooray for feeling that baby move around and poppin' out! I have not bought any maternity clothes and hoping that i can stick out wearing a size or two larger for a while still!

Tiger - I bet you are super excited for Monday!! I know i can hardly wait for mine! I hope that everything turns out ok with your Thyroid, though. Isn't it crazy what a baby will do to your whole body?! I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Tryin' - I can't believe you didn't just pop into that ultrasound place and have one done!! It would have been very hard for me to resist - but good for you for staying strong! ;) I am excited to register, and i haven't really talked to DH about it, but a friend of mine who has had 2 LOs in the last year asked if i would like to come to Kansas City and go to the bigger Targets, Babies R Us, etc which i thought would be nice b/c she would know what we would and wouldn't need! I also really like the site etsy.com where just about everything is homemade and wish there was a way to register for things on there. I just love unique things and that's a great place to get them!

msmary - i don't have any advice to give as i opted to not do any additional testing, but i hope that things go well for you and whatever road you choose to go down that it all turns out well.

Danyel - sorry to hear that you are being moved to high risk with your bp being high. It will be great for you to get to see your little one growing every month, though, through the ultrasounds! Congrats on the new house!

As for me...I am SOOOOO Excited for tomorrow! I have my ultrasound and we are going to be finding out what we are having! I have been trying to not really focus on it, so that way it seems like the days go by just as usual (and not slow)!! But i am very anxious...i would really love to have a girl (as would most of our family b/c there are only boy grandchildren) and i think i have just about convinced myself that it is a girl, i will be excited no matter what, but i won't lie and say that i may be a little disappointed if it's not - and that's the part that makes me anxious...

So i also have a dilema that i'm not sure about...i really want to birth our baby naturally, peacefully, etc and now after reading some books, i'm not sure if i have asked my ob the right questions to know if that can be achieved with her and in the hospital setting i have thus far chosen. There is a Birthing Center that is a 1/2 hour away and their site describes just how i imagine giving birth. I know that $ shouldn't be an issue, but right now our insurance is covering everything 100%, and i don't know if it would for a birthing center. I am planning on touring both places (and talking more with my dr. who i just found out is going to be out for 3 weeks!) and seeing what i want to do, but it is weighing heavily on my mind...i know that if i want to switch i should prob do so soon, since i am already 20.5 weeks. Is anyone here using a birthing center instead of a hospital?

Bethshine
04-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Sunchic- I just saw your question about natural childbirth/birthing centers, so I bumped the Natural Childbirth Connection thread. :) I wish we had a birthing center close by! That would be a great option!

Laurend0517
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM
happy easter everyone!! =)

honey19
04-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Happy Easter Ladies! Hope all of you and your babies are doing wonderfully!

BeccaRaelyn
04-12-2009, 01:57 AM
happy easter! Hope everyone has a fun and food filled day :D

tigergal
04-13-2009, 06:32 PM
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

I went for the big ultrasound today and............................................... .................. it's a GIRL! I knew that it was a girl all along, but I would be just as happy with a boy. With the loss of my son and my early miscarriage, I was just praying that the baby is healthy and alive. I am so thankful and blessed! Now, I have a boy and a girl! My dr couldn't do the full anatomy scan because he had shoulder surgery and has limited use of his right arm (he does his own ultrasounds). He will do the full scan on May 11. I get to see my little girl in 4 weeks.

My additional thyroid tests came back as hyperthyroidism. My dr says it won't affect the baby like hypothyroidism can, but I will have to be on medication after the baby is born.

I'll do personals later! Grow, babies grow!

esarah
04-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Tiger- Yay for girls! I love my two girls so much but I am so excited to be having a little boy but like you I would have been thrilled to have either as long as they were healthy!

sunchic711
04-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Aw Tiger - i'm happy for you that you get your girl! Congrats!

msmarylance
04-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Tiger! Congrats to you! That is so exciting! SO nice to have one of each!

Ladies, I know it is a bit late, but a happy Easter to all of you who celebrated, I hope it was a restful, joyful holiday!

As for me, I'm waiting to have my u/s and amnio done on Friday. DH and I had MANY discussions on this topic, as there are the risks of miscarriage with the amnios, but after talking with OB/perinatologist/RE and the Dr. who will be performing the amnios we've decided it is probably for the best, seeing as we have in "increased" risk for DOWNS based on the first trimester screening tests.
The Dr. we are going to has over 39 years of experience and quotes a risk of "less than 1:500" chance of miscarriage. From what I've read up on him it seems like his odds seem even lower.
I'm still a bit of a nervous wreck, as is DH, but we've comforted ourselves in knowing that it is all in God's hands and we just have to continue to pray that both babies are healthy and thriving!

Good Luck to you all!

cristina32
04-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Good luck on Friday and keep us posted. I will go wednesday for my genetic counseling and schedule my 2nd trimester u/s and go form there. I still think that we will not do an amnio. I am too scared.

SharonWA
04-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Yesterday I felt my baby kick for sure for the first time! I was laying down, with my hand kinda pushed on my belly, and I felt a little nudge, like someone was pushing back. This time I can't say well maybe its gas, this had to be the baby! It is very exciting, I just wish I could feel the baby more, but I know I will soon enough.

Good luck on all the upcoming appointments and congrats on all the ultrasounds. I still have 3 weeks to go for my big ultrasound. I am getting bugged constantly about the baby's sex so I hope he/she cooperates. Tomorrow I am going to buy a crib and changing table that will be going on sale at the Navy Exchange, very exciting, but I still don't know what kinda sheets to get the baby.

honey19
04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Tigergal, that is awesome! congrats on your little girl! I really hope to have at least one of each at some point!

Sharon, how awesome that you felt your little baby! Isn't it the best feeling? and it will only get stronger and happen more often. It brings a smile to my face almost everytime (except at night when I am sleeping)

cristina, good luck and hopefully things turn out well!

msmarylace, let us all know how it goes. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Things here are going well. We started birthing classes a few weeks ago and finally get to tour the labor and delivery rooms this Thursday. I can't wait to see them! I really want to do a waterbirth (all natural) so I want to see what we will deal with. I am getting tired again which I hear is supposed to happen come the last trimester, but seriously I thought I had another week or so before this was supposed to happen!

tryin'4#1
04-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi Girls!
Honey- All natural birth- I give you credit. I plan on using pain meds, although I am not sure exactly what yet. Let me tell you- I hear you about starting to be tired again...I thought I had a few more weeks before I started feeling that way again too! Some days are better than others though! How are you sleeping at night?

Sharon- yay for feeling the kick! It is always so reassuring!

cristina- Hope you appt. goes well Wed.

mrsmary- I trust that all will go well Friday, but it still has to be nerver wracking! You are right- things are out of your hands. Keep us posted. How long does it take to get results?

tiger- congrats on team PINK

sunchic- Posted a long note to you on the topic you started regarding gender. Also- I finally registered. Whew, what a process. I would say to go with your friend for sure to some places- I went with DH, then had friends check out the list and give their opinions about it, what I was missing, etc. I don't know if you have checked out the book Baby Bargains, but I used that to register for lots of stuff. Crazy- people are already sending us gifts! I am patiently waiting for DH to come home right now to open a box....if he is much later I am going to open it without him! We haven't even had any shower invites go out yet, but I think it is from an out of town friend.

Lauren- how are you doing?

Danyel- How is that b/p? Any news?

Ok- I don't have a ticker on here - I keep wondering if it will show up on all of my old posts- does anyone know? I think it does...and since I posted on the fertility boards and don't want to go back and hit 'no signature' I never did it. Anyhow, just for fun I looked a ticker up. Wow....only 87 days until my due date. Are you kidding me? Now I feel like time is flying. I will be 28 weeks Friday. Huh? Where has time flown to? Anyone else feeling this way?

honey19
04-15-2009, 03:25 PM
tryin, I feel the same way about the time. I'm just a few weeks behind you and I still look at my ticker and think it is crazy that I am already 6 1/2 months. I think when you are busy the time just flies! I feel like I am going to wake up and be full term and in labor! Sleeping is getting more difficult. I am up at least 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom. I am not uncomfortable yet as far as my tummy goes, though I do feel a stretch every once in awhile when I move funny. Are you having any sleep issues? I can't wait to join the third trimester and be in the home stretch!

msmarylance
04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the well wishes girls. I'm getting more and more nervous as we get closer to Friday, and I'm still not sure if I won't chicken out about the amnio while I'm there. DH really wants to make sure both babies are healthy, so I'm pretty sure we'll still have it done, just with all of my nerves still there.
We'll have our results sometime within two weeks after Friday!!!! SO LONG to wait, in my opinion.
However, I do have an appt with my OB on the following Wednesday after the amnio, so it will be nice to have the Dr. keep an eye on them a few days following. I just pray everything goes smoothly and results are good.

I've been feeling very "streched out" lately. I feel like if I sit or stand too long, my hips, back, and my "belly" are sore. Has anyone else had this (or is it just the twin thing)?

Honey and trying- I've been having sleep issues almost my entire pregnancy so far. I can't get comfortable and now my hips hurt. I'm using a body pillow, but might need to find something that is a little more firm for support.

tryin'4#1
04-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Honey & msmary- I have not slept well since the beginning- I chalked it up to the progesterone shots, but it has only gotten worse as time goes on! I have developed some carpal tunnel mostly in my right hand/arm, sometimes in the left. I am up 2-3 times a night too! Then around 4AM or so my right back/hip start to hurt! ugh! Oh well- I try not to complain to anyone. Just take it with pregnancy. However, it is nice to have you ladies to vent to!

I have felt some additional stretching, but probably not like you are feeling msmary! You have 2 in there! I only have one!

Anyone getting presents yet? Any showers scheduled? I have realized how many people care about me and want to do nice things for me. It is a bit overwhelming and I find it a little embarrassing! It is so nice though!

rkingall
04-16-2009, 11:23 AM
hi ladies,

good luck to christina and marylance with the upcoming tests! also yay to tigergal for a girl! and big congrats to sunchic on a little boy! yay!!

i have finally started to feel he baby kick/move. she's fairly active in there. and not just at night. on tuesday, i was in a long meeting at work and she was kicking away, it really kind of tickled to be honest. like that feeling when your're on a roller coaster.

had an appt. yesterday and they found protein in my urine. not a large amount, but enough so that the doc has requested i do the 24 hour collection. so, i'm working from home today. sigh. and my BP was a bit elevated, but not terrible (130/80), and so she's concerned that i could have/be getting pre-eclampsia. not sure why, since i'm doing/eating everything i should be.

easter was very good. the baby received her first bunny and first outfit already (1 from each set of grandparents). i'm trying to get my DH to go register on sunday since my BFF is like a maniac asking me when i'm going to register. i know she's planning a shower, but not sure when.

anyway, hope you are all doing well!

-renee

honey19
04-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Sleeping is a pain (literally, lol) I try not to complain to anyone about it either, tigergal. This message board is my best friend when it comes to venting! We had a shower about a month ago from my In-laws and I have one in about 3 weeks (May 9th) and a third and final in June. It is crazy how people you care about get together and spoil you and your unborn child. I don't think we could do it without all of our friends and families' support. it is too bad we don't all live close to each other so we could get together in person. I think we would all have a blast.

I am happy because my weight gain has slowed down. i went from gaining nothing until 15 weeks to gaining a total of 20 lbs now. I haven't gained anything in the last week and a half so I am thinking it slowed down. I gained it all at once and wasn't eating excessively so i didn't get it, but the doc said it happens that way sometimes. I just hope it doesn't start coming on so quick again. I don't like seeing the scale go up so fast! I know I need to gain weight for the baby, but not that quickly!

Danyel
04-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey ladies, Hope everyone is doing well!
As for me - I ended up in the hospital last night :-( I had a SEVERE headache/migrane, It had me in tears. So I called and they told me to go in, and get some medication for the headache. So I did, and when hurt something horrible! I was also put on bed rest untill I talked to my doctor. So I called her this am, and she took me off bedrest and put me on bp medication. Which, from my last visit she didn't want to do, because she is scared it will lower the babys blood pressure. But, my baby is strong, and I know will be fine. Im just worried why the babys heartbeat is always so low? My doctor only finds it on the lower left side, so Im not sure. Also, if this medication makes the baby's bp low, what signs will there be, and how will i know?

msmarylance
04-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Honey - I hear you on the sleeping thing... I am up almost every two hours. I just keep thanking God each time I'm sore, since that means that babies are still growing!

Danyel - Yikes! I'm sure that trip to the ER was less than fun for you. Glad your Dr. is working on getting your BP under control. Hope everything works out well!!!

As for me, DH and I went in to the Perinatologist today to have the amnios done. Well, we ended up not having it. Dr. said we were one day short of 15 weeks (which I had told the receptionists a week ago) and he could still do the procedure, but usually does it between 16 to 18 weeks. He also told me that the nuchal measurements came back within "normal range" but the bw was off, which is what increased my odds.

The more research I have done, the more I have realized that the BW is not always reliable information for twins. So now DH and I have tentatively scheduled the amnios for two weeks from now, but are not sure we are going to have it done. SO STRESSFUL! I have this gut feeling that both babies are absolutely fine, and I wouldn't terminate the pregnancy no matter what!!! We're going to play it by ear for the next two weeks, talk to my OB and then make a decision when the appt. comes closer.

Hope all is well with everyone else.
Is anyone getting a lot of headaches?

cristina32
04-17-2009, 02:50 PM
I had my appointmentt with the genetic counselor and she told me that the measurement for the nuchal translucency was in normal range , they could see a nasal bone ( in babies with Downs , the nasal bone is not formed at that point- or someting like that).Out of the three blood tests , only one protein was lower than normal. Also I've been told that as of April 1st, the state of California took over the testing and it seesm that their results are based a lot more on age than on the results of the u/c and bw, their guideliness are more strict, that explains the 1 in 188.
Anyway , the counselor told me that based on my results I should not stress too much. Easy to say than done :(
We decided to do the 2nd semester screening ( blood test) and go from there . I hope that the test is going to be fine. I am a little bit relieved , but still worried.
Marry-- where did read about the blood tests not being very reliable? Was it only for twins?
I am hoping that my baby is fine.

tryin'4#1
04-17-2009, 04:59 PM
mrsmary- I didn't have any genetic testing done because I felt as you did- it really didn't matter, I would not terminate the pregancy. My OB said it was not worth it to stress myself out about things if this was how I felt. I know I would be going nuts if my numbers came back with a higher incidence or something. So- if you really feel it will not make a difference, then why have the amnio done? I know you would find out 100% for sure then which was what I thought. I am someone who likes to be prepared, but I feel like you can never fully be prepared. Of course, we are here to listen to whatever you like! Intersting that you have a gut feeling that all is OK. Let's hope it is true!!!

cristina- Sorry your results were not more conclusive!! Ugh!! I would feel the same way you do!

danyel- Funny, for the longest time my OB could only find the heartbeat on the lower right side! What is the heartbeat? I hope you are feeling better!!

honey- you are so cute and tiny it REALLY does not look like you have gained 20lbs. It MUST be all baby!!

rking- when will you get your results?

Ok ladies- I will still be on this board looking for you, but today I am 28 weeks which officially puts me at 3rd tri!! Woo hoo!! Making my way over there now...

sunchic711
04-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Happy Friday! So glad the weekend is here! Is it just me, or did this week seem to go by so slow?!

Honey - how exciting to start your birthing classes! I would love to tour the birthing rooms before taking the classes - i am hoping next week at my appt i can talk to my dr. about that. Glad to hear that your weight gain is leveling out! I know how hard it is to see the scale go up fast like that! For me, after having lost weight before getting preg, it's always kind of hard to see that number keep going up!!

Renee - Thanks for the congrats! Did you find anything else out about your tests?

Danyel - you poor dear! I hope you are feeling much better and that doesn't happen again!

Mary - i have also had more headaches since i have been pregnant than i can remember!

Tryin - I checked out that book online and it looks like it has some good info! I should see if i can get it cheap on amazon and use it for when i register also! That is really sweet that you have been getting so many gifts already! Don't be embarassed - just soak it all up!! ;) I don't have any showers scheduled yet, so i have some time! I'm sure mine will prob be closer to end of June and July since i am not due til the end of August. Congrats on the 3rd Tri!!!

Speaking of baby stuff - have you all been garage sale-ing at all? It is such a great deal for maternity clothes, baby clothes, shoes, blankets, etc! I haven't bought any bigger items yet, though, and am kind of wondering how much i should or shouldn't buy at garage sales and should register for instead! I just hate to see people spend so much $$ on things i could get for a fraction of the price!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

msmarylance
04-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Christina - I'm sorry, but the reading I was doing was on twins only. I've read the bloodwork part of the equation isn't always as reliable for twins, as the "normal" levels have such a high range of acceptance.

Tryin - Mostly the reason we wanted it done it just to know for sure, especially since it is twins, and we may need daycare when they are about 4 - 6 months old. I would want to make sure that we have all of the necessary care lined up in advance. DH and I have been talking about it though, and we're just not sure that anything is wrong, especially because the nuchal translucency came back within normal range, as does the u/s we keep having. Such a stressor.... now we have to decide again in the next 2 weeks. UGH!
CONGRATS on moving to the 3rd trimester boards!

Sunchic - I haven't been garage sale hunting yet, but my MIL has a friend who is giving us a TON of stuff for the babies. She has a grandchild that has outgrown most of it, so she is passing it on. We've passed up on some of the bigger items, such as crib, changing table, and strollers, as we'll need two of them, and I want to make sure they haven't had any recalls or anything.
But, I do agree, you can get some GREAT deals out there. Also, check out Amazon.com for some of the items you need to purchase new... they sometimes offer free shipping and lower prices than the bigger stores!

Good Luck ladies!

Danyel
04-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey ladies. I hope everyone is doing well!! I have been feeling alot better, I started taking the bp medication, and my bp is good, when I am up it is usually 127/71 and when I am lieing down it is 110/45. So I am happy that I am seeing a small difference, but for my body, it makes so much difference, seeing that I have been telling my doctor for weeks that something wasn't right, because everytime i would get up, I would feel bad. I also have been having really bad headaches, but my doctor thinks its because of the bp... Someone also asked, but my baby's heartbeat is between 140-145

tryin'4#1
04-18-2009, 08:58 AM
danyel- Looks like things are going well for you. I was the one who asked about the heartbeat rate- 140-145 is completely normal. Why do you think it is low? I have been told the range is from 120-160, so 140 would be right in the middle!

mrsmary- Yes, I agree, I would want to know for sure too. And daycare for twins....just more stress to think about! Good luck, and be sure to tell us your final decision/results.

sunchic- Got my book off of Amazon too, it was cheaper there than at a book store. I ordered something else with it so I could get the free shipping of course! There is always something I want off of there. Amazon has a baby registry too if you are interested. I put a few things on that I could not get at Babies R Us. There was this stupid night light I wanted. Here is the link- I just thought it was so cute...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BNQC58/ref=s9_sims_gw_s1_p75_t1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1KA3MQMR8MSTB5ZHDZ24&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846I didn't want to register at Target because so many of their items seem to go discontinued, and sometimes their return policy makes me mad. What happens if someone doesn't give you a gift receipt? They always hassle me if I return without a receipt, even though I always use the same credit card they can never seem to 'find it' and treat me like I am trying to pull a scam even though it is sometimes a product only available at Target!! I do understand about the garage sales and such. I am also getting a few things from friends. However, my friends told me to still register for the items because you can always return them and you will need practical things such as diapers, bottles, etc. Not a bad idea, and nobody has to know! If you wanted to see what I registered for (most based on Baby Bargains, others recommendations from friends who have kids) PM me and I will give you my info!

Looks like we will have one more beautiful day in Illinois. I am going to try to make thank you notes for my shower. I do not do any scrapbooking stuff, so this should be interesting...my sister (who also does not scrapbook) is going to try to help! I figure I better start now even though my shower from my sister is not until May 31!!

SharonWA
04-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Today I am wondering a little about some pain I am having. I am assuming it is still ligament pain from my stretching uterus, but it is the worst pain I have had so far this pregnancy. It is a constant pain in my lower right abdomen, in the pelvic area. It doesn't really hurt when I am sitting still, but when I move around its a really bad pain so it has kept me immobile for a bit. It is slowly going away, it is not as bad today as yesterday, but still I wonder, does it sound like something I should be concerned about? I have not had any blood or anything like that, I did have a little shortness of breath and nausea the night before the pain showed up. I want to assume it is nothing and normal, but it really sucks, I hope this wont be the kinda pain I will have from now on.

Danyel
04-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Hehe no, its low, the heartbeat is close to my pelvis, and usually your supposed to find it near your belly button at 17 weeks

honey19
04-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Tryin, Congrats on making it to the third tri boards. I will be joining you shortly!

About the headaches, I have had more since I have been pregnant that ever, too! My doc said it is just the hormone changes.

Sunchic, I feel the same way. right before I got pregnant I was in the best shape of my life (probably why I got pregnant lol) so i don't like to see the scale move. It makes me feel better when people tell me they only see it in my stomach, but i do notice that I have added some fluff on my back and love handles. DH tells me I need to gain some there to level out the weight in front. It doesn't happen very often but sometimes he says just the right thing! As for the birthing classes, I really like that they are so informative. we have 1 left and we have yet to see the L&D rooms because they are always full (Which NEVER happens here because it is such a small town with a small hospital) I wish the classes were closer to the due date, but since it is so small they only offer the classes 4 times a year. Are you feeling better about the gender now? I think about gender disspointment a lot and think that I would feel the same way if I found out what we were having. I think that is part of the reason I don't want to find out. I know as soon as our babies come out, we will love them no matter what and nothing else will matter! My best friend thought and hoped she was having a boy her entire pregnancy and then a girl popped out and she said now she would have it no other way. I guess once they are here, you are just so in love. Plus, you will have girls next, so they will get to have an older brother (which I love!)

msmary, you and your DH will make the right decision as time comes closer. If the amnio will put you at ease then go for it, if doing it will make things worse, then don't do it. I think you will just know what you need to do.

cristina, i am glad the doc told you not to stress about the results. I know it is way easier said than done, but doesn't it make you feel better? Anytime the doc says stuff like that to me, it shows that she isn't worried and that makes me feel better. try not to let it bother you and know that you are only given what you can handle.

sharon, I have had some pain like that too, and my doc said it was just round lig pain. She said just to adjust until the pain goes away. I have had some sciatic pain as well that is awful! the baby likes to hang out lower and sometimes I feel like the baby sits right on that nerve and pinches it. It is getting a lot better now than it used to, so hopefully that is the case for you.

danyel, I am glad the baby's heart rate is so good! and it is also nice that your bp is down when you are resting. I wouldn't worry about the heartbeat being low. sometimes babies just like to hide out down there! I have a friend who is 38 weeks and the doc had to find the babies heart rate lower last time she went in. I think the LO's just move where they want to, and yours must just like to be there!

I hope I didn't miss anyone! I am not feeling well at all and am stuck just laying around for now. My sinuses and chest started to get really congested a few days ago and I blamed it on allergies...until it got really bad two nights ago to the point where I was having trouble breathing out of my nose and didn't get much sleep. I am still having issues breathing out of my nose, and I am getting nasty sinus headaches on and off. Today I started to get a slight fever, so I am just taking it easy for now. I just got off antibiotics, so I imagine whatever I have cannot be fixed with antibiotics. I just want the fever to stay down so I don't have to go to the doc. DH and I are busy house hunting and trying to figure out where we will be after the baby is born. Besides that, finals are coming up in a few weeks for me so I am trying to pack as much knowledge into my head as possible so I do well and don't have to take any of these classes again!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

cristina32
04-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Honey,I hope you feel better.Rest and take it easy. Good luck with your finals. I am there with you an it can get overwhelming.
As for me, I try to stay as positive as I can . I know that no matter what, I will not terminate the pregnancy.
I will go in for the 2nd trimester blood test screening on the 27th and hope for better results.
I wish you guys a great week .

shykat55
04-19-2009, 08:06 PM
I go to my next appointment in about a week then 2 weeks after that I go for my gd test. I am really nervous about that. Then I can schedule the 3d/4d ultrasound. Has anyone else had a 3d/4d done? I would love to see the pics if you can post them.

tigergal
04-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi ladies! Hope everyone is growing well! I haven't been on in a few days so I'm behind AGAIN! I had a little scare last week. I saw the dr on Monday for my ultrasound. I went to work on Tuesday and was in a lot of pain by the end of the day. The pain was in my groin and lower abdomen. I could barely walk. I saw the dr on Wednesday. Turns out the I have a lot of swelling and and the pain is only going to get worse because of the standing (high school teacher). My cervix is completely closed and the baby is great. My dr also found vaginal cysts and varicose veins in my legs and DOWN THERE! He has recommended bed rest but there's only 24 days left in the school year and I'm going to try to stick it out if I can. My principal said I could sit down for the majority of the school day and I only get up when I absolutely have to. I hope I can make it, if not, that means bed rest for me. I'll do whatever it takes!

Tryin - congrats on making it to 3rd tri!

I'll try to catch up very soon on personals! I'm going to go lay down!

Grow, babies, grow!

msmarylance
04-21-2009, 03:55 PM
tigergal - I'm so sorry to hear about your scare! I'm also a teacher and I'm REALLY trying to stay off of my feet as much as possible during the day. A teacher I work with, who is really such a great person, gave me a stool that I can put at the front of the class, and that way when I need to be in front of the class and teaching I can still "sit" or at least rest on the stool.

Maybe that would help you!?!

I hope you make it the last 23 days!!! Isn't it great once you have a "countdown!!!" We are at 44 days!

honey19
04-21-2009, 10:28 PM
alright ladies, I am heading over to the third trimester boards. Can't wait to see you all there!

Danyel
04-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Hey ladies! Well, today, I went to my high risk doctor. Everything went great! The baby is growing beautifully! Right on target! I was soo relieved. I have to start seeing him once a month, so, untill I deliever I will be seeing my doctors every two weeks. But I am glad to have a close eye on my baby :-) . I also have to start sending in my sugars every two weeks. Well, so, we focused on the "part to know" today, and baby wouldn't quit sitting indian style. But baby moved a few times, and we are 85% sure its a girl!!! I am sooo excited, everyone in the family thought it was a boy, and seeing my husband comes from an all boy family, thats what we thought we would have. But nope. My doctor is pretty sure she has the three lines of the vagina....and no penis...lol....She will be sooo spoiled, I just know it.

Has anyone else's doctor guessed, and it wasn't right?

msmarylance
04-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Danyel - I'm so happy for you! Congrats on having (an 85% chance) girl!!! :0)
Also, good to hear things are going well for you with your High Risk Dr.

I went in for my scheduled appt. with my OB and was so upset I didn't get an u/s. I did get to hear the hb's for a while, but it seemed too short!!! Babies both sound good!

I'm scheduled to go in again in a month to both High Risk and regular OB... we should be able to find out the genders then!!!! I don't know how I'm going to wait a whole month!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Danyel
04-22-2009, 07:22 PM
awe mary, I am sooo happy for you, finding out the gender is exciting

tryin'4#1
04-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi girls- just coming over here to check on you ladies!

Danyel- congrats on a little girl!

mrsmary- Yes, have to agree- a month seems so far away! When are you getting your u/s done?

Ok- have to run...

msmarylance
04-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Well I have officially cancelled the amnios... I called my High Risk Dr. today and spoke with him, after having a good conversation with my OB. Basically both Dr's said that in their experience, babies with normal measurements on the nuchal folds, usually end up normal babies. I'm going with this and my gut and just having the anatomy scan done before my next OB visit.
My High Risk Dr said they will still do the amnios if I wish, when they do the anatomy scan if they find anything that is considered a "soft marker" for downs... but it is totally up to DH and I.
Our scan is on May 12th....which is actually the second day of State Testing for my class, but I'm going to have to talk to my principal and get clearance to leave right after the test!

So, hopefully, all will go well and then we'll know the genders (if babies cooperate)!

tigergal
04-23-2009, 11:06 PM
honey - have fun in the 3rd tri!

tryin - hi! I love your ticker!

mary - It is hard to stay off your feet being a teacher. My students have been very understanding and have been very helpful. I do have a stool under my desk and it helps. Glad everything is going well with the twins.

danyel - congrats on the girl!

Hi to all! Grow, babies, grow!

rkingall
04-24-2009, 09:06 AM
happy friday ladies!

i am so pleased to report that i went back to the dr. yesterday for a follow up to the 24 hour urine collection and b/w. i do NOT have pre-eclampsia! yay! the dr. advised that everyone has some trace bits of protein in their urine, and mine is well below the limit for pre-eclampsia. plus, i've been taking my own blood pressure 2x a day and she was pleased with the results - not high at all. i am relieved, to say the least.

to celebrate, i went over to carter's and actually bought some outfits for the baby. the cutest little onesies and playsuits were only 5 bucks! i got some bibs too. well, i had to get a shower gift for someone else, which is why i went there, but i couldn't resist all the cute summer stuff that was out. and so cheap! so glad this baby's coming in august so she can wear these things.

mary - can't wait until you find out the genders! the date will be here sooner than you think!

danyel - congrats on a girl! so sweet!

honey - see you in a couple of weeks ever there!

tigergal - keep those feet up as much as possible. end of the school year is fast approaching!

shykat - i did have the 4d u/s at my 20 week anatomy scan. there was only 1 good shot of her head with the 4d camera. my friend (who is my radiologist) advised that the 4d pics aren't really that good until you're about 30 weeks. then you can really see the baby's features well.

anyhoo, have a great weekend ladies! the weather here is going to be fab-U-lous!! in the 80's!

-renee

Laurend0517
04-24-2009, 11:37 AM
just wanted to drop by and say hi to everyone. I have been MIA lately but wanted to drop in to see how everyone is doing.....

rking- congrats on not having preeclampsia!!!

msmary-good luck on your tests and your scan!! I hope you do great on both! =)

cristina32
04-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Mary- the genetic counselor told me the same thing. She said " if I were you I would not wory".
In my case the nuchal translucency test was normal, the nasal bone was present and two out of the three blood tests were normal. One blood test was lower than normal though .
Are you doing the 2nd trimester screening? I will do the blood test and then the anatomy scan. I am excited and nervous at the same time.
rkingall- I am happy that everythink worked fine for you.
H a nice weekend eveybody.

msmarylance
04-25-2009, 07:47 AM
Christina - I'm having the anatomy scan done on May 12th, but I opted to not have any more of the bloodtests, since my OB and High Risk Dr. both told me that with twins the levels tend to lead to a "false positive"
I have had enough stress getting to this point that I just want to enjoy my pregnancy! Not stress out every couple of months for a test that may or may not be conclusive.

Have a great weekend everyone!

sunchic711
04-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Happy Monday Mommas! I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Just thought i'd get our week started off on here! It's hard to believe that the end of this week starts May!! I guess when you are busy, time just flies right on by! This week is going to be crazy as last week i unexpectedly had to stay with my bro and sis while my parents were out of town. So this week i have to get everything caught up on at home, get packed for my trip to Rome and get everything done at work that i need to before i leave on Friday!

I hope everyone has a great week and those of you who have appts - i hope those go great, as well!! :D

Danyel
04-27-2009, 02:38 PM
awe, ROME! That sounds nice....I need a vacation! Have fun sunchic, and take lots of pictures!

Laurend0517
04-28-2009, 02:29 PM
hey ladies! well I just want to let everyone know that my husband was able to feel the baby on Friday!! She is very active at nighttime and I feel her move constantly when I am lying down. So I was pushing down on my belly and she kicked me! I immediately took his hand and placed it where mine was and she kicked him too!! Pretty hard actually! It was the cutest thing! I wish I had a camera to capture his face. He jumped like 10 feet but had the biggest smile on!! Now every night he trys to feel her.

I am so happy that I actually feel full blown kicks now. No more flutters!! Its weird though because the only place I feel them is veryyy verrrryy low. Like on the way bottom of my bump. I thought for sure you would feel it by your belly botton?

How is everyone else doing?

tryin'4#1
04-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Lauren- I felt it sooo low at first too! I was wondering if I was really feeling it. Believe me - it is the baby! You will feel it moving 'up' as the weeks go on. How fun for your DH to feel it!!

msmarylance
04-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Lauren! - How cool for you and DH! I'm starting to feel little flutters, if I'm laying very still. Can't wait until DH and I can both feel the lo's.

OK Ladies, I have a question, that I can't seem to get a straight answer to on the web.... I'm going to be 17 weeks on Saturday, which means I'll be 5 months, correct? Everyone is starting to ask how far along I am, and when I say "I"ll be 5 months on Saturday", I've gotten a few responses taht say 17 weeks isn't 5 months. Maybe I'm not counting correctly????

That is also the reason I usually respond in how far along I am in weeks!!!!

JessicaH
04-28-2009, 11:24 PM
You'll be finishing out your 4th month meaning you'll be 4 full months along and just entering your 5th month. I'd say you're 4 months or in your 5th month when you talk to people.

BeccaRaelyn
04-29-2009, 01:47 AM
well its been a while since I have taken the time to post here! Easter was so much fun I got to spend my day with family and my younger sister who has a baby decided that it would be the perfect time to try to feel the baby move. She felt her baby move really early and she for some reason knows just the right way to poke to wake them up lol. She got to be the first one besides me to feel it move, and it was movin! Since then the baby kicks alll night and spuraticly throughout the day. My mom was skeptical that it was the baby till she took me to my doctor appointment and the baby got all active and then she got to feel it. Everyone says that it is too early but I just tell them to tell the baby that it is too young to kick me that hard lol. I am even woken up in the middle of the night from the kicking and movin. My doctor did say that because I have a bicornuate uterus that I may be more sensitive to the movements, also having pcos I am more in tune with feeling things in that general area lol. Right now the baby kicks only on the left but pretty much anywhere between my belly button and my bikini line.

Lauren that is really exciting that he got to feel the baby move! Jeff still cant feel it move but I know it will happen eventually.

Mary I am not surprised that you cancelled the amnios. Personally I just wouldnt be able to bring myself to risk it either, especially when the preliminary tests are not accurate. I am excited to find out what you are having! I find out may 8th. I think it is a girl though lol.

Sun- have fun in rome! I am sooo jealous, I would love to vaca in europe especially italy.

sunchic711
04-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Happy Wednesday!

Thanks for all the well wishes on my trip girls! I have just been so tired trying to get things ready at home, work, etc that i have just been exhausted! I can't wait though!

That's so exciting for you all that you are feeling the baby kick and move around! It is an amazing feeling! I think i may have posted it before but i was feeling the baby move pretty early and DH was able to feel it at 18 weeks (even tho our dr. said it would be another 10 weeks!!)! Shortly after that, i could also see the kicks and movements on the outside when i was lying down. Even though i have not grown a big bump, i can feel the baby moving and kicking above my belly button, too.

Last night it was really funny! DH was putting the moves on me and the baby kicked him and he just kind of stopped for a minute and was like, "whoa, i wasn't expecting that"! It was soo funny...but it didn't stop him! ;)

Enjoy all the kicks and movements from your little ones!!

SharonWA
04-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone! Congrats on feeling those baby kicks. I have been feeling my baby more frequently also. I would say the kicks feel like a big bubble in my uterus, kinda a weird feeling. The baby seems to be most active around midnight when I go to bed. Husband hasn't felt the baby yet, I know he wants to cause every time i tell him the baby kicked he puts his hand on my belly hoping to feel it. I keep telling him don't worry it will be soon.

My Ultrasound is next Monday! I am so excited, hopefully we will find out the sex. I said I wanted a girl but just found out DH is kinda hoping for a boy, so now I am kinda torn, I want a boy because I want him to be happy (though I know he will be with a girl), but I want a girl too. Since this our first child and the first grandchild in both our families, I guess it really doesn't matter.

I am taking a trip at the beginning of June to Colorado for a week. I am a little worried about the high altitude, we will be staying at about 8,000 feet. Many things that I looked up kinda recommended against it, but the nurse at the OB office said it was fine, to just be careful not to overtax myself. Since I will be there with my grandmother, mom, and aunt, I doubt there will be much heavy activity. I can't help worry a little though, has anyone else taken a high altitude trip while pregnant? I am wishing I had asked the doctor, which I meant to and forgot. I just would hate it if he says not to go when I already bought the tickets, though I doubt he will.

Good luck on all the upcoming appointments! Oh and I thought the 5th month started at 18 weeks, maybe that is why people are saying you are not 5 months yet. I think the pregnancy book I have says 18 weeks.

Laurend0517
04-29-2009, 03:29 PM
MSMARY- I would say you are 4 months. I usually say the month and then how many weeks (right now I am 6 months but as of Tuesday I will be 6 months 1 week) Everyone does get confused with the calculations! When I tell hubby I am 6 months he always argues because he said if I am 6 months then I should have the baby in July not August. Then I tried to explain how u r pregnant for 10 months and that totally threw him off and he said im making up stories!! lol

Becca-congrats on feeling the baby! I feel mine low and to the right....weird how they stay on one side all of the time!!

Sunchic-have fun on your vacation!! my husband did the same thing and was leaning on my stomach and the baby kicked him! He got totally freaked out and said she is
"guarding the fort". Now he's scared to come anywhere near me!! lol

Sharon-I would put DH hand by my belly all the time and he couldnt feel anything. Try it when you are lying down. For some reason you can feel alot more. I cant actually feel her heart beating through my skin!! Its definately weird!!

sunchic711
04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Lauren - "guarding the fort" I love it - that's a good one!!! I'll def have to use that! DH will get a kick out of that!

Mary & Sharon - i was super confused at first when it came to saying how many months/weeks etc that you are - but think of it like this, like with b-days...you live a year and then you say you are that age. Like when a baby is born, you don't say they are one until they have lived that year.

So - like according to the chart below - you can say you are in your 5th month, when you are 18-21 weeks, but you would not say you are 5 months along until you start your 22nd week - like the birthday example. Same with pregnancy weeks - You live that week being pregnant and then you say that you are that many weeks along. Like if you look at my ticker it will say i am 23 weeks & 3 days - well, i am actually in my 24 week, but i won't say i am 24 weeks until Sunday. It is confusing - i agree, but that helps me kind of understand! ;)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m15/sunchic711/pregchart.jpg

zywoman
04-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Sharon-I went to Sante Fe NM over spring break and where my MIL lives is right around 8000 ft elevation. I didn't even think of the elevation until we were there so I didn't look up anything about it affecting pregnancy and I didn't ask the doctor. I didn't do much strenuous activity, though. Ask your doc to be reassured but I'm sure it's fine.

I got a "kick" out of reading everyone's posts about the baby moving! I think I've felt baby a few times this week. (I'm in my 15th week) I think I knew I felt the baby in my first pregnancy at about 17 wks (flutters) and by 20 wks I felt more of the kicking. I know it was awhile, maybe about 24-25 wks, before Dh felt it. It's such fun! (Until 38-39 wks when baby is beating you up from the inside!)

I have a baby shower to go to this weekend so I'll have some fun baby shopping!

I'm just waiting now to hear from the nurse at my doctor's office about some MAJOR back/abdominal pain I had this morning. I think everything is probably fine, but I'd like to be seen just to be sure.