PDA

View Full Version : March *Second Trimester* (13 weeks - 27 weeks)

tigergal
03-02-2009, 11:35 AM
I love the 2nd tri!

chinookpilotswife
03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Happy March everyone! We are all going to be having our babies before we know it!

I just got back from my 24 week appointment and everything is looking good. I have gained about 15lbs, my BP was fine, and my tummy was measuring 24-25cm. It was cute my doctor asked me if the baby was active and I said yes, very. And then he went to get the baby's heartrate and he/she wouldn't sit still long enough for the doctor to listen to it :)

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Laurend0517
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Well ladies not luck with the ultrasound. =( NOT because it was to early but because my child is TO stubborn!!lol. First we went there and the minute we starting looking at him/her, he was looking all around. Like s/he could hear us or something. It was soooo cute!! But then the pictures turned out like crap. I gave up EVERYTHING to drink besides water. That is all I drink yet somehow there was not enough. I drink 8 glasses MINIMUM a day!! The tec said I have a very large placenta and it was smushing down on the baby so there was not alot of amniotic fluid inbetween. They also said that almost all of my fluid was by the babies feet. I tried turning over and the fluid didnt really move. It kinda scared me! I was crying so bad. I felt like it was my fault. I swear I am doing everything right!! We go back in 2 weeks hoping that my fluids will be better. I am now drinking 10-12 9oz bottles of water a day. I dont know what else I can do. But we did see the little booger moving around and kicking and punching. The tec said I have a very very active baby!! But the baby had its legs crossed the ENTIRE ultrasound! All 30 minutes of it! And it was crossed at the ankles. The tec said usually when its crossed at the ankles its a girl. Boys usually cross at the knees? We didnt even come close to looking at the goodies so this was purely a guess!! The weird thing is when I went to get the NT scan at 12 weeks, the hosiptal said the same thing. That the baby had its legs crossed the entire time. Maybe I am having a mermaid baby?!?!?! Uggh I hope the baby cooperates next time. I will be 18 weeks! And I am getting the ultrasound the day of my bachlorette party!! I am getting married in 19 days!! OMG how time flies!!!

chinook- glad your appt went well!! I hope I can start to feel my baby soon!!

Beth- congrats on passing the GTT test!!!

Renee- my legs are really dry!! I usually use "morning burst" to wash my face and I noticed it burns now when I use it so I think my face is becoming VERY sensitive!!

Honey-good luck on your midterms!!

tryin'4#1
03-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi Girls! Sorry I have been MIA lately- just busy with work and running around. Today I have a day off, went to the OB, I am 21 weeks now, and was hoping to find out the sex of the baby. Well- just like Lauren0517 my baby would not cooperate either! So- maybe I am not destined to know the sex! I don't know what else to do but laugh. The u/s tech tried his best- even had me go empty my bladder to see if that would help. Nothing. Makes me wonder if Lauren and I are having the same gender! The u/s tech said he thought he saw a 'pee pee' at the beginning, but couldn't get a good look at it, couldn't take a picture of it, and the umbilical cord was right between the legs. Oh well! I do have low lying placenta though. It is not covering the cervix, but he said they might do an additional u/s if the radiologist orders it. Who knows! I go see my OB tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well- I can't believe it is March already! Where has time gone?

Chinook- wow! Active baby!

Lauren- Wedding in 19 days...how exciting! Where is your wedding going to be? How many people will be coming? Did you get a traditional dress? I hope it fits OK with the baby!

honey19
03-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey girls! I am taking a break from studying. I had one mid term today and 2 more to go! We had our 5 month appointment today and everything went well. The doctor laughed because when I laid on my back the baby was in a ball on my left side. I looked like I had a huge tumor on one side. she tried poking it to see if it would move and it wouldn't I guess it is happy over on that side! She said it was completely fine, got a heart beat (147 this time, it was 167 a month ago) and measured me. She said all looked good and everything seemed great so next appointment I get to do that glucola test...I am dreading it and hear it is so nasty! I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Lauren and tryin, I am sorry you didn't get to find out the sex! how frustrating! Leave it to the babies to not cooperate. lol. Hopefully you will get to find out at the next U/S.

I can't believe it is March already! I feel like I just found out I was pg!

Hope all is well!

tryin'4#1
03-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Honey- I had the glucose test today- it was not that bad, not great, but I would say to chug the entire drink as fast as you can. I did most of it but had 2 sips left at the end and those were the bad ones! Are you having an ultrasound soon?

Vero
03-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Honey -- the glucola is not *that* bad... just have it SUPER cold... if they do not have it cold for you, I would pour it over ice ;) Good luck!

sunchic711
03-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi Ladies!

Just thought i'd drop in and say hi on the 2nd tri board! Just got back from a wonderful vacay down in St. Thomas and life is getting back to "normal" back in the cold and gray midwest, hoping for spring to get here soon! I also had a thought that it would be nice if pregnant women could just stay on vacation the whole 9 months of pregnancy! It was just so nice to be in the warm fresh salty air all the time!

tryin' - good to see you again! :) I hope everything is going well and you are feeling good! Too bad you all weren't able to find out what you're cookin in there! Hopefully you'll get that addtl ultrasound and the baby will cooperate this time!

lauren - too bad you didn't have any luck with the ultrasound also! I am hoping that our little one cooperates when the time comes for our u/s - which won't be for another 5 weeks! Good luck with the wedding - try not to be stressed and have a good time!

Chinook - Glad to hear you are doing well!

Hope everyone has a great week!

chinookpilotswife
03-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Lauren & tryin'...sorry that your LOs wouldn't cooperate so that you could find out their sexes! I didn't find out what my LO is but I don't know if I would have been able to either if I wanted because my LO's legs were crossed at the ankles and he/she was sitting on its crossed legs :)

Lauren...I think are doing good to get in all that water. I drink a lot of water too and I can tell when I haven't gotten as much as I need in because I get a bad headache! Good luck with the wedding! What an exciting time for you!

honey...I am glad that your appointment went well! Our LOs just love that left side don't they :) Mine is always on the left side and in the same position. I also have my glucola test at my next appointment. I am really not looking forward to it because I have had to drink that stuff before when my RE was looking for IR. I don't drink pop so it was like torture for me to drink. It tastes like orange bubbly corn syrup. But I think Vero is right. It tastes better the colder it is. Good luck...I hope we both pass :)

sunchic...I am glad you had a good vacation. I am from the midwest too and am SO ready for it to be nicer out. I definitely have cabin fever. I also think that pregnant women should be able to go on vacation for 9 months! Sounds great to me :)

shykat55
03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Wow I met with a friend of mine yesterday and she GAVE me all kinds of stuff. A newborn car seat/stroller combo along with car base, a high chair, bouncy seat that is also a rocking chair when they get older. A ton of other stuff that I cannot even remember. The entire back of my van was FULL. We had taken the back seat out before we met them.

Laurend0517
03-03-2009, 10:45 AM
tryin- there must be something in this Illinois water to make us have stubborn babies!! lol. We are having our wedding at the Hickory Hills County Club....and have 175 people coming!! So much for a small wedding!! My dress is ivory and it ties in the back so I dont have to worry about zipping!! lol. I still have not gained ANY weight so I hope the baby holds out another 18 days before making me pop!! lol I swear I look like I am 9 months today though!! Must be all of the water I am drinking!! I am 16 weeks today!! How exciting! I cant believe how fast this is going!! Whats a low lying placenta? (pregnancy brain!!)

Honey-I cant believe you are 5 months already! congrats!!

Hey Sunchic!! Havent heard from you in a while!! Glad you had a good vacation! Let me tell you I am SICK of Chicago weather!! I cant wait til its like 80!! Hopefully the day of my wedding! lol =)

SMOGY
03-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Lauren - How exciting for the wedding. Mine was supposed to be this August but when we found out about being preg and then it being two of them, we postponed it till next june. I knew I would be too busy with newborn twins to plan it properlly. Would have loved to do it before they arrived like you are though.

Sky - That sounds fab, I have found people are being really good offering us things as well. Beggers cant be choosers I say and I take everything they offer. Babies are expensive enough!

Chinook - Glad you and baby are doing well,the LO certainly sounds very active! Can dh feel it kicking yet through the bump? My DH cant yet and I dont really know when they are supposed to be able to????

sunchic - Glad you had a good vaccation. How nice would a nine months preg vacation be! I could definately do with that!

Honey - Glad you and baby are good!

Trying - So glad things are going well for you!!! Sorry you didnt get to find out the sex! I hope you get another u/s to find out!

Sounds like we got some shy babies here keeping their gender a secret. I wanted to find out the sex of ours but DH really didnt and I said from the beginning that it was up to him so I let him have his way in the end. Got my 24 wk appt this week so hoping that goes well. I always get abit nervous before the appointment. There is lots of movement going on all the time but I cant tell which baby is moving so I worry if they are both ok or not! Fingers crossed everything should be fine though!

Laurend0517
03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
smogy-I kinda wish I would have waited!! They say stress is not good for the baby and thats all planning a wedding is!! We got engaged on New Years Ever and getting married March 21!! Not even 3 months to plan it!! Its is SOOOO hard!! And being emotional does not make it easier!! I cry over everything!! Luckily we have been together 8 years so he knows its the hormones!! lol Good luck at your 24 weeks apt!!

tryin'4#1
03-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi Girls!

Lauren- I think I have been to a wedding at that country club- a looong time ago though! It was pretty. I don't know how you are planning this in 3 months though! Try not to stress too much, and I was someone who anticipated things going wrong- I got sent the wrong flowers, the florist decided to send me peach and white instead of red because 'they thought' it would look better with my dresses, my DH forgot the rings in the hotel room and had to have someone run back to get them, I didn't notice this, but it is funny now...I guess the guy got back with the rings about 3 mintues before the ceremony! Those are the times you can laugh about...The low lying placenta means it is not covering the cervix (that is placenta previa) but that I should just be watched, and of course no s-e-x because I might bleed. 'Normally' your placenta is on the upper 1/2 of your uterus, mine is on the lower closer to the cervix. The OB said the only place for it to grow was up though, and not to worry too much!

shy- I am not too particular either when people are willing to give me things! Wow- an entire van full? You lucky girl!

smogy- Glad to see you on here. Hope those babies are doing well. I always get nervous before appointments too. I always wonder if they will find the heartbeat, etc. How do they do it with 2? Can they find 2 separate ones?

chinook- You are moving forward nicely- I still give you credit for not finding out the genders!

sunchic- Glad to see you on 2nd tri!

SMOGY
03-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Lauren - It will all be worth it in the end, and it will be nice to be married when the baby arrives. I dont care about having children before marriage, we are not religeous or anything, but I do kinda wish we had doen it before just so we would all have the same surname. Its silly really but it would have just been nice.

Trying - Yes they can find two seperate one, although one or the other is always hiding and it takes a while. By which time I am mentally panicking! lol!

Appointment went well, both babies had strong hearbeats..one at 145 and the other 150. According to the info I read that means they are probably girls if the hb myth is true. But on my other appointment they said the hb indicated one of each so who knows.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Bethshine
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey girls,

Just checking in and reading everyone's updates. I'm sorry I'm not going to do personals, but I'm just finally up and on the computer after being down with some horrible, nasty virus for a few days. I don't think it's the actual flu b/c I did have a flu shot (though I know it's still possible to get the flu anyways) but it's only been 3 days and today I don't think I'm going to die, so I hope this means I'm on the upswing. :) The fever and chills and body aches are the worst though, especially when all I can take is tylenol. And OMG my poor, sore, sensitive nipples when I have the chills...I WANTED TO REMOVE MY BOOBS FROM MY BODY. Not even joking.

Unfortunately it's an insane week for DH at work, so he's been working long hours, but when he has been home he's been taking good care of me. And, fortunately he did say home Tues. a.m. to take me to the doctor. I had the chills so violently overnight, he didn't want me to drive. My fever spiked to over 101 so I felt like I shouldn't play with that and went in for sick call hours. Fortunately my Doc had clinic. Basically, just tylenol every 4 hours and he gave me phenegren since I'd been a little nauseated that a.m., in case this was a stomach virus. But the nausea really only stuck around Tues. for a while, but the phenegren helped me sleep. Trying to stay hydrated, though I haven't felt like eating much. And, of course, the LO is doing just fine, seemingly unaffected. :)

That said, I hope everyone is staying WELL. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. And now I just pray DH doesn't get it. However bad I feel when I'm sick, it is so much worse to have a sick husband. Man are they big babies!!!

Hugs to everyone. I'll try to check in again soon.

esarah
03-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry it's been a while since I have been on. Things have not been going as smoothly here as everyone would like and I have mostly either been at some doctor's office or laying down.

Beth- Sorry you have been sick! Phenergan is good stuff and helps a ton with sleep. I take it for my migraines since there isn't much else I can take right now. Even when I can take something else it's a narcotic and I take the phenergan to avoid nausea from that. I hope that you are feeling better really soon! Keep drinking lots of fluids. Even if you can't eat for now as long as you are able to keep fluids in you, you and the baby should be ok until you are better!

Smogy- So glad that both babies sound great! It will be fun to see what the genders of your babies are when the time comes!

Hey Tryin'! How are things going?

Lauren- Sounds like things are staying very busy for you!

Shy- isn't it great to be given lots of great baby stuff?!

Sunchic- Good to see you here. I bet it was so nice to have a good vacation!

Chinook- I read your other post about your contractions. I hope you are able to figure something out very soon!

I can't believe it is March already! I have been dealing with preterm labor and it is not fun. I did see the high risk OB yesterday and he is putting me on progesterone shots once a week (heck, I take two shots a day, what's one more a week?) to calm my uterus and hopefully prevent or at least postpone going into full blown preterm labor. Our first goal is to make it to 34 weeks. After that, anything more is a bonus! They were going to give me my first shot yesterday but they didn't have one at that office (they have 3 offices) and so they checked their other offices and they only had expired stuff so I have to wait until Monday for them to get some in. In the meantime, I am supposed to be staying on strict bedrest and go to L&D with more then 6 contractions in an hour or anything else that seems strange. Right now my three year old is telling me that she NEEDS me to get up and help her o potty (she has been potty trained and going on her own for a long time now) and I am not supposed to be getting up. She is crying and very sad that I can't help her so I am going to go help her now. This is going to be a long 4 days but there is hope in sight!

Laurend0517
03-06-2009, 10:51 AM
aww Sarah I am so sorry. Try to take it easy!! I hope your little bean stays in for a couple more weeks!

Beth-I'm sorry you have been so sick!! I hope you start to get better soon!

Smogy-glad to hear your apt went well! HB's sound good! I think mine was at 141 at 14w1d.

honey19
03-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Sarah, it just sounds like you can't catch a break over there! I hope things get better and that bedrest keeps that baby in there until after 34 weeks.

Beth, I am sorry that you are so sick! But I agree, men are such big babies when they are sick!!! I always joke with DH that this is the reason that women have babies and not them..can you imagine a man in labor!? it makes me giggle just thinking about it...haha

Smogy, I am glad you and your babies are doing well! Its funny that you say those heartbeats mean girls, but I have heard the opposite. You gotta love old wifes tales! I just think it is funny that people say things like "you are carrying high, that means boy", and then another person will say that carrying high means girl. It is really fun to guess though:)

Lauren, good luck with the planning! Weddings are so stressful to plan! I wasn't pregnant planning mine and I still cried a lot...lol

Skykat, how awesome that your friend gave you all of those things! I love hand me downs! We are getting a ton from my aunt and uncle who just had 1 and they are done having babies now, so they are giving us all their stuff.

Chinook, I hope we both pass too! I will have to let you know how it goes! You will have to tell me too. Our next appt is on the 6th of April.

I have an ultrasound coming up on the 16th, so a little over a week from now, and I can't wait! I wish I could spy on the little one all the time. I just want to know what it is doing. We call it Sac (for Sara and Chris, it is our initials, and our friends made it up) for now, and it will be Sac until it comes out since we aren't finding out what it is. I am finally done with midterms and I feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders! I guess I underestimated the difficulty of an MBA program at an accredited university. I thought it would be a little easier. lol. Besides that things are all going well here. I have to throw my friend her baby shower on Sunday which should be fun, because I love coordinating those things, but may be a disaster if her tool of a boyfriend decides to forget the manners he doesn't have. I know I am pregnant, but T would not hesistate to take him out back and tear him a new one if he seems remotely ungrateful or rude during the shower. We are the only people throwing them one, so they should be grateful. Anyways, after that I am driving 8 hours home to Wisconsin for the week to work out of the office (I work remotely now) and because my in-laws are throwing me a baby shower! I am really excited to see everyone, but the 8 hours there and back are going to be killer!

tigergal
03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
I hope everyone is having a good weekend. The temps here in GA are in the 70's. It feels like spring already.

Beth - I hope you're enjoying are warm weather. I hope you feel better soon.

Sarah - You can't catch a break with the contractions! I hope that Mark stays put for a while.

Lauren - Weddings are so much fun! Have fun with all of your planning!

Chinook and tryin - hi!

Smogy - glad to hear that both babies are doing well.

shykat - What a great surprise to get all that stuff! We got a lot of hand-me-downs with our first son and it helped out a lot!

honey - I have an appt on the 16th too. My next ultrasound is in April and we'll get to find out the sex.

As for me, all is well. I was a wreck on Friday and Saturday because I turned 16 weeks on Saturday and I lost my second son Aidan at 16 weeks. I've been so nervous this past week, but I made it through with lots and lots of prayers and tears. I can't wait for my appt on the 16th.

shykat55
03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I had an ultrasound on Thursday and everything is looking good. My LO is measuring about 3 days ahead of schedule. They think it is a boy but not completly sure. I would like to have another ultrasound but I don't know when or if that will happen. Oh yes I have pictures of the back of my van when it was full of the stuff my friend gave me.

sunchic711
03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi Ladies!! Happy Monday! Hope you all are feeling wonderful and glowy! :)

Tiger - i hope you are doing ok this week! I'll keep you and your lo in my thoughts and prayers!

shykat - OMG! Aren't you a lucky duck?! That is so generous of your friend to give you all that great stuff! That easily saved you hundreds of dollars!

honey - hope your shower that you threw for your friend went well! That was really sweet and thoughtful of you to do that! I'm sure it means a lot to her, esp since no one else is throwing them one! Hope your travels were safe and you have fun at your shower!

sarah - i hope things are going well for you and that lo is staying where they belong for a little bit longer! You are such a trooper! And esp with your other lo's "needing" you for things that they were fine doing themselves before...goodness! i can only imagine what it's like to pregnant and already have a couple small children to care for! You're a superstar mom!

This weekend i was out with a friend and she brought up the ring on a necklace test to see what you are going to have and how many, etc. Have you all done this?! It really is a crazy thing to see that ring move on its own!! It actually works on guys too, and it had a pretty good sucess rate for the accuracy on people who already had children. For me, it said 4 - in the order - girl, boy, girl, boy!!! So, i finally got kyle to do it before he went to work yesterday and it did the same for him!! I don't know how far to believe it (not very) but it was fun and entertaining while we did it!!!

Anywho - have a great week ladies and babies!! ;)

honey19
03-10-2009, 02:01 PM
SunChic, I don't think I know how to do that test, but it sounds like fun!

I am back in Wisconsin working and just taking a sec to breathe, so I stopped in to say Hi and that I hope everyone is doing well!

rkingall
03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
hi ladies!

hope you are all well. i've been reading, but not posting... kinda busy lately with work, and i'm finding that i'm way more tired in the 2nd tri than i was in the first. weird, right? i am an avid reader, and now, as soon as i sit on the couch, i fall asleep sitting up! it's crazy.

esarah and chinook - i hope you guys are doing ok. i am worried about pre-term labor, just because, but thanks to you, i think i will recognize the symptoms. stay off your feet and rest!

shy - good on you to get such a booty from your girlfriend! nice stuff!

honey - how did the shower go? everyone on their best behavior?

tigergal - glad you are past week 16. i have no such marker, but i worry alot anyway. as if at any time, something bad will happen.

beth - sorry about the flu. that stinks big time. hope you are on the mend. i hear you on the boobs thing. mine hurt so bad some nights, it's ridiculous. and i know of no assignable cause, other than i'm pregnant.

sunchic - you must tell us how the ring thing works. inquiring minds want to know (and test the theory out!).

lauren - good luck with the upcoming wedding. you really didn't leave much time for planning, but i can speak from experience that some of the nicest, coolest weddings i've been to were planned in short order. i'm sure yours will be too.

apologies if i've missed anyone... i'm spacing it.

++++++++++++

here's my question of the day... what does it mean if your urine is cloudy? i've read everything from UTI to vitamins to hormone changes. i get this off and on lately, and it's not related to how much water i'm drinking (or not drinking). i see the dr. tomorrow, so i will ask, but it sure is strange. any thoughts?

Vero
03-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Renee -- I've been having cloudy urine since my first tri... I had a UTI once (at around 10 weeks) but even after that went away my urine remained cloudy... I have the feeling it is caused by a mix of the hormonal changes plus the extra discharge that mixes with it. I'm sure your doctor will test you for UTIs at every appointment, so if you don't have one, don't worry too much... I guess it just comes with the territory ;)

sunchic711
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
ok - so this is how the ring test works....there are different variations on this, but this one really seems the easiest and most convenient for the supplies needed. You can either use a string or a necklace, whatever you have handy, and slip your ring on it - i think they say about 9" - so an 18" necklace will work. Then hold the string/necklace with the ring on it above your (or the person you are doing it to) wrist/hand very steadily so it's about 1/2"-1" away. Then, wait for the ring to start moving! It will very distinctly go in a circle (which means girl) or back and forth in a line (meaning boy). Most of the time it will stop in between every child you have/going to have. Mine has done rapid fire a couple times just going one right into another, though, too! When it is finished it will stay steady above your wrist and stop going into circles or lines, so you will know it is finished! They say it also accounts for any miscarriages you may have had, so you have to take that into account, too!

It really is crazy to see it move, and the accuracy i have seen it have is just as crazy! A good experiment is to do it on a person who's children you do not know and see how the results come out, just to prove that you aren't the one moving it!

Also, like i said before, i did it to DH and it came out the same as my results!!!

Let me know how it goes for you all!!! It's fun!!

honey19
03-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Sounds like fun! I will have to test it out!

The shower went pretty well. We provided beer for the guys and some alcoholic and non alcoholic punch for the girls. We played what we called the parenting game and battle of the sexes-baby edition, so we kept it pretty neutral. The baby daddy was fairly well behaved. He was better behaved than I thought he would be but he was still making some rude comments when they were opening gifts. I almost walked over to him to tell him to keep his mouth shut if he couldn't say anything nice. He was complaining about how his mom wanted a girl (they are having a boy) so she bought some toys that have pink on them and how they won't f*ing use them and then laugh. Then someone chimed in that babies don't care and they would still be a great thing for them to keep and he said they wouldn't let him play with pink toys..It was just irritating to listen to him. He did say "thanks" to everyone at the end but it didn't sound sincere, so who knows. He said the same thing to me later, but again...not sincere. Overall it went better than I thought and our friend really appreciated it. We were the only people to get them things they needed and not just clothes or blankets that they didn't register for, so at least they got a good start.

I am working out of my office in Wisconsin and the weather is miserable here! The baby is going nuts though. I think it likes it here. haha. I sit down at my desk to work and it feels like it kicks or rolls all day long! It is really fun but it does get a tad distracting. My in laws are throwing me a shower this weekend and I can't wait to see everyone on DH's side of the family. It has been too long! Then I get to trek the 8 hours back home...

Bethshine
03-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Well, looks like I'm joining you, esarah, on bed rest. I went in for a follow up with the high risk OB today. Pickle has gained about 8 oz since my last appt. and is now 1 lb 7 oz. But, the doctor's still concerned that the baby's size is 35th percentile, and especially concerned about the arteries to the uterus having a lot of back flow. So, continue on meds, bed rest, and steroid shots for the next few weeks. If it looks like the blood flow is too backed up and/or the baby isn't growing, then I'll deliver immediately. It was NOT wanted I wanted to hear and frankly the need for steroid shots freaked me out.

Pickle was moving and grooving, though, and giving the ultrasound tech troubles seeing what she needed to see, which was actually pretty funny.

I'm just trying to wrap my brain around all of this and to tell a type A perfectionist to sit down and do NOTHING is not an easy thing to swallow. But it's for the baby and that's all that matters. No standing for more than 5 minutes at a time, no leaving the house unless necessary. She said I'm the kind of case that if they'd not been monitoring it, would just show up and the baby would have died with no warning. Scary, so I guess a) I'm glad we did the maternal serum b/c that's how we found this and b) I have to rest completely. Period.

At least we got our yard sale done and we sold practically everything and made over 200 bucks, so considering, that was good. It was a long, busy weekend but fun to have our friends here, then my sister came to stay Sunday and just left this morning. Now I wish she was back! My high school best friend and her hubby arrive Friday to help my DH redo our laundry room. The new washer and dryer have arrived and the room is practically cleaned out, so we're almost ready for them to come. Poor DH is now going to have to take on so much more since I can't do it anything, and I hate that for him b/c he's so busy. He's done so great helping and taking care of me, especially while I was sick last week.

Anyways, enough about me. I hope y'all are doing well!

esarah - hope you are doing okay and staying off your feet. I can't imagine how hard it is with little ones at home!! You're doing so great. You can make it to 34 weeks! I don't even know what my goal is right now. At least 28, I guess, so we're up to 95% survival rate. Geez this is scary.

Laurend - how are the wedding plans? Just a few more days to go! :) Can't wait to see photos.

Honey - glad the shower went better than expected! You're such a good friend. :) HAve fun at your shower this weekend! I'm sorry school is weighing you down. DH is starting grad school next spring, we expect, if all works out with his timeline and most likely for an MBA. The Army is sending him on their dime, but he gets to pick the program, so I'm proud of him. Now time to work on applications...:) Oh, and I love that you call the baby Sac! That's so cute.

Sunchic- can't wait to find out if you're ring test was accurate! :) Are y'all planning to find out the gender before the baby comes? How exciting!!

Renee- I was more tired (or at least no less tired) 2nd trimester as well. Growing a human is exhausting! Glad you're doing well. RE cloudy urine...mine's not been cloudy so much but definitely a different color/odor. I think it's hormones, and prenatal vitamins. Everything always tests just fine.

Shykat - glad your u/s looked good! Way to go on the free baby gear! How nice!

Tigergal, I'm glad you made it through 16 weeks, but I'm sorry that was so hard on you. Come to infertility support next month if you're up for it! I'm out for a while, I'm afraid, but I know they'd love to have you. And know that we all support you here!! I'm with you, I'm lovin' this weather!! Sadly, I think the rain moves in tomorrow and Friday.

SMOGY - glad the babies are doing well!!

Chinook - how are you?? I hope everything is getting better this week!! Keep your feet up, too.

Tryin' hope you're doing well!

I think I got everyone. Hope y'al lare having a good week. Take care! Grow babies, grow!

esarah
03-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Beth- Wow! That's a lot to take in. I hope that you can make it a lo further then 28 weeks. I had my last baby and 33 weeks and she did great! It's amazing what they can do for these tiny babies. I didn't even have the steroid shots with my little girl and she had no problems with her lungs. I hope that your little one can hang on in there for a good bit longer! Rest, Rest, Rest! It's not easy but it is worth it! If I start having anymore problems or things get worse I will get the steroid shots this time.

I am so tired right now. Who would imagine that laying down all day could be so exhausting!

tigergal
03-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Beth - I'm sorry that you have to be on bed rest. Glad that you got the maternal serum testing done. I go to the dr on Monday and I'm going to have the testing done, as well.

Sarah and chinook - I hope your contractions have slowed down. Rest as much as you can.

That's as far back as I can go right now. I'm exhausted. My 6 yr old has the flu and I've been sleeping on the couch for the past two nights so that my husband can monitor him in our bed. His fever is gone and he is feeling better. Dr is saying that I need to be careful, wash my hands like a maniac, and avoid mouth contact. I definitely don't want the flu!

Thanks for the support ladies. This has been a hard week with my emotions on a rollercoaster. I have to just trust that God will protect this baby. I know that this pregnancy is diffferent, but it's so hard to let go of the fear. Part of the territory, I know. On a brighter note, the baby is moving more now. I love it!

I'll try to do more personals later. I'm off to bed to watch American Idol!

psufan1996
03-12-2009, 04:54 AM
I accidently posted this on the February thread. I guess I am more tired than I thought. LOL

Well I have been MIA since the first tri boards. I have been reading your posts when I can but things have been so crazy here. My husband left for the States in January so I have been working full-time, taking care of my 3 year old and trying to stay awake long enough to get stuff done. We are getting used to DH being gone. In the next month we should know if we will be returning to the USA in June or if he will be coming back to Korea. I am fine either way I just want to know so I can plan my life. Being in limbo is not fun.

As far as the pregnancy goes my quad test came out low risk which was a relief. Last week I had my big ultrasound and that was a little concerning. They kept focusing on the heart. After an hour or so of walking around and coming back I saw my doctor who wants me to come back for a second ultrasound on the 17th. She kept saying there was nothing wrong but that the information was not adequate. In Korean culture they will not usually tell you if there is a possibility of something wrong only if they know for sure. So I don't necessarily believe that everything is ok with the baby's heart. My brother was born with a hole in his heart so I know there is a genetic possiblity (10% chance) that it can happen to my baby. I try not to think about it too much since it is so out of my control. They did say they think we are having another girl but to ask again on the next ultrasound because boys tend to hide :-) I also have had no bleeding this trimester at all!

Well, that is my update. I think about you ladies often even if I am not on here a lot.

Esarah: You are always in my prayers that you and your LO will make it just awhile longer!

Chinook: I hope things are improving with you and that the contractions stop.

Hope all is well with everyone else!

tryin'4#1
03-12-2009, 07:49 PM
psu- I hope that things will work out for you. It has to be very stressful to be in limbo of what you will be doing - staying or moving, and then to have the stress of something that might be wrong with the baby. I think that until you know for sure it is even more stressful- the 'not knowing' if that makes any sense. I will keep you in my thoughts....

tiger- I am sorry that you have a sick one at home! Yes, I do hope you don't get sick!!!

esarah- How are you doing with the bedrest? I know you said you were exhausted. How are the kids treating you?

beth- Wow- what a post...I am sorry that you are stuck with bedrest! I am happy that pickle was moving all over! That must have been fun to see. It sounds like you have a great, helpful husband and some wonderful friends. I know you will do all you can for your little one. Take it easy- hopefully these boards will be hopping so you have something to do!

honey- where are you in WI? I live far north in Illinois. I am glad the shower went well! Wow- people didn't get them things they needed? That is something I am nervous about- getting tons of blankets or something!!

sunchic- Will you find out the sex? I wonder if your 'ring' trick will be right!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone.....I was 'borderline' on my glucose test, some OB's say 130, some say 140, I was 133 so my OB wants me to do the 3 hour. I am going to have to take a 1/2 day off of work, I don't want to! I am going to go on Saturday without an appointment and see if they will let me in. I figure it is worth a try...Hope everyone else is doing well!

honey19
03-13-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't have time for personals. But I hope you are all doing well!

Everything is going well here. I am staying at my mom's while I am back in Oshkosh, and she loves it. She had all kinds of baby stuff that she has been stocking up on. I couldn't help but laugh when she brought it all out. It must have been taking up a ton of room in her closet. lol. She got to feel the baby move so she was really excited. My MIL is now going nuts because she hasn't felt it yet, but she just isn't around when Sac is moving. She is getting a little nuts about it since my mom has already felt the movement. I told her it would happen in time and that hopefully at the shower she would feel it. Wisconsin is having some weird weather, so I hope it calms down for the drive home. Have a great weekend ladies!

berta
03-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi all,

I just came over from the 1st Tri board. Hope all of you are doing fine & having a good weekend so far :)

Looking foward to chatting with you guys!!

kells22
03-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Hey everyone, I know most of you won't really know me but i thought i'd post over here, see hoe everyone is getting on.

Esarah- I hope the bed rest is doing you and Mark good! Hoping he stays put for a long while yet!

tryin- hello! Lovely to see you on the preg thred!

To everyone else, hello, take care and enjoy your pregnancies! xx

ShesAWannaBeHero
03-15-2009, 08:26 AM
I've been missing for a while-just reading and not having a lot of time to post. As a clergy family, the season of Lent is by far the craziest time for us. We have church or work activities every day of the month of March. So by the time I read, I'm wiped! I've been thinking and praying about you ladies.

Welcome to our first trimester friends!!! We're glad you are over here now! It just seems to be flying right on by--well I know that I feel that way totally.

We had to take our Childbirth class this past weekend because they offer them every other month on a Saturday and my doctor didn't want me to wait until mid-May!! So we had to be the only 'early' ones in this class! lol. Although my husband so kindly pointed out that I looked as pregnant as some of the women-not the ones due next month but the May girls! lol. I said, I probably have the same amount of baby as some of them!! lol. I'm glad we did take that class though-getting on the floor that close to delivering twins would have been something of a site and somewhat of an experience! lol.

We found our our big news and a big comfort for us...we will be moving in June. My husband got the call that he will be 'reappointed' begining July 1. We are moving downstate and closer to our families!!!!!! While that is probably the worst time to move-with the boys just arriving, we would have to either move then or wait another year! And we'd rather be near friends and families so that our children grow up with family! :)

Alright-I will have to post more later. I have to bake and get laundry done before services today! Hope you all are doing well. I continue to think about you all...please take care of these precious little ones - you are such beautiful strong women!!!

-Niki

Bethshine
03-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi there!

It's been a long few days. You're right, esarah, who knew bed rest was so UN-restful and exhausting! Plus this BP med still makes me soo sleepy throughout the day. I hope you are doing okay and keeping those feet up, too.

Tigergal - good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

psufan - so glad to hear from you! I've been wondering how you were doing. I hope that the doctors are just being cautious and that everything is great with the baby's heart. It seems like things are okay otherwise? When will DH be home? I know that separation is the worst. I hope you get an answer soon as to whether you're PCS'ing or not. Ahh, love the hurry-up-and-wait Military mentality.

Tryin' - Did you make it in for your 3 hour test yesterday? I hope everything turns out okay!

Honey - yay for your Mom getting to feel the baby move! My sister felt Pickle last week and she was thrilled.

Hi Kells and berta - glad you're in the 2nd trimester!!

Niki - congrats on the big move this summer and the appointment closer to home. I know it'll be hard with the babies coming then, but I know you're glad to be nearer to family. Is your DH a UMC minister?

This is going to continue to be a challenge for me, y'all. I'm just continually reminding myself why I have to do this. Not being able to help at all with the all the construction and goings on this weekend...I couldn't even go pick out flooring or light fixtures! At least it's just a laundry room and I trusted DH and my friend. Unfortunately it was more complicated than expected, as always, and some extra electrical work had to be done. In the end most of it is complete and DH is working on putting things back. I can help organize a little and tell him where I think I want things. My Mom comes tomorrow for a few days, so she can help us keep organizing and finish painting the trim, as well as clean up from all the dust and dirt from the boys coming and going. We used Low VOC paint, so the smells have been minimal for me and Pickle.

I couldn't play on our computer this weekend since the office is adjacent to the laundry room, but my friend's hubby brought his laptop so I spent sometime shopping online for random things I'd been meaning to run errands for (like my favorite Aveda hand lotion) and buying books on breastfeeding, preemies, and nursing bras, in case this baby does come sooner rather than later. I figure at least I can try and be as prepared as possible!

Hope everyone is doing okay. Anyone do anything fun to celebrate St. Patrick's Day early?? Take care!

honey19
03-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Welcome to second tri Berta and Kells!

It seems like the boards have been so slow! Where is everyone? We have an ultrasound today so I am getting really excited! I can't wait to see the baby again. I just hope I don't see any girl/boy parts since we don't want to know the sex...Some people want to find out and the baby isn't cooperative...With our luck we will see by accident.. haha!

Laurend0517
03-16-2009, 12:35 PM
ITS A GIRL!!!! We found out on Saturday!!

I totally thought it was going to be a boy! All of the signs pointed to boy but low and behold it is a girl! We are really excited!! My husband to be (in 5 days!!!) couldnt be any happier! He is on cloud nine!! They mentioned my placenta being huge again so I think I am going to ask my dr on Wednesday about it. We are going to be making a apt for the level 2 ultrasound so hopefully they can look at it a little closer then! I cant believe we are having a little girl!! Alyssa Anne is what we are naming her! And I am getting married in 5 days!!! I cant believe all of this!! =)

peakkm
03-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Lauren-CONGRATS!!! How exciting! Good luck with your wedding! I love the name Alyssa by the way!

sunchic711
03-16-2009, 05:29 PM
CONGRATS Lauren!!! That is so exciting!! I bet you are on cloud 9!! I'm so jealous that you already got to find out!! We have an appt tomorrow and i am going to ask our dr. if she'll put in the orders for our 20 week ultrasound!

Welcome and ((HUGS)) to the 2nd Tri newbies!!

Sounds like everyone is busy, busy, busy! Spring time will do that, though! I am so happy and crossing my fingers that this nicer, warmer weather is here to stay! I have all kinds of projects that are on the list to get done this spring/summer!

Hope everyone has a great St. Patrick's Day tomorrow!!

esarah
03-16-2009, 09:05 PM
I am so aggravated! I just lost a bunch of personals. I have all of the stuff I wrote about me though because I wrote it on the mom's preggo boards too. So all is not lost.
I will try and post personals a little later. Right now I have a horrible headache and took a percocet that I was given for when they get this bad and I am feeling nauseous and loopy for the moment. Hopefully I will feel better enough to post personals again later tonight.

As for me... Well, not a lot new. I was supposed to get my progesterone shot today because you are not supposed to go more then a week without it but I am waiting until Wednesday to get it so that I can get it a couple miles from my house instead of having to travel 25 miles to get it. The doctor has an office by my house and he is there only on Wednesdays. It is so strange to go and get a shot at the doctor's office since I give myself 2 shots a day (and right now 4 because my doctor messed up the dosing on my heparin) but this is an intramuscular shot and my doctor likes to have it done only in the hip since it is so thick so either dh can give it to me or I can go get it. If I go on they can watch my bp too so I just go in and dh is a wimp when it comes to needles anyway.

I have been having a lot of contractions all weekend. I did way too much. I really wish I could get up and do more but I can't. It scares me. If I have too many more contractions all at once I will go in to L&D. Every time I get up I have so much pressure in my pelvis it hurts a lot too. I am also having a lot of hip and lower back pain. All of this makes it really hard for me to move or sleep. Dh was laughing at me because I was really struggling to take the ten steps from our bed to the bathroom all evening and night on Saturday. I did not think it was funny though. I still have 13 weeks left too!

People from church are bringing us dinner once a week until we have the baby unless things get worse and we need it more. Then they will bring it more. They have also offered to watch the girls or come and clean my house. I am very grateful for their offers and help. It will really help to not have to worry about dinner once a week.

I will start NSTs in the next 2-3 weeks. I look forward to them as I like to get out of the house and I like to just lay there in the comfy chair and listen to my baby's heartbeat and relax.

I am still in shock that I passed the 3 hour GTT. It is nice to not have to worry about it for now though. I am still being super careful about what I eat. I am also hoping that Mark won't be huge if I make it to term. I am not too worried though because my doctor told me that when I had Leata that I am built to deliver babies and I should be able to deliver a 9 and even 10 pound baby if I needed. I had a small episotmy with Leata, she was 7 lbs and I wouldn't have even torn or needed that except they had to use the vacuum extractor to turn her head because she was sideways and stuck.
Taylor was bad though and I had a second degree tear with her. She was 4.5 pounds and I tore with her because she came so fast. So size doesn't scare me as much as how fast they come.

Ok, now I am just going on and on but that is what's gong on with me. Just taking things day by day and week by week with the progesterone shots.

tigergal
03-16-2009, 09:23 PM
honey - any news on the ultrasound?

lauren - Congratulations on a girl! How exciting!

sarah - I'm so sorry you are still having such a hard time. Hope these 13 weeks fly by and that your contractions slow down. I know it is easier said than done, but please take it easy.

beth - hope all is well with bedrest.

sunchic - hi!

Hi to the other ladies!

My appointment went very well today and the baby has a VERY strong heartbeat! Music to my ears! All is going well. I've gained 7 pounds so far. My dr is testing my thyroid and I also got the maternal screening done. Our next appt is on April 13 where will find out the sex! I'm so excited!

ashleynicholas
03-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi Everyone-
I haven't been on here before except when I was in the fertility forum freaking out way before I should have been. It only took me 6 weeks to get pregnant which I am so greatful for. I couldn't find the forums again until recently. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant. (I think I am in the right spot)
Everything is going pretty well so far. I do have a slight gestational diabetes problem but it is very well under control and for that I am thankful.
I can't get past the worrying though! I worry about worrying! It is rediculous. I really hope that talking to other mommy's to be will ease my mind a bit.
I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Ashley

rkingall
03-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi Ladies,

Ashley & Berta Welcome! Ashley, good to hear that your GD is under control. Hope you ladies enjoy the 2nd tri.

Tigergal A strong heartbeat is always good!

Esarah Sorry to hear youre still having such a hard time with the pre-term ctxs, but so nice for you to have folks from church to help out! Please take it easy.

Sunchic Im right there with you on the project list. I have a ton of things I want to accomplish this Spring. My flower gardens are first on the list and I need to get them spruced up before summer when I think Ill be too big and/or tired to do it. If only the weather would get warmer here!

Lauren Yay for you! A little girl!

Apologies to others Ive missed my retention powers are waning fast these days

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, I had a follow-up appt last week with the OB and my blood pressure is just ever so slightly elevated. Hes not too concerned, but Ive reduced my sodium intake and am trying to walk 30 minutes every day as opposed to every other day now. Hope this helps. So far, I have gained only 4 pounds and I have no swelling to speak of. I worry that Im not drinking enough water since Im not peeing as much as I thought I would be. Oh, and the doc wasnt worried about the cloudy urine, since mine is still clear of protein and sugars.

The good news is that the doc went over all the genetic testing I had done (only blood tests and u/s, btw nothing invasive) and he worked up a risk analysis. Based on the outcomes of all the other tests (which were negative), the risk of Downs for my baby are now 1 in 9000, which is SUPER for my age, all things considered. I am a bit relieved.

My boobs are still sore on a daily basis and my nipples absolutely ache at night (especially if Im cold), which keeps me from freaking out since I am not showing yet, not wearing maternity clothes and I can not feel any kicking or baby movement. We decided to wait until 20 weeks exactly to do the anatomy scan, since every other u/s has shown that baby to be measuring smaller than the calculated age. That scan is scheduled for 3/26, and we will find out the sex. I know that Ill relax a little more once the scan is done and we know everything is ok with the baby. I wish there were a way to check on her/him daily, you know? Someone mentioned the equivalent of an oven light one time lol wouldnt that be neat?

Anyway, Happy St. Pats!

Renee

honey19
03-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Happy St. Patricks Day Ladies!

Our Ultrasound went great yesterday. it lasted about an hour and the tech went through and checked for any possible genetic issues or any potential health issues that could be there and so far everything looks great! The baby was moving quite a bit and wouldn't cooperate for pictures, so we didn't get many good ones. I had to lay on my side, then my back, then my side again then my back, just to try and get a profile picture of the little one. He/She just didn't want a face shot i guess. Haha. It cooperated as far as not letting us know what gender it is, so we were very happy. I still think Boy, DH still thinks Girl.

Renee, I am glad your genetic testing went so well! What a relief!

eSarah, It sounds like you have a great support system. you are so lucky to have people at your church that are so willing to help out. Keep resting girl, and keep that baby in!

Tiger, Great news about the heartbeat! It feels great to hear that doesn't it!? I bet you can't wait to find out what you are having! I can't wait to meet the little one and find out what we are having.

Ashley, Welcome to the second tri!

SunChic, I am crossing my fingers too about the warm weather...Lets hope it stays!

Lauren, Alyssa Anne is beautiful! and yay for getting married in less than a week!

tryin'4#1
03-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi Girls!

Lauren- congrats on your little girl! How exciting! I think the name is pretty too- how are the wedding plans going?

esarah- You are lucky to have such a supportive church! If they are offering, I would take them up on it. You should not be doing much, if anything!

honey- I feel you pain on not getting a good shot of your little one! They couldn't get a good shot for me either, and it is frustrating. I think I remember you said you weren't going to find out the sex so that is ok he/she wouldn't let you get a good picture. Are you feeling movements yet?

rking- good for you for walking each day. I have not been as good...

ashley- welcome!

sunchic- I have lots of projects I want to do too, however, it involves more so me 'managing' and having my husband do them- moving the queen bed to my parents house, moving some of his stuff to his parents house.....now if I could only get him to do it....ugh! What do you plan on doing? Have you started a baby's room yet?

tiger- Don't you love those words 'a very strong heartbeat'? I love hearing them too!

beth- How are you haning in there? I think of you when I am on here.

shesawanna- How great you get to move by famliy! Yes, a pain with the twins, but still will be great!!

Anyone I missed- I am sorry!

Good news about me- I passed my 3 hour glucose! I was pretty surprised....I just thought I would fail and was prepared to hear that I did so when the nurse called today I was thrilled! I have been feeling the baby move too- it is so funny feeling. I mostly feel it in the AM while I am at my computer and then at night. So strange....but wonderous.

psufan1996
03-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's day. We cooked so much corn beef and stew that I am done with Irish food for awhile!

Sarah and Tryin: Congrats on passing your 3 hour GTT! You both must be relieved

Tigergal: Yay for a strong heartbeat. I never get tired of hearing that sound!

Ashley:Welcome. I am glad that your GD in under control. I have my test April 11th and I am not looking forward to drinking that stuff.

Everyone else: Hope you are all doing well

As for me, I had my follow-up ultrasound yesterday. My doctor is the one who actually did this ultrasound. She said she was able to get 80% of the views she wanted of the heart and she thinks that she sees a ventricular septal defect (hole in the heart). She is not 100% sure and I am scheduled for another follow-up on April 11th. She did say it is small if anything. So, of course last night I was up to 1:00 am researching on the internet. Turns out that MTHFR and prometrium in the first trimester can both cause ventricular defects. And my brother was born with a hole in his heart too, so there is the genetics. After reading a ton of research it looks like they don't really know what causes this defect, but it could be genetics mixed with environment. I have the genetics and the MTHFR and prometrium added the environment. I am just trying to process it all and hope that in a month they will find that the hole closed on its own or that she was mistaken and it was just something benign that she saw. Either way, I leave for Bali in 16 days and I am just going to enjoy the time on the beach with my daughter and try not to worry about it. If it is a hole, the success rate of surgery today is wonderful and all things lead me to believe that she will lead a normal, healthy life.

Well, I have to get back to work.

chinookpilotswife
03-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Welcome to everyone new to the 2nd trimester!

Bethshine...I hope that you and your little one are doing well. I definitely feel your pain with having to be on bedrest. I am the type of person who wants to be able to do everything and it is killing me. I really hope that the resting helps you though and that you are able to keep that little one in there for as long as possible. I know how scary it is to think that the baby could come soon.

Kim...it is good to see you around again. I really hope that everything works out with your little one and that the doctor is wrong about the hole. I am sure the next month will seem like forever but enjoy your time with your little girl in Bali!

Lauren...congrats on the little girl! How exciting! Good luck at with the wedding as well!

tryin'...congrats on passing the glucose test!! I have mine in 2 weeks and I really hope I pass too. How fun that you are feeling the baby. I love feeling the baby move. It is very reassuring.

honey... I am glad that your little one is doing well. Sorry it was being stubborn and wouldn't let you get a good shot. I am glad that you didn't accidentally find out the sex. I was worried about that too but I didn't see either.

rkingall...I hope that your bp stays under control. I am really glad that your results came back good. 1 in 9000 is a great number. Good luck at your next ultrasound! I hope that your little one cooperates so you can find out what you are having.

tigergal...I am so happy that your little one had a strong heartbeat. It truly is music to your ears to hear that little heartbeat. Good luck at your u/s I hope you get a good view :)

Sarah... I hope that your headache went away. What does the progesterone shot do? I hope that your contractions slow down. I had a really bad bout of them last night. They were pretty strong and 3 min. apart. They were like that for an hour and a half and then finally spread back out. I am so sick of these contractions as I am sure you are too. Try to take it easy. I know that it is hard. I think I over did it yesterday too. I am glad that you have a good church family to help out. I am sure it helps. And congrats on passing the 3 hr GTT!

chinookpilotswife
03-18-2009, 03:02 PM
As for me, I am just trying to take it day by day. I am still having contractions. Last night was a miserable night for me. I was having my typical contractions but then they got much worse and were 3 min. apart. For an hour they were really strong and then started to let up. By an hour and a half they were spread back out. But now today I am really sore. I called the clinic this morning and they made me come back in to get checked. Thankfully my cervix is still closed! I am really tired today though after only sleeping for 3 hours last night. I just really hope that these contractions go away and that I can make it to term.
On a happier note, I am almost to the 3rd trimester. It is a relief with all the contractions to be entering the 3rd trimester because the end is more in sight. And I can't believe that I have less than 100 days left. I just hope it goes fast.
Hi to anyone I missed! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your little ones!

SMOGY
03-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Chinook - I am so sorry you are having such a rough time of it!! Really glad the cervix is staying firmly closed for you though!

psufun - Really hope the doc turns out to be mistaken and everything is just fine. If not like you said there is such a good success rate treating holes in the heart now I am sure you LO will be just fine and have a happy and healthy life, It is still a worry for you though and I hope the next four weeks go quick and you get good news then!

Honey - Glad the LO is doing well. Sounds very active. I never get a good pick of both babies one of them is always refusing to cooperate!

Trying - Great news about the glucose test!! I know what you mean about the movements, I find it totally amazing. It sometimes freaks me out too though. when both babies turn at the same time it feels like all my insides are flipping over - its so weird! Weird but wonderful!

rkingall - Not long till you find out the sex then!! Hoe exciting! I'm with you on the oven light. I never knew how much I would worry. I keep thinking after so many weeks or so and so appointment I will relax - I just never do. I dont think we will until we all get the babies here safe and well. and then we will spend the next 18 years worrying about them lol!

Ashley - Welcome back to the boards! I am sure you will find all the women on ehre very helpful and reassuring!

tigergal - Glad the LO is doing well and has a strong hb! I love hearing the HB's it makes it all real to me!

esarah - I am sorry you are having such a hard time!! It is great that people are offering to help so much!! I am thinking of you!

Kells - I remember you from the fertility board! Congratulations on baby #2 that is fabulous news! How is you little boy doing? Nice to see you on here again!

Sorry for everyone I have missed, been MIA again for past week or so, so will struggle to catch up on everyone! I have been reading the posts, but mainly in work and I cant reply ont he works computer! I hope everyone is doing well. I so cannot believe that I am 27 weeks next week and in the third trimester! The beginning of the pregnancy went really slow but since 20 weeks it has flown by!! Had a scan last week at 25 wks to check on the babies growth and they are both doing fab, they are bang on traget size for a singleton pregnancy so thats good! Only problem is when I go in for scans / appointments where the examine my belly I can only lie flat on my back for a very very short time and I suddenly come over all faint and get all sweaty and clammy. Anyone else have this? Its a horrible feeling and means I dont really get to enjoy seeing the babies or hearing their hb's because I am just desperate to get up!

esarah
03-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Tiger- So glad that your appointment went well!

Ashley- Hi and welcome!

Renee- I am so happy to hear that your genetic testing came back great! What a relief. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to keep your blood pressure in check.

Honey- So glad that your ultrasound went well! My little guy made it impossible for us to see his face at the 20 week ultrasound. He was head up and towards my back. Silly little babies that don't want their mommies to see them!

Tryin'- Yay for passing the GTT! AWESOME!!! I was so in shock and I still am really, that I passed. I have had GD with my two other pregnancies.

Psu- Sorry about the nerve wracking ultrasound. I hope that the baby was just moving too much that the doctor was wrong about that and your next ultrasound is great! If there s a problem though, it's great that they can catch it now so you can know what will need to be done. I am glad that it looks like if there is a problem that there is a good chance that it can be fixed.

Chinook- So sorry you are still having contraction issues. It's wonderful that your cervix is still closed though! Resting is hard but if it helps the baby stay in there longer it is so worth it!

Smogy- it's great to hear from you! I am so glad that your babies are looking great! Sorry it's so hard for you to be able to go and lay on your back. I bet that is from the extra pressure of two babies!

Well, I am 27 weeks today! I can't believe I have made it to the third trimester!

Things are going ok here. I was having lots of contractions that were getting pretty painful the last few days. I got my progesterone shots and it seems that it is helping. Still not taking all the contractions away (I say as I am experiencing one right now...)but, it does seem to help them to be further apart and if I am laying on my side most of the time they stay away pretty well.

Bethshine
03-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Congrats on the baby girl, Laurend! :) Happy almost wedding day. Are you so excited? Be sure to post some pictures!

Honey, I'm glad the u/s went well and everything looks great. Yay for keeping the sex a surprise! DH and I were laughing that we don't want to know, either, and now I'm having ultrasounds twice a week for the foreseeable future. They ask me each time, "are you sure you don't want to know?"

Renee - I LOVE the oven light idea! I'm so glad your genetic test results came back looking great. I hope the BP doesn't continue to give you issues. I certainly know it's nothing to play with.

Tigergal - glad you're doing well. April 13th will be here soon!

Ashley - welcome to the 2nd tri!

Tryin' - so glad you passed the 3 hour GTT! It is wonderful feeling the baby move, isn't it? I've just started to see my belly move on occasion, too, which is cool. Weird, but cool.

esarah - I'm sorry you've been plagued by stronger contractions the last few days, but I'm glad it seems the progesterone is helping at least spread them out. So glad you passed the 3 hour test! One less thing to worry about. I'm sooo glad you have help, too, with meals, etc. We've also been very fortunate to have friends from church and Army friends setting up meal schedules. It's been very helpful to me, and to DH.

Sunchic - have fun doing spring projects! It's so beautiful here, I want to get out and garden and I have a strong urge to finish arranging my laundry room and scrub various corners of my house. I'm nesting and I CAN'T DO ANYTHING! Haha. Cruel and unusual punishment, I tell you.

Psufan, I'm sorry the scan didn't reveal exactly what you hoped, but I'm glad they may have caught it early and if it is what the doctor things, it can be repaired with great success. I just found out I also have MTHFR, and so that's been contributing to my BP problems. I'm glad I know now!

Chinook - I'm doing okay, thanks. I'm sorry you've had a rough few days. Are you on complete bed rest now? I hate that the contractions are keeping you up. They still haven't given you anything to stop them? I guess since you're not dilating, maybe? Blah. Do you use a doctor/hospital on post (or base)? I'm still trying to figure out now where I'll HAVE this baby since I'm high risk and the hospital that we deliver at is off post and is low risk only. So annoying trying to figure out all the referral stuff.

SMOGY - yay for those good lookin' healthy babies! I'm sorry it's so much pressure to lay on your back for scans, etc. They're right when they say you'll know when you can't do it anymore, huh?

Well, just a few more days and like esarah, SMOGY, chinook (and anyone else?) I'll be 3rd trimester. Thank goodness! I had a good report at the doctor on Tuesday. The dopplers on my arteries looked the best yet, all forward flowing blood, no stopping, no backflow. She was very happy and so I must be doing something right. But it's SO HARD. I go back tomorrow, but she said if I keep looking this "boring" then I might get to go only once a week. Although my doctors outings are what I get to look forward to during the week. Hehe.

Like I said, I'm nesting like crazy and can't do squat about it. My parents come back next weekend with our glider/rocker so DH and Dad can finish up some painting touch ups and we can decide on a final arrangement for Pickle's room and get everything hung up on the walls. That'll make me very happy. I needed a changing table still (was going to paint the one my parents' still had, but it ended up not being in good enough shape) and an end table for the room, and instead of shopping around town for consignments to paint, I just ended up buying the matching changing table online, and I found an inexpensive end table as well. Probably easier, I was just hoping to be economical and more eco-friendly. But this baby has other plans, clearly. He/she is movin' and groovin' these days. Tuesday's scan was adorable with 2 little hands under the chin. Very cute!

Three of my girlfriends gave me a three month Netflix subscription today, so that was very sweet. Now I need to go online and set it up! That gives me something to do tomorrow. :)

Happy Friday everyone!

honey19
03-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Beth, I hope they don't ask me that. I think I would eventually cave. I am so curious, but I love surprises! I thought I am having a boy the entire pregnancy but now I am thinking Girl. It should be interesting to see what the little one is! The wondering is so fun, but it is driving me nuts too! I see my belly move too. It is fun but it makes the whole thing really sci-fi!

I am glad all you ladies will be making it to 3rd tri soon, but we will miss you over here. I can't wait to join all of you too. You will be in the home stretch soon!

eSarah, hopefully those contractions calm down. Props to you, I don't think I could handle everything as well as you are.

Smogy, I am glad your babies are doing so well. It is great to hear!

Chinook, I hope those contractions stop for you too, but at least you will be in the third trimester. Maybe your body is just practicing early :) It is just too bad that they are causing you so much discomfort.

Things here have finally calmed down a bit. DH and I have been in Limbo with our plans after the baby is born for a couple months now. I will finish my degree shortly after the baby is born, and we were trying to figure out whether we would stay here or leave. Our issue was that DH wanted to stay and Coach as he is very attached to his athletes, but he was working a full time job in admissions, and then volunteer coaching on top of it. He wouldn't get home until 7 or 8 at night and then he would be gone on weekends for meets. If we stay here I would have to drive an hour to and from work and that would leave the little one in daycare for about 12 hours. I told him he can't coach and do admissions, but the athletic dept doesn't have money in their budget to hire him on even though they want to. Him being away so much would cause a strain on us and our child so we had to talk about other options. When I went back to Wisconsin my boss offered me a full time job (we knew he was going to) so we had to decide what to do and the choice seemed pretty obvious. Once DH found out that someone he used to coach would take over coaching for him as a graduate assistant, he felt better about leaving and told me that it was time for us to leave SD. So now it looks like shortly after the baby is born we will be moving back to Wisconsin. It will be nice since we will be closer to family, but that will also be hard for us. I don't like too much family intervention when it comes to our lives, because his side tends to tell us what to do and how to do it. I don't take well to being told what to do when it comes to our life. Anyways, now that I have ranted on and on...I hope you all have a great weekend!

tryin'4#1
03-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone!

Honey- Glad you finally feel a bit more settled with a decision of what to do when the baby is here. It is tough- you don't want too much family intervention, however, it will be nice for them to know their grandparents, and you can always take them home or not see them if you want!!

chinook- Are you still having contractions?

Just wanted to say hi to everyone....not much going on here!

tigergal
03-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi ladies! Glad to see everyone is doing well. I haven't been on in a few days because my mom was in town. I'll try to catch up on personals later. Looks like my son is coming down with a second round of the flu! I guess it just suppressed itself and is was not totally gone like we thought. We are going to take him to the clinic today when it opens.

DH and I got a great deal on baby bedding and decorations at Babies R Us. They are discontinuing their Amy Coe line and everything in the line was 75% off! I got a 4-piece bedding set, a mobile, 2 pieces of wall art, a trash can, a pillow, 6 receiving blankets, two changing pad covers, and storage boxes all for $119!!! I was so excited! I bought another bedding set set a few weeks ago but returned it after I found this great steal. Amy Coe's cribs are also on clearance. I thought you might want to check out the deals if you have a Babies R Us near you.

I've been feeling pretty good these days. I finally ate a hamburger after about a month of meat aversion. Baby is moving around and kicking pretty regularly!

Bethshine
03-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Blah, I just got back from the doctor and she said "I hope you don't think you are going to have a vaginal delivery". Seems I had a contraction (which I didn't feel) while they were looking at the dopplers on the umbilical cord and the blood flow backed up, so she's almost certain the baby won't handle labor. Sigh.

But we just keep waiting. I'm doing better than I should be, she thinks. It's just frustrating.

Anyways, I'm just venting here. DH's car just pulled in the driveway and I'm supposed to be laying down. :) I'm 27 weeks so I guess I'm heading to the 3rd trimester!! See y'all over there soon!!

Honey, good luck with moving plans! I'm sure the timing is off, but I hope it's a good change. And one you can perhaps make to a part of town that's not so close to the family. :)

Tigergal - way to go on the great sale at BRU!! I mailed our fabrics to my friend's mom who is making the curtains, crib skirt, etc. this past week so I hope I have something to show off sooner rather than later!

Hi Tryin' and everyone else! Hope y'all are having a good Monday.

ShesAWannaBeHero
03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Well I miss you ladies-We just got home from my family downstate. They had our two family showers this weekend because they didn't want me to travel that far away once I hit the 3rd trimester!! I just can't believe how close it is getting. We got 99% of our big stuff this weekend and we are both still in awe at how many people are loving and caring about these little boys!

Anyway-I will update at some point. Just wanted to say hello to everyone!!!!!! Have a good week....

-Niki

Laurend0517
03-24-2009, 09:42 AM
well ladies I'm married!! The weather was AWESOME!! (thank god no rain!!) There was no major mess ups. I couldnt have drempt of anything better!! Now all of my time is going to be focused on the baby.

I did have a little scare though and need your advise. I went to my dr last Wednesday and showed him the pictures from the 3D ultrasound I had. I asked him what he thought of my fluid and placenta and he scheduled me for an ultrasound the next day! Scared the day light out of me!! So we went to the hospital. We could barely see the baby! The pictures were horrible!! We were trying to do the level 2 where the measure all of the organs and you couldnt even see the heart beating on the screen. I was so scared. Not to mention on Wednesday the heartbeat was 142 and when we went for the ultrasound it was only 124!! I immediately asked why it dropped and they said as long as it is between 120-160 it is ok. It really scares me that it is almost below normal. We didnt get anything out of the ultrasound. I have to go again at 22 weeks (4 weeks from now) because they said that the insurane wouldnt cover if I went every week. I am really freaking myself out. What if the babies heartbeat is low because there is not enough amniotic fluid?? Any advise ladies? I dont know what to do and the next four weeks are going to kill me!!!

peakkm
03-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Lauren-Congrats on getting married!! As far as low amniotic fluid, drink tons and tons of water. Not sure how much it will help, but before my 3d u/s I was told to drink tons of water the week before to make sure there was plenty of fluid to see the baby better. I hope you will get a better u/s soon!! And don't be afraid to go to L&D if you feel something just isn't right!

Laurend0517
03-24-2009, 11:13 AM
I was told to drink lots of water before the 3D ultrasound and I did. When I went to the hospital for the level 2 ultrasound though, the dr told me that the water I drink has nothing to do with the babies amniotic fluid. He said the baby starts making her own fluid at 9 weeks. He said there is nothing I can do to make more of it. Which makes me mad because now it is out of my hands! I am still drinking tons of water just in case he was lieing =)

SharonWA
03-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Well I just had my doctor's appointment today. My baby is doing great, doing somersaults like an athlete in there. The doctor poked at my uterus and we got to see our lo squirm away, so precious. I feel like I have officially reached the second trimester, I am so excited! my next appointment isn't til 20 weeks, hoping we can find out the sex then!

peakkm
03-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Lauren-I just googled it and found that drinking fluids and being rehydrated can help increase amniotic fluids...so I'd just keep on drinking away!

Laurend0517
03-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks peak!! I am definately going to do that!! =)

Sharon-Congrats on seeing your LO!!!

SMOGY
03-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Lauren - Congrats on getting married! That is great news. I also thought that drinking water could affect the fluid. Its good for you anyway so it wont do any harm to drink extra coming up to the scan. I am sure your LO will be just fine, if the doctors were concerned I am sure they would have had you in sooner ! Keep us updated and try not to stress too much the next couple of weeks!

sharon - Glad you LO is doing well.

She's - Glad youa re doing well. I cant believe how quick all these pregnancies are going!! I am in the second tri this week - it feels so unreal still!

beth - Sorry about not being able to have vaginal delivery. As long as you and your LO are both healthy and happy after the baby is born thats all that matters!!

Tiger - Hope your son is better soon! Great news on the bedding deal - what a bargain!

Well we bought our cots last week, but the woman didnt tell me that they came in cream, pine or white..so we just got the cream ones the same as was on display. I assumed thats all they came from. But looking through the babies r us catalogue tonight and I see the white ones. I would rather them in white because it will match the nursery decorations better. I havent opened them yet and have receipts so I am hoping if I phone and explain I will just be able to go in and do a straight swap. What you think?

Also the midwife phoned today and my blood tests came back that I am anemic so when I go in for my 28 wk appt next week they are going to put me on iron tablets. I feel fine and she said its really common so I'm not worried about it.

Anyway cant believe I am 27 weeks this week. looks like I am off to the second tri board!! Will keep coming in to check on you all and look forward to you all joining us over there!!

sunchic711
03-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi Ladies & Babies! Happy Tuesday! Majorly catching up here!!! :)

Lauren - Congratulations on your marriage! That's so good to hear that everything went so well!! You'll have to post some pics for us to see how beautiful you looked! :) Also - try not to worry about the lo...i'm sure she's doing just fine! I would just keep drinking your water and stay positive!

Sharon - So glad that your appt went well! Isn't it so much fun when you have appt's like that, that make you so happy and anxious for your next one?!

Niki - That's so great that you got to spend some time with your family and enjoy your showers - and get most of your needed items!! I am always in awe of how happy and generous people are, as well, when it comes to being pregnant and having babies! Even though it happens everyday, people still get excited and love the joy surrounding new life!

Beth - I hope things improve and work out for you the way you want. Try and stay positive! Babies have a mind of their own and do things that sometimes is thought to not be possible! I bet it is hard, also, to not be able to get around and do the things that you probably "feel" fine to do! That was really sweet of your gf's to give you the netflix subscription, also! How very thoughtful!

Tiger - Way to score on the sales!! That sounds like an amazing deal!! I hope your little boy is doing much better! Last week, I just battled the 2nd round of stomach flu i've had this year! ugh!

honey - It sounds like you are going to be having lots of change in your life all at once! Having a baby, moving back home...but i bet it will be nice to be closer to your family once the baby is here. It might just add a whole another dynamic to your realtionship with your family, and hopefully, a positive one!

Sarah - I hope you are feeling well, and the progesterone shots are getting the job done! Are the other kiddos taking it easy on you?! :) That's really nice, also that your friends at church are helping out with meals. I know that in times of hard circumstances that can make a big difference!

Smogy - that is odd that you have such a rough time when you are on your back when you have your exams - i'm sorry it makes them unenjoyable for you. That's so good to hear that they babes are doing well, though! I think white will be nice, also - versatile for future babies, also!

Renee - So happy for you to hear that everything came out so well with the genetic testing! You find out in a couple day what you are going to be having, aren't you?! I bet you are so excited!

Tryin - That's so great you passed your gt test! I am not really looking forward to that, but no need to worry about it now, as it is still a while away yet! As for my projects - a baby room has not been started on yet! DH quit oe of his jobs, which also kinda came with this cabin on the river that we stayed in - so, now i have all that stuff we had in there to pack up, give away, etc :( ugh! I just feel like i need to organize my house from top to bottom, but do not have the time to do it!

Kim - I hope everything closes up and things are looking just as they should in a month! Taking some time away and enjoying yourself, and not worrying, are probably the best things you can do for you and the baby! Enjoy your vacation!

chinook - i hope you are feeling well and the contractions have subsided! Btw, your pic you posted on the bare your belly thread was so beautiful! You looked so happy and content and just waiting for your lo to get here!!

I hope i didn't miss anyone! My apologies if i did!

My update: Had an appt on Friday and things went well! I had been sick with the stomach flu on Thursday, so i was hoping that i would be able to make it, and i did! We also got our appt set up for the 20 week ultrasound for April 9! We can hardly wait!! I think we are going to keep it a secret until Easter - good thing it's only 3 days later, plus it will be fun to reveal in some kind of Easter-y way! The baby has been kickin' alot! When we were at our appt the dr. told DH that he wouldn't be able to feel the baby for another 10 weeks! Well, she was wrong! He felt the little one kick/punch on Sunday morning!! I think it kind of freaked him out! It was cute!

I don't know about any of the rest of you who are going to be first time moms, but i have this feeling like i have/want to do all the things i won't be able to do once i have children! My sister has been in Rome going to school for the last about 8 months and i really want to go see her. I work for my parents and have to wait for their approval...so we'll see what happens! If i go, though, it'll be around the first of May, which i think will be a good time, esp with all the other irons i have in the fire (capt of my Relay For Life Team, Planning my 10 year high school reunion, etc, etc).

Wrapping this up - i know my post is going to take up most of a page - agh! Have a great rest of the week everyone!!

chinookpilotswife
03-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi everyone. Thanks for all your thoughts and kind words. I am still having contractions but I am relieved to be moving into the 3rd trimester. Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks since all of these contractions started so I am just happy to have made it this far. I just wanted to say HI one last time before moving to the 3rd trimester. I can't wait to see all of you over there.

sunchic...I am glad that your appointment went well. My DH was able to feel the baby move that early too. It is so much fun. Good luck at your u/s!

SMOGY...I am so glad we are finally at the 3rd trimester! Our little ones are going to be here before we know it! I hope that you are able to swap out the cots without much of a hassle.

Lauren...I am glad that the wedding went well! I know that the 4 weeks are going to take forever but try not to stress and like the others said just keep your fluids up. And if you really feel like something is wrong don't hesitate to go in.

Sharon...so happy that your appointment went well. I hope that your 20 u/s goes well and that your little one cooperates so you can find out if your having a he or a she :)

Niki...how fun! I can't wait for my shower on April 25th! I am glad that you got a lot of good stuff. It definitely helps.

Thats as far as I could go back. Sorry to anyone I missed! I hope you are all doing well!

rkingall
03-27-2009, 10:47 AM
hi ladies,

i will catch up on personals - i promise - this weekend. work is zany right now. so many meetings today and then my laptop goes in for an overhaul/update, so i'm frantic to catch up on work things.

but i went for the anatomy scan yesterday! i am so lucky that one of my best friends is a radiologist! she's so awesome (and her tech was great, too!). the baby is just fine: all the organs, arms, legs, heart, brain, spine, etc. are normal and right on track. and it's a GIRL!! we are just thrilled! and so grateful to God that this baby is healthy and formed beautifully.

one funny story: my husband was looking at her profile on the screen and asked, "why is her belly so big?" i laughed and said, "she's taking after you already!".

have a great weekend, all. i will catch you later!
renee

honey19
03-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Renee, I am a bit jealous that your friend is a radiologist. Okay, I am really jealous. I would take full advantage of that! Congrats on having a girl!!!! That is awesome.

Lauren, I hope all is going well over there with the water drinking. No matter what the doc said I would keep drinking water too. If anything, it is good for you! Congrats on your wedding too! It must be nice to not have to think about planning anymore.

Chinook, congrats on making it to 3rd tri! We will be joining you soon!

Sunchic, I feel the same way as a first time mom, but then I remember that there is always babysitters and that we can always bring the kids with us too. It will be quite a change though. I get more and more nervous the closer and closer it gets!

Smogy, congrats on making it to 3rd tri too! I can't wait to join you all over there!

Sharon, it is great that your baby is doing well. I hope you get to find out the sex when the time comes. I know sometimes the LO's don't cooperate!

Everything is good over here. I feel like my belly has shrunk lately. I am not loosing any weight, but it looks like it may have spread out up and down. Its very strange. The baby is moving like crazy daily (especially during my classes, I think it is going to be a genius) which is so fun, and I love that DH feels it on a regular basis. We finally told our families that we are moving back closer to them and the MIL was so excited. She just kept asking if we were joking and didn't think this day would come. Then she agreed to let us store some stuff in her basement until we can find a house. When we go home in May for a shower we are bringing a UHaul of stuff back so we don't have as much to move when the baby comes. We will be moving when it is about 3 weeks old (assuming it comes on the due date). Hope everyone is having a great week! Happy friday!

Danyel
03-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone!

Laurend0517
03-30-2009, 10:39 AM
well ladies alittle bit of bad news. Its not horrible just really scary for me. As most of you know from my posts before, my husbands sister has Down Syndrome. Trisomy 21 to be exact. We we went and had the nt scan done in the first trimester and my odds for Down Syndrome was 1 in 10,000. (awesome!) My odds for Trisomy 18 on the other hand (which usually results in death) were originally 1 in 2,000 and afer the first trimester scan went up to 1 in 1,000. I was really scared because my odds went up. Well I went for the second part of the nt scan and my odds for Trisomy 18 went up again! Now they are 1 in 500!! I know that those arent horrible odds I just dont know why they keep getting worse. My odds have reduced by 50% both times! It really scares me. We are going to try to do the level 2 ultrasound again when I am 22 weeks and pray to see a little more of the baby to look for markers. I just dont understand!! I am 23 years old! I know age has nothing to do with it. I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I'm sorry for venting I am just really scared. I would be perfectly ok if this news was for Down syndrome. I think kids with downs are precious. But trisomy 18 usually results in death within the first couple of months. I know I am probably freaking myself out but I cant deal with the thought of possibly losing my baby =(

honey19
03-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Lauren, I am so sorry you have to go through this, but I will be praying that you and the baby will be healthy. I know how hard it is to deal with a genetic issue (I have one in my family) but just pray and try to think positive until you know more. It isn't good for the baby if you stress out too much. 1 in 500 is still good odds for you so try and stay positive! The best thing you can do is take care of yourself and your growing LO for now. ((((hugs))))

Laurend0517
03-30-2009, 12:54 PM
thank you so much honey! I really appreciate your words of kindness! It means alot right now! =)

tigergal
03-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Lauren, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I know it's easier said than done, but please try to stay positive. I'll be praying for you and your baby!

BeccaRaelyn
03-31-2009, 01:10 AM
hey everyone i was kinda lurking on the 2nd tri boards after not posting for a bit on the 1st tri boards.

Lauren I am so sorry to hear that your risk has gone up. I will definately keep you and your little one in my prayers. I am also 23 and my SO and I decided against doing preliminary testing for the reason that I worry too much as it is. I do have a birth defect that runs in my family and it scares me to think that my child may have it, however I know that I would love my child no matter what. I know that it is the most impossible position to be in and there really is no way that anyone can understand unless they have been there. Although I do know that there is times when tests are wrong. My sister was told that my niece would for sure be born with a birth defect based on her level 2 ultrasound. She was told that my niece had a tumor or a cyst on the back of her neck and they were even talking about surgery. My sister decided to wait and see and my niece was born perfectly healthy.

As for me I have my next ultrasound/appointment on friday. I am sooo excited. The ob that I have has been known to determine gender very early (15 1/2 weeks with my baby brother) so I am hoping the baby will cooperate and we can get to know what we are having. If not we are going to do a 3d ultrasound a few weeks from now. My belly seems like it is sooo big for me only being 14 weeks but i am also very short so maybe thats why i am pokin out more.

SharonWA
03-31-2009, 02:58 AM
Lauren I am so sorry to hear that your negative chances are going up. 1 in 500 still mean you will most likely have a healthy baby. I would try not to worry too hard, I know that can be impossible. That is why I opted not to do genetic testing, and I am 5 years older than you, though I have no histories of genetic disorders in my family. I think everything will be okay, but I will pray for you regardless.

Becca welcome to the second trimester! For me it has been vastly different from the first, but you are already feeling the changes I am sure. I just started buying baby stuff, just a little bit at a time, but it makes me feel more connected to the pregnancy. Good Luck on your Ultrasound! my baby was showing the goods briefly last time but the OB office has poor quality machines so my doctor didn't want to guess. So now I have to wait til my 20 week appointment in the Radiology lab for the big ultrasound, they apparently get all the nice machines.

I am wondering, when did everyone feel movement the first time for the first baby. I know it is still early, but I can't help but wonder at every little thing if I might be feeling the baby move. Sometimes I think I am feeling the baby, but I just can't be sure.

honey19
03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Sharon, I felt the baby move for sure right around 16 weeks, but it was still really faint. Like popcorn popping in my tummy. I started out pretty small, and they say the smaller you are usually you can feel it sooner, but I think that some women just feel it earlier. It really started to kick hard around 20 weeks, but again it depends on the person. You will feel it soon enough!

sunchic711
04-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Lauren - try and stay positive!! The power of positive thoughts, prayers and actions is amazing! If you don't mind sharing why the odds are going up so much, i would be interested to know...what are they finding that indcates it? til then..i'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Becca - how exciting that you are already going to find out - so lucky!! I can't wait for our appt next Thursday when we find out!!!

Sharon - i think the first time i felt the baby was on my way back from vacation - i was about 15 weeks. I was sitting very still and almost meditating, as i was not feeling well, and i felt some movements that were different from what i had felt before (i.e. gas!). I have been feeling the baby move on a consistent basis for the last few weeks (since week 16, i would say). At my last ob appt i was almost 18 weeks and the dr. told us that my dh wouldn't be able to feel it for another 10 weeks!! Well, that did not turn out to be true. Even though i'm not really showing yet, when i lay down, you can see my belly move when the baby kicks and moves and dh has been able to feel it move since the beginning of week 18! I guess everyone is different, but i'm sure you'll feel it soon!!

As for me - i am thankfully recovering from type a influenza :( being pregnant has really taken a toll on my immune system! I am hoping that as the warm weather comes and stays that people will quit getting/passing flu bugs around!

Have a great rest of the week mommas!