PDA

View Full Version : No Met now Spiro?

CPALRL
07-24-2006, 02:40 PM
My Met caused my blood sugars to drop so much that I couldn't keep up with it. Then the Met stopped working - again - for the second time. The doctor took me off of Met and put me on Spironolact. She said that she has had some success with it in treating PCOS.

From what I've read, it should help with the acne and air growth, but will it help with all of the other symptions like depression, weight gain, major cysts, hot flashes, and anxiety?

I've only been on it for 3 days now, and haven't seen a difference. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.....

Poetmnwj28
07-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Spirolactone is an anti-androgen and is used to combat high testoterone levels, and in us testosterone is turned to excess Estrogen I've read somewhere, so It may help with the hotflashes as well and with all of the other stuff. Be sure to drink plenty of water juice, Herbal tea(Not Black will accentuate the Diuretic s) and then go and get the next stuff on your list below:
I would start with Cinnamon to combat the Weight gain and to balance the blood sugar and to help the IR with Regulatihg your ovarian cycle. Talk to your pharmacist if he is familar with herbs or talk to an herbalist at a all natural herb shop if they seem knowledgeable or ask for the owner/manager if they have someone there good with the diabetic/Blood sugar balance products. My MIL suggested one but I have forgotten what it was but also puritans pride has a good blood sugar balance complex and good prices on the cinnamon caps. But with all thing as k about the interactions of these with the spiro with your pharmacist or call the company or research it on the web.
Mary

martina77
08-25-2006, 06:03 PM
i am on both Met and that other pill, i started them both yesterday

brookenc
09-15-2006, 01:14 PM
I use Spirolactone and it cleared my acne right now. It does help a little with the hair growth but not much. I take 100mg in the morning and also Metformin 1500mg in the morning. Good luck.
________
Chrysler 300 non-letter series specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_300_non-letter_series)

tammi
10-12-2006, 01:44 PM
hmm. I take spironolactone and it definitely cleared up the facial hair and stopped my hair from thinning. :) yay for that. I'm also on yasmin (could have something to do with the no hair thinning also) and 2,000 MG of Metformin a day. I'm surprised you are not on Met. Try some cinnamon I guess, but that did nothing for me.