PDA

View Full Version : November *Second Trimester* (13 weeks - 27 weeks)

knutfugget
10-31-2008, 01:37 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Searchingforhope
11-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Oh lord...I can't believe we're going to graduate from here soon. I have so much work to do!

knutfugget
11-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Ashley http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/42.gif Ok, you are now forbidden from reminding me we're almost in our third trimester! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif Seriously though, where is the time going?! I swear being pg the first time went slower. ;)

cammysandy
11-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Well this is my first, and I think it's taking foreeeeeeever, and at the same time I think time is flying by. lol Does that make sense? It seems like it was so long ago that I had to use 3 months of progesterone gel. But it seems like just yesterday I was crying out of pure fear of something going wrong. Everyday I'm more confident, and able to believe I will be a mom.
=)

But I guess I'm a worrier cause now I'm scared about labor. I pray to God we're both healthy and well afterwards. Anyone else scared about your own well being during/after labor? I hate to say it, but the other day I was crying cause I read something about hemorrhage and maternal death. I sure as heck don't wanna die!!!! I don't even want to think that's possible!

knutfugget
11-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Cammy Yes, I worried about those things (labor and labor complications) with my first, too! I asked my doctor about it at the time and was told that it is VERY rare for something like that to actually happen and result in death. Medical advances these days are amazing and most emergencies are fairly well handled. :) Try not to get TOO worked up about it. The odds are in your favor for a healthy mom and baby! Even a lot of premature infants are doing better these days. Of course none of us is wanting a premature baby, but still. It's reassuring to know that they have a WAY better chance of survival now than they would have 20 years ago. ;)

I'm still having my moments of panic these days! Christmas is right around the corner and I haven't done any shopping for Nathan yet. :( And it feels like I am BARELY going to get a break from the holiday craziness and I'll have a brand new baby around the house - eek! How am I going to get everything done that needs doing?! I wonder if my sudden panic is just my usual holiday stress + hormones or if nesting is kicking in early this time around, LOL.

jamiec0326
11-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Girls I feel your pain. I am due Dec 11. But my baby is already at 5lbs 11oz as of last Wednesday. I am scared to death of Labor and I have got to get my Christmas Shopping done here pretty quick. Because I don't know how I will feel after he arrives. So I am really starting to get anxious.

knutfugget
11-02-2008, 03:49 PM
jamie You'll definitely want to get your Christmas shopping done BEFORE he gets here. I don't remember wanting to do anything after Nathan was born except hold him or try to sleep! LOL! We're going the easy route this year and just mailing cards for the most part. I'll get a cute picture of Nate to include and call it good. You can save yourself time and combine Christmas cards and birth announcements ;), hehe.

ggill
11-02-2008, 07:56 PM
I just dont think about labor, and so far I havent been worried.

Cammy- I agree it seems like it is taking forever, yet everyone is like you are 6 mo all ready?

I really want to get the nursery done and my work caught up. A friend of mine just had her baby 2 months early! My boss would kill me if she had to come into my office and suddenly take over! I work at home, and my office is a wreck, but I know where everything is. I do worry about going early or having some kind of emergency, but since I am seeing my OB 1x a week, it should get caught pretty quickly. I have another u/s tommorrow. hope its still a boy because I have been shopping!

Vero
11-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Cammy --- I also have the strange feeling that it's taking forever but super fast at the same time, LOL... sometimes I feel like weeks are super long, and other times I panic because I have the feeling once the holidays are here... January will be around the corner and I'll be in my third tri already!

Yesterday DH and I took advantage of our "extra hour" and decided to start cleaning and reorganizing the nursery.. it was a LOT of work, we went through most of the boxes, put half of our stuff either in the trash or in a bag for Salvation Army,and finally managed to fit most of the rest in a walking closet... so now the room is nearly empty and we finally have space for baby furniture :D

We finished in the afternoon... very tired but happy, so we went out for a little reward ;)

I think I'm going to order the pack-n-play from Amazon today or tomorrow (found the same one I wanted from Babies-r-us, but no shipping, no tax).

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

dreaming
11-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Vero- I'm so happy for you that you got the nursery cleaned out!

Wow, all this talk about labor has got me thinking! I was assuming that I would have a c-section because of the placenta previa, but at the last u/s the tech said it looks like it has moved, and baby a is vertex (let's hope s/he stays that way!). It is a little scary thinking about birthing 2 babies!

We went to Babies-R-Us yesterday and looked around at some stuff. It was a fairly quick visit because DH doesn't like to shop. I basically gave him an overview of what we definitely need, what we might need, and what I would like. We looked at prices, inspected a stroller I had been researching, and looked at crib styles and baby clothes. Iin particular, we were comparing newborn/ 0-3 mos sizes to preemie, just to get a feel for what the difference was. I didn't see too much of a difference, but I think for small babies (4-6 lbs) a little extra fabric makes a big difference. We also went to Target afterwards to compare prices. We were a bit overwhelmed!

cammysandy
11-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Nice to see we're all on the same page as far as worrying. Makes me feel less nuts. =)
But it's true medicine has come a long way. We're all gonna be fine. Plus, there's women who have like 12 kids, so we can handle one or two.

If anyone's considering taking pregnancy shots, and still haven't done so, I highly recommend you take them now, and outside! The colors come out amazing! This warm November weather never happens in Chicago, so we took advantage of it, and had a blast with our shots. You'll get gorgeous orange, yellow, and red backdrops at a park. I'm glad we got them done. =)

dreaming
11-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Cammy - I love your pictures!!!

Here are some pictures from our anatomy scan last week:

Twin A sucking his/her thumb
http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s338/jbrad_album/ThumbSucking18wkscroppedresized.jpg?

Twin B resting peacefully:
http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s338/jbrad_album/Peaceful18wkscroppedresized.jpg?

Twin A: Our Non-conformist (who wouldn't cooperate at all!)
http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s338/jbrad_album/OurNon-Conformist18wkscroppedresize.jpg?

cammysandy
11-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks! Awwww how cute!!! I love it when they are sucking their thumb. That's so cute! Mine is never resting peacefully at ultrasounds. He's a hyper kid.

Vero
11-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Dreaming --- your pics are so cute!!!

Mine were not that great at the Anatomy Scan U/S... for some reason, either you can barely figure out what you are seeing... or... they are totally creepy!!! you can see all the bones and they look like Halloween pics LOL. I do like my little 3D video though :)

I just ordered my pack-n-play/bassinet set :D found a great deal at Amazon on a Graco Pack-n-Play that has really good reviews everywhere I checked, so I went ahead and ordered it :D yay! it feels a bit more real whenever I get something for little Paul ;)

I'm sooo bored today... work has really slowed down with the crisis, the economy, the elections and the approaching holidays... I wish I could come to work only part-time... I mean, I have to sit at my desk for 8 hours, but could easily have all the work done in less than 2 :( I keep stretching my daily tasks, but when there is not much to do, the day lasts forever...

Tino
11-03-2008, 07:12 PM
cammysandy - I love your fall pic! You're right, the scenery is gorgeous! :) Very cute!

dreaming - I love your u/s pics too! How sweet! Non-conformist - I love it! :)

Vero - congrats on the pack/play. I didn't know they come with bassinets too! I'll have to research that. I haven't done anything yet. That's bad!

We're going tomorrow to find out what we're having! I'll try to remember to post. Our appointment isn't until around 3:15. I hope our baby cooperates!

Have y'all already registered for your baby shower stuff? When do you do that? I guess it shows that I'm a newbie! :)

meggiebeth2
11-04-2008, 02:59 AM
cammy- great pics, now is a great time season wise...too bad my belly isn't quite there yet :-)!

dreaming- cute babes!, I love the sucking of the thumb pic.

Tino- Good luck tomorrow, I hope you get a good view

elane-4
11-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Happy November All! In 6 Days I Am Due For The Big Ultrasound And Will Hopefully Find Out The Gender! I Am So Excited...wish Me Luck!

dreaming
11-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks for all your comments on the babies - it's been a while since I posted any u/s pics. These were the first ones that were decent in a long time because they weren't done at the dr's office with their terrible machine.

Tino & elane- good luck on your u/s, I hope your LOs cooperate!

Tino- DH and i just went to a couple of stores this weekend to look at all the items that are available and get a sense of what we need/ want. It's a lot, but I think we'll start registering little by little and make the registry public around 24/25 weeks. I'm not sure why I picked that timeframe other than that's the point of viability.

Vero- sorry work is so slow! Work isn't really slow for me now, but I just have an aversion to doing it. Sometimes I spend time looking at blogs and information about twins to avoid work.

Cammy- I love the thumb-sucking one too. I always thought everyone else's was so cute! But I have to admit that the 'non-conformist' picture (DH came up with that title) is almost more special to us, because that baby has exhibited the same "personality" each time we get an u/s. It's the same twin that's sucking the thumb, too. S/he was also wiping his/her face at one point too - it was so cool to see how coordinated they are in there!

Hope everyone is having a good day- I can't believe it's the 4th of November already. Geez- where's the time going?

Vero
11-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Tino --- can't wait to know what you are having! how exciting!! About the pack-n-play, we decided to get one that also have a bassinet attached on top... so we can keep it in our room at the beginning and later on we just remove the bassinet attachment and use it as a regular pack-n-play... I liked the idea of buying something that can be useful for a long time :)

Bizzijoe
11-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Vero- The pack in play I registered for does the same thing I'm excited to actually see if I get it. Actually I registered for two because I want one to stay in the house and another that is more mobile.

Dreaming-I love your U/S pics!!! Mine look so different because I didn't get a profile. The thumb sucking is adorable!!! Oh and about your DH not liking shopping. Mine hates shopping as well wouldn't even go register with me...but...he loves EBAY I think he has bought more than I have just off of ebay! Of course everything he has bought is sports related!!

Elane-4-Good luck at your U/S I loved every minute of mine! DH did also!

Tino- I cannot wait to find out what you are having!!! GOOD LUCK!! I registered about 2 weeks ago or so after my U/S I was about 21-22 weeks.

Thats as far back as I can go as for me not much going on actually. My DH and FIL put in a shelving unit in the closet in the nursery this weekend and I'm in love with it!! I live in an old house and not much storage so this added a TON of space!! We started buying diapers and wipes as we go to the store also so we will have some. I didn't realize how expensive they are! I'm glad we started early. Also Brayden has been doing actual kicks now. Only thing is that they are so spaced apart. Some days he is active and I feel him all the time and other days nothing much at all. I much prefer the active days! Any ways I think that is about it! Oh and I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS ALREADY NOVEMBER! TIME IS FLYING ALL OF A SUDDEN!!

katydidnt1
11-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Tino - with our last baby Matt and I just went the night of our gender scan and registered at bbru. It was really fun.

Katie

knutfugget
11-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Tino Any news yet?! Which team are you guys joining?! ;)

Like Katie, we went out shopping after our 20 week u/s both times. It was lots of fun looking at all the baby things! :D

Hope you're all doing well. Me, not that great today. Nate's been sick and I've been busy dealing with that. I am sore all over and getting BH that hurt :(. Going to get off my feet the rest of the night and drink lots of fluids!

peakkm
11-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Well looks like I am joining you ladies over here! I can't believe I'm already 13 weeks....

Tino
11-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Blue Team! We were a little surprised at first, but we are so thankful for this little miracle baby! I just keep patting my stomach and saying "awww baby boy!" :) It is nice to know who is in there finally! :) Naming a boy will be easier than a girl because we already know the middle name will be James (my husband and FIL's middle names and each of us has a grandpa named James! :))

I already want to register now that I know!!!! I started looking at bedding yesterday. I'm thinking something with animals...

Have a great day everyone! :) :) :)

Vero
11-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Yay! Congrats Tino :D One more for the BLUE team ;)

peakkm
11-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Congrats on team BLUE Tino!!!!!

ggill
11-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Tino- Yay blue team!

Dreaming- the u/s pics are adorable, especially of the thumb sucking, my Lo has never done that during an u/s, it is really cool!

Peak- Welcome to the second tri!

Bizzi- we also have an old house and understand the limited storage issues! Dh is working on making usable attic space, and building an extra closet down stairs.

Vero- We got our Combi care seat yesterday. so far really easy to use. Hopefully it will be as easy when we actually have a baby to put in it!

I had an u/s monday and it is definetley a boy, no questions. I will try to get Dh to scan so i can put on here. I also got a cold, and it really sucks. I am pretty sure last year this cold was treated with antibiotics because it turns into an ear infection. Also I have had some difficulty walking. I get a really bad ache on the right side down, low. It started saturday, but I did a ton of walking while outlet shopping. I had it yesterday too, and I wasnt even walking very much though. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like that. The pain is relieved when I sit. Hope everyone is feeling well!

Vero
11-05-2008, 11:53 AM
ggill -- I'm sorry you are having that pain! I have noticed that whenever I get up from bed to pee at night, I have this horrible pain on my side, I really don't get it! our bed is super comfy, and I never had back pain sleeping on it before... I guess it's the position... hope you can rest a bit and get rid of the pain!!

How is the car seat?? is it bulky or not? I was wondering if it will be taking a lot of room in our cars... since they don't sell it in BRU store, we cannot try it, so I've been wondering if it is really big or if it's small like the stroller... btw, how does it fit with the stroller? when you attach it, is it easy to reach the baby while you are pushing the stroller?

Sorry to ask you so many questions!!! LOL but you are the only person that can give me some info about those products :D

Hope your cold goes away soon!!

Bizzijoe
11-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Tino-Congrats on Team Blue!! I am with you I'm so excited to put a name/gender to my little bump and those kicks!!

Peakm-Welcome to the 2nd Tri!!!

Knut-I'm so so sorry that your not doing to well. I hope that Nate starts to feel better and you get some rest and that the BH calm down!

Ggil-I had bad/severe back pains last Sunday to my right side middle back. The only thing that helped was lying down on my left side and intermittently putting a heating pad on it. When I was lying down like that the pain went away. Good luck I hope it goes away for you.

dreaming
11-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Knut- I hope you got a chance to rest last night

peak- welcome to the 2nd tri!

Tino- Congrats on team BLUE!!!

ggill- sorry about the cold and the pain- I hope they go away soon.

knutfugget
11-05-2008, 01:06 PM
dreaming & Bizzi Thanks guys :). I put my feet up and settled in for the night to watch the election stuff, lol. The BH died down and went away, which made me very happy! I also got the squares to Hailey's baby blanket finished. I still have to stick them all together, but I'm almost done! :D

Tino Congrats on Team Blue! :)

Peak Welcome to Second Tri! :D

ggill I think a lot of us are having pains like that. It sounds like round ligament pain to me ;). I've got it so much worse this time around than last time. Sometimes just standing up makes it hurt! :( Not fun, but normal. Hope you can rest more and feel better. :)

Nate seems to be doing better today, so yay! I'm still hoping to get some rest. I have not been sleeping very well lately. I didn't have insomnia with Nate. Weird how two pgs can be so different!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to feel excited about the holidays again. :) I still have to finish taking down Halloween decorations, but I'm feeling ready to pull out the Christmas stuff and get this show on the road! ;) Nate and I have already started listening to Christmas music, lol.

Vero
11-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Knut --- I'm glad you are feeling better!!! and also that Nate is doing better today :)

I'm excited about the holidays too! :D we are going to California for T-Day since I have an uncle who lives there (DH and I have nearly no family in the US) and we already got our tickets to go to France for Christmas.. it will be quite an interesting trip since I will be towards the end of my second tri and we are traveling on the 23rd to arrive 24th in the morning... and also on the 27th is the baptism of one of DH's little nephews.

I just realize I NEED a "decent" dress... not only because of the baptism, but also because DH told me last night that his company's Christmas Party will be on Dec 6th... and it's cocktail style... and there is NO way I can fit in a dress with my belly now, so it will be worse by then. I plan on buying a long sleeve black dress that I can wear for both events and still be "warm" in France (it will be freezing over there!)

I started my Christmas shopping for my family in Peru. I would like to have it done next week so I can send everything by mail and be sure it will be there on time (Peruvian postal services is not precisely the *most* reliable one LOL).

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm so hungry today! LOL can't wait for lunch time (I already ate my morning snack! :()

dreaming
11-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Knut & Vero- It sounds like you're both in the Christmas spirit already!

I'm SOOO tired. I can barely keep my eyes open at work. I've been feeling like this since the weekend, and I'm hoping it's because the babies are going through a growth spurt or something.

carleighstutz
11-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Jessi - I have had HORRIBLE insomnia this pregnancy and didn't have ANY issues with Jacob either. I slept like a baby when I was preggo with him! Maybe we should call each other when we can't sleep...

dreaming
11-05-2008, 05:21 PM
I rescheduled the follow up to the anatomy scan - they were originally going to have me do it at Yale University (45 minutes from home) because I have to go there for a fetal cardioechogram (sp?) two days before Thanksgiving, but the receptionist didn't agree with the doctor's note to wait that long :) so I took her up on scheduling earlier. Now I'm scheduled for 9:30am on 11/12 locally.

About the fetal cardio EKG- has anyone done it before? They said it's a precaution they do with all fertility treatment patients and I'm wondering what's involved.

Vero
11-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Dreaming --- Congrats on getting your appointment! :D Hopefully your LOs will cooperate this time ;) keep my fingers crossed! Sorry, I have no clue about the EKG...

Melly652
11-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Okay, for whatever reason the PCOSupport.org website has not been working, and I just figured out how to get to the community forum site today! Sorry I've been MIA :(

Dreaming - I thought about you the other day with finding out the genders - I was watching a baby story and there was a couple having twins that they said were boys. Well, when it came time to deliver, they were BOTH girls!! Hopefully your babies will cooperate at the next ultrasound though!

Our little girl has started moving around a ton just in the last week. DH was even able to feel her move last weekend. My belly has also gotten huge just in the last few weeks - accompanied by stretch marks :( Oh well, a healthy baby girl will all be worth it!

knutfugget
11-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Okay, for whatever reason the PCOSupport.org website has not been working, and I just figured out how to get to the community forum site today! Sorry I've been MIA :(

I'm getting this A LOT lately. There was an email sent out about a month or two ago about this to all PCOSA Forum members. When we switched forums, we switched sites. Everyone needs to update the old link to the new link. I've already asked Chibow to send another reminder email...

Maybe we should put the auto-redirect back for awhile? ;)

ggill
11-05-2008, 08:59 PM
dreaming- i have had 2 fetal echos done. Mine were done because of a congenital defect I was born with. The baby is fine, I do not have anything genetic, I am fine actually, but my OB kinda overreacted, but I guess better safe than sorry. I have never heard of doing the fetal echo because of fertility reasons. what method did you use to get preg? It is very simple though, just an u/s where they look very closely at the heart. They check on the valves and chambers. Nothing different for me than a regular u/s, except the have me lay on my left side. Very glad to hear your u/s was moved up!!! Hopefully those babies coorperate this time!

Melly652
11-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Knut - I didn't see the email - it may have gone to my junk mail and I deleted it accidentally! Thanks for letting me know what was going on :)

knutfugget
11-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Knut - I didn't see the email - it may have gone to my junk mail and I deleted it accidentally! Thanks for letting me know what was going on :)

That's quite possible that it went to junk, lol. Mine always went there, too, until I added the site to my "safe" list of mail. Luckily for me, I don't get a lot of junk mail, so I can just look through the folder and see if anything got stuck in there that shouldn't have. :)

I don't know about you guys, but I am SO TIRED. :( Even with the sleeping pills, I'm only getting MAYBE 4-5 hours of sleep a night. It's really wearing me down, especially with having to care for Nate all day. I think I'm going to have to ask about Rx sleeping pills at my next appt. I just can't keep doing this! :(

peakkm
11-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Jessi-I'm getting more sleep than that (probably around 8-9 hours) and I'm tired still! I was completely exhausted at the beginning of my pg, actually gained some energy back and just in the past couple of days have gone back to being completely exhausted!!! Someone asked me if I would start gaining energy back, told them probably not with a toddler! It's so different having a toddler and being pg than working and being pg!

Vero
11-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Knut and Peak --- sorry you guys are having trouble sleeping... I agree it must be worse to run behind a toddler all day long than to come to work! at least I'm seating...

In my case it's not that I cannot fall asleep... but I keep on waking up every hour or so because I cannot get comfortable, my back hurts, my hips hurt, I got to pee (or a get a BH if my bladder gets too full)... and I have this WEIRD dreams...

A couple of days ago I dream that there was a hole on my left side and my baby was escaping through it :( and DH kept on trying to push our LO back in... and last night I dream I was going for my regular appointment and my doctor was telling me that since she was taking a long vacation, she wouldn't be there for my delivery date... so... she was going to do a C-section right there... and I was like WTH??? and she was like, yes, yes, don't worry, I know what I'm doing :p

I know... stupid pregnancy dreams... but enough to keep me awake!

peakkm
11-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Vero-LOL about the dreams! It's funny how REAL dreams seem during pregnancy! And we seem to remember EVERY detail of them. Last week I had dreams of my DH having an affair and it was with my sister!!!! It was horrible! I think it was due to DH not spending much time with me...lol, I was seriously missing him! Let's just say he has REALLY stepped up to the plate now!

Do you have a pregnany pillow?? I have a boppy one and it is the best thing EVER! I seriously sleep so much better with it. They are quite pricey (I think around $55), but I found mine for $35 at Burlington Coat Factory. I had a body pillow last pg and it just took up so much of the bed and didn't really help at all!

ggill
11-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Vero- We havent been able to put the car seat in the car, but it isnt bulky at all. It looks to me to be a similar size to the other infant car seats at BRU. We have a Kia Spectra, so when we get the car seat in I will let you know how much room it takes. The car seat was very easy to get in and out of the base and in and out of the stroller. It seems like it will work very well with the stroller. I didnt actually push the stroller with the car seat in it, but the stroller is smaller so it should be very easy to get to the baby. We have to take the stroller back because the canopy is bent. It works fine, but it will bother me to always be looking at a crooked canopy! I understand the crazy dreams as well, I had a dream where I had the baby in jail, and another dream where DH was murdered. Luckily I havent dreamed in awhile, so hopefully you will get more restful sleep soon!

Melly652
11-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I have also had trouble sleeping - everything hurts and I have to pee every couple of hours. My mom bought me a pregnancy pillow for my b-day a few months back, and it helps, but I still use a ton of other pillows around me. I have been laying around the house all morning just doing some laundry. I don't have the energy to do anything else.

I am having a hard time deciding between a bassinet and a craddle for our bedroom. The baby's room is upstairs, so we wanted to keep her in our bedroom until she is sleeping mostly through the night. I've read reviews and I can't find anyhting that leans one way or the other. Anyone have any recomendations?

Vero
11-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Peak -- Thanks for the advice! I tried to do some research about body pillows about a month ago, but all the ones I found were quite bulky and not with great reviews... I just checked the Boppy one at Amazon and I think I'm going to get one! it's on sale at $37 + free shipping ;) I'm really desperate trying to find a solution... I'm a back sleeper, and I know that now it's a no-no, but sleeping on my left side is killing my back and hips!

Ggill -- Thanks for the info! I understand you... I would hate to have a crooked canopy LOL, I'm a bit OCD and my DH is even worse, so it would be horrible!

Melly -- We had the same issue... in the end we are getting a pack-n-play with bassinet, that we can use at the beginning as a bassinet in our room and later on as a pack-n-play both at home and while traveling. Actually, we should receive ours today :D

carleighstutz
11-06-2008, 02:05 PM
If I can recommend anything....I will recommend getting a pack-n-play WITH a bassinet instead of just a bassinet. You will use the pack and play WAY more if you do it this way. The bassinet will be voided once you put the baby in it's own room or it outgrows it.

Our VERY good friends of ours went together and bought us our pack-n-play. It was the most expensive one, but TOTALLY worth the money and we have used it sooooooo much. Here is the one we bought...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2844619

ours is black and white, though so it is not the same color. It has a bassinet, a changing table, a vibrations & music function in the bassinet, and it is a great play yard/sleeping area for when they are older. We STILL use it for Jacob because we travel a lot and use it on the road as a bed for him. The changing table is also REALLY great because once we moved his crib into our room (to start the transition process from our room to his) we moved this downstairs (all our bedrooms are upstairs) and used it downstairs for him to sleep in when he was sleeping and to change his diaper and not have to go all the way upstairs to his changing table.

Sorry to go off on this tangent, but I truly think it is one of the BEST things we did with all of our baby stuff. I'm really happy we will have it for Caleb as well.

dreaming
11-06-2008, 02:33 PM
ggill- I had never heard of doing something like that just because of fertility treatements either (we did injections and IUI with this dr - DH is actually EXTREMELY fertile, and we got pg once with injections and TI, but this dr does IUI as part of the routine). Every couple of years they find a heart murmur at my physical. This last time they sent me for some tests and said it was all fine. Maybe that was in my chart and they didn't want to stress me out? IDK if that's it or not, but I'm still not sure I buy the reason they're giving me.

ggill
11-06-2008, 04:17 PM
dreaming- my father has had a benign heart murmur his whole life. Doesnt affect him at all. That could be why, maybe that and because it is twins. They should be able to tell right during the u/s if everything looks OK, which Im sure it is because it doesnt sound like there is any reason not to be. I have another theory as well, my insurance will pay for all necessary u/s, unlimited or something, so they make alot of money to spend 5 mintues looking at my entirely healthy babie's heart. Initially it was suppose to only be one echo, but then they had me come to early in my pregnancy and needed me to come back in a month when he was bigger, like they didnt know how pregnant I was before they scheduled the 1st u/s, and when was a good time to see the baby, come on... so maybe some docs are getting some extra cash before christmas. All u/s are pretty exciting though!

Melly652
11-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks Carleigh! I wasn't sure if something like that would be okay for a newborn. We will be doing some traveling also, so we'll need a play yard like this anyways.

dreaming
11-06-2008, 10:20 PM
ggill- I also thought something along those lines. My insurance does something called "universal" coverage for pregnancy where they accept all the charges then sort it out at the end; anything deemed necessary by the dr should automatically be covered.

Vero
11-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Yay! We received our pack-n-play + bassinet yesterday :D when I arrived home I found DH assembling it... it looks so cute! I was happy because it wasn't very expensive but it's a Graco and it's sturdy and pretty.

I was worried that my cat would think it was HIS new bed LOL... so far he hasn't shown too much interest, so I hope I won't find him taking a nap in the bassinet when I arrive home this evening!

How is everybody doing?? Boards are a bit slow these days... wondering if everybody is on "holiday spirit"!

ggill
11-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Vero- Which pack n play did you get? I am also looking into the pack n play/ bassinet combination because we are limited on storage space, so anything with multiple uses is better!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Vero
11-07-2008, 12:20 PM
ggill -- we got a very simple one from Graco, the Graco Pack 'n Play Playard with Bassinet in Rise and Shine. It's only the pack-n-play with bassinet and a toy bar, but I found really good reviews everywhere and it was only $60 (free shipping) at Amazon.

We tried it yesterday, it's sturdy and it folds very easily and comes with a storage/travel bag... so we are happy with our purchase :D

The only "negative" reviews I found were that the design has a Noah's Arc Theme and some parents didn't like it because it was "religious", but DH and I found it very cute (I has small arcs, giraffes, turtles and elephants).

If you want something more complete, like with music, vibration, a changing table, etc... there are other models. I suggest you to check at Amazon! this same pack-n-play was also $60 at BRU, but plus tax and shipping was nearly $90 in the end.

Good luck!

carleighstutz
11-07-2008, 12:54 PM
This is the pack and play we bought and LOVE it. I am sure you can get it off Amazon too...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2844619

It has all the extra features, but if you have the extra $$ to spend I recommend doing it. We LOVED the vibration function. It helped Jacob get to sleep for those first 3-4 months and I think it helped with some of his gas issues as well...we also LOVE LOVE LOVE the changing table function. It's MUCH easier to change a diaper in the middle of the night when you have everything you need all in one spot and you don't have to bend over a bed to do it. Especially if you have had a c-section.

Just my two cents :)

Melly652
11-07-2008, 01:16 PM
I did some research on Consumer Reports, and the Baby Trend play yard got higher ratings than the graco. Does anyone own or know someone who owns the Baby Trend? I also ordered the book "Baby Bargains". Hopefully it can help guide me in my purchases :)

knutfugget
11-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Melly DH and I got the Baby Trend one in a zoo animal print for Nathan :). We really liked the vibrations and the changing table (kind of like Carleigh's pack 'n play, I imagine). It has a bassinet with canopy and mobile and we plan to use it with Hailey. The only thing I didn't really like (which may be different on this year's models) is that the mattress was STIFF. It's like cardboard so we folded a blanket up and used that on top as a cushion. I know you can buy cushions and all of that, but we already had the blanket and it saved money to just use it, lol. ;)

Nate is a monkey and climbed the thing and everything else - didn't mange to topple it over or break it. It's easy to setup/break down (once you've read the instructions) ;). My poor DH had a horrible time trying to figure it out... I grabbed the info book and found he wasn't pressing the breakdown button, LOL. Ah, funny memories of being first-time parents. :D

Melly652
11-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks Knut! That helps a lot :)

cammysandy
11-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Greetings girls!

I have been looking for new stuff on Ebay, and I am considering the Graco Pack-n-Play too. I didn't know about the other one mentioned here, so I'll look into that later.

I've got a funny story! :) I went to my mom's house, and my super loud nephew and little cousin were over visiting. Whenever they came into the living room with their screams and laughs, the baby would kick me like crazy!!!! I couldn't believe it, but it kept happening over and over again!!! So after a lil bit, I decided to come home cause I thought the baby had kicked long enough. lol I'm home alone all the time, or at my mom's house and I guess he's not used to noise. I am shocked! I didn't know they reacted to noise this early on! I called my dad at work to tell him about it, and he said "He wanted to join the party!". I can't wait till my hubby comes home so I can tell him. Has this happened yet to anyone else?

knutfugget
11-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Cammy That's cute :). And yes, that happens with me as well. When Nate is laughing or jabbering at me really loud, Hailey gets going like crazy! I'm pretty sure she's going to be born recognizing her brother's laughing/jabbering. :)

I wonder sometimes if they (the babies) recognize "little" voices like themselves and that's why they get excited over children. :) It's neat! :D

cammysandy
11-07-2008, 10:40 PM
That's what I was thinking! Cause I notice he's more active when I'm watching something like "A Baby Story", and there's little kids on TV crying, or making noises. Hmmm. That's interesting. I guess we'll never know!

katydidnt1
11-09-2008, 01:41 PM
I was just looking at Cammy's ticker and realized I am only due one day ahead of her. That got me realizing how soon the 3rd trimester is coming up. Craziness. I'm going to my high school reunion at the end of November and I'm gonna be about 7 months preggo :eek:

Katie

knutfugget
11-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Katie Baby Gaga tickers bump up to 7th month around 26 weeks, 5 days... so you've got 4 more days ;). I hope you have fun at your reunion!

Cammy We might find out someday. Doctors are always doing studies on the weirdest things, lol.

Not much new here. Thanksgiving is coming up (for those of us here in the US) and there is SO much to be thankful for this year. I can't believe I'm going to be a mommy of 2 in a few more months! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif

I'm getting anxious to get the tree up and all of that. We usually start decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, lol. I just like seeing the house all done up in lights :). It's going to be funny to see when we get all that stuff back DOWN, though. Not looking forward to THAT part. ;)

Vero
11-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone!

Cammy --- hope you are feeling better from your cold!

Not a lot going on here... little Paul is moving A LOT these days and I really think he doesn't like the seat belt LOL, whenever I enter the car and buckle up, he starts kicking like crazy just at the level of the seat belt :p

I noticed that my appetite is changing... I'm not starving every hour like I did a few weeks ago... and even when I'm hungry, I get very full very fast... I guess the space in my stomach got reduced! My next appointment is on the 19th and I cannot wait!!

These weekend DH and I made a list of the things we will need for lil Paul, so that we can have a better idea of what/when to get stuff... most likely we will not be having any big presents since our families are far and we don't have a lot of friends in the US (and actually most of our friends are single and french... and in France people do not offer babyshowers). My family gave us a ton of clothes, blankets, crib sheets and the crib bumpers but obviously even if they wanted to offer us some big stuff, there was no way we could bring them back! :p

So here it is my list... please feel free to let me know if you think I'm missing something important! I didn't put clothes, blankets, diaper bag, etc... because we already have those...

Pack-n-play/bassinet (got it!)
Crib, mattress and mattress liners
Dresser with changing pad
Glider/ottoman
Shelf
Bathtub (we'll go for a very simple one we can put on the bathroom counter)
Bathing supplies (sponge, bathing lotion, shampoo, cotton balls, etc)
Infant car seat + extra base (we will buy the convertible car seat later on)
Stroller (with attachment for infant car seat)
Bouncer
Cloth diapers and diaper covers
Cloth wipes and solution
Hamper
Dirty diaper container (not sure which type yet)
Breast pump (will rent one from the hospital and then decide)
Breast milk storage
Bottles and nipples
First aid kit
Tummy time rug
Baby-proofing supplies
Baby monitor

jenmccll
11-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanksgiving=yummy food, made me hungry just thinking about it.....

katie-i just looked at your website and i absolutely loved your families halloween costumes, how cute and original!

cammy-your post made me think about how i used to watch discovery health and tlc all the time but goodness in the morning that is all they want to show and you can only watch so many births in one day lol......my little ones kick whenever kiera wants to smack my belly, she thinks its funny how mommy is so squishy haha....

i feel like a terrible mother because all you guys read reviews on all these things and well i guess im a spontaneous shopper because i just like to pick something thats pretty or good value for the money....mind you i try to keep up on all the recalls but now i feel bad lol....

we are having to enroll kiera in daycare now since i dont have any help and cant lift her, i miss being able to hold my baby but she doesnt like sitting in the bed with me she would much rather be cruising along....aghhh....
----okay, complaint session over----

Musiette
11-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Hello ladies., i will do personals later. i was expecting to get on. I havent been able to for weeks.

I have another u/s today and doc apt will post when i get home. hope all is well...

elane-4
11-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi All!

Got My U/s Today And Eventhough The Dh And I Were Hoping For A Boy....looks Like A Girl! I Feel Great That I Can Finally Say "she" And Can Start Thinking Of Girl Names. Lol. I've Also Registered With Babies 'r Us Online A Little While Ago. Does Anyone Think It's Too Soon?

Vero
11-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Argggh!!! Just needed to vent... my boss and his questions again... can you believe that he came to my office and out of nowhere asked me (with these words): "So Veronica, are you having a vaginal delivery or a C-section?"... for those of you who missed my posts a few months ago, my boss has been harassing me for my pregnancy... so he is definitely NOT A FRIEND... I feel so disgusted when he asks things like that :mad:

Vero
11-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Elane -- congrats!! I don't think it's too soon... DH and I registered also, even though we know we may not get any presents at all from there (long story short, both our families live outside the US and we have very few friends in our area).... we are using the registry list more like a to-do/wish list so that we don't forget anything...

Have fun shopping!

dreaming
11-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi Everyone-

Quick story- this morning I overslept because I kept hitting the 'snooze' button on the alarm. Then I actually turned the clock off, and went back to sleep. I woke up only because someone was kicking my hand (which was resting on my belly) at about 8am. I guess they know the routine, because that didn't happen yesterday when I slept in really late. :)

Musiette- I hope your appointment goes well!

Vero- that's pretty good list! I haven't started my list yet, so I might just use yours ;). I didn't see baby nail clippers and that suction thingy for a stuffy nose on your list, unless you already have it or it's part of the first aid kit.

Knut- the time is flying, isn't it? I can't believe I'm 20 weeks (well, tomorrow I will be) and I haven't really done anything and that's past the halfway point for twins- YIKES!!!

Katie- Being 7 month along will definitely give you lots to talk about at the reunion!

dreaming
11-10-2008, 03:41 PM
elane- congrats on the girl!!! don't worry about registering too early - I have a friend that registered at 7 weeks!

Vero- your boss is so disrespectful! it's terrible the way he talks to you. :mad: Any word on another job?

Melly652
11-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Elane - Congrats on having a little girl! We were sure that it was boy also, but nope - it's a girl :) I don't think it's ever too early to start registering. There is so much out there to research and decide on.

Vero - Great list! Here is what I have on mine in addition to yours - extra crib sheets, high chair, swing, diaper bag, nursing pillow (boppy), sleep positioner. It sounds like you are exactly where I am on the appetite front - I think my stomach is getting crunched also :) I just can't eat as much as I used to.

It sounds like everyone else is doing well - time will really fly by between Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I did my one hour GTT this morning. I'm anxious to get the results back. They are supposed to call in the next couple of days. In other news, our little girl has been kicking like crazy! DH and I just layed in bed yesterday morning watching and feeling her kick - he is amazed by it! It was a great way to start our day :)

ggill
11-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Melly- Goodluck with the GTT test. I hope it is fine for you!

Elane- Congrats on the girl! So much fun to shop for!

dreaming- that is funny about the kicking! Mine seems to kick on and off with no ryhme or reason! i hope this is not a predictor for future sleep patterns!

Vero- How did you respond to your boss? Those are the things I hear that make me extra grateful for my job. I work at home and most of my contacts are done over the phone or email, so noone really even knows I pregnant, other than my boss.

Knut- Dh is remodeling our downstairs bathroom, and the toilet sits in our living rooom because we do not have a garage. If there is a toilet in my living room I am not even putting up my 3ft plugin tree! I do not feel like decorating at all for Christmas, but my downstairs is a wreck with the remodeling!

Vero
11-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Dreaming and Melly -- Thanks for the suggestions on the list! :D I do have the nail clippers, the stuff to suction the nose, crib sheets (by tons! my family gave us plenty LOL) and diaper bags (I actually have 2 of those, also presents from my family) but had forgotten about the nursing pillow and sleep positioner ;) I think we'll get the high chair later on... and the swing only if our LO doesn't settle with the bouncer or if we have some extra cash after finishing shopping :p

Melly -- Good luck with your GTT!!

Dreaming -- My LO is also a kicker! at our 18w appointment, my doctor was very impressed of how hard he could kick and told my DH that our LO was a little soccer player (which made DH VERY happy because he loves playing soccer :D). Most of my friends with kids have little girls and they tell me they were not kicking that much, especially at this gestational age, so everybody is telling me that this one is going to be a handful!

About my boss... what can I tell you! I didn't reply, I just looked at him with a very "expressive" face to see if he would get the *hint* that it was none of his business...

Currently I'm still looking for jobs... got an offer from a different company a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't *that* interesting and it involved a very long commute so in the end it was going to be more an pain in the butt than anything else. I don't remember if I posted this before, but I'm working in a career marketing strategy with a career manager, so hopefully something good will come soon! I'm not holding my hopes too high for the rest of the year (even though my career manager's objective is to get me at least ONE great offer by Christmas), since I know that the economy is really bad right now. I'm just trying to pretend I'm blind, deaf, mute (and stupid LOL) at work, to let whatever my boss says enter through one ear and exit through the other one! :rolleyes:

If I don't get a new job by the end of the year, I will put my career campaign on hold and stay here until after delivery... since it would be impossible to start a new job at 7 months preggo LOL

knutfugget
11-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Vero I am still amazed at what a "special person" your boss is. ;) Why in the world does he think things like that are any of his business?! I don't think any question that includes the word "vagina" is something your boss ought to be asking, lol.

ggill I hope the toilet gets moved before the holidays, lol. I don't know about me having the energy for decorating this year... I just want to see all the pretty lights and everything up. Maybe I can talk DH into doing it without me? ;)

Melly Good luck on the test! I don't have mine until the 19th. Not one of the more fun parts of pregnancy, but it's necessary.

dreaming Wow, 20 weeks! Most women don't make it to 40 weeks, but it's still neat when you pass the "halfway point" ;). I think it's amazing to realize that you are now closer to delivering!

Elane Congrats on the girl! :)

Musiette How'd your appt go? :) Good to see you checking in again. I hope all is well with you!

Not much new since yesterday, lol. Nate's Elmo is in (ordered it a week or two ago) so I have to go pick it up tonight. :D I'm excited to get it hidden away for Christmas. That's his "Santa present" this year. :) I can't wait for the first real snow so I can hang out and wrap his presents! I love to turn on a Christmas movie and do presents - it's tradition. :)

I'm still in awe at how quickly this year has gone by! Looking at the "how many days left" part of my ticker... I'm almost down from triple to double digits!!!! When did that happen?! LOL!

It's been raining since yesterday. I baked cookies (sans nuts because Nate is tooy young to eat nuts) and we've been munching them, lol. Nate and I had grilled cheese and soup for lunch today. Definitely getting into the cold weather spirit. :)

Hope you're all well!

Musiette
11-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Hello ladies, i see i have missed alot. I wish i could catch up on personals but i would be here all night. I have tried to get on since before halloween and every time I tried I would get the site was too busy.

My doc apt went good as well as the u/s. The HB is in 150's. baby weighs 1lb. and is still a girl. Here is a picture of the u/s.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f222/Musiette/madalynmarie.jpg

HOpe everyone is doing well. AGain I hope to be on a bit more often.

cammysandy
11-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Woah! There was a lot of action here yesterday! :)

Katy, you're so right! We are so close to the third trimester. It seems like there's still a lot of time left to wait, but when Thanksgiving and X-mas pass, time will sure fly by.

Jessi-You're right. Maybe one day we'll know. Now that I know he likes the baby voices, I play Youtube clips of kids singing and stuff. Works like a charm! =)

Vero- I'm feeling much better thanks. I did a whole bunch of home remedies, and rested all day, and today I woke up feeling MUCH better. Good luck with the job hunt, and I guess the best technique for dealing with dopes is ignoring them like you are doing.

Musiette-Great ultrasound pics! So cute. How many weeks?

Tino
11-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Elane - we were the same way only opposite, we wanted a girl, but we're having a boy. Now I'm soooo excited about it. Boys are an unknown territory for me because I have sisters and nieces only, so the idea was a bit scarey at first. It should be interesting, but a great adventure!! I'm just so thankful for him and love him sooooo much already! He's an amazing gift from God!

Vero - I think you're doing well with your list. I think I'm going to go to Target and Walmart and work on my registries today. I need to do it because that's all I can think about at work and I'm driving myself nuts trying to be self-disciplined enough not to do it on my break time. It must be hard living away from your families during such an exciting time in your lives! Honestly, I think having a baby shower is pretty stressful. I have many people to invite, but it is always hard to know who to put on the list or not. I have to say though, just because you have a registry and a baby shower doesn't mean people will shop from the registry!!! My friend had a shower last week and got mostly baby clothes. That's what she really didn't need, she needed the baby gear that we're all registering for! I think it's a good idea to use the list as a wish list/working list of what you need. Don't worry, it will all come together in time for Paul's arrival! :) On another note, your boss is a jerk! I can't believe he asked you that! I would have been soooo embarrassed! MEN! Sometimes they are clueless!!!

Vero
11-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Knut -- I know!! I agree that the word "vagina" has no place in a conversation with my boss LOL. About Elmo (I love Elmo!), DH and I saw Elmo Live in action this past weekend.. it's so cool! :D

ggill -- I also hope the toilet will be out of there! or you can get a nice X-mas decoration and dress it up! :o

Musiette -- Congrats on the appointment!! Cute u/s :) Can't wait until mine (next Wednesday! nearly a week!)

Cammy -- I'm glad you are feeling better!

Tino -- Thanks! At least since my job is kind of slow these days (thanks crisis!), I get to spend a bit of time in the internet doing some "baby gear research" LOL...

Not a lot of news here... my belly has an odd shape today, I guess Paul decided to stretch! Oh! DH and I registered for child birth, breastfeeding and infant CPR classes... so we'll be very busy the last 2 weekends of January ;)

knutfugget
11-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Vero LOL on the funny tummy shape. What's really neat is when the baby does a somersault and you watch a "wave" across your belly ;). It's built-in entertainment! :D

I think you'll enjoy your classes. DH and I took a 6 week course when expecting Nate and we loved all the info we got. Unfortunately, DH didn't remember ANY of the massage techniques or the breathing stuff... I knew I should have asked him to take notes! ;) :p

Cammy Glad you're feeling better! Being sick and pregnant does not sound fun.

Musiette Cute pictures! :D If it was up to me, I'd take a peek at the baby EVERY day. It seems like forever since we've seen her.

Melly652
11-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Okay guys, I don't have time for personals, but I have a question...I think I've been having braxton hicks the past couple of days. My whole uterus seems to cramp up - not like a menstral cramp, but a muscle cramp. Is it normal to start having them this early (24 weeks)?...and at what point should I call my doctor? With this being my first, I am paranoid about going into early labor! I have an appointment in two weeks with my OB, so I figure I'll talk to her then also. Thanks for the help!

Vero
11-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Melly, same thing happened to me last week (at 20 weeks) and everybody told me it was normal as long as you were not having more than 4 per hour. I've noticed I have them more often when my bladder is full, so I've been trying to be a "good girl" and go and pee more often! :D

I wouldn't worry too much unless they get very frequent or painful, but definitely ask your doctor (I plan to ask mine next Wednesday when I have my appointment).

Take care!

dreaming
11-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh my! There has been so much activity the last few days!

I had my follow-up anatomy scan this morning and....

it's a boy and a girl!!!! :D:D:D

There was, once again, some contraversy over Baby B's gender- this time the tech thought she was a boy and the doctor thought she was a girl, but it turns out that the tech scanned baby a's bottom twice :eek: (not that we could tell!). Thankfully DH asked the dr for confirmation on the genders, otherwise we would be planning everything to be blue. So baby A is a boy, and baby B is a girl - names still have yet to be finalized for the boy, but the girl will (almost) definitely be Emma Christine.

On a somewhat exciting (because it means my belly is growing) but also a bit sad (because it means my belly is growing a lot) note: Yesterday at dinner my FIL said that I'm as big as someone they know that's 7 months along (I just moved to 5 months) and my MIL could only say "WOW" several times when she saw my belly. We were kind of happy, but I was also a bit embarrassed by their reactions - should I have been?

Here's a go at personals:
Melly- I was told you should call your doctor if you have 4 bh in an hour or 10 in a day.

Vero- funny about the odd shape - I'm sure it's still a cute bump!

Musiette- great pics!!!

knut- all your talk about christmas last week and walking through the mall seeing all the decorations got me in the mood- I made a stew and baked on Sunday. I was so tired afterwards.

That's as far as I can go. I hope everyone is having a great day!!

peakkm
11-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Dreaming-That is so great!! Best of both worlds!! Congrats! I love the girl name you have picked out!

ggill
11-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Yay Dreaming!!!! One of each that is great!!!

Vero
11-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Congrats dreaming!! That is SO cool :D I'm so happy for you :) and I love the name you picked for your little girl!

Melly652
11-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the info in BH everyone - I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one having them this early :) I think they may have also been brought on from over doing it - I had my two nephews (ages 4 and 1) stay with me the last couple of nights.

Dreaming - I love the name Emma! You and your DH are so blessed to have both a little boy and a little girl. I wouldn't be embarrassed about your belly at all! Atleast when people say "wow...you look like you're carrying twins", you can say "yes...I am!" Where as I just get embarrassed :)

jennyandkev1020
11-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Congrats to all the ladies in the second trimester...and dreaming...its very cool that you know what you are having... Yippee! :D We still have to wait until December 10th until we can find out our baby's gender. I had a check up this morning and baby's heartbeat was nice and strong which was a relief after last weeks scare. There hasn't been anymore bleeding thankfully. Apparently I have a friable cervix so they want me to do the bedrest thing as much as I can...and cut back my hours at work.
P.S. I'm finally starting to show alittle and I have a funny shape too!

Have a great day ladies!

Vero
11-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Ladies... does any of you heard back from usmcwife? I know she was on strict bed rest due to a tear in her bag... but I was wondering how she is doing... for some reason I've been thinking about her lately..

dreaming
11-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Vero- I was thinking about her earlier today too when I was on the November Pregnancy thread- I saw that she hadn't found out the gender yet and was hoping to hear from her soon... it's been about a month.

Anyone hear from her?

ggill
11-13-2008, 12:20 PM
jennyandkev- any prefrences for Dec 10 boy or girl? Very glad to hear that everything is going OK! I hope you are able to cut back at work with out any problems

I think I will be moving to the third tri in a few more days! It is so weird to be getting towards the end. i still do not think I am showing much at all, only if you are really looking. I also have not gained more than a couple pounds, but my OB doesnt say anything and since the weigh me once a week still, I guess no need to worry. I am starting to freak out a bit about delivery though! I wasnt at all last week and I was watching a baby story yesterday, and the woman had a c section, and it just didnt see like something I want to go through. I saw a natural delivery today and that seemed much better! I am afraid it wont be an option for me though because of the diabetes.

Hope everyone is feeling OK!

Vero
11-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Where is everybody today???

I got scared this morning.. started having really bad cramps, like menstrual cramps but kind of strong (like on heavy-periods). I thought it was just round-ligament pain, but it wouldn't go away no matter in which position I was putting myself, I also tried to walk a bit an it *hurt*... so I called the nurse and she asked me to take 2 extra-strength tylenols and lay down a bit and said that if the pain wasn't going away in less than 1 hour, to call her back so that they could get me in the hospital... I was at work (still am), and you know, they are not very nice with me here, so I tried my best not to show anything (fortunately today is one of those "slow" days), took the tylenol and a TON of water... and phew!! the pain went away in like 20 minutes...

Anyway, I will go home as soon as I can and spend the rest of my day on the couch... no clue what happened! I did some baking yesterday (cinnamon rolls... yummy!), but I don't think I really over did it and went to bed early...

At least little Paul is moving a lot, so that makes me feel relieved!

I hope everybody else is doing fine!

cammysandy
11-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Vero, the SAME EXACT THING happened to me yesterday. It was in my right side, very low, and lasted a while. I'm not saying the same thing went wrong with you (it could have?), but I know what happened to me. It was gas/poop pressure (tmi). lol The only reason I know this, it's because it happened before, and it was because I had not been eating enough fiber, and the "backup" puts a lot of cramping pressure. It was somebody on the boards that told me a loooong time ago to lye down in the fetal position, and drink lots of water and eat fiber as soon as the pain went down. I lied down for about half an hour, took one Gas-X, and drank lots of water. Then, the pain went down, and I made myself some oatmeal with raisins, and ate a couple of oranges. Low and behold a couple of hours later, as I passed the problem, the sharp pain came back for a few seconds, but then never showed up again.

I know this story is too much info, but I remember how scared I was the first time this happened to me, and it was someone here that helped me. Mine was triggered both times by baked goods (chocolate chip cookies), and greasy food. Exercise (walking and squats), water, and fiber has helped me a whole lot with these mysterious, painful, and continuous pains.

Vero
11-13-2008, 05:26 PM
LOL cammy, something similar happened to me when I was taking Zofran for m/s... that pill was making me soooo constipated!!! :p

These days I'm not constipated anymore... more the contrary :( (TMI! sorry!). Fortunately the pain went away with the Tylenol, but I still feel a bit "off" (maybe it's because I hardly ever take any painkillers, so I feel a bit "shaky"). I'm just trying to drink a lot and as soon as I'm home I'll rest. DH called me so I told him... and he is coming earlier from work to be with me and cook dinner :)

I really hope I'll feel better tomorrow... It's scary when you don't know what is going on :( and everything I could find about round-ligament pain in the internet said that if the pain wasn't going away after a few minutes, CALL YOUR DOCTOR.... so I freaked out.

At least little Paul is being good with his mommy and he is moving a lot... I always feel better when I can feel him moving around.

Tino
11-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Dreaming - congrats on the boy and girl news! That's great!!! :)

I have a dumb question for y'all! I ordered baby bedding and received it today. I just put it in the crib. The comforter is supported to be for a 52" crib which is what we have, but it is only 48 or so inches! What's up with that?

jennyandkev1020
11-13-2008, 09:32 PM
jennyandkev- any prefrences for Dec 10 boy or girl? Very glad to hear that everything is going OK! I hope you are able to cut back at work with out any problems

Thanks ggill and congrats on being able to move on to the third trimester! So exciting! I will be happy with either gender although I secretly wish for a girl...I sort of constantly refer to the baby as he...so maybe it's a sign it is a boy? We just want baby to be healthy most of all. The results of my first trimester screen came back great, so that slashed our chances of having a down's baby or of one having trisomy 18. We plan to do the alpha-feta-protein test to check for spina bifida. Unfortunately I do have a relative that had a spina bifida baby last year. Although he is doing well now, they weren't prepared for his arrival (it was a surprise) or his necessary spinal surgeries. So me and DH decided we definitely want to do the testing. We have a few names picked for both genders but we haven't officially settled on one name. I am getting very excited about this little one's arrival...and am considering registering for baby gifts fairly soon, how soon is too soon for this?
Have a great night all.

P.S. I think my work schedule is going to be a huge pain in the butt. I'm sure we will resolve something but they aren't going to make it easy...that's for sure. thanks for asking about it!

Bizzijoe
11-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Okay I dont have time for anything I just got home from working a twelve hour shift and am really tired but wanted to pop in and say Congratulations to Dreaming on the Boy and a Girl!!! How Lucky!!! I have an appointment tomorrow morning and am pretty nervous about it. I always get nervous for appointments.

Guzadog
11-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Hello everyone ... I'm finally on this tread and feel so very relieved! I've read through most of the messages and glad to hear that everyone is doing well ... I'm oddly excited about all the shopping everyone is doing!

Take care!

Musiette
11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Hello ladies!!!! Everything here is same ol' same ol'... Wish I could say I was soon to third tri boards cause I"m so ready to have Madalyn. Kiera is doing well, just getting into everything...LOL

dreaming- Congrats on the genders!!! Very exciting

vero and CammySandy- I'm also having fiber problems. Nothing seems to be working. Feel uncomfortable all the time. I should be eating better. HOpe you ladies are doing well otherwise.

Tino- not sure about bedding sizes. I just put on what I got for my shower. Does it looks weird due to the shortness???

Jenny- Sorry about your work schedule. HOpe it will work out

Guzadog- Welcome to the 2nd tri boards.

Melly652
11-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Guzzadog- welcome to the 2nd trimester! You absolutely should be excited about shopping for your baby! It seems to make it more real :)

I just got my glucose test results, and I passed!!! I am so glad that I don't have to do the 3 hour test.

Also, my sister had her little girl on Wednesday night. I was able to be in the room with her and it was amazing! She was only in labor for about 3 hours and it only took a couple of pushes - I know it makes me sick too :) I feel better about the whole labor and delivery process though after seeing everything. Abigail weights 6.0 lbs and was 19in long - with LOTS of black hair for all those bows :)

Well, I hope everyone is doing well...have a great weekend!

Vero
11-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Hello everybody!!

Bizzi --- I understand!! I always get nervous before appointments too... I have one next Wednesday and I'm getting a bit anxious about it already :p

Guzadog --- Congrats on making it to the second tri!! I can't believe it, it seems like you got your BFP yesterday! :D

Melly --- Congrats on passing your GTT :) I hope I'll pass mine too... I think I'm doing fine in the "eating department" but sometimes I get crazy hunger spells and that worries me a bit :rolleyes: I hope it's just the baby going through a grow spur... because some days I'm full after a couple of spoons and some others, good lord! I could eat a buffalo... LOL

On my side, well, feeling a bit better after yesterday... I arrived home, rested on the couch until DH arrived and then he made some dinner and we ate... and by 9 pm, I was sleeping like a log... I felt kind of "off" the whole day, no clue if due to the morning cramping/scare or because of the Tylenol (I never take painkillers, and when I happen to take something like Ibuprofen, my BP tends to drop and I feel like cr@p). I slept VERY well until around 4 am when a really bad leg cramp woke me up... and of course I tried to jump out of bed as soon as possible, but in between my belly, all the pillows and the comforter, I ended up waking up DH :p and then I got a BH, I guess that due to the sudden change in position... so it was a total "chain reaction" that ended up waking up little Paul and then I couldn't go back to sleep because he was moving like crazy!! I'm so glad I went to bed at 9!!

Well, hopefully today will be an uneventful day for everyone! ;)

ggill
11-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Vero- Glad to hear you are feeling better, even with your eventful night! It is hard with the first prg, we do not know what is normal and what isnt, and everyone is so different with their symptoms. Some days I do not feel prg at all, and others I am like wow I can tell a difference.

Guza- Welcome to the second tri!

Melly- Yay on passing your glucose test!! I failed big time, and the 3 hour test very painful, I am relieved when people do not have to go through that!

Bizzi- I hope your appointment goes well!

jennyandkev- initially I wanted a boy, then thought it was a girl and had just picked out a girls name I was all excited about, and its a boy. We are thrilled now and I love little boys I have 2 nephews and my friend has a 2yr old boy, they are fun. either way we would have been really happy.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Melly652
11-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Vero - on the leg cramps, a friend told me to put a bar of soap in between my sheets at the foot of my bed, and I haven't had a leg cramp since! Don't ask me why it does, but I swear by it.

suzanlynn1973
11-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Melly - I was at my mom's house on Tuesday and standing there in their bedroom I noticed something @ the end of her bed. At first I thought it was for an electric blanket or something and when she saw me looking @ it she told me it was a bar of soap!! She swears by it! lol

Oh...and HI EVERYONE!!! I'm glad to finally be on 2nd trimester board! :)

cammysandy
11-14-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm feeling better as far as my gas pains. :) I've been taking Metamucil a couple of times per day, and it seemed to have worked. I was reading about it, and it's not necessarily constipation (you can be going a few times per day), but rather some "matter" that gets stuck. So the psyllium husk helps bulk form, and clean the painful backup. Apparently, a little bit of Metamucil a few times a day is good for us.

Welcome to the second tri Susan! I CAN'T BELIEVE I ONLY HAVE 2 MORE DAYS LEFT HERE!!! THIRD TRIMESTER, HERE I COME! WOOHOO! lol

My mom had given me that soap remedy too. Luckily, I've had no leg cramps.

starlettemax
11-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi 2nd tri buddies, I just graduated and will begin chatting in here. It's really awesome to have made it this far. Hope everyone is doing well. We're off to get our nuchal scan.

later.

Bizzijoe
11-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to pop in on this wonderful Saturday and say hi and welcome to all the new 2nd tri grads!!!!!! This has been the best trimester! Pretty soon I get to see what the third holds in store.... Oh by the way my appointment yesterday went well. I had to see the NP which was fine. Bradyen kept moving around so she had a hard time getting his heartbeat but finally we got to here it and it was clipping along in the 150's. I did have a bowl of sugary ceral before the appointment though....whoops! I have to do my GD scan at the next appointment on Dec. 12th then I start going every 2 weeks!! I cannot believe it is going this fast!! It seems like just yesterday I met her and got my BFP!! WoW!!! Okay enough rambling hope everyone else is doing well.

P.S. I've never heard about the soap between the sheets but it definately gave me a laugh that was needed this morning. Thanks ladies I know I can always turn here! Oh and I'm not saying I don't believe it because if I have leg cramps I'm going to try it! It just sounds really funny!

Vero
11-15-2008, 01:35 PM
LOL on the soap bar... but I'm really willing to give it a try! :p

Starlette -- welcome to the 2nd tri! and good luck at your NT test :)

jennyandkev1020
11-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Melly- Glad to hear you passed your ggt test! yippee!
ggill- We will be thrilled with either sex also. I am already having dreams that I am having a boy so it won't surprise me at all if that's how things turn out! ;)

I'm glad to hear that everyone else is doing well too. :) I also thought the soap bar trick was funny, but I may need to try that soon because I had a whopper of a leg cramp early this A.M. I had fallen asleep in my recliner, woke up at 3 am, and could barely walk because of a huge "charley horse " above my knee in the back of my left leg...Owwy! Also had some mid-back pain for the first time too along with the leg cramp....I actually ended up taking a very early shower to warm my muscles, and that did the trick. I had just read that back sleeping isn't so good after 15 weeks because it can slow circulation...so I guess no falling asleep in my big comfy recliner anymore!
Anyway, I just wanted to pop on here to wish everyone a super weekend! Me and DH are off to the mall today...it is downpouring in NH today and I don't feel like staying home...plus I need to get a few larger bras! lol:rolleyes:

knutfugget
11-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Just a thing about leg cramps - I had them terrible with Nate and none really so far this time. Never heard of the soap thing before, lol. I take a warm shower/bath every night and then massage moisturizer into my legs/feet. Seems to do the trick! :)

Busy day today, will check back later. Hope you're all doing well!

dreaming
11-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi Everyone! Just popping in to say that DH felt one of the babies kick last night for the first time. It was so funny to see his face. He was so surprised at how hard they kick and said it was weird, but he was happy to finally feel a kick. I have at least one anterior placenta, so I only feel the babies move off center/ on my sides and occasionally around my belly button.

I'm glad to read that everyone is doing well. Congrats to the newbies on the 2nd tri board and congrats to those graduating to the 3rd tri!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

knutfugget
11-16-2008, 04:22 PM
dreaming Congrats on feeling the kicks :).

I just noticed my ticker's down to less than 100 days left. Thought that was pretty neat. :) Can't believe I'm graduating to Third Tri this week, wow!

Hope all of you are doing well. :)

meggiebeth2
11-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Starlette
Guazadog and Suzan...Congrats on the 2nd trimester! Welcome!

Knut- Wow, less than 100....YAY!

I had a 3d and 4d ultrasound sat, I HIGHLY recommend! It was wonderful, he sucked his thumb...rubbed his eyes, kicked up his foot then started playing with it...yawning. It was the best experience ever! We even got to see his hair!!!!

Melly652
11-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Dreaming - I'm so happy for your DH to feel the babies kick! It's definitely something to be excited about :)

Knut - congrats on being less than 100 days away from meeting your little girl! I just realized that I'm right behind you on moving on to the 3rd trimester - I'm 25 weeks today! With the holidays coming up, the next two months will fly by!

Meggie - My DH and I have been debating having a 3d/4d ultrasound. We really want to, but there are so many other things we need to buy to get ready for the baby. If we do it, it will be our Christmas gift to each other.

Nothing really going on here - which is good :) I have my monthly ob appointment Thursday, and then we have some family coming in Friday. I can't wait for Thanksgiving! Hope everyone else is doing well.

peakkm
11-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Meggie-The 3D/4D's are awesome!!! I had two done with Jayna. We have this one place that does two 30-min ones, gives you a DVD, a CD with pictures, and then some color and b&w printed ones for $220!!! The equipment they use is top of the line, so I'm not sure why they are so cheap (other places charge that for just one). But they are a small business and they are wonderful there. We are definitely doing it again this time!

Vero
11-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi girls! I hope everyone had a great weekend :D

Dreaming --- congrats on DH feeling the kicks! It was awesome when DH could feel little Paul... he used to be a bit jealous that I could feel him LOL, so now whenever we are watching TV at night, he puts his hand on my belly :) Paul kicks a lot at night!

Knut --- How exciting to be less than 100 days away!! :D

Melly --- I also cannot wait for the holidays to arrive! I have my appointment on Wednesday and DH and I are hosting brunch for a few friends this Saturday... we'll travel to Los Angeles for Thanksgiving, leaving next Wednesday at night :)

On my side.. not too much going on.. I was a bit frustrated this weekend because I got a Target coupon for a Fisher Price bouncer and after waiting and waiting for the manager (the cashier didn't know what to do with it), the manager told me she wasn't aware of any coupon :( so I ended up wasting my time... anyway, I'll get it at Amazon for the same price and without paying for tax!

I also tried to get some maternity jeans (mine are not very comfy anymore, and when I wear my rubber band and sit... Paul starts kicking like crazy!).. but I'm so small I couldn't find any!!!! I went to GAP and Old Navy and they told me they only have my size online :( so I guess I'll order them later on and pray so that they fit!

Tino
11-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Musiette - about my baby comforter, it just looks too short, but what to do? Oh well, I'm just going to live with it. He won't know the difference anyway! :)

Dreaming - that's so exciting for your DH! Baby kicks are soooo amazing!

Vero - have you tried getting a belly band? I still fit in my regular pants, but I cannot zip them at all. I love my belly band. You can get one at Motherhood for about $17. You put it over your unzipped pants and it holds them up. I highly recommend it. I'm wearing it again today! :) It is looser than a rubber band, but still holds the pants up well. Here's a pic of what it looks like: http://www.natakan.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/belly-band-300x300.jpg it really does work well! I'm so glad to be able to wear my regular pant because I don't want to buy a bunch of maternity ones until I absolutely have to. I'm a cheapo! :)

peakkm
11-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Tino-Honestly, you probably won't use the comforter since you aren't supposed to cover babies up. It's more for decoration for now! My mom made Jayna's bedding and we haven't really used the comforter except as a play blanket. When she moves to her toddler bed after the baby comes, she will probably use it then. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

ggill
11-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Dreaming- my dh just started feeling kicks this weekend too. he was so excited. I glad your DH was enjoying the kicking!

Vero- I have some bella bands and I really like them.

jennyandkev- I hate charlie horses, I have been so lucky not to get them at all yet.... I had a hard time transitioning to my side to sleep but I got a body pillow and that helps, and now it is so uncomfortable on my back/stomach that I always sleep on my side

Knut- Less than 100 days!! Where does the time go!

Peak-Thanks for the tip on the carseat. I am still excited!

Meggie- The 3d u/s sounds so cool! We are getting u/s monthly and my OB doesnt offer 3d so I think we will stick with the regular u/s since the insurance will cover them.

Tino- I am cheap too, I got a couple bella bands, a couple maternity shirts and DH sweats, I think I am set on clothes, especially since it is winter!

Melly- Glad to hear nothing is going on, that is always good! enjoy your family this weekend!

ggill
11-17-2008, 04:41 PM
My ticker mover to 7 months!!! i guess I am at the third tri? I am almost nervous to move! It seems to soon,

We went and registered today. We only picked the more necessary items. The registry lady told us at least 100 pieces is good, we only got to like 65. I think that is enough. I might add a couple things and we Might get to 70 pieces, but no where near 100. I kinda enjoyed registering but DH was so bored he took my fun out of it. I will just edit online without all his bored sighs....

knutfugget
11-17-2008, 11:58 PM
ggill Congrats! I'll be joining you in the third tri in a couple more days ;). I still can't believe how quickly the time has gone! November is half over and that brings us one month closer to delivering. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/42.gif I keep jumping between being really excited and really nervous, lol!

Vero I think A LOT of people are very frustrated with Target right now. ;)

Melly The time is already flying for me! But you're right, the holidays are going to make it zoom by even faster.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Not much new here. My next appt is on Wednesday. I have to do the "oh so fun" glucose test. :rolleyes: Can you tell I'm looking forward to it? LOL!

I'm still having sleeping issues, which seem to be getting worse as I get bigger. I figure it's going to continue until Hailey is born, so I'll deal with it. It's hard to be overly miserable when the baby kicks all the time and reminds me what all the discomfort is for. :) Sure I'm tired/sore right now, but I'm going to have my sweet little girl in a few months and I won't even care anymore! :D

Vero
11-18-2008, 09:37 AM
ggill -- Congrats on moving to the third tri! I'll join you after Christmas :D

knut -- LOL about Target... I agree, many people must be totally pissed about the issue with the Britax carseats. Sorry you are having sleeping troubles :( but as you said... it all be worth it once you get to hold your little girl :)

Tino -- thanks for the advice on the belly band... in the end I was lucky yesterday, I decided to go to a different Old Navy store and got a nice pair of maternity slacks (I have an interview tomorrow and had NOTHING to wear) and a pair of jeans, for less than $30 each :D

My appointment is tomorrow... and as always, it makes me nervous! at least now I feel little Paul move all the time, so that's a relief :)

Have a nice day ladies!

Melly652
11-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Vero - I have tried other (more expensive) maternity jeans, and old navy are the only ones that are comfortable. I got a pair online for $14. Good luck with the interview and your appointment!

I had a little breakdown last night with my DH. I have been feeling completely overwhelmed. I feel like there is so much to do to prepare for the baby - physically getting through the pregnancy, buying all the "best" baby products, getting the house organized, etc... I know I have his help and support, but for some reason I felt like I needed to do ALL of it - just part of being a "good" mom. Has anyone else felt this way?

In more exciting news, our baby furniture is finally in and is being delivered today! Is it too soon to set up the bedding? I just want to see the room put together :)

Tino
11-18-2008, 11:56 AM
peakm - thanks for the advice about the comforter, I think I might hang it on the wall as a decoration instead of trying to use it. Is that silly? We have really tall walls because the ceilings are vaulted, so I don't think it would look out of place.

vero - I'm glad you found some good pants!! Way to go! :)

ggill - I know what you mean about trying to register with DH. My DH HATES shopping for anything, ever. We went to Walmart to register and I accidentally printed out a checklist from the registry printer, this was an excellent mistake. It gave him a mission, he read down the list "gear: car seat, stroller..." and I frantically scanned stuff until we got to the end. It kept him on task and gave him a purpose and it was easier for me too because I wasn't just trying to think of things on my own or standing there debating about which thing to scan. I did the Target one by myself that that took forever and was a struggle. Too many decisions!!!

I ordered some baby furniture from JC Penney. We put the dresser together last night and it is beautiful!!! I'm soooo pleased with it and I was just about in tears because I was finally able to put the few things I already have for him in the drawers! It made it feel so real.

Vero
11-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Tino -- Congrats on getting your dresser!!! I sooo want to get mine to be able to finally put the little clothes in the drawers :D I think we'll order ours at the end of November, because my mom is coming for a weekend in January and it would be great if she can give me a hand with all the laundry and setting up a bit the room.

I guess I'm lucky!.. DH loves to shop LOL, so at least he hasn't given me too many headaches about the stuff we need to get... he DID seem quite overwhelmed when I started listing things we need and also showing him my "research" (I really have nothing to do at work!), but I think he appreciated that I took time to search for good quality and good price options ;)

peakkm
11-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Tino-I think putting it up on the wall is a great idea!!! Mine has just laid in a basket for 10 months now!!!!! We ordered our furniture for Jayna from JCPenney too. Stinks you can't see it before you buy it, but I LOVE what we did order and it is great!!!! It has held up really well (all but the little part Jayna decided to chew on!)!

My DH is NOT a shopper at all! But I told him after we find out what the baby is, we are going to register! I will plan my appointment for morning and he will take the day off. We don't have a whole lot to register for. A lot of stuff we will get will be for Jayna as the baby will be using her crib and stuff. The bedding we have is unisex. We just need to get a double stroller and a few other items. My best friend just had a boy, so if we have a boy, we will have boy stuff and if it's a girl, we already have that!

ggill
11-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Tino- I think that list would have helped my Dh as well! He just kinda looked off into space!

Vero- Goodluck on your interview! Hopefully you can leave your boss soon!

Peak- I cant even think double stroller!

melly- i have been feeling that way too, actually I feel like everyone else gets to do stuff and I dont. I have only done a little touch up painting, my mom is making the bedding, DH is remodeling the bathroom, I just get to delegate and some cleaning, which is not fun!

Knut- it was nice to read "I'm tired/sore right now, but I'm going to have my sweet little girl in a few months and I won't even care anymore!". I needed the reminder!

I am frustrated with my OB. They wanted me to come in for another u/s becuase they didnt get a good pic of the babies heart. I have already had 2 echocardiograms done by a pediatric cardiologist! I told the radiologist cant the doctor look at those! All those u/s were was the heart! I think my OB just wants more $$$. They do not even look in my chart. I see a different doc every time and we have 6 or 8 in the practice! I am not a fan of the quality of care I am getting, and if possible will have the rest of my babies elsewhere! I think I am going to ask to only see the same one or 2 doctors the rest of the pregnancy. Ugh!

starlettemax
11-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Ok, I got results for the nuchal scan this morning: we had very good results our risk falls in the 1 in greater than 10,000 range, so the doc. said those were really good odds.

On to some bad news though, when the doc called me this morning she gave me quite a scare because she told me in the scan there was a pretty large cyst on my right ovary and she wanted me to take it easy for a couple of weeks until she can scan me again to make sure it hasn't grown more. She said there could be a problem and she may have to perform surgery in order to remove it so that it doesn't permanently damage my ovary. I'm very worried about this, has anyone had this happen? And do you know what can be done on my end? My doc seemed to not be too concerned except for asking me to cut back on my hours at work because of stress, and this way I could lay down and rest more.

peakkm
11-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Starlette-It seems like a few women on the 1st tri boards also have cysts. It seems like their OB's have told them they should go away towards the end of the 1st tri, so hopefully it will go away soon!!! Just take it easy and don't lift anything too heavy!

Ggill-LOL about the double stroller!!! I will definitely need one. Jayna will be almost 16 months when this baby is born! That is very frustrating about your docs!!!!!!

jennyandkev1020
11-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Starlet, I just wanted to let you know that I also have 2 good sized cysts on my left ovary that my OB is watching....most likely from the clomid I took.(as I overstimulated) A few weeks ago The u/s tech was surprised when I told her I didn't feel painful on my left side, she said they were sizable. I actually have had some discomfort there the last 2 days, I'm wondering if mine are changing now. Anyway, my OB said it would be highly unusual to need surgery but possible. I am cutting back my work hours in a few weeks, hopefully this will help. Good luck with yours.

suzanlynn1973
11-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Starlette - I went to the OB today for abdominal pain and after doing an exam, she wanted me to get an u/s done to see if the tech could see anything (cyst, kidney stone, something wrong with the baby, etc...) The tech said I have a cyst on my ovary as well. She didn't say how big it was, but that it was probably causing the abdominal pain.

I swear, I have had problems almost every week now since I've been pregnant...from sinus infection, pink eye, placenta previa and now this. I guess b/c my DD's pregnancy went off without a hitch this one is gonna be a doosy! lol Luckily I haven't had any morning sickness, but still....I think I would have rather had that then everything else! lol

I did ask the tech about the placenta previa, and because she didn't do the vaginal u/s she said she really couldn't see anything. She asked when I was coming back for my next checkup and I told her Dec 10th, so she scheduled me in that afternoon as well for a follow-up u/s! :) I'll be almost 17 weeks then and that's the time they can do the "optional" gender scan (which we decided not to do), but since they're looking......maybe we'll find out the baby's sex!!!! The LO's heartrate this time was 153bpm...down from 158 last week and 168 from week 5. Guess he/she is regulating pretty well now! :)

Hope everyone is having a good week! :)

knutfugget
11-19-2008, 01:33 AM
Susan I hope things settle down for you soon! It's not fun having an "eventful" pregnancy. :(

starlette I've never had a cyst during pregnancy, or a cyst that didn't rupture on its own. I hope yours doesn't become a problem!

ggill You're welcome for the reminder :). I have to remind myself frequently these days. ;) We're only going to get bigger and more uncomfortable but we really don't have that much longer to go! :D

Having a different doctor every time would irritate me, too! How are they supposed to keep up on your info that way?!

Hope everyone else is doing well. :)

Hailey stuck her something (head? butt? arm? No idea!) out of my stomach tonight and it HURT! :( There was this little hard thing sticking out of me and it felt like it was ripping me apart. I pressed on it with my hand for a minute or two and then it moved. I remember Nate doing that to me, too. With him, it became a habit - something he would do every couple of days or several times a day. I hope Hailey is more mellow! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/40.gif

Regular appointment and GD test tomorrow. Wish me luck! :) Still can't believe we're only a few days away from 3rd tri. Time flies!

starlettemax
11-19-2008, 02:22 AM
peak, jenny, and knut, thanks for the encouragement, i hope the cyst goes away on its own too.

Jenny, hope your cysts disappear soon and that you won't have to have surgery.

knut have a good appointment tomorrow. I hope the gd test gives you good results.

Susan- I hope you get calmer days ahead, I'm sorry about your cyst too. I hope taking it easy and slowing down will be just what we need in order to get these cysts under control. So you probably are going to get to find out what the baby is soon, that's exciting, I can't wait to find out what our lo is.

Vero
11-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Starlette -- I posted in the first tri boards... sorry about your cyst! I hope it goes away on its own **hugs**

Knut -- so, we are "appointment buddies" today LOL... I also go for mine this afternoon :)

ggill -- thanks for the good luck! This is not a "formal" interview, more like a talk with a VP that may help me get the real interview... but still... keep your fingers crossed! :D

I've been feeling a bit hypoglycemic lately :( I just hope I won't have a bad surprise in a few weeks when I go for my GTT!

Hope everyone has a great day! One more week and I'm traveling to California, yay!! :)

jennyandkev1020
11-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Suzan- That's great about your appointment on December 10th! I also have my U/S that day and hope to find out what we will be having too! Much luck to all the ladies!!

Musiette
11-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Hello ladies, hope everyone is doing better. sorry bout everyone who has had the cyst. They are not fun.

Knut- g/l with your gtt. I dont plan on doing it again if they want me to. I already did this prego and they should have waited. I cant do again.

Well I hope all is going ok. Its really cold here. I hate the cold and we got lots of snow. It was weird. We got like 3 in. and if you drive about 15 mins toward the city of butler they really got nothing.

Ok take care ladies

dreaming
11-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Ok, so I was just looking at the bumps on the pictures thread and I still can't believe that I'm not bigger. Some days it feels like my skin is stretched to it's limit and other days it seems like I'm shrinking! Not to mention that I've only gained 3 lbs (actually I gained 10 and lost 7 to be more precise). I know I'll gain weight because I was asked to start drinking protein shakes to get the calories and nutrition that the babies need, because I'm obviously not getting enough with my 3 meals and 2 snacks/ day. They're taking the nutrients from me faster than I can put them back in my body - especially with the restricted diet for the GD.

Also, on a stranger note, Emma has started kicking me just under my breasts- I didn't think they would be that far up yet, but for the last three days I have felt her there consistently! Maybe that's why I can't eat much, either. My stomach is smushed!

I'll be back to do personals - I just needed to vent about that.

Tino
11-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Starlette - I had cysts after our IVFs both times. This time I was pretty uncomfortable because it seems like pregnancy made it more intense. They told me to drink lots of fluids and I also had to sleep with the head of the bed elevated. I think they eventually went away because I haven't been bothered by it for a long time now. :) Good luck! Take it easy, and like someone else said, don't lift anything!!!

dreaming - I'm only expecting one, but I feel like that a lot (that my baby bump changes). I think that is normal because if you think about it, it probably depends on what is in your stomach, bowels, etc, not just how big the babies are. Those are changable everyday.

knutfugget
11-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Weight: + 5 (14 total)
Blood pressure: 128/82 (looking good!)
Baby's HB: 140's (she was sleeping)
Abdomen: 27cm (measuring right on)

Things are looking good so far. I get the results of my glucose tolerance test tomorrow, along with my anemia results. No problems or concerns right now. My blood pressure was slightly higher than usual today, but we're pretty sure that my huge fear of needles had something to do with that.

We're moving to having appointments every THREE weeks instead of four now. Count down until D-Day has begun. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/69.gif

knutfugget
11-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Vero How'd the appt go? :)

dreaming The bigger you get, the less room there is for food in there! I've found I'm getting indigestion a lot more and that I'm unable to eat large amounts. With you having twins, I'm betting it's going to happen to you sooner!

starlettemax
11-20-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm up super early, I've been waking up around 4am every day, no matter what time I go to sleep! It's kind of weird.

Vero, I'm curious to hear about your appointment and your meeting with the person at the potential employer.

Musiette- try to stay bundled up and toasty. I live in Houston, so, I actually love it when it gets cold, but that's because we hardly ever have extreme temperatures in the winter, just the summer!

Dreaming- how'd emma get all the way up there? lol, I thought that was funny.

Tino- thanks, I'm trying to take it easy and not lift anything, I didn't go walking at all this week, I normally go hardcore walking about 2 or 3X per week.

knut- your stats look pretty good. I hope the gd test is just as good too.

I can't wait for my DH to get back in town, he's been gone since Sunday! What a week to be gone. I heard from him last night and was happy to hear he's going to be back a day early, so tomorrow evening he should be back!

Vero
11-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Knut -- Glad your appointment went well :D

Dreaming -- Yes, your poor stomach must not have a lot of room anymore... usually Paul is very low, but some days I have the feeling he "climbs" LOL and I cannot eat as much, I feel as if I swallowed a turkey and got stuck in my throat!... I cannot imagine how it must be with two in there!

Starlette -- thanks for asking :) the meeting with the potential employer went well (at least it seemed that way!). Even though I went only with the excuse of "researching the industry", he made me talk to their VP of Operations and asked me to leave my resume in case there are opportunities either with them or with any of their partners... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed ;)

About my appointment... well, everything seems fine, I gained 2 more pounds, so 4 in total, HR was in the 150's, Paul was kicking A LOT... he kicked the doppler and made the nurse jump, it was quite funny :p, BP around 120/70 (for some reason when I measure at home it's always around 100/60, but at the doctors I get 120/70 all the time).

I asked my doctor about the menstrual-like cramping I've been having and how I got scared last week. She got a bit worried and even though I'm not bleeding decided to do a pelvic exam to check my cervix... cervix is closed (phew!), but she told me I should keep monitoring my BH and cramping and if I get even a mild cramping I should stop anything I'm doing, drink a bottle of water and lay down until the cramping goes away... and if it does not go away... to call her immediately. So well, fortunately I haven't had any major cramping since last week, and I hope it stays that way! And finally... I got my lab order for the famous GTT that I will take in 4 weeks...

Hope everybody has a great day!

Vero
11-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Yay!! my ticker moved to the 6th month :D time is flying!

Melly652
11-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Starlette - My DH was gone for 2 weeks this month on business. I hated the first week, so I made my parents come stay the second week :)

Vero - I'm glad your appointment went well. It's great that your OB did a pelvic exam - just to know that everything is okay.

Well, I just got back from my OB appointment, and everything looks great except for my blood pressure. It was 130/80 - which is still within normal range, but high for me. I am usually 120/60. I have to go back next week to have it checked again. I am already cutting most sodium out of my diet, so she just told me to keep walking everyday and try to keep my feet elevated when I am resting. She also said that I am on target to gain about 35 lbs total - which I am happy about. I've gained 18 lbs so far. Well, I've got to get some cleaning done - DH's sister and her family are coming in town tomorrow. I can't wait to see them!

Vero
11-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Melly -- I'm glad your appointment went well :D btw, I wanted to ask you if you are taking the childbirth classes at Woman's Hospital... DH and I registered for middle January :p Have fun with your visitors!

Where is everybody else??? already on holiday vacation? LOL I'm having a hard time staying awake.. I feel I'm going to fall asleep on my laptop, fortunately I get to leave in like 45 min... can't wait to be home!

Melly652
11-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Vero - we are planning on taking some of the classes at Women's hospital. Probablly the childbirth, breastfeeding and infant CPR classes. I haven't registered yet, but I'll probablly take them sometime in early January (after the holidays).

knutfugget
11-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Melly My BP was up a little at the last appt, too. They're going to watch it and hope it was stress about the GTT. Have you moved to 3 week appts instead of 4 yet? Part of that is to keep an eye on us for things like pre-e. One appt isn't anything to worry about. They look for it to go up and stay up. Hopefully you'll be fine. :)

Vero Congrats on 6th month! :)

starlette Hope your DH is home soon! I hate trying to sleep alone. I'm used to using DH as a pillow by now, lol.

For those that don't read the Preggo Moms Thread, I found out today I failed the 1hr test. I'm doing the 3hr test first thing in the morning tomorrow. My ticker also bumps over to 7th month tomorrow, so I'll be hopping boards! See you all over there in a few more weeks. :)

Hoping the 3 hr goes better, but doubting it will. I think I'm just doomed to prick my fingers and eat rabbit food for the remainder of the pregnancy. :p

Vero
11-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Melly -- We registered for Childbirth, Infant CPR, Breastfeeding and the one for new parents (don't remember the exact name of the class). We tried to fit everything in the last 2 weekends of January, because the first weekend we won't be in town, the second one my mom is coming to visit/help with the nursery, and then in February DH has a ton of training at work, so it would be hard to schedule something :p

Knut -- As I posted in the preggo moms board (yes, I'm an infiltrated LOL), I'm really sorry you didn't pass the 1 hr GTT :( I'll keep my fingers crossed today for the 3 hr one!! And congrats on graduating to the 3rd tri!!

Now, seriously... where is everybody else???

peakkm
11-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm still here!!! I read, but don't post much, kinda hard with a toddler running (ok well not quite running yet) around now!!

Jessi-I hope your 3 hr goes well today!!!!

Those that are taking classes, they may be filled with a lot of stuff you already know, but they are good for DH!!! We took one with Jayna and won't do it this time as I will be a scheduled c-section, so really no point.

Vero
11-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Yep.. my MAIN reason to take the classes is DH... he doesn't react that well to blood, IV, hospitals in general LOL, so I figured if at least he goes to the class it would help him realize whether or not he'll be able to handle being with me during delivery. I really want him to be there! but I don't want to have to deal with a "greenish-looking-about-to-faint-husband" when I'm pushing! :p

Melly652
11-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Knut - I actually forgot to make my next appointment while I was there yesterday, so I'm not sure if I'll be moving to appointments every 3 weeks or not. I'll schedule it when I'm in next week to have my blood pressure taken, so we'll see. I'm sorry you have to do the 3-hour GTT test. Hopefully everything goes well. I keep telling myself we don't have that much longer before we can hold our babies :)

Vero - We are also doing the classes mostly for my DH. I have read A TON and have also been around for all 6 of nieces and nephews through the years. DH doesn't really know what to do with a baby...he's been "practicing" on my 1 week old niece :) He still can't bring himself to change a diaper though - I have a lot of work to do with him!

Tino
11-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Hey all! I signed us up for the breastfeeding, baby care, infant cpr and prepared childbirth classes. DH is relatively new to babies and though I've had lots of experience with them over the years, I could use a refresher course too! Breastfeeding will be a whole new ball game, but I want to do it and succeed at it because I know it is really important!

Lately the magnitude of the life change we are about to undergo has been on my mind! We have been together just the 2 of us for 8 years (married 8 anyway, we go back at least 4 before that)! It's like the end of an era. As much as we both want this baby and are happy for him to come, it is a little sad that we will not be "just the 2 of us" anymore. But I am totally happy to be pregnant and have wanted this for SOOOOOOOO long, we both have! Also, I'll be quitting my job to stay home, so we're in for a big change in that area too. Talk about an adjustment. Have any of you had any of these feelings or am I totally crazy??? :)

Musiette
11-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Hello ladies...just wanted to tell yall to have a nice weekend. NOt much going on here. Been a little sick, but I just need some sleep. Be back on again on Monday.

Vero
11-21-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm so ready for the weekend... my boss was HORRIBLE today... made me cry :( (of course not in front of him). I just hate when he treats me like crap... I was telling DH that I HATE my job so much I would rather work cleaning the elephant's toilet at the zoo...

Anyway... the weekend is only 26 minutes away and tomorrow we are hosting brunch for a few friends (just like 10 total, so not too many, but fun enough), so I'll go to the store for a few things I'm missing and then I can enjoy my evening baking goodies :)

Nice weekend to everybody!!

Laurend0517
11-21-2008, 05:57 PM
vero I am so sorry about your boss! What a jerk!!

peakkm
11-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Tino-Those feelings are totally normal!! I am so glad you can stay home with your LO. There are days that it is stressful and frustrating and you'd rather be at work, but those are totally normal feelings as well. Just make sure you get some time to yourself every once in awhile!!

Vero
11-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend :)

We ordered the crib, mattress and dresser/changer combo yesterday, through Amazon :D it should ship at the beginning of December... can't wait to put them together at home!

DH is getting a cold/flu, so I hope he'll be better by Wednesday because we are flying to Los Angeles for Thanksgiving and he gets ear pain when he travels with a cold... so keep my fingers crossed! (and keep him drinking fluids).

Where is everyone??

starlettemax
11-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey vero- whenever I read about people buying stuff, I get totally excited. I can't wait to go buy things for our little one! Ok, and on a different post, I'm sorry about your boss, he seems like he has some sort of psychological disorder! Seriously, something is wrong with him.

Vero and Melly congrats on the good results at your appointments last week.

And Knut, I'm sorry about you failing the 1 hr test, I hope the 3 hr one was better for you.

Tino- I think I get what you're talking about when you refer to the "magnitude of life change." I start getting so excited and then before you know it I'm a nervous wreck about how things are going to be next year, then I go back to excitement. I think I'm trying not to let the worries overwhelm me so I'm overcompensating with excitement, if that makes any sense! And as far as the job goes, I'm planning on being on an indefinite leave from work. I have the luxury of practically working for myself through two agencies, but I'm having strange attachment to work issues. I start hearing about an interesting project that will be going on next year and start imagining myself trying to do it, then I remember that I probably won't be there, and I get a little sad. But you're so right, I've waited for this baby for so long, it's all worth it in the end, I think it's just the adjustment period, you know? It's me trying to get used to how things are going to be after May.

Musiette, I hope you're feeling better.

An update on my cyst- I did not have any pains last week and I took care of myself very well. This morning about my usual potty break time, 4am, I got up and as soon as I stood up I had a sharp/severe pain in my right lower abdomen, I got straightened up and then made it through emptying my bladder ok. I went back to bed and had another sharp little pain, but was able to go back to sleep. When I got up for good around 7:30, I had another very severe pain and felt like I couldn't breathe because it was BAD. Then another one on my left side, but not as severe. So I called the dr. and they are fitting me in today at 11 for a scan to check on the cyst and possibly admitting me for surgery, depending on how it looks. I'm a little nervous, but not scared, I'm glad I was able to get in today. And I haven't had any more severe pains, I just feel kind of sore in my abdomen.

Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to the graduates moving to the 3rd tri. And welcome to the new 2nd tri grads!

Bizzijoe
11-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Starlett-Oh no keep us updated as able!! I hope everything comes out okay!!! Good luck.

I don't have time for many more personals I just wanted to post a short vent. I worked my usual 12 hour shifts all weekend (I'm a nurse on an Orthopedic Med/Surg unit) on my feet all the time. So I have a right to get crabby if I want to right. Expecially if I'm on a 4 day stretch and feel like a moose most days. Right. Well all that aside I had one of the housekeepers at work who I don't really like come up to me this weekend and granted I'm so happy to be finally showing (I'm a big girl). She is an older lady and comes and says "WOW You have really grown!!! You sure are big. Are you sure there is only one in there? I think your dr might be wrong!" Honestly why do people think it is right to tell a pregnant person how big she is. I thought it would be okay but when I'm crabby already I just find it very insulting! I would never walk up to someone and comment how big she is!!!! :mad: Some people can be so rude! I know that alot of PG people get the 'are you sure there is only one in there?' but why....why must people say that? It certainly isn't funny and wouldn't we know if there were more than one!!! ...................Ok I'm done now I just needed to get that off my chest. She just happened to be the first one to say that to me and caught me at a bad time!
I hope the rest of you ladies are doing okay!! I'm moving on to the third tri at the end of this week!!!!! HOLY COW!!!! Time is moving fast!! Almost in the home stretch!

katiejill
11-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Bizzie- I feel your pain hunny! I got SOOOO big with Brett and I knew I was big. After about the millionth person asking me if I was having twins, triplets or whatever...I totally snapped. Just vent all you want, but it happens and people aren't shy about it either. (and men on top of it all) I literally had to tell one lady if she keeps asking me if they are sure I am only carrying one I was going to get upset. She stopped after that. Just remember you are beautiful and what is making you so big is a cute bundle of joy!!!!

Vero
11-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh, believe me!! with my bipolar boss... I've heard all the possible inappropriate questions/comments about my pregnancy... I feel your pain!!! :(

I found an article in the internet about "how to reply to pregnancy/childbirth questions", they give 3 options: the Desperate Distractions, Wonderful Wisecracks and Perfectly Polite ones... I found some of them hilarious LOL so, I'm posting some of them here to share a laugh ;)

What are you having?
Contractions. Gimme a minute here.
We're hoping for a baby.
It's a boy!

Was this planned?
Was that Elvis??
No, we were kind of hoping Steve would get pregnant this time.
Yes, we're thrilled.

Are you going to breastfeed?
Oh my! Look at the time.
I could tell you but I'd have to kill you.
Yes, that's the plan.

How long do you plan on breastfeeding?
Did you lose weight? You look fabulous!
Until he's twelve.
As long as I can, but we'll see how it goes.

Why aren't you breastfeeding?
What do you think sounds better, "potayto" or "potahto"?
Are you volunteering for the job?
Bottle-feeding works out better for our situation.

How long will you take off work?
Did I just hear the fire alarm?
Until they apprehend me in Mexico with the payroll checks.
I'm working that out with my boss right now.

Are you having a natural childbirth?
I'm delivering at Valley Regional. They come highly recommended.
No, I'm having a pretend childbirth where you deliver a Cabbage Patch doll.
No two deliveries are the same, so I'm going to play it by ear.

Did you have to have an episiotomy?
You know I've never known how to spell that! Why don't you go look it up?
Did you have to have that lobotomy?
Indeed I did... pass the Tylenol!

Why did you have a C-section?
Don't you just love autumn?
Geez, I guess checked the wrong box on the delivery preferences form!
The baby was in danger, but she's fine now.

Bizzijoe
11-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Thank you ladies!!! Vero I loved those they were hilarous!!! I really needed that! I'm definately going to use some of those responses. I loved them!

suzanlynn1973
11-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Vero...that was TOO FUNNY!! I'll have to remember those as I get bigger! :)

Well one of my tellers today told me that I am finally starting to look pregnant. WOOT! :) I did go out to Motherhood Maternity tonight and bought a generic version of the bella band. I tried it on (had to get the big girl size and wanted to make sure it wasn't too loose) and asked the girl if I could just wear it out of the store. lol It felt SO MUCH BETTER to have my jeans unbuttoned and partially unzipped!!!!! I'm definitely wearing it tomorrow to work!!! :) I laid down on the floor and showed my fiance's mom the bump tonight. I had extra padding there to begin with, so its hard to tell unless I lay down and let the fat go to the sides! lol Now if I could bind my boobs so they wern't so big! hehe You'll see once I take a pic of the bump in a few weeks once it gets bigger.

Other than that it was a very quiet Monday. The banking business always slows down around the holidays. We'll be busy on Wednesday (payday) but on Friday we expect to be dead as a doornail! :)

Everyone have a great Tuesday!!!!

starlettemax
11-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I have an update: I am going in for surgery today. The doc could not see the right ovary at all in our scans yesterday so they brought in an u/s tech. and she was able to find it, but could not get a good view of the cyst(s). The right ovary is not where it's supposed to be, which lead my doctor to believe that it's starting to twist and close off which could be very bad for the ovary because that would cause it to lose circulation and therefore not function anymore. I go in at 12noon for prep and surgery is around 2. I'll try to have dh post an update later.

Vero
11-25-2008, 10:24 AM
So sorry Starlette!!! I'll keep you in my prayers... hope you have a smooth surgery and quick and easy recovery... ***hugs***

Laurend0517
11-25-2008, 10:41 AM
good luck starlette!

Melly652
11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow! I'm gone for a long weekend and I miss so much...I'll try to go back as far as I can.

Tino - I completely know what you mean about the life change really hitting you. I actually quit work right before we found out we were pregnant. It was an adjustment both financially and emotionally. I love it now though. Everytime we have our nieces or nephews over, we keep thinking...this will be our kids running around the house in a couple of years :) I don't think there is anything that can completely prepare us for how our lives are about to change!

As for people thinking you look big - I'm just glad they can tell that I'm pregnant now, and not just fat! Strangers have started being really nice about opening doors or carrying things for me...I guess I look like I needed the help!

Starlette - I am so sorry you have to have surgery. I will say a little prayer for you. Hopefully this will take care of it and all the pain will go away.

As for me, I have an appointment in the morning to have my blood pressure checked again since it was a little high last week. I am planning on going for a massage tomorrow afternoon also, and I can't wait! Our hospital has a massage therapy place and they are not to bad on price. I'm also going for a pedicure today because I can't reach my toes anymore, and DH refuses to paint them :) I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and for those traveling, have a safe trip!

dreaming
11-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Starlette- I'm so sorry that you need surgery! Good luck today!

Melly- have fun at your pedicure! I've been wanting one, but haven't found been able to get there yet!

suzan- it's so much fun when you start to show!

Vero- those were so funny!

Bizzi- I'm so sorry that she said that to you! Why is it that people think they can say whatever they want to a pregnant woman?

That's as far back as I can go. Update on me: Things are going well. I think I’m gaining weight, so that’s a huge plus! DH is doing awesomely! He’s happier and dealing with some of his issues through therapy. Last night I stayed at home with him, and he was very surprised because I usually only stay at home on the weekends. Of course, I stayed at home because my mother has the flu and I didn’t want to catch it. I did have the flu shot last week, but I felt icky yesterday and today with sneezing and coughing. We’ll see how it pans out. I go for my fetal EKG today… that should be fun. My sister and niece will keep me company on this visit because DH couldn’t get the time off. So I have to drive to my sister’s house which is 20 minutes from my job, then another 20-30 minutes (thankfully in the same direction) to the doctor’s office. I’m sure everything is fine. They said this is standard because I used fertility treatments. Specifically, they recommend it to women who’ve had IVF, but now they’re expanding it to IUI’s too.

Guzadog
11-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Good luck Starlettemax! I'm sure it will go well.

I haven't been on very much but had my 15 week check-up today - blood test for spina bifada/tox screen, blood pressure, weight (I've gained one kilo) and got to hear the heartbeat which was really neat! Also, got some magnesium which will help with my constipation (apologies for tmi - but, honestly, it's been awful) and just asked a couple of the questions I've had which was reassuring.

We don't do another ultrasound until January 5th (the "big" one) - because we opted out of the nuteal scan.

Hope everyone is doing well!

suzanlynn1973
11-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Lucky Guz!!!! Your big u/s is the day before mine! (unless they can tell the sex in 2 weeks!) I'm looking forward to seeing the LO again. I think I felt she/he move this weekend, but I'm not absolutely sure. I know it wasn't gas. It just felt like someone touched me very gently, so I'm not sure. I happened 2 times this weekend and then again a few mins ago. I don't wanna get all excited and it not be the LO. For everyone with their 2nd baby....how soon did you feel movement?

Starlette.....I hope everything went well with your surgery today and you get to feeling better soon!!!

Melly....I know what you mean about the pedi!! My fiance won't touch feet...so once I get too big to paint my toenails I'll have to go get pedi's done! I've already said that about 3 days before my due date I'm going to get a pedicure done so I look pretty with my feet in the stirrups! hehe I saw a pic of his ex's foot from when she was still in stirrups...(it mainly focused on their son who had just been born) and OMG...I swore at that point that my feet would NEVER look like that!!! lol

starlettemax
11-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi ladies, (this is super long, but bear with me)!

I made it through ok. There was more involved in the surgery than originally planned. My cyst was gigantic (tmi- about the size of an orange) and the ovary was not in good shape because of it, so they had to completely remove it. It seems there were abnormal cells on the outside lining of the ovary that looked like they might be precancerous, so my ob/gyn opted to get it out instead of having to back in after it later. Luckily we had discussed this before the surgery. I was in recovery for about 2 hours and left the hospital around 6:15. I'm at home with Chandler and my sissie. They are taking very good care of me. I'm in pain and luckily, I did get prescription pain pills along with anti-inflammatory, but I haven't taken them yet. I'm thinking of taking them soon. Thanks for your good thoughts and encouragement. I'm ok to move about the house with assistance and I'm not to do anything major for about 4 or 5 days. Also, the baby is doing just fine, the heartbeat registered normally on the ultrasound. That was scary too, it took them about 45 mins. of trying to find the heartbeat with a hand held doppler device, they finally had to call a neighboring clinic to borrow an ultrasound machine and as soon as they looked with that, they found the heartbeat. I was so relieved! I'm going to eat something soon and then take my pain pills so I can sleep comfortably.

Guzadog
11-26-2008, 04:43 AM
Starlettemax - very glad to hear that the surgery went well and sorry about the ovary. Very glad that the baby is doing well. Yesterday, it took a bit to find the heartbeat of my little one as well - the doctor said sometimes they move around and hide a bit. I hope you recovery well and soon!

Susanlyn - I'm so jealous you get another ultrasound in two weeks! I've been wondering too if I've felt movement - a few times, in the middle of the night, if I do something foolish (like try and lie on my stomach) I get a bit of a flutter ... so cool!

Take care everyone!

Vero
11-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Starlette --- Glad you and your LO are doing OK :) sorry about your ovary though :( but in those cases it's better safe than sorry... I'll keep you in my prayers for a fast recovery ***hugs***

bshawley
11-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Starlette - I am glad you made it through the surgery well. I'm sorry about your ovary, but it definitely sounds like it was the right thing to do. My grandmother survived ovarian cancer, and I think your doctor made the right decision to be cautious. I'm also so relieved to hear your LO is okay, too.

Well, I'm posting here for the first time. I'm 13 weeks, 2 days and for some reason my m/s is back with a vengeance. I think the LO is letting me know I'm not completely into the 2nd trimester yet. :) I don't know what I'll be able to eat for Thanksgiving tomorrow, but showing the U/S pics will be worth smelling all of that food.

Happy Thanksgiving!

jenmccll
11-26-2008, 08:01 PM
hope everyone enjoys there thanksgiving! i have so much to be thankful for this year! anyway just wanted to say hello all :)

Melly652
11-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Vero - I saw your post about losing your job. It is definitely for the best. I'm sure it's stressful, but there are so many opportunities in the Houston area right now for engineering. Houston is one of the few job markets that hasn't slowed down too much. I wish you the best!

Starlette - I am so glad that the surgery went okay. I agree with your OB - it is better to be safe and I'm sure you wouldn't want to go through surgery again later. It sounds like you have a good OB taking care of you and your little one. I hope you have a quick recovery and take advantage of the people around you :)

Jen - I think all of us here are especially thankful this Thanksgiving :) I hope everyone enjoys the day.

As for me, I went back to have my blood pressure taken again, and it was 120/70 - still a little high for me. So, I have to go back again next week to have it taken. She recommended getting a blood pressure monitor and checking it every couple of days just to make sure it doesn't go higher. I also had my massage this morning and I feel great! I had no idea how tense I was. I highly recommend it to every pregnant woman!

suzanlynn1973
11-27-2008, 02:01 AM
Adriana - I'm glad everything went well with your surgery. i'm sorry about your ovary, but like everyone is saying...better safe than sorry. I'm glad your LO is doing well as well. :)

Jen - You know, I hadn't thought of that, but we should all be so Thankful tomorrow for our LO's (past, present and future). For some of us we tried so long to be pregnant and it is great when you think about it where we are now. Puts a smile on my face!!! :)

Guz - trust me, the only reason they're doing the u/s in 2 weeks is to mainly check the placenta previa. but....to see the baby's sex will be an added bonus! hehe I'm hoping the placenta has migrated....pelvic rest STINKS!!!!! Second trimester is the best out of the 3, and I'm not even getting to enjoy it! lol I do think I felt the baby move again at dinner tonight. My fiance says its just in my head....but it has been the same each time. So I guess we'll just see what happens! :) Maybe the LO will like turkey and dressing and decide to make his/her self known again tomorrow! :)

bshawley - I know what you mean. Sometimes I just have an aversion to food. No throwing up per se, but sometimes I just don't feel like eating. I pigged out tonight @ Ryan's. I think it was b/c I ate lunch SUPER early (10:30) when I usually go to lunch at 1:00. So by the time I got home from work I was starving!

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!!!!!

starlettemax
11-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi everyone, I just wanted to get on and post how things are going now. I'm still in a bit of pain, but I'm getting a little bit better every day. I'm still taking prescription painkillers, and even though the doc told me it was safe for baby, I've been trying to go without for longer intervals than what is on the pill bottle. I think it's the equivalent of vicodin (hydocodone) something like that, and the dose is two every 4 hours or as needed. So, I've been trying to take 2 every 6 hours or more. My incisions are very itchy and I have burning sensations at them, I'm not sure if this means that I'm healing or if I should be worried? But I know I'm getting better because I'm a little more able to get up by myself and get down by myself too. I don't know if this is an effect of the meds or of the surgery scare, but every time I think of my LO (including now) I get all teary eyed and emotional. DH thinks is sweet, I think it's the first sign that I'm insane! lol.

Thank you guys for being there and being so supportive through this, it was nice to log in and see all the well wishes and get wells. I really love being on this board and that is one of the things (among many others this year) for which I'm grateful.

I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving, we did, I got to sit around at my in-laws house, my family was over there too, so we all had a BIG family get together and it was really fun.

I'm glad you made it on here Bshawley. Sorry about the returning m/s, I guess your little one is playing a holiday joke on you!

Melly- I hope you're able to lower the bp, the good thing is that if you get one of those monitors you can actually "practice" at getting it lower. And massages have got to help, I'm sure. I can't wait until I go get one.

Suzan- I'm thinking placenta moving thoughts for you, hopefully you get released of the pelvic rest. I can't wait to find out the sex of our lo too, I hope your lo cooperates in the u/s. Good luck.

peakkm
11-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Starlette-Glad the surgery went well and that you are feeling better!!

There is too much to catch up on...sorry ladies. I've been out of town since Wednesday! But I had an OB appointment before I left Wednesday and everything is going great!! My OB has an intern and she found the heartbeat almost immediately...in the 130's...so I have to say boy!! Jayna's was always in the 150's-160's. We have our gender scan on Christmas Eve..I'm so excited and can't wait!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and that everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!!

aimeeKY
11-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi everyone!
I haven't been on this site for some time but I wanted to say hi!

starlettemax
11-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi Aimee,

I don't remember reading anything from you, but good to see you back! How's your 2nd pregnancy going?

Musiette
11-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Hello ladies. HOpe everyones Thanksgiving was a good one. Ours was great. WE just got back from NJ where his brother lives. I hope to catch up on personals this week.

starlettemax
12-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Bon Voyage November!