PDA

View Full Version : October *Second Trimester* 13 weeks - 27 weeks

knutfugget
09-30-2008, 06:45 PM
http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/56.gif Happy Halloween! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/56.gif

Melly652
09-30-2008, 07:23 PM
WOW! I can't believe it's already October! It seems like the first 10 weeks were so slow, but now they are flying. In 2 weeks I will be half way there (20 weeks). Yeah!!!

knutfugget
09-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Melly For me, the time started flying again after our gender ultrasound, lol. The week of the ultrasound was sloooooow, but then things picked up again. I can't believe we're getting into October, though! The holidays are coming! :D

Congrats on being almost halfway! We make the halfway point this Sunday. ;) I don't know about you, but I'm so happy to be getting further along and feeling more secure that this baby is going to be alright. :)

dreaming
10-01-2008, 11:50 AM
I went for my regular appointment today and got to see the babies - they're growing so fast!! No pics this time, though. That darn u/s machine is so bad, I could barely make out one of the heartbeats. I did get some pics from the cervical scan last week. I'll work on uploading those today or tomorrow. Even though I couldn't see much I'm amazed at how big they're getting. They're 3 inches long each! I had the most uneventful appt in weeks and I was thrilled to not hear any bad news!

Melly652
10-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Knut - Yes, my anxiety is now switching from worrying about the baby to worrying about labor and delivery!

Dreaming - Glad to hear that you had an uneventful appointment :)

Okay ladies, I need some name advice. We are planning to keep our little girl's name a secret from our family and friends until she's born. It's the last suprise we have. I love this idea, but I'm dying for opinions on the name. We have agreed on Allison for a first name, but can't agree on a middle name. My DH likes Allison Riley. Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated!!

dreaming
10-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Melly, I like Allison Riley. Do you have any preferences?

I'm having trouble coming up with names that DH likes, although he hasn't come up with any yet but we still have a few weeks before we find out the sexes.

carleighstutz
10-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Melly - That is a REALLY cute name!!! I love it and I am sure your family will love it too :)

Names have been a MUCH bigger issue this time around...we finally decided on our names, though so once we find out what we are having in FIVE LONG WEEKS, then we will have it all done and can start the bonding process. If it is a boy it will be Caleb Anthony and if it is a girl it will be Emily Kathryn.

Picking out names is supposed to be FUN, so just remember that!!!!!

knutfugget
10-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Melly I think that sounds like a pretty name :).

Don't worry too much about labor and delivery. With how many of us on here are already on #2, it can't be THAT bad ;). Even with a less than ideal birth experience, it didn't scare anyone away from wanting more babies (yet!), LOL.

dreaming Naming is fun, but compromising with DH isn't always, LOL. My DH has bad taste in names sometimes, so he has ME make a list and then he vetoes the ones he doesn't like off it and we work from there. It's a process, but it's SO nice to be able to call the baby by name instead of "he/she" or "the baby" all the time. :)

Carleigh Sounds like you're all set to find out the gender! I bet it will be a boy since you had such a hard time choosing boy names this go around. With Nate, we could agree on a girl name but not boy, got a boy. This time we agreed on a boy name but struggled with our girl name, got a girl, LOL. Either way, I am dying to get an update on you! ;)

ggill
10-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Melly- I like the name as well! We are thinking about keeping our name a secret too, but it seems like it will be hard

dreaming- Glad to hear you had an uneventful appt! I also cant think of names if it is a girl. I think we are good on a name for a boy, but I am still considering other names as well, but am totally lost if it is a girl

Carleigh- I dont know when we will decide on definite names, probably not until January! I dont know how people can be so certain right away with names. I think I am overwhelming myself with to many names.

Knut- I cant believe it is half way- I am right about there now!

We have our u/s monday!!!!!!!!!! I kinda think it might be a girl, but I am not telling anyone I think that. DH and I do not really have a prefrence at this point. I do love little boys, but it would fun to shop for a girl!

Hope everyone is feeling good!

ggill
10-02-2008, 11:21 AM
I forgot to mention I think I am finally feeling some movements. I thought I did about a week ago, but then nothing. But I felt movements 2 days in a row now! DH is disapointed that HE cant feel anything yet!

dreaming
10-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Carleigh- I really like the names you've picked out, too. I'm so bad - I start to look over the list of the names I like and start adding to them... I should be making the list shorter, not longer!

ggill- good luck on Monday! I went shopping for two baby girls yesterday and I loved the clothes!

I scheduled my level 2 u/s for October 29th - that's 3 1/2 weeks from now. I'm a little nervous to find out the sexes. I don't know why, because I don't really have a preference. Otherwise, we're just taking it slow. I think I'm feeling stressed because DH is really overwhelmed and hasn't really been himself the last few weeks. We put the house hunt on hold and are just thinking about each day as it comes.

meggiebeth2
10-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I had my ultrasound today and.....IT'S A BOY!!!! I am so happy! I thought I'd be a little bummed about not having a little girl but I am not, I am so incredibley happy! I had a feeling it was going to be a boy even though everyone was telling me it was a girl. It is now very real, I love it! I hope all you gals are having a wonderful day...now I'm just waiting for DH to get off work so we can go shop!

Melly652
10-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Congrats Maggiebeth! finding out the gender is just one more way of bonding closer to your little one...Shopping for them is another :) Having a few things for the baby and picturing them in it is so much fun!

Thanks everyone for the opinions on the name. We are now debating between Allison Riley and Allison Sue (Sue is DH's Mom and Grandmother's middle name). It has been so fun to actually call her Allison :) DH is now talking to my belly and kisses her goodbye every morning!

Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing well - finding out the gender, deciding on names and shopping...this is definitely the best part of the pregnancy thus far!

carleighstutz
10-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Maggiebeth - CONGRATS on finding out it's a little boy!!!!!!! They are AWESOME :) :) :) :)

As far as names go...we are utilizing a lot of family names, so it makes it a lot easier. Jacob was named after both of his uncles on my DH's side, so that was REALLY easy :) This baby will have a middle name after my mom if it's a girl (Kathryn) and after my brother and my dad (Cale & Anthony) if it is a boy! That really makes it MUCH easier. And even with knowing all of that...it still made it difficult to figure out the names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bizzijoe
10-04-2008, 10:36 AM
UGH!!! This is soooo hard waiting! My big U/S isn't until the 13th and holy cow I think it has to be about a year away!!! I love seeing that everyone is finding out the gender but makes me want to know what my LO is soooooo bad. As everyone is talking about names I figured that I would post the names DH and I picked. If boy it would be Brayden Michael. If a girl it will be Jordyn Marie. The first names are just cause we like them and Michael after my dad and Marie is my middle name. You know how some people say that they had a feeling it was...... well I have absolutely no idea. No particular feelings each way. My DH and I would be happy with either. Although DH has said girl from day 1 so we will see. Ok enough rambling on.

Carleigh-We wanted to chose family names also and couldn't decide so just decided to go with the middle names as family.

Melly- I just wanted to pop in and say that I love the name Allison. DH and I had thought of that name also but then chose Jordyn instead.

Maggie-Congratulations on the little boy!!! All my family is boy's so I think I would be more comfortable raising a boy!

Dreaming-Your U/S isn't for a while also so we can wait together. About house hunting.. I was so excited to house hunt and quickly changed my mind it is very stressful and happy and dissappointing all at the same time. Good luck to you and hope that the house hunt goes well!!

ggil-good luck with your u/s on monday! I think that I have been feeling movement as well but it is so faint it is hard to tell some times.

Okay that is as far back as I can go..Good luck to everyone and have a good weekend. My plans are to shop for a crib and changing table this weeekend...We will see how it goes.

Tino
10-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi all!!! I'm going to go ahead and jump in here, I'll be 14 weeks on Monday. :)

On the topic of baby names, my husband will not even discuss them until we find out what we are having!! :( I've been ready to talk about it, but he doesn't seem to like any name I suggest!! I thought it would take us 9 whole months to think of a name, but now we won't even have that long. I think I want to generate a list of names we like and take it to the hospital. I don't plan to tell any one the names we choose before our baby is born because we have family members who love to say things like "are you sure you want to name your baby that?" I don't want their opinions because I figure I'm old enough and have enough common sense to pick a good name! :) Some of our family members are pretty hard headed and don't get it when we say we don't want baby name suggestions either. We want to pick our baby's name ourselves. We will tell them what we are having though.

Bizzijoe
10-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Welcome Tino!!!!

knutfugget
10-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Tino Welcome to the 2nd tri! :)

Bizzi Wish I could say that this last week until your u/s will fly by, but unfortunately, that seems to be the slowest part of the wait! What time is your appt? I really want to know what you're having, but the 13th is DH's birthday and I won't be on in the evening...

Melly Second tri really is the best part of pregnancy :). Third tri is good, too, but you get pretty big and uncomfortable towards the end. Not to mention impatient to finally meet your LO, lol.

Meggy Congrats on the boy! Little boys are awesome! :D Have you thought of any names you like yet? Name picking is lots of fun!

We've made it to the halfway point! Twenty weeks today. :)

Bizzijoe
10-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Knut CONGRATULATIONS on 20 weeks I will be there next week. My appt is at 9 am central time. I had to have an early appt because I couldn't stand to wait all day!!! I'm going to be very busy this week so hopefully this will take up some time but I have a feeling next weekend will take forever!!!

knutfugget
10-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Bizzi That's a perfect appt time! I should be able to find out what you're having around lunch. ;)

I think you were smart to get an earlier appt time. I had mine in the evening and the day just dragged on forever.

ggill
10-06-2008, 09:59 AM
my u/s is in three hours, how am I going to get any work done!!!! I cant wait! I do not know how people wait until birth to find out!

knutfugget
10-06-2008, 10:49 AM
ggill Good luck today! Do you have any last minute guesses on what you think the baby might be? ;)

Looking at all those gender predictor things is fun around ultrasound time. At least it helps the incredibly slow clock to keep ticking, lol.

carleighstutz
10-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey Jessi - According to every gender predictor I could find online...this baby is a girl!!!! I am not holding my breathe on that, but it's fun anyway :) :) :)

ggill- GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!! I can't WAIT to hear what you are having :)

You girls who are all getting your u/s's are maknig me REALLY want mine, now!!!!! Ugh...I have my 16 week appointment on Friday and then it is 4 weeks from that day until my u/s. I think I will be like 20w5d...

ggill
10-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Knut- I do think it could be a girl, because I havent had much appetite and I read you eat more if its a boy, but who knows! Even my brother is excited!

Carleigh- It could still be your girl, my mom's coworker's daughter had an u/s pic with the little boy parts circled, and when the baby was born, it was a girl, and this was only a year ago! Technology is never perfect!

knutfugget
10-06-2008, 01:04 PM
ggill If you ARE having a girl, February's teams will be back to being tied! Right now Blue Team has one more than Pink ;), hehe.

Carleigh Those gender things are fun! But yeah, I wouldn't put much stock in it, lol. Nate = girl, Hailey = boy, according to gender predictors ;).

The only things between my little ones so far that have held true is the heart rate thing and some pg symptoms. Hailey's hb has always been way faster than Nate's was at the same gestational age. ;) I got m/s this time, didn't have it last time. I've also been way more emotional this time! The dead giveaway that this is a girl is when I started having skin issues. I'm sensitive to estrogen and it makes me break out in hives/rash sometimes, LOL. I think that is by far my weirdest pg symptom.

Is there a way you could get another peek between now and 20 weeks? By 15 weeks their guesses are more accurate ;).

knutfugget
10-06-2008, 03:07 PM
ggill Ok, I'm dying here! You have to come update us! What are you having??!!?!?! :D

dreaming
10-06-2008, 04:04 PM
This is so exciting! I can't wait to hear ggill's news.

I'm building up with excitement reading everyone's story since we get to find out the sexes in three weeks! I can't wait!

ggill
10-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I am sorry this is late, we didnt get in from shopping until late and then the boards werent up. I checked a hundred times today! So it will be one more for the BLUE Team!!!

Its a boy!

Dh is suppose to scan the u/s pics so I can post. We have a good one of the "Pickle", Ill have to think of something good to call it, any suggestions?

I was a little sad when looking at the girls clothes, but got over it.
we, I, Picked out a come home outfit. Brown fuzzy overalls with a puppy long sleeved onsie and matching hat with floppy ears! Dh is pretty excited!

The rest of my appt was not so hot, I guess I am now High risk, and I have to start insulin, get an eye appt and do a 24 hour pee in a jug test. I go to the doc 3-4 times a month, since getting preggers, and way back when trying to get preggers. It starts to get wearing. The baby is great and healthy, so I guess I shouldnt complain. I will have had 2 appts this week, 3 plus a lab appt next week, then hopefully a week off. I am starting to feel like an invalid. I am very lucky to have my job. I work from a home office, and schedule visits out and about, but for the most part make my own schedule. I do not know what I would do if I had a 9-5 office job! I just wanted to vent... So far this pregnancy is not exactly what I expected.

ggill
10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
I forgot to add I am really starting to feel him kick daily, and more often!!! I love it!!! And I get to say him instead of it!

knutfugget
10-07-2008, 03:34 PM
ggill Congrats on Team Blue! I'll get you updated :).

You are going to LOVE having a little boy! :D

Sorry your appt didn't go so great and you have to have all that testing done :(. That stuff sucks! But it's good they are monitoring you and finding any potential problems before they get worse! :)

dreaming
10-07-2008, 06:04 PM
ggill- Congrats on the boy!!! The going home outfit sounds so cute! I know what you mean about pregnancy not being what you expected. I'm high risk for a few things too: besides the risk factor of twins, I'm also diabetic and have placenta previa, where the placentas are covering my cervix. Also, my DH isn't doing so well, so I use a lot of energy trying to stay positive for the both of us.

I also felt baby a kick yesterday and baby b stretch this morning (it wasn't a jerking movement, more like pressing outward). I'm so excited because this is the first time that I was able to tell that it was definitely baby movement and not something else.

katydidnt1
10-07-2008, 07:15 PM
ggill - congrats. I loved having a boy! They are a lot of fun too!

Katie

Melly652
10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
ggill - congrats on finding out it's a boy!!

Searchingforhope
10-07-2008, 08:54 PM
ggill: CONGRATS!! Boys are so much fun!

2 more days until I find out!!! :D

Bizzijoe
10-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Ggill-Congratulations on the boy!!! My U/S is on Monday and I absolutely cannot wait!!!

elane-4
10-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi All! I Am New To The 2nd Trimester And Am Looking Forward To Hearing Your Stories! I Have My 2nd U/s Appt. In 10 Days And I'll Be 15 Weeks By Then!

dreaming
10-08-2008, 03:40 PM
elaine - welcome to the second tri!

I'm not feeling so great today. Yesterday I wasn't feeling so good, with body aches and a scratchy throat. Today I'm definitely feeling like a cold is coming on. My hips are really bothering me too. Oh, I feel like I'm falling apart sometimes!!

I hope everyone is feeling well, and definitely better than me!

meggiebeth2
10-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks everyone! Sorry I didn't get to post sooner, Immediately after the ultrasound my hubby went in to renovation mode and he tore out carpets in the bedrooms and started painting (the computer ended up in a box and I ended up sleeping on a blow up mattress in the living room!) Now we have new carpets and paint and all that jazz so it's getting even more real.

ggill- Congrats on your baby boy!!!!

Knut- My hubby and I have settled on Griffin Noah so far, it just seems fitting. My parent's and his don't like it but they will once he is born :-), My sister's and brother love it and everyone I run it by so we'll see! Any thoughts?

knutfugget
10-08-2008, 06:13 PM
meggie I think it sounds good together :). It doesn't really matter if your parents don't like it. He's not their son ;). My DH's side of the family (and a few on my side, too) were all sorts of upset that we didn't name Nathan after anyone, but oh well! He's our little guy to name and I think he just looks like a Nathan. :) We got the same thing this time around, but Hailey feels like a Hailey and that's that! LOL

That's neat that your DH is already doing the nursery. Talk about motivated, wow! :)

dreaming I hope your cold passes quickly for you. On the sore hips, you're kind of stuck with that one for awhile ;). We can comiserate on that, though. I feel like I'm falling apart some days, too! Technically, we kind of are. Everything is loosening up - ligaments and whatnot - and coming more apart, LOL.

ggill
10-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Knut- I agree, names just feel right, pretty sure ours will be a Sam, but Im still looking around to make sure.

Meggie- I like it. I think kids kinda grow into their names, and he will be Griffin

dreaming- I hope the cold passes quickly! that is the last thing you need right now is additional aches and pains! Amen to your feel like your falling apart! My thoughts exactly lately!

Elane- Welcome to the second tri!

Searching- you should find out tommorrow! Yeah!!

Bizzi- I hope the weekend flies by for you!

Thanks everyone for the congrats on the boy. I am getting much more excited about him being a him now!

dreaming
10-09-2008, 09:25 AM
meggie- Wow! Your DH is really motivated! It doesn't matter what others think about the name you choose, as long as you like it.

knut & ggill- thanks for reassuring me that I'm not the only one that feels like I'm falling apart!

Melly652
10-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Okay, it's off topic, but a really good friend of mine (who also has PCOS) just delivered her baby girl this morning! She went almost 3 years of TTC before being diagnosed and ironically was diagnosed just weeks before I was. They were successful with their first IUI with injectables. She was pregnant with triplets, but miscarried 2 of the babies. Her little girl (Eden) is their little miracle. I'm on my way to the hospital now, but I just wanted to share her story!

In other news, we decided on our little girl's bedding. Our furniture should also be in sometime this month. Below are links to both. We are thinking about just paining the room a very pale shade of pink and using accents to decorate. (Our style is very traditional). Let me know what you guys think!

http://www.munirefurniture.com/pa_01.htm - Furniture in cherry

http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/coc/coc622033.html - baby bedding

dreaming
10-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Melly - That's great about your friend! And I love the crib and bedding you picked out! Have fun visiting with your friend and her miracle!

meggiebeth2
10-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Knut- Thanks! No matter what anyone says in our families he is going to be Griffin. DH and I have no reservations and he just seems like a Griffin to us, it fit when we were watching him on the ultrasound screen. Families can be so goofy sometimes when it comes to a baby, everyone has their input now that we're preg but no one was there when the times were tough...pcos, iui's, and ivf. I think Nathan is a perfect name for your little boy, he looks like a Nathan. And Hailey! How cute!!! That is one of my favorite girl names, it will be very fitting and you don't hear it too often, I love it!

Ggill- Sam is such a cute name and thanks for the advice, I really think he will grow into it.

Dreaming- Thank you! It always helps getting positive feedback! I hope you feel better!

Yes Dh is very motivated...half of me is very happy and excited that he has that fire under him and the other half is panicking because he is so messy and it turns my household upside down! :-)

Searchingforhope
10-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Introducing:

http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/42265/2732071730065621874S425x425Q85.jpg

Eden Rebekah LeeAnn!

We're estatic!

ggill
10-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Searching -Congratulations!!! I love the name!

Musiette
10-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Searching....CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I"m so happy for you. So many are having one of each sex. I saw picture of you bump. So cute. I love the name you have chosen too.

Melly652
10-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Searching - Congratulations!!! I love the name you have chosen :)

meggiebeth2
10-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Searching- Congrats on your little girl, how exciting! Such a cute name too!

Bizzijoe
10-10-2008, 05:36 PM
CONGRATULATIONS SEARCHING!!!!! I love the name!! I cannot believe that I'm next to find out! Oh Monday hurry and get here!!!!

Vero
10-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi girls! I've been reading the boards a bit during my vacations but didn't have a lot of time to reply... glad to see that everyone is doing great!

I'm still on vacation until Wednesday... it went SO fast! I really don't feel like going back home and specially back to my crappy office, but I don't have the choice...

My family and friends surprised us with a very early baby-shower... they said they wouldn't be able to have it with us later so they wanted to offer us a little something :D it was really sweet! We got a lot of neutral baby clothes, blankets, linens, etc, etc... we have a full suitcase!

My mom also told me that she and my aunts are making a schedule to come to the US once my maternity leave ends to help us with the baby so that he/she doesn't have to go to daycare so little.

Today is our wedding anniversary :) so DH and I are going for a special dinner tonight.

I will be back in the boards on Thursday ;)

Melly652
10-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Vero - Your family is so thoughtful! It is special to share the excitement of having a baby with family. Glad to hear you are enjoying your vacation...and happy anniversary :) Travel safely!

Bizzijoe
10-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Hello everyone I don't have time for personals as we are doing lots of calling!!! We just got back from the big U/S and the verdict is................................................ ........................................IT IS A BOY!!!! We are so excited!! His name will be Brayden Michael. He was showing himself proudly for us to see! I'm so excited to finally be able to have a name for this little one. He was measuring right on date and was weighing in today at 12 oz. I found out that I have an anterior placenta so that is why I don't feel kicks that well or often. Which is okay and he is head down! Everything looked wonderful. I'm so excited!! I cannot believe that I'm going to have a son!!!:D:D:D

knutfugget
10-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Bizzi Congrats on the BOY! :D

Musiette
10-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone,, again its been too long since i've been on. Do some quick personals and tell you whats been up here...

ggill- Congrats on the boy!!!!

carleigh- I cant wait to hear what your having. We are close in dates and it will be coming soon to find out :)

dreaming- cant wait to hear what your having either. Sorry you have so much going on. Hope your feeling well and your DH too.

searching- Congrats on girl!!!!

Bizzijoe- Congrats on boy!!!!!

elane-4- Welcome to 2nd tri boards

vero- HOPe vacation is well. HOpe your anniversary dinner was nice!!!

melly652- Great story. congrats on her miracle and I love your bedding choice.

meggiebeth2- Congrats on boy!!! I like the name Griffin NOah, great together.

Knut- its getting so close for you. I"m jealous LOL I saw your pixs of Nate's costume. You are so talented. HOpe all is well and cant wait to see pix of Hailey..

Sorry if I missed anyone. Ok on this side of the world its been nuts. Kiera had her 15 mth check up. 22lbs 31" long my baby is growing up. Got her first Flu shot. wasnt sure about it about first. I have never had one but she is doing well.

I had my doc apt today. It went great. HB was in 150's. Scheduled for my U/S and begged to get it 24th.. Yah i got it. It will be at 11:20am. I will try to post as soon as i can. I'm leaving for Parents house right after.

ok nuff from me.. bye everyone!!!! Have great week

cammysandy
10-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Hi ladies!

I had my 20 week ultrasound today, and everything looked normal. I know the techs aren't supposed to say anything, but after the exam she said he looked perfectly healthy. I think she's right, cause he's very active! =)

What really surprised me was that they gave me ANOTHER due date. This is the third date. The first was based on my period, the second was at around 8 weeks(so they thought), and today they told me I measured exactly 22 weeks!!! I wonder which one I should believe(?) What if I'm 20 weeks, and have a big baby? lol I don't know what to think anymore.

I'm just happy and thank God he's fine, and I pray everything continues to go smoothly.

Here's a pic of his face and his little fist.

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=22weekultrajr1.jpg

Bizzijoe
10-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Thank you everyone for your congratulations......

Cammy-They told me that I was measuring 1 day ahead but I'm keeping the same due date. It seems like every appointment they like to change the due date. I don't think I will make it to my due date anyways.

Vero- That is sooo fun that you got a baby shower a surprise one even!! That must have been soooooo fun!! I haven't even thought of mine yet!!

Okay I've been looking at alot of U/S pics and was noticing that almost everyone got profile views of their baby. My little boy had his hands infront of his face the entire time and we were just not able to get a profile view but were able to get a split second view at a frontal view. I wish I had a profile!! I am happy that he is strong and healthy! I was told he was 12oz. I have a can of pop in my belly!!

One last question....are all of you ladies going to register and when are you planning to...for some reason I'm having some apprehension about going to actually do it!

Musiette
10-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Ok i have a question. My doc just called and had to reschedule my U/S. They wanted to wait till NOvember but I will be out of town from 24th till sometime in NOv. PLus I cant wait that long :) So we scheduled it for MOnday the 20th. I will be around 17 weeks and 4days. What are the chances of me actually seeing the gender??? Has anyone else gotten their's this early and was able to see???? She did say that we may not and I would have to come back but I figure it was worth the try. I'm too anxious to know. So cross fingers it works.

knutfugget
10-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Musiette They say that gender is developed enough to tell by 15 weeks, even though it would be hard to tell at that point. By 17 weeks, I'd think you'd have a pretty good chance of seeing what you're having. If it's a boy, it would be easier to tell than a girl, though. ;)

Nate got his first flu shot at his 15 month checkup, too. I still have to get one. Not looking forward to that! :(

Bizzi Nate NEVER cooperated with the U/S tech and we never got a profile picture of him. I ended up having 4 or 5 U/S due to me measuring +7 weeks of where I should have been (due date was right, he was just BIG), and still no profile picture. Sorry you didn't get one either, but that does happen sometimes. :( I was so thrilled to get one this time after all the "camera shyness" with Nate! LOL

On registering, I think a lot of people don't want to do it because there is so much involved! It's such a hassle to go register for everything, and then most people don't even buy off your registry anyway. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/29.gif If you don't mind spending all that time and not having anyone even look at your registry, I'd say do it! DH and I are using a registry like a "to do" list for what we need to buy, LOL. It's fun looking at all the baby things :).

Cammy It's possible you are just measuring ahead. Both of my kids have measured a couple weeks "big" and kept their original due dates. They say the U/S around 6-8 weeks is the most accurate in determining a date because the baby's growth doesn't vary nearly so much at that stage of development. You'd have to ask your doctor to know for sure if they are changing your date, but they usually don't. The U/S measurements are just an idea of how your LO is growing. Sounds like you've got a big one! ;)

I posted about this on the Preggo Mom's Thread, but I'm pretty sure my morning sickness has come back. I've been so nauseous and icky feeling lately :(. It's horrible! I wish I could just throw up and feel all better, lol. From what I've heard, this is "normal" for having a girl. Something about hormones or whatever. Just a fun possbility for you other moms to look forward to if you're joining team pink, LOL!

cammysandy
10-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh wow! Jessi, maybe I do have a big boy and I'm getting ahead of myself thinking I'm two weeks ahead! I'll see what the doctor says. The new date and the date based from my last period kinda match, so who knows.

Heidi, I guess a one day difference isn't too alarming. Maybe two weeks isn't either. Only time will tell when I'll be pushing! As long as he's healthy and full term (which is around 37 weeks, right?), then any date is fine with me.

I'm with you on the morning sickness Jessi. I think it's gone, and it comes back. And I have boy in here! Oh well. What can we do? =)

Musiette- I had an ultrasound done at around 16 weeks, and right away we saw the boy parts! My baby is always very active during ultrasounds, so he was kicking and opening his legs. I hope you have similar luck!

knutfugget
10-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Cammy I'd always heard that boys like to "show off" on the U/S and that held true for us, lol. Nate was easy to tell what he was, but this baby would not give us a clear shot for awhile. We finally did get one, but I guess she's more modest than Nate! ;)

Your doctor can tell you for sure next appt which date to go with. You might want to write it down to ask about, because they don't always bring it up! The only thing mine brought up was that Nate was "large" and they wanted to keep U/S him to make sure he didn't get too big. I had to ask about the dates.

This time around, I didn't have to ask about dates after our big U/S because I KNOW when I O'ed and there's no way I could have conceived the day Hailey is measuring (2 weeks ahead so far!) because I had AF at the time LOL!

Musiette
10-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Thank you ladies. I'm crossing my fingers. I will yall informed.

ggill
10-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Congratulations Bizzi!!!

Musiette- A friend of mine just had her u/s at 16 weeks, and the tech said its a girl, but they will confirm at 20 weeks, so hopefully you should see someting at 17 weeks! Goodluck!

Cammy and Knut- My morning sickness never left! I hagte getting up and moving. I am guessing it wont go away until he gets here!

Vero- Enjoy the rest of your vacation! An early baby shower would be fun!!

katydidnt1
10-15-2008, 02:09 PM
With Casey I had an u/s at 16 weeks to check my cervix (I had needed an LEEP earlier that year and they wanted to make sure it wasn't too thin). Anyway, it was clear that he was a boy then.

Katie

jenmccll
10-16-2008, 11:39 AM
I would say they can probably tell for sure by then :)......we had an u/s at 14 weeks or so I think(pregnancy brain right now).....anyway we found out then we were having boys :).

is it me, or does anybody else feel like they have 50lbs weights tied to there ankles? man im really struggling to even do anything right now.....i really feel like im neglecting my daughter, which of course starts the emotional crying fireworks lol.........im babbling now........ok babbling stopped :).

Vero
10-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi girls! I'm back from my vacation **sigh** I wish I was still there!

My flight was pretty bad since the storm caused a 4 hour delay and the trip was more than bumpy, but I guess at least I was lucky enough to be seated at a 3-seat row with only DH and I in it, so I could lay down and "sleep" a bit.

I arrived very very late to work (my plane was supposed to land at 6 am but it did it at nearly 10), and now I'm just trying to catch up with some simple stuff while pretending I'm invisible so that my boss does not annoy me too much :p

My LO is moving A LOT!! it's so exciting :D I can't wait for the *big* u/s next week!

Hope everyone is doing great... sorry no personals today but I would have to go back several pages!

Vero
10-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Where did everyone go??? :p

Melly652
10-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Welcome back Vero!! Glad you had a safe trip back.

If any of you guys need maternity clothes, go to JC Pennys. I just got back and all of their summer stuff is on clearance - like capris for $5 and tops for $3. Here in the south we can still wear capris for a while.

I'm getting a little concerned that I haven't really felt the baby move yet. I get flutters every couple of days or so, but that's it. In all of our ultrasounds she moves quite a bit, so I know she's healthy. I'm 21 weeks and I'm just wondering when I'll feel her. Any thoughts??

Vero
10-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks Melly! I will go and take a look at JCP this weekend ;)

About your LO not moving that much, I've heard that it's quite common... my doctor said I probably feel mine so early because I'm very small framed, but for instance my mom, who is a bit larger than me and also have wider hips, couldn't feel me or my brother until well into her pregnancies, like 24 weeks or so, I guess because we had more "room" and didn't need to push stuff around :D. Also, if your placenta is in certain positions, that may prevent you from feeling your LO now, but in a few weeks you should be feeling those kicks! My LO moves more right after I eat (except after breakfast, I think he/she is not an early bird! LOL), and even more if I have something sweet like some juice or fruits.

On a different topic... my nose is killing me! I'm so stuffed I speak funny (my DH teases me with that episode from "Friends" when Monica has a cold and she says she is "findddd" instead of "fine")... but I don't really feel like I have a cold. Last night I couldn't take it anymore and went to CVS (fortunately there is one just around the corner) and got those breathing strips for people who snore... they worked like a charm, unfortunately I cannot wear them to work (LOL, that would DEFINITELY make my boss happy, more nicknames to call me). According to "What to expect..." it's normal to get stuffy nose during pregnancy but I was wondering if anyone here has some advice... I even get headaches due to the pressure of not being able to breathe properly... last night as soon as the strip was in place, my headache started going away, and it came back when I took the strip out in the morning.

ggill
10-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Vero- Ive noticed I am stuffier to, but I usually get this way when we kick the heat on, so I dont know if its pregnancy or not.

Instead of getting maternity clothes I have ordered 3 bella bands to try. So far I have not gained any weight, and I am hoping to go through 30 week without gaining as long as LO is fine, and so far he is. I have enough weight to go around. I am eating though, 6x a day due to my new diagnosis of diabetes. So I am hoping not to need maternity clothes, but wear my clothes I all ready have.

Also I think we are going to paint the nursery and get the crib and dresser this weekend! Yeah!!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

Melly652
10-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Well, I spent about 7 hours in the ER this morning. It turns out that everything is fine with both me and baby, but here's the story.

I woke up at 3am with chest pain and shortness of breath and it wouldn't go away. It scared me because I knew it wasn't just heartburn. So, they kept me on a heart monitor, took all my vitals and ran a ton of blood tests. I had done some volunteer work with habbitat for humanity the day before, so I was concerned that I had over done it. They also did a CAT scan to check for blood clots. My abdomin was shielded, so the risk was minimal for the baby. In the end, all my tests came back normal. They think my chest muscles are just sore from the day before, and that makes it hurt when I breathe. So, I take some tylenol for next couple of days for pain and take it easy. All of the doctors (including my OB) were great about not making me feel stupid for going through all of this for muscle pain. They said it was better safe than sorry and that it's not uncommon for pregnant women to have a blood clot that could cause the symptoms I was having. If nothing else, we got to hear our little girl's heart beat again :) My DH was wonderful through the whole thing too - he's been catering to me all day.

Hope everyone else's weekend was less eventful!

Vero
10-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Melly! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that... but I agree, it's better safe than sorry!

My DH had a sort of similar experience a few years ago... he woke up with this horrible chest pain, we went to the ER and everybody freaked out! they did an EKG, stress-test, etc, etc, etc... and in the end it was just a muscle he had injured while playing soccer the day before (apparently someone elbowed him in the chest and in the heat of the game he didn't realized it had been so hard)... but of course the doctors told him he had done the right thing by going to the ER since it's very hard to know whether you are having a heart attack or it's simply gas or muscular pain.

I hope you are feeling better today!!

On my side, my DH and I went to check baby furniture this weekend... we found some we like and can afford, so we'll probably get them by the end of the month :D it will be a LOT of work to get the nursery in shape since so far we have used that room as storage... so we better start soon, before I'm too big and heavy.

My ticker moved to the 5th month! YAY! :)

ggill
10-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Melly- Very glad to hear you are OK, and definetley better safe than sorry! My SIL had to go back in after having her little girl for a blood clot. She was monitored about a week and she had very similar symtoms.

Vero- We were also using our room as storage! It is almost clean, has a first coat of pain, dresser and changing table. We ordered the crib and should be here is a week!

My ticker moved up to 6 mo! I cant believe it! Time is flying!

knutfugget
10-20-2008, 12:06 PM
ggill Congrats on bumping over a month! Mine does that tomorrow ;).

Vero Sounds like you're going to have fun with your nursery :). I know DH and I did! It was a lot of work, but it's Nate's favorite room in the house and that makes it all worth it.

Melly Glad to hear you're ok! You can't be too careful when you're carrying precious cargo! ;)

I've got another baby appt this week - Thursday. I can't believe it's been a month already! We start our 6th month tomorrow. :) Third trimester is starting to creep up!

Tino
10-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi Everyone!!! I'm on a quick break, so no time to really type a long message. I just have a question for you. What kinds of things do you eat for meals and snacks? I'm having a hard time finding healthy things to eat and snack on. Any suggestions? Thank you!!! :)

Vero
10-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi Tino, I had the same troubles!

What I'm having for snack now is usually some low-fat cheese, by itself or with whole-wheat crackers or a tomato... I also like the Fage 0%fat greek yogurt, with berries, nuts or a tiny bit of honey.

I used to eat a lot of fruits but since I had to stop Metformin my doctor told me not to exceed 2 servings of fruits a day, so I'm usually having one with breakfast, in a fruit smoothie with low-fat milk and the other one either in the afternoon or with dinner.

It's hard for me not to have lunch meats as snack! but I'm getting used to replacing them... hard boiled eggs are also a good option, at least now that eggs don't make me icky anymore LOL (still cannot do the "runny" ones, but I guess it's better not to eat anything that it's not totally cooked, so no problems with this).

My biggest problem with food now is that on weekends when I have breakfast a bit later, I can totally do the scrambled eggs or omelet... but during the week I have breakfast no later than 6 am... and at that time I still cannot stomach eggs.. so I'm sticking to my fruit + milk smoothie for now...

ggill
10-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Tino- I am doing a lot of snacks right now, eating 6x a day for blood sugar levels, the more often I eat the better my levels, depending on what I eat. I am also a new diabetic, so everything is lower carb/ high protein

I am doing a lot of cheese, Farmers cheese is lowfat and high protien, cottage cheese, string cheese, sometimes with a few crackers, nuts and dried fruit, fruit, carrot sticks and dressing or hummus, yogurt, 100 calorie snacks when I need a sweet fix- some are only 15 carbs which is what I am allowed at a snack, low carb bread or a banana/ apple with Peanut butter, umm I think that covers it. I am always eating a protein every time I eat and that really helps keep me full, and is good for the baby. I also am not a milk drinker, so all the cheeses helps me get my calcium.

Hope that helps!

Tino
10-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Vero & ggill - thanks so much for the suggestions! I'm about to go grocery shopping and I'm going to pick up a few of the things you've suggested. Sometimes I'm really afraid that I'm not eating enough and especially not getting the right kinds of healthy foods. It is just so easy to pick up fast food or go out to eat. I've got to get some self-control and make myself cook! Having healthy snacks to choose from will help too.

knutfugget
10-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Anybody else feel like their pregnancy hit fast forward as soon as they found out the baby's sex? ;) Seriously, the last month has just disappeared! I can't believe we're starting our 6th month. That means we've only got a few more weeks until our third (and final!!!) trimester. Seems unreal to me that we're that far already.

Anyhoo. Hope you're all doing well today :).

Vero
10-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Knut --- I'm like that some days and other days I just feel stuck! It's funny because of course, the 2 weeks I was on vacation passed by flying! (as any vacation!), and now it just seems forrrrrrrreeeeeever until our *big* u/s, but some days I actually sort of freak out thinking that time is passing by fast and I have NO nursery whatsoever yet... just a room full of boxes and suitcases I need to move somewhere!!

Hopefully after the *big* u/s we'll be able to decide on what to buy and start getting the nursery ready :)

It doesn't help that days are getting very slow at work (thanks economy!) and I'm so NOT motivated anymore in this place... I hope my career coach can get me something soon!

dreaming
10-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi ladies Ė
I just wanted to pop in and say ďIím here!Ē I havenít been posting lately but Iím reading. DH is still not well and getting help. Iím a bit overwhelmed because I was not prepared at all for DH to be depressed during what should be the most joyous time of our lives after trying for a family for 10 years. I love reading all your posts Ė it reminds me try to enjoy this pregnancy no matter whatís going on around me. Itís really difficult to do, but Iím trying. Hugs to everyone, and Iíll start posting again when I have more energy to do more than just the minimum of everything.

Melly652
10-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Tino - as for snacks, I eat nuts, one serving of fruit, High protein/low carb granola bar, fat free yogurt, whole wheat crackers, carrots, etc... One other thing that I do is drink a carnation instant breakfast half way through my morning. They make a low sugar version that my OB recommended. I have been having trouble stomaching meat, so I'm finding other protein sources.

Vero - It sounds like you are about where we are in researching all things baby gear. We have a subscription to consumer reports and there are some great articles, as well as ratings for all products. We are planning on making a trip to BRU this weekend to actually "test" some products before making a decision.

As for me, I'm feeling 100% better now. In fact, I'm going to keep my nephews this afternoon (they're 3 and 1). So, I'm glad I saved up on my energy :) We also found out the DH's sister is expecting with her 4th! She waited to tell all of us, but is only a month behind me. Now our little one will have 2 cousins very close in age on both sides!

Vero
10-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Dreaming --- glad to hear from you! I'm sorry about what is going on with your DH... depression is very hard to deal with and it affects the entire family, I'll keep you and your DH in my prayers so that he feels better soon :)

Melly --- yes! we are going to BRU this weekend as well... to try some of the strollers and infant seats and try to make up our minds...

Our *big* u/s is in 2 days... can't wait! My family actually started betting on the sex of the baby, they crack me up!

knutfugget
10-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Vero Our family made bets on the sex of the baby (both times!), too! It was a lot of fun separating everybody into "teams" and seeing who "won", LOL.

I hope you have fun baby shopping :).

dreaming Hope your DH is feeling better soon!

I don't think it's that he's not happy about the babies, just that this is a BIG change for a family. Moms have days where they're stressed more than excited/happy, so I think it makes sense that Dad's would have that, too.

I was surprised how much my DH was worried about how having a baby would affect us as a couple - like not having time for each other, etc. I didn't realize how big a change it was for us BOTH. I had the growing belly, happy reminders of things to come - my DH on the other hand, just had his fears/worries! He was mostly worried about being able to support another little person, if he'd be a good Dad, etc.

Again, hope your DH is feeling better soon! Maybe try letting him know that other Dads have been worried about having kids, too, and that it turned out alright? :)

carleighstutz
10-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Dreaming - ((HUGS)) I had NO idea you were going through all of that. I'm sooo sorry!!!!! I must have missed something...

Vero - I'm SUPER jealous!!! You get to find out what you are having 2 days before me!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear preggo buddy :)

starlettemax
10-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Vero, what hospital are you using for delivery, just curious.

Vero
10-21-2008, 05:05 PM
My doctor's office is at the ObGyn Associates (7900 Fannin Street), so they work with Woman's Hospital at the Medical Center (which is just in front of their building).... what about you?

starlettemax
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
I just had my first ob visit yesterday and my Dr. delivers at Memorial Hermann. I just realized, I have no idea about hospitals when it comes to labor! I think I'll feel better when we can go tour the place and pre register and all that.

Musiette
10-21-2008, 05:25 PM
melly652- hope you are doing well. sorry to see you had to go to the ER not fun.

dreaming- Sorry bout your DH. HOpe things get better *hugs*

carleigh- its getting close. i cant wait to hear the news!!!!!

HOpe everyone is doing well. I'm leaving for my mom's house tommorrow and staying till after Halloween, such a long time there. I love my family but that much time with them can drive me nuts. My DH is lucky he doesnt have to go with me. I will try to be on as much as i can to check on everyone's updates... take care please

elane-4
10-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Hi All, I have my 2nd u/s scheduled for Nov. 10th & at that point I will be 18 weeks. Does anyone know if that is a good/accurate time to determine the sex? Me and DH are hoping for a boy, although as long as the baby is healthy - that will be all that matters!

Melly652
10-22-2008, 09:01 AM
We had our anatomy scan right at 18 weeks and there was no mistaking that it was a girl. My OB said that anytime after 17 weeks is fine for determining the gender and getting all of the other measurements/information they need. Good luck!

Vero
10-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Carleigh --- I can't wait to know either!! I have the feeling today is going to be a loooong day LOL. I have my appointment tomorrow morning :D so I'll try to post as soon as I'm back :p

Starlette --- I'm relatively new in the Houston area (DH and I moved here less than a year ago), so I really picked my OBGYN by pure chance and I was lucky enough to get a good one, who could finally diagnose me with PCOS... so I'm sticking to her for the delivery. I spent a night at Woman's Hospital when my m/s was really bad and they had to admit me for IV fluids, so at least I could see that nurses were nice and friendly and the hospital was clean and well organized... but I'm also curious about the L&D tour :)

Elane --- I will have my *big* u/s tomorrow, so I'll be around 18w2d, and my doctor said we should be able to see whether it's a boy or a girl... so I'm sure you'll be able to get that info as well during your second u/s ;)

On my side everything seems to be OK (knock on wood), except that I'm getting really nasty headaches every evening (and Tylenol does nothing for me...), so I got a Prenatal Yoga DVD and I'd been doing some since Monday... It seems to be helping!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Vero
10-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Where is everyone???

This day is passing by even slower than what I thought! It would help if I had actually something interesting to do at work :rolleyes:

I decided to have my lunch break a bit earlier because I'm starving today!

At least my LO is moving a lot which is always a relief :D

How is everyone doing???

elane-4
10-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Great! Thanks so much for the info. ladies! I will definitely keep you posted as soon as I find out what I'm having

knutfugget
10-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Vero I hope today passes a little more quickly for you. Tomorrow is bound to go slower, just to warn you ahead of time ;). I think waiting on the gender scan officially qualifies the day to be the longest day in history! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/10.gif

You should be able to tell gender ;). Especially if it's a boy! I think I was 18 weeks, 4 days, this time and we could see the female parts just fine, too! We had to wait for Hailey to quit being shy and let us take a better peek before the U/S tech would confirm her "guess", but we DID get to see. That's why boys are easier to tell - they can't hide as well! LOL

Can't wait to hear what you're having! Do you and DH have any preferences? Of course a healthy baby, but you know what I mean. ;)

Melly652
10-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Vero - I'll be delivering at the Women's Hospital also. My sister had both of her boys there, and is due again next month. She has always had a great experience there. Are you guys signing up for any classes there? We are debating on which ones to take.

What time is your appointment tomorrow? Our little girl had her legs above her head during the ultrasound, so there was no guessing involved. Hopefully your little one will be cooperating :) I can't wait for you guys to find out!

Vero
10-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Knut --- I can totally picture myself up at 5 am wanting to go to the hospital (even though my appointment is at 9:30 am... fortunately in the morning!).

At the beginning I really wanted and felt like it was a girl... and I know that DH really wanted his little girl (he only has nephews). As weeks passed by I have brainwashed myself and I think I've reached the point in which I will be happy either way (I don't want to look crazy, but at the very beginning I had the idea that if they were telling me it was a boy.... I was going to cry for days). DH of course says that he will be happy either way as well, but I have the feeling that deeply inside, he is still hoping for a girl, so we'll see!!

Bets in my family are now like 63% girl and 37% boy LOL :D

Melly --- We will also sign up for classes at the same hospital... We would like to take those that are on weekends, since my DH works in Sugar Land and it's quite a trip, so evening classes would be complicated. We are planning on taking the childbirth, breastfeeding and new parents classes, I guess that at the beginning of January or so...

elane-4
10-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Me and my hubby are hoping for a boy! All my friends are asking about my morning sickness, etc..... to better predict what I'm having, but I don't believe in any of that stuff. We'll see;)

Vero
10-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Elane --- LOL with the predictions... I've tried the Chinese Calendar and different websites give me different results :p, I had really bad m/s, but some websites say this is a sign of having a girl.. and others of having a boy :rolleyes: (my mom had absolutely NO m/s with me or my brother, so who knows!)... I'm starting to show but it is still very hard to tell whether my belly looks like a football or a basketball, so no luck on that side either!

In summary... just a few more hours of wait! :D I just hope I won't be as unlucky as a couple my mom knows... who were told they were having a girl, bought EVERYTHING (including nursery decoration) in pink.... and the day of the delivery... SURPRISE!! it was a boy! :cool: the poor baby spent half his first year dressed in pink! Fortunately our nursery theme will be animals, so totally neutral... just in case ;)

ggill
10-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Dreaming- I will keep you and your DH in my prayers. A friend of my has depression and it is very difficult for me or her family to understand, and Im sure harder when your pregnant let alone with twins. I am very glad to hear DH is getting help, it can make a world of difference!

Vero and Elane- cant wait to find out what your having! I thought it was a girl and turned out to be a boy for us. So much for intuition! Vero- hopefully your intuition is better than mine! If not you adjust quickly because it is so exciting just to know!

Elane- I had a friend find out the gender at a little over 16 weeks so you ob should have no problem!

meggiebeth2
10-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Vero- Good luck tomorrow! Hope you get a great view! ;-)

Elane- Good luck and I hope the time passes quickly until you find out!

Muisette- Congrats on another little girl + Cute bump! (I saw it in the october belly pics)

carleighstutz
10-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey Meggie - I just noticed you are from Washington. Is that Washington state??? Where at? I am in the Seattle area...are you close????

Hi everyone! I am not very good about coming over to the preggo boards sometimes. I get stuck over on the mom's board and don't venture over here very much. It looks like everyone is doing well. The 2nd tri is usually fairly uneventful (hopefully) and it's when we all are the most quiet :)

Things are going well here. My belly is growing like crazy, but I have only gained 4 lbs. so far so that makes me happy! I am trying to watch what I eat since I had GD with my son and am making an assumption I am going to have it again with this one. My sweet tooth is REALLY bad with this one, though...so we'll see! We have started the "transition of rooms" in our house. It finally hit me this week that we will be in a 4 bedroom house and ALL FOUR BEDROOMS will be used by us and the kids!!! We have ALWAYS had a guest bedroom, so it will be a little weird, but the teenager (hopefully) is going off to college in a year and a half so it shouldn't be too long until we get it back :) I am starting to do research on Jacob's room stuff and think I have figured out what we are going to do. It's a sports theme :)

We did frogs for the nursery which is fairly neutral, so depending on if this is a boy or a girl it should be fine either way...they won't even be in that room until they are 6 months anyway, so once we know I might even change it up a little if I can/want to.

We find out what we are having on Friday...this week is DRAGGING!!!!!!!

meggiebeth2
10-22-2008, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=carleighstutz;197905]Hey Meggie - I just noticed you are from Washington. Is that Washington state??? Where at? I am in the Seattle area...are you close????

Yeah, I am outside of the Bangor sub-base bremerton/port-orchard area. My DH is in the Navy. Which side of the sound are you?
- I hope that this week goes by faster for you! I know with my ultrasound I felt the last week was the longest week ever.....and that says a lot going through In-vitro! :-) Good luck, I hope you can get a good shot!

ggill
10-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I thought for sure Vero would have posted by now! Maybe she is shopping, that is the first thing I did!

Vero
10-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm back!!! It took foreeeeever, but I'm here :D

And...

I'm team blue!

I thought I was going to be a bit disappointed (and also DH), but actually we are very happy :) and the baby is looking good, everything normal and nice :D

I will post in a few minutes with more details... right now my family is asking too many questions on MSN LOL, so I'll be back ;)

starlettemax
10-23-2008, 03:24 PM
I logged on specifically to check on Vero! Where are you girl? I can't wait to hear.

2 minutes later...

Yay, I'm glad to hear you know now. Congrats on your little boy!

ggill
10-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Yay Vero- One more for team blue!

Vero
10-23-2008, 03:55 PM
OK, now I can post a bit more LOL

Well, the u/s tech was great, she was very sweet and explained everything she was doing... all the organs looked great, baby is measuring a little over 18 weeks, nearly 19, but my doctor is staying with the same EDD. It was funny because at the beginning I was alone and she asked me if I wanted to wait for my DH to be there before telling me the sex of the baby and I said yes, so she turned the screen a little bit, but I could still see some of the image... and as soon as the legs where there... it was OBVIOUS that it was a boy LOL :D I didn't tell her, but then she confirmed it once my DH was in the room.

I went to see my doctor after the u/s, I gained 2 lbs in 4 weeks (my first 2 lbs), so I'm a bit on the lower weight-gain side, but my doctor is happy about it. Baby is around 9 oz and he has very long arms and legs (DH and I have very long arms so our families always teases us that all the long-sleeve shirts they got are going to be 3/4 sleeves for our baby :p).

Baby was shy!! he kept on covering his face with his little arm and it was very hard for the tech to get a good 3D pic of his face... it must be like DH who hates having pictures taken! LOL

Well... now the hardest part! the name!!! we have NO IDEA... we had something for a girl, but we haven't found a boy's name we like (and that it's not repeated over and over in our families) yet... I guess we'll have something to do this weekend!

Hope everyone is having a great day! ;)

chinookpilotswife
10-23-2008, 04:26 PM
YAY Vero! Congrats on the little boy :) That is what I had guessed you were having! Have fun picking out a name. My DH and I have an easier time agreeing on boy names than girl names.

Melly652
10-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Congratulations Vero!! DH and I could only agree on boy names, and sure enough we are having a little girl. You will find a name, and once you find it, you won't be able to imagine any other name for your little guy! Glad to hear that everything else looks good.

carleighstutz
10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
YAH VERO!!!! Congrats on a little boy. I'm a little bias, but truly...little boys are AMAZING!!! The bond they have with mama is SUPER sweet and the rough and tough bond they have with daddy is fun for mama to watch just as much. I absolutely ADORE Jacob and you are going to love yours just as much!!!!!!

Can't WAIT to hear your name :) :)

Meggie - I am over in Kent. So we are a little ways away. When you said Bremerton I figured you were linked to the Navy ;) It's kind of fun to see another northwesterner because there aren't too many of us on these boards.

Is it tomorrow yet??????? This week is creeping by, but I remember the week we found out about Jacob crawled as well. Tomorrow is probably going to go even slower!!! My appointment is at 2pm PST, so I will post as soon as I get home. I work in Bellevue and that is where my OB is at, so it will take us a little bit to get home, but I will post as SOON as I can :)

Vero
10-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Carleigh! yes, that's what everybody in my family is telling me about little boys :D I'm really happy about having a little boy (need to find a name soon!!) and about the fact that everything seems healthy.

They also checked my cervix, and it's 3.6 cm, which was a relief because I have a cousin with IC and I've always been worried about that.

Can't wait to hear what your are having!!! :p good luck tomorrow!

knutfugget
10-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Vero Congrats on Team BLUE! :D I'll have to get you updated on the other thread. :)

Prenatal checkup was today!

Weight: + 5 (9 total)
Blood pressure: 122/72 (looking good!)
Baby's HB: 140's (she was sleeping)
Abdomen: 23cm (measuring right on)

I had a different woman measure me than usual and I don't think her measurement was accurate. She told me she subtracted some because of my "fluff". http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/14.gif At 5'8", a size 14 is not THAT "fat" thank you!!! She's a nurse training to be a midwife (supposed to graduate in December) and it took her over 10 minutes to even find the baby's hb with the doppler!!! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/29.gif UGH!

Other than that, Hailey appears to be doing well. :) According to our u/s results, she was already 1 lb last month. That seems "big" to me. Guessing I'm looking at another chubby baby? ;)

I have my glucose drink in the fridge. I get to take it at my next appt. I can't believe I'm already getting to THAT point, wow!

Hope you're all doing well. Will check back later.

Bizzijoe
10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say congrats to Vero on Team blue!!!!!! Your scan sounds exactly like mine was....!!! Brayden kept hiding his arms over his face and we couldn't get pictures!! I also said that he took after DH cause he hates his pic taken! Keep us updated when you have a name for that little guy!!

dreaming
10-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I had to post and say CONGRATS to Vero on your son!!!!

Our scan is this Wednesday- I'm so excited to find out what the babies are so I can finally start narrowing down my list of baby bedding that I like. (right now it's mostly girl-oriented with butterflies and dragonflies). The boy stuff I just can't decide on whether I want characters or geometric patterns.

Vero
10-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks dreaming!!

Well, for our nursery, we had already agreed on a theme based on different animals, no matter it was a girl or a boy... we got a really cute "ocean animals" set for the crib at the baby shower my family organized during our vacation... so we are planning on buying wall decor in an aquarium theme or something like that, but we may also include land animals somewhere! :p

meggiebeth2
10-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Vero~ Yay for the baby boy! Just wait until you go clothes shopping for him, we went and now I can't stop! It just makes it seem like he is right around the corner! I love it!

Carliegh- Yep- we're definately linked to the navy, we moved from hawaii (where I met my husband) just 2 1/2 years ago. It's different here but I'm getting used to it ;-). Can't wait to hear how your ultrasound went! Good luck!

Vero
10-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Carleigh!!! We are waiting!!! Team pink or team blue??? LOL :p

Vero
10-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Oh shut! I just remembered that Carleigh's appointment was at 2 pm... but PST!!! I guess I'll have to log in tonight before going for dinner with DH's friends :p I cannot wait until tomorrow!!!

katydidnt1
10-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Vero - Congrats on the boy!

We are all waiting Carleigh!

Katie

dbknopp
10-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Carleigh posted on the Preggo Moms board for anyone who is anxiously waiting...I won't spoil it for you, though! :)

meggiebeth2
10-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Congrats Carliegh!!!! (I saw over on the mom's board!) Yay that is so exciting! :-) Do you have a name yet?!

carleighstutz
10-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Sorry it took me so long to post over here. After our appointment we went to pick up our son from daycare and something was wrong with him...come to realize. He had dislocated his ELBOW, so we just spent the last 3 hours at Urgent Care. That's why it took me so long to post...

It's another BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the congrats already :) :)

Caleb Anthony :)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/carleighstutz/Caleb%20First%20Pics/BoyParts.jpg
DEFINITELY a boy!!!!!!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/carleighstutz/Caleb%20First%20Pics/Up-CloseProfile.jpg
Up-close profile

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/carleighstutz/Caleb%20First%20Pics/FullBodyProfile.jpg
Full Body Profile

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/carleighstutz/Caleb%20First%20Pics/AlienFace.jpg
Scary alien face (Halloween pose!)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/carleighstutz/Caleb%20First%20Pics/EatingFoot.jpg
Profile pic of him trying to eat his foot. He actually did get it in his mouth at one point. SUPER cute!!!!!!!

Musiette
10-25-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm so happy for you carleigh...i know you wanted a girl as much as i wanted a boy but we can we do :) The sono pixs are great. Congrats!!!!!

Bizzijoe
10-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Congrats on the little boy Carleigh!!! I love the name you have picked out!! Well I went with my sister and neice today and registered! It was so much fun. Only thing is now that I've registered I want everything now!!!

knutfugget
10-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Bizzi LOL! I'm glad you had fun registering. I hope it won't be too hard to wait on getting everything ;). You could start getting some of the necessary things, like a crib or changing table or something. We got the "big ticket" stuff because I was dying to do the nursery! :D Kinda sad I don't get to do all of that again this time, but I can live vicariously through you first-time moms :D, yay!

Carleigh & Musiette Sorry you guys aren't getting one of each :( I'm sure you won't even think about it once your little ones are here, though. ;)

Carleigh Already responded on the Mom's thread ;). Congrats again!

Hope you're all doing well :)

For those having a hard time sleeping, my midwife told me to try Unisom and that stuff is awesome! The Tylenol PM didn't cut it for me, but the Unisom worked wonders. :)

So who's next in line to find out what they're having? :D

carleighstutz
10-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks Jessi! I actually am not that sad about having another boy. It's going to save us a TON of money in clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously...I have like 5 huge tubs stuffed FULL of boy clothes already (and Jacob is just now getting into the 24 month clothes), so we should be good to go for quite some time!!!!!!!! And I am sure I will have another giant boy on my hands, so they should be good on the sizes :) I am also really excited that Jacob is going to get a brother to play with. Since they will only be 19 months apart, chances are they will be VERY good friends and that makes my heart happy :) :)

Congrats to those of you who are getting to register. It's a little overwhelming, but FUN!!!!! Just remember...don't try to do it all at once. Do some and then as you think of things, you can always add it online. It works GREAT!!!!!

knutfugget
10-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Carleigh I'm glad you're not sad about another boy :).

Nate's just starting to get into his 24 months clothes, too! :) Funny how I used to worry about his size from beig born early... certainly not an issue anymore! :p

I was looking through all his old stuff to see what we could reuse... not much! It's all summer stuff or blue/sports, LOL! Oh well, I like shopping for baby crap anyway :). Even if we were having another boy, I would still buy some stuff - like a going home outfit. :) We have SO many pairs of shoes (because his dang feet grow so fast), but they are all Thomas the Train... I can't use those for our little girl, can I? :confused:

Vero
10-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Congrats Carleigh!! I was dying the whole weekend because my home internet connection decided to stop working!! :mad: Congrats on the little boy preggo buddy! :D

And well... we finally decided on a name... actually it was one of the names we had sort of picked at the very beginning, it's simple and short (since the last name is already long and we have to spell it every time! LOL)... so it will be little Paul :) named after my DH's grandpa :p

dreaming
10-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Carleigh - Congrats on the boy!!! I can't believe I didn't post before - I was sure I did. I even told DH about all your beautiful pics and funny story.

I think I'm next to find out - DH and I are going in this Wednesday at 10am Eastern time. It's so funny because neither of us have a preference or a leaning towards one gender or another. Maybe that means a boy and a girl? I'm more excited that I can start looking at baby stuff and actually be able to make a decision on things (at least a color based decision). DH was interested to know what angle they are going to use with the wand to look between the babies' legs because we've only seen their profiles or front facing.

Vero
10-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Dreaming -- just a couple of days!! how exciting!! can't wait :D

Before going to my appointment I was trying to figure out if I was going to be able to see it in the u/s before the tech show us, and I found a "quiz" in the internet... they show you several u/s and you have to say if it's a boy, a girl... or something that has nothing to do, like an arm, heart, etc... it was fun! and I discovered I'm very talented for u/s LOL... my DH was sooo lost during the u/s, he was with this face of "how can you know what you are seeing???" and many of the pics we got are quite creepy :p since you can see the bones of the face... it was hilarious... Halloween pics!

dreaming
10-27-2008, 01:10 PM
I did one of those tests - it was specifically for gender prediction. I was pretty good at it. I rarely look at DH when they do an u/s. I'm too mesmerized. I can't believe how big the babies are and how much one moves and how little the other moves. The last few days I haven't felt too much movement. I guess it's because I've been stressed and not really paying attention. They say this week (18 weeks) the hearing has developed enough that we can start talking to them and reading and playing music. I've already been doing that (and singing to them, too. I think it's best if they get used to mom's out of tune voice now rather than later :p) and DH will probably start doing it more often, too. We have one pic where one of the babies is looking straight at the wand and has both hands raised, like a scary monster stalking someone - it was too funny (and a bit creepy!).

Melly652
10-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Vero - I love the name Paul! It's so nice to have a name picked out to bond with your little guy :)

I had my monthly appointment this morning and everything looks good. The appointments are getting more and more uneventful. I must say though...I love my OB! At every appointment she does a great job of answering questions. She also asks a lot of questions of me, rather than just telling me what I should be feeling.

Vero
10-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks Melly! We love it too :)

My brother made me laugh today because he published a pic of me in his Facebook and he tagged my belly with "Paul"... a TON of my friends who did not know I was preggo sent me e-mails after a few minutes... you can definitely tell what people are doing at work!! checking Facebook! LOL

I am glad your appointment went well :) I have my next one on November 19th... pretty standard too ;)

carleighstutz
10-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Vero - I LOVE the name Paul! Are you doing a middle name?? Funny story about Facebook. I check it all day long. I am obsessed...

Melly - Uneventful u/s are NICE!!!! This is the time for those. I always say it is a GOOD thing when the 2nd trimester is so quiet :)

Dreaming - YAH!!! I can't wait to hear what you are having :) :) I'm glad my story could make you and DH laugh!!!

knutfugget
10-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Carleigh I agree! A quiet second trimester is nice. :) When you don't hear from someone for a few days, they're busy having fun and enjoying pg. Someone goes "missing" in third tri and they're probably coming back with a baby! LOL!

Vero Congrats on agreeing on a name! :)

Melly My appts lately have been pretty boring, too. The heart beat is always nice to hear, but when your LO is so active all the time, you don't need it for reassurance so much. ;) Next appt will be more interesting - I get to drink the glucose drink and get jabbed with needles. Joy! :rolleyes: :p

dreaming Can't wait to hear what you're having! :D It's always so exciting finding out who is having what. :D

No news is good news, right? ;) Getting closer and closer to third trimester and getting a little freaked out by it, but excited, too! Time really flies after you find out what you're having.

Hope you're all doing well. :)

Vero
10-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Carleigh --- not sure if we are doing a middle name yet... the thing is that DH's last name is pretty long and in my home country, by law, we will need to register little Paul with both last names (my husband's and my maiden name), and my maiden name is pretty long too! LOL, so we may skip the middle name so that he doesn't have to spend lots of time spelling and having troubles when he needs to do some paper work later on in life (neither DH nor I have middle names... and my name NEVER fits anywhere!).

Dreaming --- your u/s is tomorrow right?? Can't wait!

Have a nice day everyone!!

dreaming
10-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Vero- forgive me, I'm really slipping! I didn't congratulate you on picking a name: CONGRATULATIONS!! and yes, my u/s is tomorrow :D

Knut- I got a little scared when you said time flies after you find out what you're having. I just want to get this semester over with and then enjoy pregnancy until the birth. I guess that's all part of it.

Carliegh - we really needed to laugh. DH's depression is getting better. I'm no longer the "enemy" and he even drove by a house that I was interested in to check it out. He had become so depressed that he stopped looking at houses with me, then said he just wasn't interested in buying now (and we live in a 1-br condo with his brother on the couch...hmmm, I think we NEED the extra room).

So far everything is going well. Yesterday I felt what I was told are braxton hicks. I got a little nervous about that but the nurse on call said that they are normal and that I will start to feel things earlier because my uterus is stretched twice as big as a singleton. As long as I'm not having 10 contractions a day then I'm fine. My mother kind of freaked out about it and said I need to lie down for 1/2 hour after I come home from work every day. I think I would just fall asleep.

ggill
10-28-2008, 09:38 AM
I am going in for my weekly appointment, yes weekly ugh. I do love to hear the heartbeat but get tired of all these appointments. They cant get my sugar under control. I am doing insulin 2x a day and my sugar is pretty much the same was when I wasnt on anything. I wish I could go back on met...next week I should have another u/s, I am getting those at least monthly, maybe more often at the end. I do love u/s but sometimes I wish I could just have a "normal" pregnancy. Nothing will be "normal" about this child starting from conception! DH and I like to joke about the third (IUI) party involved and how we are going to explain how babies are made some day! Not always the old fashioned way!

Vero- We thought about using my maiden name as a middle name as well. I really like the name Paul! Also glad everything is standard for your pregnancy!

Knut- We have a ton to do, but I do wish time would go faster. 2nd tri is dragging a little bit for me, but I know I will be regretting these words come Christmas and begging for more time!

Melly- Glad to hear everything looks good and you have a good OB! I get a different doc everytime and there are 8 at my office. They are OK, no complaints but it would be nice to see the same person

Dreaming- Cant wait to hear what you are having! I cant bring myself to quite talk to the baby. i feel weird. I dont know why. I had DH talk once and he got weepy thinking about his father who passed away 2 years ago, so I am afraid to have him do it again! I am going to try more, and DH could sing, that is what he does. I hope your DH is feeling better!

ggill
10-28-2008, 09:40 AM
I just looked out the window and it is SNOWING!!!! in Ohio before Halloween! I am not ready for that!

Bizzijoe
10-28-2008, 09:48 AM
I just wanted to pop in and say "MY TICKER MOVED TO MONTH 6!!!!!!" OMG I cannot believe how fast this has gone!! I haven't been posting much but I read posts every hour it seems like!

Dreaming-Good luck with your U/S tomorrow! I love them!

Ggil-It was snowing here on Sunday and it was a little shocking but then I remembered that I live in North Dakota and we can have all 4 seasons any day of the year!!

Oh I have a question I feel Brayden every day now but I only feel him a couple of times every day really low in what feels like he is kicking my cervix/pelvis. Do you ladies feel you babies all the time? Am I supposed to be feeling him all the time?

Vero
10-28-2008, 10:07 AM
ggill --- sorry about your sugar :( I hope they will be able to find a better solution for you soon! It must be nice to have u/s often, but not when you know you have to have them due to something not going totally fine... **hugs**

dreaming --- I'm glad your DH is doing better! and you DEFINITELY need the space! LOL We live in a 2bed/2bath condo and we are already planning on giving away a bunch of our stuff that is stored in what should be the nursery!

bizzy --- congrats on making it to the 6th month!! I do feel my baby move several times per day, but not constantly... for instance, if I'm very busy, walking or moving a lot, I won't feel him as much but when I'm resting, watching TV, laying down, he moves a lot... also, there are days in which he is VERY active, kicking hard (even my DH can feel the kicks if he puts his hand on my belly) and there are others in which I freak out because I don't feel him for several hours (but usually if I drink some juice and relax a bit, he starts moving). My doctor told me it depends a lot on the way the baby is positioned inside your uterus, the placement of your placenta and whether he is kicking towards the inside or the outside. I think that before 28 weeks or so, it's OK if you don't feel him for several hours, and after 28 weeks you need to do the kick counts to check on him... HTH

ggill
10-28-2008, 02:57 PM
My appointment was not great. They added insulin, but it is the same amount of shots. I asked my doc if I could mix the 2 kinds in one syringe and he said sure. He wasnt very confident so I called my diabetes edcuator and she said I have to very carefully mix in one syringe and it has to be in a certain order! These doctors! I was all ready to vent, but I feel better now that some time has passed. otherwise my BP was really good, it is usually a little high, so that made me happy. HB was good and baby is good. So I guess it wasnt a bad appointment, I just wasnt happy about the insulin change, but hopefully it works! tommorrow I am off to an adult cardiologist, and will probably have to wear a 24 hour monitor. I feel like such an invalid!! I think I will go spend some time in the nursery. It is painted and we have to crib and changing table up. It reminds me this is all worth it and a blessing!!!

Bizzi- Yay to ticker changes! It cant change fast enough!

dreaming
10-28-2008, 03:50 PM
ggill- I'm so sorry you didn't have a good visit. I hope the insulin change makes a difference, though.

Vero- I never doubted that we needed space, but I never imagined that we would stop the search all together. Every day is a struggle to stay positive when DH is depressed. I've gone to the dr a couple of times with painful cramps because of the stress. I only know that he went by the house because he told me after the fact. I was surprised and happy that he was making an effort.

Vero
10-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Dreaming --- I'm very happy to read that your DH is showing interest in looking for new places again :) it's a good sign that his depression is improving! I know it's very hard to deal with depressive people (I lived with my cousin who used to tell me every day that she was going to kill herself... it was horrible and draining), and I can just begin to imagine it must be even worse when it's your own DH and you are already emotionally and physically tired due to your pregnancy. I know it's easier said than done but try your best to relax... your babies need a healthy mommy! ***hugs*** I'll keep your family in my prayers... hopefully you'll find a wonderful place soon and your DH will go back to feeling happy :)

dreaming
10-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks Vero - we're actually dealing with it by me living with my parents for now (I've been there for a little more than a week). My parents live in the same town as us, so I'm not far from home. His brother is living with him in our condo, so he's not alone, and we see each other often and talk on the phone several times a day. I was getting depressed myself and not taking care of myself and losing too much weight. We agreed that the best place for me is to be with my parents who will notice if I don't eat or start slipping on taking care of myself. Right now my DH can't do that for me and it kills me to not be with him, but we've said that it's a matter of me being a good mommy to these babies so that they can be healthy and if I wasn't pregnant then I wouldn't even be at my parents' house. I'll go home tonight because we find out the sexes and I want to talk about baby names and plan a trip to the store to look for some baby stuff for a registry. DH also has a procedure scheduled in a couple of weeks (not to do with depression) and I'll go home to take care of him for a few days then too.

Today is our anatomy scan!! I didn't realize how excited I was to find out the genders until this morning. Last night I dreamt that we went in for the u/s and they found triplets - two girls and a boy. Hmmm... does that mean I want two of a kind and one of each? I also love going to the dr because DH usually comes and gets so happy when he sees them. I also started to crochet a baby blanket last night (in white)- DH asked me to make a particular pattern and it looks like part of a christening outfit, so I thought I would make that one first then move on to another color after we find out the genders.

My u/s is at 10am EST and I'll leave for the appt in a 1/2 hour. I'll update you all when I get back to the office!

ggill
10-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Dreaming- I am so excited to hear what you are having!! Twice the fun and shopping! I hope this gets DH excited too!!!

Vero
10-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Dreaming --- I can't wait!! I'll be checking the boards to see your post :D

Melly652
10-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Dreaming - I think we are ALL waiting for you to post :)

I think most of you know that my sister is expecting her third baby this month. Well, she called me yesterday and invited me to be in the delivery room with her! We are extremely close, and I feel so honored that she aked me. So, it will be me, her DH, my Mom, and her MIL in the room. She thought that it might help with some of the anxiety I'm having about labor & delivery with this being my first. With both of her boys, she was in labor for 4 hours and then just a couple of pushes before they were born. I can only pray that my L&D is like that :)

Vero
10-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Dreaming --- where are you??? you are killing us here! LOL :D

dreaming
10-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Oh Ladies! I'm so disappointed!!!! :( Baby A was not being cooperative, so no info on his/her gender. Baby B was initially thought to be a girl by the tech, but the doctor came in and thought he saw a penis, but then he couldn't find it again, so that one is inconclusive too. I would have been so happy to know only one, but I can't be certain of even that (sigh). The tech was pretty certain it was a girl, and said that sometimes girls can look like boys because they can be "swollen" from all the estrogen in my system, but the doctor couldn't confirm it either way.

Thankfully the babies are healthy and DH was great during the entire u/s. He was so excited and held my hand. When we thought that Baby B was a girl, I looked at him and said "A daughter!" and he replied "Oh, great!". I guesss he had a flash forward to puberty and dating! :rolleyes:

They couldn't even schedule me for another u/s because their computer was down, so I have to wait for someone from their office to call me back. They think they will wait 4 weeks before the next one - I don't know if I can wait 4 weeks!!!

Sorry to keep you all waiting. I decided to stop and visit my SIL because she works at the hospital, but she can really talk. I just couldn't get out of her office.

Vero
10-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Dreaming!!! I'm so sorry you could not see!! I would be frustrated too... but at least you know the babies are doing good! hopefully you'll get to know next time... long wait though!! ***hugs!***

carleighstutz
10-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Dreaming - BUMMER!!!!!! I just had that happen to a friend of mine. They ended up having to pay $95 for a "social scan" because her doctor didn't have any reason to go back and do another scan. If you don't want to wait 4weeks, you could always go try to find one of those and see if they can tell the gender for you. Most of those places won't let you leave until they find out because you are paying out of pocket for it.

dreaming
10-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Carleigh - That's a good idea, but they weren't able to get a few other measurements so I will have to go back anyway. I think I'm better with still not knowing. I was just so bummed because we were planning to go out this weekend and start looking at baby stuff. I would really like to know if I can pick for one gender or the other, or if I have to get gender neutral because it's one of each. I would also like to start calling them by name. Before I said "A daughter" to DH, I said one of the names we picked for a girl and it felt so nice to make that connection while looking at the screen. Oh well, I guess we'll just wait.

knutfugget
10-29-2008, 04:06 PM
dreaming Sorry you didn't get to find out! I hope you don't have to wait a whole 4 weeks to get another look!

Congrats on having healthy babies :). Glad your DH did well with the u/s. I hope he's feeling better these days. :)

Bizzijoe
10-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Dreaming I'm so sorry you couldn't find out the genders yet. I am glad to hear that the babies are healthy though!!! I hope you don't have to wait to long till the next U/S!

starlettemax
10-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Dreaming- it sounds like your twins are already playing tricks on you! Oh boy, you are going to have fun with them! I hope the 4 weeks go by fast and that maybe by some awesome circumstance they agree to give you an earlier appointment. Good luck.

Vero
10-29-2008, 07:11 PM
OK, so I decided to post a short video of my little soccer player hiding from the camera and kicking mommy!

http://s369.photobucket.com/albums/oo136/vrebatalanda/?action=view&current=REBATALANDAVERONICA2008102310201883.flv

I hope this works!

starlettemax
10-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Oh my gosh, Vero, that's so cute. You can make out facial features and everything!

ggill
10-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Dreaming- That is disappointing! Hopefully the next 4 weeks fly by!!

dreaming
10-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks for all your well wishes ladies - yesterday wasn't a complete wash after not finding out the genders. After the u/s DH and I went back to work, and I, of course was so disappointed. He was trying to be positive and say it was just a month, and we could be able to tell more difinitively then. I had planned to go home instead of back to my parents' house and talk with DH about baby names and plan shopping, but I didn't feel up to it after that big disappointment. But I went back to my parents house and packed an overnight bag anyway and went home for the night.

DH was wonderful! He was happy and laughing and rubbing my belly (and eating!). He he even held my belly at night and kept waking me up to roll over on my side because I kept rolling onto my back (we learned that laying on your back can cut off blood circulation to me and the babies because of the weight of the uterus). He even thanked me for coming back home, even though it was just one night. He was too sweet. It seems like he's really making some progress and I'm so proud of him. We did end up talking about baby names and made some progress on that front. And we'll still go shopping on Sunday, just "window" shopping to get an idea of what's available.

Even though we talk on the phone a lot and see each other almost daily, DH was completely different last night. A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has been keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!

Vero
10-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks starlette! I'm addicted to that little video LOL, I watch it ALL the time :D

Dreaming, I'm so glad your DH is making progress :) have fun window shopping!!

We are thinking on getting the pack-n-play with bassinet soon... we figured if we open it in our bedroom and leave it there for several months, my cat will lose interest in it by the time little Paul is born... I'm sure that as soon as my cat sees a new "bed" he is going to think it's for him!!

Where is everyone???

ggill
10-31-2008, 10:07 AM
I havent been able to get the website to work. I usually go through pcosaorg and its not working. I tried pcoscommunity and got into the boards, so I dont know if it is just me or everyone?

Dreaming- so glad to hear about DH!!! I hope everything just keeps getting better for the 2 of you!!

Vero- We are going to do the same thing I think, with the pack in play in our room, instead of an actual bassinet.

ggill
10-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Our church did a big trunk or treat last night, a bunch of cars park, decorate their trunks, and give out candy. Our bag was over 6 lbs. and my arms are totally sore!!! I have to to start working out before I have this baby! I was telling DH and he just rolled his eyes, it was some heavy candy though! And our kid could be over 8 lbs at birth!!

knutfugget
10-31-2008, 11:02 AM
We are thinking on getting the pack-n-play with bassinet soon... we figured if we open it in our bedroom and leave it there for several months, my cat will lose interest in it by the time little Paul is born... I'm sure that as soon as my cat sees a new "bed" he is going to think it's for him!!

The cat is definitely going to think it's for him. At least ours did. I was constantly shooing him out of there and having to clean cat hair, wash things, etc. And it DID continue after Nathan was born. Only once did he jump in there WITH the baby, but I almost had a heart attack! :(

Someone had told me that cats were afraid of babies or would leave baby things alone once it smelled like the baby - NOPE! So just get used to shooing the cat away and hopefully he'll leave it be. ;)

Vero
10-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Yes!! and my cat is sooo spoiled!! I'm thinking on buying the pack-n-play and putting a large piece of aluminum foil in it for a few weeks... my cat gets scared to death when he steps on foil (it's quite funny to see actually... I'm so mean!)

knutfugget
10-31-2008, 01:51 PM
November Thread is up. :)

dreaming
10-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Vero- I had to laugh out loud about your cat getting scared when stepping on foil! I could just imagine! We cat-sat for 8 months. I never had a cat before (I grew up a dog person) and I came to love that cat so much that I was torn about giving her back.

Bizzijoe
10-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Just popping in to say HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!! Next year we will be trick or treating with our little ones!!!! SOOOOOOO excited!!

Vero
10-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Dreaming, I know, cats can be so funny! I always had dogs while growing up, but my DH and I decided to adopt our furry baby cat in 2004... he cracks us up all the time, specially at night when he sees the shadows running in the living room and puts his "witch cat" pose and jumps LOL it's hilarious!

Happy Halloween everyone!! I hope someone comes to my door! when I was in Atlanta there were not a lot of kids around my neighborhood and I always had a ton of left-over candy :p